Confused Shark

Thumbs up Sousou no Frieren (葬送のフリーレン)

Original Title : 葬送のフリーレン
English Title : Mourning Frieren
Author : YAMADA Kanehito

Info : Mangaupdates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU
Frieren is a member of the hero's party that defeated the demon king. Both a magician and an elf, those are the things that separates her from the other members. Being able to live longer than others, her feelings are...
This is the greatest elf of all time
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 03:03   Link #2
Tenzen12

Is she? I prefer elves that shows up more often then once every 20 years or so...

High Elf Archer from GS for example has no problem dedicate whole human lifetime to do social service to PTSD patient, because she knows it's just drop in ocean. which make pretty interesting contrast with Frieren.

That said SnF is higher level writting that's for sure.
Old 2020-07-01, 03:20   Link #3
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The one from GS is weird
+2000 years but behaves like actual little girl

Frieren's world kinda too peaceful tho
Yes, Maou is dead, but it's not like criminals are gone too
Old 2020-07-01, 03:38   Link #4
Tenzen12

Well if it's not like Frieren couldn't deal with bandit group or twenty in exchange for some random spells...

Also as far as GS goes I really think rather then matter of immaturity it's all about world view and choice and she can very well keep at it 50k years or so just fine. It's sort of like significantly less badass version of Vash or Kenshin.
Old 2020-07-01, 20:06   Link #5
James Rye

Frieren is such a cutie-pie. <3
Also the way they talk about their ten year adventure makes me really want to see a prequel to this main series where you see the 4 of them starting off to go get the demon king and what they experience during their journey.
Old 2020-07-14, 20:10   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So cute~
Old 2020-07-14, 21:07   Link #7
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

New ship emerges !!

Hopefully the author will not wrap up Mage girl x Sword boy immediately maybe 20--30 chapters then we have elf girl start adventure with their off springs.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 21:18   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Sword Boy? Stark is using an Axe
Old 2020-07-15, 17:28   Link #9
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read the new chapter.

It'd be good be good if Fern and Stark got together IMO. They do need more interactions first, though, and Fern should learn more about him.

And hopefully his cowardice is cured soon.

I do wonder why the dragon isn't attacking the village. Just a whim, after all?
Old 2020-07-21, 11:50   Link #10
James Rye

I had so many fav moments this chapter:
Fern hugging the tree, refusing to let go with tiny Frieren pulling at her. XD
"That's ephemeral." "That's eternity." Loved that human vs elf time view. <3
"This fear has carried me all the way here." Quite an epic sentence for a coward dwarf. Really liked it.
Stark killing the dragon in like 30 seconds and doesn't even get it until he is told after insulting Frieren. XD
Frieren going "wooo" over the treasure. <3
Fern limiting Frieren to 3 items only. <3
Frieren's nostalgic smile at the mention of Eisen seeing their journey as a deplorable but fun experience due her wanting to find all the weird magic in the world. <3
Himmel telling restless Eisen what kind of journey he wanted to experience with everyone. <3
Frieren having found a spell to create shaved ice inside a dungeon but when asked where is the syrup she just flat out says she got none, lol, truly deplorable. <3
Fern's comment on Sark's D after using the spell to make clothes transparent. XDDD
Hah, this is just so good~
I want this and Dungeon Meshi to get some real good animes sometime in the future.^^
Old 2020-07-21, 12:26   Link #11
kari-no-sugata II

Really like the atmosphere in this story.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 12:41   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This is what I'm talking about
If the setting is in the fantasy world, then travel to many places, meeting and separating with people would be very interesting
Recent isekai/fantasy is just becoming adventurer and camping in 1 city with harem
Yo not even adventuring lmao
Old 2020-07-21, 13:26   Link #13
Tenzen12

There is difference between "the" adventuring (job) and "an" adventuring (get involved in adventures). It's same like complaining that " The Magnificent Seven" suck because "cowboys" in it don't all herd cattle. It's just semantics on your side. Those novels has lot of flaws you don't have to complain about non-existent ones.

Anyway It's great Frieren is popular. It deserve it.
Old 2020-07-22, 17:07   Link #14
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Frieren getting popular is truly great.

And I also agree with James Rye on the latest chapter.

Like master, like apprentice. Both are cowards. Eisen learned to cope with his using his resolve and it looks like Stark will learn to do the same which is good. And it's funny how he didn't realize he'd already killed the dragon until he was told. He's the type that's really strong but doesn't realize his own strength, but I hope this changes.
Old 2020-07-28, 20:41   Link #15
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Re-hero
Old 2020-07-31, 11:10   Link #16
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That page is interesting. Shows a pretty interesting parallel between the two times and parties. And I also like how they still remember Frieren having been part of the Hero's party and let them go because of that.

I wonder if Frieren would agree with Stark about her treasuring the decade-long adventure as part of the Hero's party during her long life, like Eisen did. Fern said she wondered about that which may signify that she has her doubts.
Old 2020-07-31, 12:34   Link #17
kari-no-sugata II

Feels like we're seeing Frieren slowly and unintentionally re-create her previous "Hero's Party" journey but with a new generation. Seems she's taking the "hero" role. Meaning we now just need a next-gen priest.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 14:00   Link #18
Tenzen12

Reading new chapter, I really come to wish Frieren found love for herself too. Being elf sound awfully lonely. Best person for that would be Himmel son or grandson would be nice for that role (assuming he had any) as he was most concerned with Frieren being left behind...

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2020-08-04 at 14:11.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 14:46   Link #19
James Rye

Love how Himmel is both such a narcissist and yet also such a huge softie. All those statues so that Frieren won't feel lonely when they are all gone. But man, 400 years since she last saw another Elf and they are all just like her or very similar to her, yeah no wonder this species is doomed.
Old 2020-08-04, 19:18   Link #20
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Reading new chapter, I really come to wish Frieren found love for herself too. Being elf sound awfully lonely. Best person for that would be Himmel son or grandson would be nice for that role (assuming he had any) as he was most concerned with Frieren being left behind...
If there is romance for Frieren i think she should paired with immortal, ones with long lifespan because mortals certainly left bitter sweet experience to her. Personally, i prefer Frieren romance another elf because elf x elf is something rare to find in anime and manga.
For some reason this industry prefer elves to have interracial romance either date human or raped by Orc and Goblin.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party