AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-03-19, 08:32   Link #1361
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is it? Rebirth seems to emphasize more the theory of a multiverse rather than a sequel.
It is.

Remember that last shot of Aeris opening her eyes at the end of FF7? That's how Remake begins, emphasizing the sequel nature of the games along with various other hints.

And several months prior to the release of Remake, Square released a long commercial where a particular section of its contents pretty much foreshadows everything that has happened so far and what will happen next.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 08:53   Link #1362
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I always saw that scene as a show of how OG Aerith was using the Lifestream to stop Meteor. Besides, Cloud already made peace with his "mistakes" in Advent Children especially when talking with Aerith and Zack.

The Cloud from Remake and Rebirth has no recollection such events from other installments other than when he sees a different timeline. Same with Tifa. They were just given extra scenes. Personalitywise Cloud is far more immature here like in OG whereas in Advent Children he is more calm and collected.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-03-19 at 09:08.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 09:10   Link #1363
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The Cloud from Remake and Rebirth has no recollection such events from other installments other than when he sees a different timeline. Same with Tifa. They were just given extra scenes
He has no recollection? Then...

Spoiler for spoiler:

The story is easy to pick up I would say.
Old 2024-03-22, 17:55   Link #1364
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the game. The final boss battle was a bit too long for my taste, I guess it didn't help I had to retry the last two sections several times and cutscenes were unskippable. Once you know the trick for the very last phase though, it's easy.

Spoiler for Thoughts on the ending:

As for the game as whole, the main story is amazing and they did a fantastic job bringing FFVII's world map up to modern standard. I just wish they had found something better than fucking Chadley to push players to explore. More side-quests would have been welcome, it's a ~90+ hours game and there are only 35 of them.

On a different note, I was really depressed when my date turned out to be Nanaki at the Gold Saucer. I wanted it to be Tifa, and when I checked the stats at the end of the game she was at 95% affection while the others were in the low 80s, what the fuck? I feel like the game trolled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
If you kept track of the ending songs for both games you can figure yourselves out what the title for the final release will be.

Spoiler for spoiler:
It was already used for Crisis Core's remaster, it won't be that.
Old 2024-03-23, 09:11   Link #1365
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The problem is they already advertised the sub-quests to be character in-depth moment, to know better who they are.
Its nice to learn Barret gave thought about Marlene future, or Red and Cloud have to accept they cannot let a cooked chicken wasted but, following that, it will be annoying if sub-quests ended up reiterate / retelling same things to get into 50+ sub-quests quota. At least it rewarding enough to learn Vincent is part of Yu-Gi-Oh sub-quest.

Pushing Chadley is kind of inevitable considering in OG you can start side-quests in Disc 2 but you can only completed it safely by Disc 3.
Imagine if they do exactly same, leave the side-quests hanging; new players frustrated because they didn't know Yuffie run away with their materia to Wutai that not accessible until next installment.

Old 2024-03-23, 14:38   Link #1366
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was already used for Crisis Core's remaster, it won't be that.
That means nothing, and there's an actual reason why it was given that title.

Also,

TL;DR…
spoiler
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I can give you a more elaborated explanation if you wish.
Old 2024-03-23, 18:02   Link #1367
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That means nothing, and there's an actual reason why it was given that title.

Also,

TL;DR…
spoiler

I can give you a more elaborated explanation if you wish.
Yes, please. Just telling me I'm wrong doesn't help me much.

I haven't checked discussions on the ending elsewhere yet. I'm sure there are many different interpretations.
Old 2024-03-23, 22:34   Link #1368
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

For me ... To put it simply.

Remake ends confirming Aerith and Sephiroth are conscious about difference with OG, so Remake happens post-OG.
At worst, only Sephiroth is post-OG since he need the knowledge of what lead to his defeat to pull something like this.

Rebirth ends confirming Aerith too, and Cloud is conscious enough to be played by Sephiroth mind games.
Notice that the result is same even with control available, not Cloud just standing there like OG. Another hints are: reversed Masamune despite SE consistent portrayal Sephiroth stab with pointy, sharp part (OG Aerith, Nibelheim villagers, Midgarsormr and Weapon) and "Aerith sleep because Cloud is still sick, but she will die if she wakes up. So you (Zack) have to save Cloud."
Old 2024-03-24, 19:09   Link #1369
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, please. Just telling me I'm wrong doesn't help me much.

I haven't checked discussions on the ending elsewhere yet. I'm sure there are many different interpretations.
Yes, sorry if that sounded a bit rude.

For starters, the FF7R series being a sequel to OG FF7 shouldn't come off as a shock anymore. I think anyone that played the 2 games should have figured that out by now.

I gathered every major and minor detail in Rebirth to have more or less a rough idea of what's going on. Here're my thoughts.

Spoiler for spoiler:

By the way, I wonder how many players were confused going for a specific date other than Aeris, only to realize that their choice felt disjointed within the narrative and ultimately was just there for the sake of letting the player choose. I can proudly say I wasn't one of these people
Old 2024-03-24, 22:41   Link #1370
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Anyone with experience playing OG, or at least pay attention to how Gold Saucer goes, will aware Aerith is the canon choice.
Other choices exists not only in respect to OG but also as testament of SE efforts for VII-R, especially Tifa. No way they can do it without reading all feedback from hardcore OG players.
Old 2024-03-25, 05:41   Link #1371
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Anyone with experience playing OG, or at least pay attention to how Gold Saucer goes, will aware Aerith is the canon choice.
Other choices exists not only in respect to OG but also as testament of SE efforts for VII-R, especially Tifa. No way they can do it without reading all feedback from hardcore OG players.
The Cloud and Aerith route speaks more as a Star-crossed lovers type of plot and I think has a bigger impact to the story-line as a whole yeah.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 06:38   Link #1372
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
The Cloud and Aerith route speaks more as a Star-crossed lovers type of plot and I think has a bigger impact to the story-line as a whole yeah.
I like that SE in Aerith route put emphasis on her expression.
Really sell, "I will die as OG dictates, better make use all the times available."

Tifa OTOH is excellent childhood friend route.
You can see Cloud is more comfortable with her, which helps reaffirm Tifa importance to rearrange broken Cloud.
10/10 body language; for their shippers, the end of their date made it worth to kill Whisper Harbringer and defy destiny. LOL.

Old 2024-03-25, 07:55   Link #1373
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, I may be biased but I thought the story pushed Cloud x Tifa a lot more.

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

I've been reading people's thoughts on the ending and it feels like no two person has the exact same interpretation. That's how ambiguous it is

Really would be nice if the third game came out earlier.

Quote:
Yes, sorry if that sounded a bit rude.

For starters, the FF7R series being a sequel to OG FF7 shouldn't come off as a shock anymore. I think anyone that played the 2 games should have figured that out by now.

I gathered every major and minor detail in Rebirth to have more or less a rough idea of what's going on. Here're my thoughts.

Spoiler for spoiler:

By the way, I wonder how many players were confused going for a specific date other than Aeris, only to realize that their choice felt disjointed within the narrative and ultimately was just there for the sake of letting the player choose. I can proudly say I wasn't one of these people
Spoiler for Ending spoilers:
Old 2024-03-25, 11:11   Link #1374
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Not just that, "Reunion" is also a central theme in the new story of FF7, heavily highlighted in the yellow flower and the ending songs in both Remake and Rebirth which are call and response love ballads, with their common point being that the lovers need to tell no promises, for they know they'll one day find each other again.

I was never a fan of shipping, I always make sure to stay neutral when it comes to these things. Not having any bias allowed me to always see through the narrative and what it conveys.
Old 2024-03-25, 13:14   Link #1375
Shadow5YA

They showed that they're going to stay faithful to events of the original, even if the nuance may be slightly different.

The "new" elements may just be there as a way to give plot elements to things that had little to no explanation in the original, like the way they expanded the role of the Weapons and the war with Wutai to give Yuffie a better reason to join the party.

There's plenty of events in the third disc that weren't very well fleshed out, like Safer Sephiroth being able to cast Meteor, the Lifestream coming out to save the day, or Zack's relevance in general.
Remember how it took a novel to explain how Zack and other dead people were in the Lifestream that came out to stop the Meteor?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 13:59   Link #1376
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They showed that they're going to stay faithful to events of the original, even if the nuance may be slightly different.
If by "events in the OG" you mean the major beats, you're right. But if you think

TL;DR…
spoiler

You couldn't be more wrong.
Old 2024-03-25, 17:39   Link #1377
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-26, 15:32   Link #1378
Homura7

Exclamation

People are too obsessed with the idea that the narrative will stay 100% faithful to OG FF7 that they don't even bother to understand what happened at the end of the game.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Remake and Rebirth were just setting up things, the final part will be where the story will truly undergo major changes. It's about time you understand that you're playing a sequel.
Old 2024-03-26, 17:15   Link #1379
cyberdemon

Quote:
People are too obsessed with the idea that the narrative will stay 100% faithful to OG FF7 that they don't even bother to understand what happened at the end of the game.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Remake and Rebirth were just setting up things, the final part will be where the story will truly undergo major changes. It's about time you understand that you're playing a sequel.
I like changes. If I want 1 for 1 then I’d play the og. As long as they roughly keep to the original story than I’m fine with deviations.
Old 2024-03-26, 22:10   Link #1380
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:

People said the same thing Rebirth - how the next game for sure will be completely different!

Then Rebirth comes out, and it's still faithful to the original.

But the next time will be different for sure!
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg