AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-17, 18:25   Link #1781
OMchan
オムちゃん

I can honestly say I was a bit lost when I first read through the chapter. Seems like I have to do a bit of refreshing. Though with the next chapter not coming out any time soon, I should probably put it off and avoid having to refresh myself twice.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 22:26   Link #1782
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Put me down as another lost fan, I think I missed something important about the 14th and it all felt so, random. First we're there, then we're there and there's fighting everywhere, and the art looked off to me. Actually, with those two images on the previous page, I seem to like the older style better (then again I'm a sucker for traditional pen and ink drawings...).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 04:31   Link #1783
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally chapter out .

We'll see some news Noah but the newoutfit omg are they pedo lol
Lol , the third was already owned . Well , they are just strong agains akuma lv 1-3 i guess .
Seems that another Noah's pawnage begins .
I think the earl is disguised or not ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 05:19   Link #1784
andrewsch5658
*Author

Awesome chapter as always.xD
The Demon eye Wisely seems like an interesting Noah out of all the new Noah's introduced. Skin Bolic confirmed dead but not Noah of Wrath. Love pg 13 where the human Earl with his sword protected by other Noahs. That's just pure badass.xD The 3rd exorcist is kind of gross and creepy IMO. Noah's Invasion, started. Kanda vs Wisely, Krory vs Jasdevi(rematch,possible), Earl and Road vs Black Order,lol.
Old 2009-08-18, 06:08   Link #1785
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So err. . can someone explain what Noah really is ? D: this chapter should explain it, but for some reasons I can't understand it (same goes with Air Gear. . probably translation crap).

So basically. . every human had a Noah gene, and only a few chosen people can be choosen as 'reincarnated noah' ? o.o;

btw, this chapter is awesome ;_; this how the fight should be for Earl's groups. An all-out attack which will end things decisively lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:25   Link #1786
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

One statement: More new questions asked than answers.

Waiting until November.
Old 2009-08-18, 09:57   Link #1787
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So err. . can someone explain what Noah really is ? D: this chapter should explain it, but for some reasons I can't understand it (same goes with Air Gear. . probably translation crap).

So basically. . every human had a Noah gene, and only a few chosen people can be choosen as 'reincarnated noah' ? o.o;

btw, this chapter is awesome ;_; this how the fight should be for Earl's groups. An all-out attack which will end things decisively lol
Think of Noah as a possessed sinner, like the one in The Exorcism. 14 chosen humans that possesses Noah's genes and are considered far more stronger than the average humans today. They fight alongside the Earl to get rid of the humans they live with and the God they detest for killing their kind. They're depicted like an evil aristocrat, compared to the church.
http://dgrayman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Noah_Family
Old 2009-08-18, 12:39   Link #1788
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is this the line for the "lost reader" tickets? I know it's been a long time but I was expecting chibi-kanda and tons of flashbacks, not Zetman gore and a new arc...I'll agree that the whole invasion was rushed, I think the thirds started dying due to that conflict rumour probably bing true (starfish hand etc) but I could be wrong....Surprisingly enough, I CAN wait till the next release, it doesn't draw me like it used to.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 14:10   Link #1789
Arturia Pendragon

I am so out of the loop and this chapter confused me big time.
For instance how come the next chapter coming out in november?
Arturia Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:50   Link #1790
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I suppose "comeback" means making it a tri-monthly shounen to ensure plot and art quality?
Old 2009-08-18, 16:26   Link #1791
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I guess the next chapters won't be 50 pages or not?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 16:39   Link #1792
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Probably not, assuming this was an august special.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:47   Link #1793
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I guess the next chapters won't be 50 pages or not?
well considering that its monthly release than 30pages is a ultimate minimum... normaly its about 40pages...sometimes more... just look on mangas like clymore or rosario+vampire..... so DGM will have to get those minimum 30pages easyly :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 18:38   Link #1794
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Claymore has have a few chapters with <30 pages, so don't hold your breath.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:05   Link #1795
andrewsch5658
*Author

We can just hope that DGM can have around 40+ pages every month since Hoshino sensei had more time to spend on drawing. Also hope the magazine studio can give more extra pages to fill with DGM chapter.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:14   Link #1796
GDB

I'd guess about 38 pages on average, with the December issue (in November) having about 44. 38 being on the lower side of average from what I've seen based on FMA, and slightly more than average for the "return/premiere" issue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:19   Link #1797
ffantasy24

Read 187 two days ago and read it again today. Changes.... think I'm gonna need a while to get used to it all. And ugh.. All this hype about Kanda's exciting final revelation and look at what we got, 2 pages out of 50 with a one sentence dialogue from him. Wtf HOSHINO!!
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:50   Link #1798
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffantasy24 View Post
Read 187 two days ago and read it again today. Changes.... think I'm gonna need a while to get used to it all. And ugh.. All this hype about Kanda's exciting final revelation and look at what we got, 2 pages out of 50 with a one sentence dialogue from him. Wtf HOSHINO!!
Wow, give it time. Kanda's development is sure to kick off in the next few chapters.
Old 2009-08-20, 20:35   Link #1799
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well considering that its monthly release than 30pages is a ultimate minimum... normaly its about 40pages...sometimes more... just look on mangas like clymore or rosario+vampire..... so DGM will have to get those minimum 30pages easyly :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Claymore has have a few chapters with <30 pages, so don't hold your breath.
And DOGS: B&C - if I remember correctly, only around 15-20 pages or so for every monthly release.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:14   Link #1800
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The waiting is off, and my patience riped results, although I kept myself entertained reading other manga and watching anime during the long, long time gap between the last issue and the most recent one.

I definitely loved how much Hoshino-sensei improved dramatically not only the gothic-like art, but also semi-Lovecraftian feel of inevitable doom and nightmare surrealism which plagued chapter 187.

Spoiler for The Noah:

Spoiler for Alma Karma & the Third Exorcists:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural