AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-07-18, 07:22   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

May the God Empress have mercy for the souls of the dead...for she will have none for the arsonist.
Old 2019-07-18, 07:35   Link #62
brocko

2nd highest death toll since WW2 in Japan....

Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...break/eu4eezj/
Quote:
…that guy whose skin melded with the asphalt, chased the perp to his home while his skin was falling off and he was on fire.
If even 1% of this is true, than that man deserves a goddamn statue.

edit: Jesus fucking Christ

more bloody footprints NSFW

edit 2: some update

この建物は1階が事務所、2階と3階がアニメーション製作の作業場になっていて、遺体が見つかった場所は1 階が2人、2階が11人、2階と3階の間の階段が1人、3階から屋上につながる階段が11人だということで す。

また36人が病院に搬送され手当てを受けています。

7人は無事でしたが、現在も5人の安否が確認されていないということです。

1st floor is an office, 2nd and 3rd are animation production, no nursery or any shit

2 bodies on 1st floor, 11 on 2nd, 1 on staircase between 2 and 3 floors, 11 on staircase from 3rd floor to the roof

36 in hospital

7 people are safe, 5 are missing
Fire Escape Ladders would've helped surely.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 07:35   Link #63
XLNC

Death toll now at 33. That's almost half of the people who were in the building.
XLNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 07:43   Link #64
brocko

Stuff like this is what really gets to you....
Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...break/eu4dz09/

A 69 years old man stood on site, he said his 21 years old granddaughter has been working for KyoAni for 2 years and she seems to work on the 3rd floor, but in the morning he found her name on the missing list. The grandpa met her 1 week ago." She always says she's working hard, she's happy to see her name in the movie, and recently she bought me a fan book with her own money as a gift, as she knew I'm a fan of that baseball club."

Source: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/articl...nshun-soci&p=1

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2019-07-18, 07:46   Link #65
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I just found out about this. I'm just....sad. This is beyond tragic.
Old 2019-07-18, 07:50   Link #66
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
Death toll now at 33. That's almost half of the people who were in the building.
12 men, 20 women, 1 unknown. RIP. And for only 7 to make it out okay

Old 2019-07-18, 07:56   Link #67
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Holy fuck.....33....
Old 2019-07-18, 07:57   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As an anime lover, words cannot describe the sadness I feel after hearing this horrible news, especially when this tragedy is intentionally executed by a deranged person. Kyoani don't deserve this at all. Why this has to happen to one of the best & respected anime studios in Japan who actually treat its employees & animators like human beings? Fate sometimes takes away the best of us. For me, this is almost like John Lennon tragedy. The difference being, there's still a chance for KyoAni to get back up and I hope they will do just that.

RIP for those who have passed, and I pray for swift recovery for all those who are injured. The anime industry has suffered a great loss. Not only of people's lives but also the loss of talents & creative sources contained within the KyoAni studio that got burned down today. Let's hope the survivors remain strong during these dark times.....

Old 2019-07-18, 08:05   Link #69
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Absolutely horrific. I can't believe this is what happens to my most favorite anime studio. RIP

Sentai Filmworks also put up a GoFundMe for them. They're on their way to $500,000.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 08:14   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

According to NHK rescue efforts are apparently already over. All the remaining bodies have been recovered.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2019-07-18 at 08:26.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 08:21   Link #71
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pixiv artists seem to be trending for "Pray for KyoAni" in the last hour or so.
Old 2019-07-18, 08:44   Link #72
brocko

For anyone wanting to support KyoAni directly, here's a guide to buy their digital Hi-Res artwork.
https://twitter.com/gokunobaka/statu...13889362989056

Old 2019-07-18, 08:52   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Holy hell. Who does that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 08:58   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

While it is probably the best way to do that, it is best to refrain from doing it for a little while even if digital distribution is definitely automated, any hiccup will need human intervention and I believe the situation doesn't call for it.

Right now, it isn't about money but human loss. So I believe it is best to give them time to mourn and settle their situation, then only after that, they will probably communicate about financial troubles if there is any.
I'm pretty sure they will understand foreigners' feelings, but throwing money at them won't ease the catastrophic and emotional loss they went through. If anything, it might be seen as questionable for certain persons in the worst case scenario.
Old 2019-07-18, 09:00   Link #75
Kakkou
Tch.

Please don't jump on Sentai's fundraiser (or any fundraiser that popped up almost immediately) so quickly when they have yet to establish any proper channels and procedures to donate the money to Kyoani. It's not as simple as just handing it to them. Wait for the full scope of the incident to be made clear and for Kyoani or authorised persons to make a statement about what we can do to help, or even for Sentai to confirm that they have actually worked things out with the Japanese companies like they said they're doing. Even the most well intentioned donation efforts can go awry when set up in haste. What they require or ask for may not even be money.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 09:25   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Please don't jump on Sentai's fundraiser (or any fundraiser that popped up almost immediately) so quickly when they have yet to establish any proper channels and procedures to donate the money to Kyoani. It's not as simple as just handing it to them. Wait for the full scope of the incident to be made clear and for Kyoani or authorised persons to make a statement about what we can do to help, or even for Sentai to confirm that they have actually worked things out with the Japanese companies like they said they're doing. Even the most well intentioned donation efforts can go awry when set up in haste. What they require or ask for may not even be money.
Yeah, gonna agree with this one here.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 09:40   Link #77
brocko

Rather heavy details surrounding the 3rd floor and roof access, spoilered just in case
Spoiler:

Old 2019-07-18, 10:19   Link #78
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this is a depressing news... and we still don't know about who become the victim yet
I don't know how the arsonist did this, but I think he planned it for long time because the fire is really huge and took lots of time to be handled by the firemen

let's just hope everything is okay and they could recover soon

about someone who mocked this situation, so far I still don't find them in Twitter..
Since it is still a trending topic number 1 since afternoon.. and also people still rallied together to give their supports
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 10:22   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sentai released this statement a few moments ago.

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who has shown their support for those impacted by the tragedy at KyoAni. Together, we can bring light to this incredibly dark time. We are partnering with GoFundMe to ensure that the funds raised are safely distributed. The money will remain on hold while we coordinate how they will reach those in need. Please continue to share and donate, if you can.
They have already raised over $600,000 from nearly 20,000 people. Apparently many of us, including me, are willing to trust an established company with deep ties to the industry to do the right thing.

It's also a striking demonstration of the size and dedication of the world-wide audience for anime.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 10:27   Link #80
McW
Canaan II When?

I can only describe this as a nonsense act of violence, it was completely pointless. My condolence is with the victims, the perpetrator could be thrown in the worse jail in the world and I wouldn't care a bit about him.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote