Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-30, 10:47   Link #441
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Actually, not quite. According to Ep 45 of SEED, the reason why Coordinators' aren't perfect in every aspect is because of the fact that the mother's womb causes babies to develop differently from some of their genes. The example they showed was that one baby got the wrong eyecolor.

So the purpose of the Ultimate Coordinator experiment is to find a way to remove the uncertainty created by the mother's womb, by creating an artificial womb, which will help the scientists monitor the baby's development such that it follows the development path that they want it to. THAT's why Kira's the "Ultimate Coordinator", because he came out perfectly like the way they wanted him to come out, unlike other Coordinator babies. Others failed probably because they did not survive in the artificial womb or their development still messed up (I assume that's why Canard Pars was labeled as a failure).
well, I'm starting to think maybe all those "ultimate coordinator has most genes modified" stuffs come from some Kira fanboys trying to make it sound like Kira is soooo much superior to other coordinators right since birth. well, I'd say let's try not to forget Kira sucks at electronic engineering and has to ask Athrun to help him finish his homework. Actually, as far as I know, Athrun surpasses Kira in all possibly ways except computer programming, right from their school days, Kira always relies on Athrun to finish his homeworks
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:01   Link #442
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I'm starting to think maybe all those "ultimate coordinator has most genes modified" stuffs come from some Kira fanboys trying to make it sound like Kira is soooo much superior to other coordinators right since birth. well, I'd say let's try not to forget Kira sucks at electronic engineering and has to ask Athrun to help him finish his homework. Actually, as far as I know, Athrun surpasses Kira in all possibly ways except computer programming, right from their school days, Kira always relies on Athrun to finish his homeworks
could be tht i read it wrongly...in that case gomen.......still...the truth of Kira's ultimate Cordinator abilities lies in what Fukada wants it to be..so....

But HOMEWORK IS NO WAY TO COMPARE ABILITIES!!!!!!!!! I know that i'm the smartest in my class....the reason why i copy is that i'm too lazy to study and spend too much time on these forums
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:05   Link #443
darketernity
Coordinator

Quote:
Its properly good that Kira was the "ultimate coordinator" as I think its shows that Kira's good skills can improve greatly as he just went into Strike and then improve greatly to rival or even pass the elite zaft pilots when its comes to fighting in a mobile suit. (kinda wonder what if he had training )

Through your right as even if his genes are perfect, he doesn't excel in areas like Lacus with singing and dancing(unless theres something I don't know about that ). But the arguement of being "ultimate" should have some meaning as I heard an argument of why naturals can pilot with the right program as almost good as coordinators when they have faster reflexes and stuff. There has to be something different in certain situations (ignoring the naturals with special cases)as Kira knew it from the fight with the druggies that their not normal naturals as I don't think even with the right program, a normal natural can pilot Forbidden that well.

Last edited by darketernity; 2004-12-30 at 11:16.
darketernity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:05   Link #444
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well, Athrun was always the tops in everything . But yup. Kira is NOT the best at everything. And that means that the Ultimate Coordinator label doesn't automatically makes him the perfect human that Kira fanboys make him out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Just because it looks the same doesn't mean they are the same weapons as before. The Freedom could very well have better weapons even if they look the same. My 98 Tarus looks just like my grandparents 01 Tarus but they have very diffrent systems in side, looks don't mean every thing
Well, the Freedom's inside looks the same too, down to the GUNDAM OS serial number
Old 2004-12-30, 11:18   Link #445
Blaat

Quote:
Well, the Freedom's inside looks the same too, down to the GUNDAM OS serial number
Are you sure? maybe Freedom OS has a new service pack, you never know with worms and viruses these days
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:14   Link #446
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Are you sure? maybe Freedom OS has a new service pack, you never know with worms and viruses these days
Lol....Kira's in the middle of the battle when his console flashes and a picture of Lacus appears on the side of the screen with the message "remember to get a bottle of mile on the way back"......
Old 2004-12-30, 12:18   Link #447
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Yup... Its still "Mobile Suit Neo Operation System Series AVIC-T1 Freedom LA-SE3P"... No SP1 in sight
Old 2004-12-30, 12:23   Link #448
dreamless

now to think about it, doesn't the description of Kira's SEED mode in the novel (sensing both Strike and enemy mobile suits' precise status, distance, the next move the enemies are taking, the path of the missiles, and even the enemy pilots' breathings) sound like the "Zero Zone" in the Future GPX Cyber Formula ZERO, another of Fukuda's shows?
Old 2004-12-30, 12:23   Link #449
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Yup... Its still "Mobile Suit Neo Operation System Series AVIC-T1 Freedom LA-SE3P"... No SP1 in sight

I was more thinking the equipment within the cannons themselves given the replacments whould have been of ORB manufacture rather than ZAFT-PLANT
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:25   Link #450
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
I was more thinking the equipment within the cannons themselves given the replacments whould have been of ORB manufacture rather than ZAFT-PLANT
Freedom had plenty of spare parts within the Eternal (supposedly enough to build three more Freedoms). There's no need for Orb to manufacture their own.

Quote:
now to think about it, doesn't the description of Kira's SEED mode in the novel (sensing both Strike and enemy mobile suits' precise status, distance, the next move the enemies are taking, the path of the missiles, and even the enemy pilots' breathings) sound like the "Zero Zone" in the Future GPX Cyber Formula ZERO, another of Fukuda's shows?
Haven't seen CF Zero, but considering how much references Fukuda made to his old shows in SEED and SEED Destiny (eh-hem: http://img78.exs.cx/img78/196/seeddasurada2gz.jpg ), I wouldn't be surprised...
Old 2004-12-30, 12:32   Link #451
Blaat

Quote:
That's rather good I think, that means we can have an entire episode dedicated to Kira and his virus problem on Freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
Lol....Kira's in the middle of the battle when his console flashes and a picture of Lacus appears on the side of the screen with the message "remember to get a bottle of mile on the way back"......
I was more thinking of a "blue screen of death" but that could work to
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:36   Link #452
Kageh
Union Ace

Quote:
Well, Athrun was always the tops in everything . But yup. Kira is NOT the best at everything. And that means that the Ultimate Coordinator label doesn't automatically makes him the perfect human that Kira fanboys make him out to be.

I think the Ultimate Coordinator title has more to do with Kira having the potential to be the best at everything. He climbed into a mobile suit without any prior experience or training and went on to become one of the strongest pilots in the universe. Having super genes doesn't automatically give you the ability to be good at say, playing the piano, but it seems like Kira could become the best pianist in the universe if he applied himself.

He was probably very self-conscious of his abilities while living in that colony with other naturals. It wouldn't surprise me if he restrained his abilities so as not to attract unwanted attention.

There is no excuse now though. Someone with that much power should NOT be sitting around all day moping while the world rushes towards distruction. At least he'll be getting off his ass finally in the next episode.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:44   Link #453
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Shin's initial seed mode is more impressive than Kira's as far as I'm concerned.

And the random super mario jumps, how can you not like that!?

This is by far the best description of Shinn's SEED.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:46   Link #454
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageh
I think the Ultimate Coordinator title has more to do with Kira having the potential to be the best at everything. He climbed into a mobile suit without any prior experience or training and went on to become one of the strongest pilots in the universe. Having super genes doesn't automatically give you the ability to be good at say, playing the piano, but it seems like Kira could become the best pianist in the universe if he applied himself.

He was probably very self-conscious of his abilities while living in that colony with other naturals. It wouldn't surprise me if he restrained his abilities so as not to attract unwanted attention.

There is no excuse now though. Someone with that much power should NOT be sitting around all day moping while the world rushes towards distruction. At least he'll be getting off his ass finally in the next episode.
I don't think his genes make him the most perfect person in the universe. If he had the best genes, he would be the greatest at anything in everything, like a Renaissance man, which he is clearly not. It would be quite boring watching him in SEED if he was perfect, he would have no obstacles. In reality that is not true, he was pretty mentally unstable. I think most people are taking his "perfect" genes too far. It was just way of making him special(or an explanation of how he was a slight step ahead of the average person), like how Amuro was a Newtype(and Amuro is no way perfect, just like Kira).
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:04   Link #455
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageh

Again, from all currently available sources, Kira's title of Ultimate Coordinator comes from the fact that he's born from the artificial womb perfectly as intended, so he's the "ultimate product" of the genetic manipulation coordinator technology, however that doesn't mean he has any more genetic modifications or superior genes in him. (albeit in a sense he indeed has superior genes because he's closer to the next stage of human evolution, but that has nothing to do with the ultimate coordinator stuff, as so far Athrun, Cagalli, Lacus and Shin all have this "superior genes that makes them closer to the next stage of human evolution")
Old 2004-12-30, 13:40   Link #456
Rei_Ikari

Quote:
Again, from all currently available sources, Kira's title of Ultimate Coordinator comes from the fact that he's born from the artificial womb perfectly as intended, so he's the "ultimate product" of the genetic manipulation coordinator technology, however that doesn't mean he has any more genetic modifications or superior genes in him. (albeit in a sense he indeed has superior genes because he's closer to the next stage of human evolution, but that has nothing to do with the ultimate coordinator stuff, as so far Athrun, Cagalli, Lacus and Shin all have this "superior genes that makes them closer to the next stage of human evolution")
Wonder if its in their genes that give them the Seed evolution ability.....then wouldn't it be almost like newtype......
Imagine if ZAFT scientists manage to isolate the SEED gene.....and in the newspaper ad the next morning "Controversial Seed Gene for sale...helps u to get over any pinch....any situation"..wonder if it'll help u solve questions in an exam
Old 2004-12-30, 13:54   Link #457
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
Wonder if its in their genes that give them the Seed evolution ability.....then wouldn't it be almost like newtype......
Imagine if ZAFT scientists manage to isolate the SEED gene.....and in the newspaper ad the next morning "Controversial Seed Gene for sale...helps u to get over any pinch....any situation"..wonder if it'll help u solve questions in an exam
Yeah, I think that's the whole point... SEED seems to be a CE version of Newtypism... The problem is that there are already a version of Newtype in CE... So how would all this intermesh? Stay tuned...

Maybe the genetics is why Cagalli and Kira both have access to that "big" Seed while guys with less of a SEED factor like Athrun and Shinn got that "small" Seed? And Lacus who had even less SEED factor got no Seed animation? Dunno.
Old 2004-12-30, 14:36   Link #458
darketernity
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe the genetics is why Cagalli and Kira both have access to that "big" Seed while guys with less of a SEED factor like Athrun and Shinn got that "small" Seed? And Lacus who had even less SEED factor got no Seed animation? Dunno.
I think its irony that Kira activate the big seed after talking with Fllay and then fighting duel and the others. Later on after he meets Lacus again while getting Freedom, made his seed small and more controlled.

But when I think about it, is it me or does Shinn in episode 11 seem like he's in a berserker mode rather than contolled with all that slashing to those ea ships .
darketernity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 15:10   Link #459
Kageh
Union Ace

Quote:
Naw, man. That's your interpretation of it. Rau called Kira "the dream of humanity. The ultimate coordinator." When explaining to his wife why he intended to make Kira the ultimate coordinator Dr. Hibiki said, "Mankind has always strived to surpass itself. Because there is happiness in being better." And when Kira and Rau were fighting in the last episode, Rau said to Kira, "If discovered, anyone would desire to be like your kind... That is the reason your existence cannot be forgiven."

The implication is explicit. Kira is definitely superior somehow, even by coordinator standards. Then again, maybe that's just my interpretation. Who knows.
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 15:38   Link #460
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
wasnt kira made in the artificial womb so they could create a geneticly perfect human? i mean Rau said something like due the the sacrifices of you siblings or something like that. Im thinking that while Athrun cgali and the rest are genetically superior than other coordinators they still have genetic defeciencies while kira is Genetically perfect or at least the most superior coordinator? (forgive the bad spelling im still tired)
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote