AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-03-12, 22:56   Link #681
Shadow5YA

I agree, but it feels like he's just not going to show up in this arc just because he already got the spotlight during El Dorado.

If that's what they're going with here then that'd be a pretty big oversight. It'd be like they forgot he was an imperial court mage ever since he returned to Weiss.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 13:51   Link #682
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I agree, but it feels like he's just not going to show up in this arc just because he already got the spotlight during El Dorado.

If that's what they're going with here then that'd be a pretty big oversight. It'd be like they forgot he was an imperial court mage ever since he returned to Weiss.
I'm afraid that I disagree with this. It was mentioned that he an imperial mage a few times and that was the reason that Lernen helped him.
I can suggest a simple reason why Denken isn't going to appear here and that is that he has contact with both of the organizations the Continental Magic Association and the Empire so nobody wants him around however I agree that we need an explanation for his missing.

P.S. By "Frieren Wiki Fandom" it said that he isn't longer an imperial mage but I don't remember that was said.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 14:44   Link #683
James Rye

Btw I could be wrong but this little story bit about that righteous guard who has been send to Kasten in the far north as a gatekeeper for embarassing a noble - I got the feeling that Frieren and co might meet that guard if they reach that city. Since they are traveling north there is a fair chance Kasten might be on their way.
Old 2024-03-14, 13:47   Link #684
Shadow5YA

Volume 13 is set to release around April 17, which is the same week that Frieren comes back.

I had assumed that there would be more of this empire arc in the volume, but I guess this chapter will be the cutoff.
Old 2024-03-14, 15:54   Link #685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To be fair, being from the empire as a normal citizen and working for the empire's government are two different things.
By the same token, being a member of the Continental Mage Association and actually working for it under Serie's orders aren't the same.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-14, 17:23   Link #686
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
By the same token, being a member of the Continental Mage Association and actually working for it under Serie's orders aren't the same.
I don't know about that. At the very least, Methode said that all of the first class mages are Serie's apprentices except for Fern.

Even then, Fern still receives mission requests from the Association anyway.
Old 2024-03-15, 22:46   Link #687
GDB

Honestly, I kind of view the Mage Association like the army in FMA, at least for the first class mages. Fern is just the lone wolf of the group like Ed was, but in the end still needs to comply at least every now and then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 06:53   Link #688
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Interesting. So every chapter gets adapted into half of an episode based from what I read. Probably what's more hilarious in retrospect is when they meet again that woman from the exam and Stark suggests Frieren they should recruit her for Sein. Frieren denies it since she is already a mature woman. All of us were joking about that when the anime aired and got to the exam.
Old 2024-03-25, 12:33   Link #689
Shadow5YA

Results of the recent character popularity poll they had.

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/statu...42083987742889

#1 Frieren
#2 Himmel
#3 Fern
#4 Mimic
#5 Stark
#6 Übel
#7 Aura the Guillotine
#8 Denken
#9 Flamme
#10 Sein
Old 2024-03-25, 19:44   Link #690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I will never understand Aura's popularity. As far as demon girls go, Solitär is far better. I'm guessing she's basically a meme choice like mimic?
Old 2024-03-25, 23:18   Link #691
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I will never understand Aura's popularity. As far as demon girls go, Solitär is far better. I'm guessing she's basically a meme choice like mimic?
Aura has become everyone's toy, in a pretty literal sense.
If Mimic is a joke pick, Aura is a real toy that netizens kick around to have fun with.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 23:56   Link #692
Shadow5YA

Aura has a pretty distinctive design and her distraught expression when she got owned was pretty memorable.
Old 2024-03-26, 06:42   Link #693
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The timetravelling arc was pretty awesome for Himmel. Right in his face they hit him with his dream of marrying Frieren but he still overcomes such illusion as he already accepted it he will never reach it. The omake scenes are also pretty good. Hope any possible anime sequel takes into consideration adapting these.

Is this an anime poll? Cos the first poll had that Mazoku villain Macht in a really high place over Fern and Stark.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-03-26 at 07:26.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-26, 15:36   Link #694
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The timetravelling arc was pretty awesome for Himmel. Right in his face they hit him with his dream of marrying Frieren but he still overcomes such illusion as he already accepted it he will never reach it. The omake scenes are also pretty good. Hope any possible anime sequel takes into consideration adapting these.

Is this an anime poll? Cos the first poll had that Mazoku villain Macht in a really high place over Fern and Stark.
As for that marriage dream, Frieren also was in it... and pretty much into it, until Himmel woke her up. ^^
Old 2024-03-26, 15:41   Link #695
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Another poll was made for best moments.

Old 2024-04-16, 17:34   Link #696
Shadow5YA

Frieren is back this week, and next chapter will be next week.

Looks like Sorganeil is sealed off for good. I wonder if Land's grandma was completely blind because of this too?

Land also mentions the Holy Wand being a part of the Empire's military forces, giving Frieren a connection to the Empire.
Old 2024-04-16, 17:49   Link #697
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Übel managed to keep fighting and catching her opponent while being blind and with her mana detection sealed off. Himmel's feat in the past arc doesn't seem THAT incredible anymore.

Didn't really get what was up with the Imperial mage's magic.
Old 2024-04-16, 18:21   Link #698
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Didn't really get what was up with the Imperial mage's magic.
We don't know exactly how it works yet, but at minimum it's implied that throwing the buildings and the blinding spell was not actually his magic and that it had something to do with what's in those vials instead.
That's why he could still attack even when he was bound by Sorganiel, and why he could've attacked Übel even when she was holding his wand.

We saw Grausam do something similar where he pretended to be the one casting Solitar's magic swords.
Lernen has also proven that you can store magic in bottles for someone else to use.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-04-16 at 21:11.
Old 2024-04-16, 20:36   Link #699
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Übel managed to keep fighting and catching her opponent while being blind and with her mana detection sealed off. Himmel's feat in the past arc doesn't seem THAT incredible anymore.
Himmel won. Ubel got her ass kicked. There's no comparison.
Old 2024-04-16, 21:13   Link #700
Shadow5YA

Himmel also had to deal with seeing and hearing contradictory information.

Ubel's ears still work fine. Himmel said he had to ignore the sound of the wedding bells.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party