Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-19, 03:25   Link #3001
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Anyways, I'm expecting a Yuki - Kotomi tie for some reason, and also, many other close votes. I wish tomorrow would come so I can get this annoying Yuki off my freaking signature.
Unless Yuki and Kotomi would be #1 and #2 after this match (AKA Shana loses and Tomoyo doesn't do as well as she should have), they won't be fighting for the Aquamarine Necklace. An overtime win only adds one vote to the total of regulation votes.
Old 2008-04-19, 03:45   Link #3002
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
I'd say... um, yeah But I think we are, 'cos I do
In case it needs clarification, I was referring to the character who had the full based on backstory and history.
Quote:
Yeah, to an extent they all do, but after Rika, Satoko definitely is most in need of saving, I'd say... especially after Kai fills in the blanks
Yes, especially after nii-nii had left.
Luckily...
Quote:
Yep, that's the one, five years before the current 1983 world. Since the "Worlds" are non-exclusive to each other and can exist side-by-side (as it were), in some worlds Rika has awareness of certain events because they've "already happened", whereas in others she has little. She's remembering from another, different world where the events have happened but not yet in this one.
...okay.

I may have to see these tips people are talking about on my second time through...

For those who care, post 3000 was also my 300th post in this thread!
Yay!
Old 2008-04-19, 04:03   Link #3003
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
For those who care, post 3000 was also my 300th post in this thread!
Whoa, that's some kinda magic-juju Congrats!

Quote:
I may have to see these tips people are talking about on my second time through...
Oh yeah, they're invaluable, since they actually are canon and are bits and pieces not necessarily in the anime; in fact, most are from the games. They really are important to gain a clear(er) understanding of the twisty plot(s). Some TIPS are just colorful little vignettes, but others are essential to "getting it", such as explaining "the hypo/marker" for instance...

One most-important thing is that with the TIPS you can piece ALL of the game pieces together (~52 of 'em!) and see how they fit and where they come into play. Genius!

Quote:
In case it needs clarification, I was referring to the character who had the full based on backstory and history.
Hm, not sure if that's clarifying but I think we're talking about the same anyway, one who wouldn't ordinarily be sympathetic I wonder if I were to say
Spoiler for ? can be saved?:
if that would be spoiling it? Better be safe... LOL
Old 2008-04-19, 05:39   Link #3004
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Damn it, qtip. Quit doing that. Or I will make a run for 3500th post.
Old 2008-04-19, 06:26   Link #3005
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for the stellar ISML strategic empires map: There are rebellions in the KyoAni Confederation. The Hiiragi systems are now in conflict with each other. It is either over the relations with Planet Izami, or Text-Spam between systems.

Also there is the power struggle on the front lines between commanding Intelligent Forces of Key and Non-Key worlds. The Nagato and Ichinose factions may just be lining up priority for the next main offensive rather than being a full rebellion. The followers of St. Nagato-chi are for observation of the enemy, while the Kotomi-chan Forces insist on more internal protection from bullying first. The God Empress has not ruled on this matter yet, nor has Key Advisor Kyou decided to bully Kotomi-chan yet today.
1. Internal 'rebellions' added to both Kyo-ani and Other civil strife-ridden sectors.
2. Polished the map a bit more, added descriptions/images to the Kyo-ani Empire and the Kugimiya Alliance (renamed, read the map and you'll see why )
3. Did a tally of Kyo-ani wins vs Non-Kyo-ani wins with visuals. Only counting matches where a Kyo-ani character was up against a Non-Kyo-ani, intra-Kyo-ani and intra-non-Kyo-ani results were disregarded. Some one please check if my numbers are correct.

There's been a whooping 88 Kyo-ani victories over Non-Kyo-ani 28 wins...

With rebellion brewing in the ranks, Leader of the Kugimiya Alliance, Jedi Master Shana has had to leave her citadel in Shakugan-no-Shana for the far flung province of To-Heart-2.

It is suspected that a potential Sith interference is involved.

It is uncertain if this has anything to do with the internecine strife that has cropped up in the Strawberry-Panic and Utawarerumono sectors.

Meanwhile taking full advantage of the absence of Shana from the frontlines, the Empire has launched an intricate offensive on the Alliance. Diversionary attacks are being made from Ayu to Setsuna in the Negima province and a deep raid by forces commanded by partners-in-crime Mai and Sayuri upon the 'sister' planets of the Fate-Stay-Night province. These are but a cover for a sweeping campaign on the core planets of the Hayate-no-Gotoku prefecture and neighbouring outlying neutral territories of Horo and C.C.

However, civil strife has also erupted in the Lucky-Star sector between sister planets Tsukasa and Kagami over trading rights with neighboring Izumi. What is more worrying is with "Coordinator Extraordinaire" St. Nagato-chi occupied with an intellectual battle with her Key-side opposite Kotomi can such a bold plan be carried out?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by melange; 2008-04-19 at 06:42.
Old 2008-04-19, 07:09   Link #3006
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

LOL @ the space opera. You're just having too much fun with that. I see Louise is now making use of her Void talent.

Tamaki vs. Shana - A battle over absolute territory.
Old 2008-04-19, 07:11   Link #3007
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Did someone say Au Au~??

Now animated~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Music never seemed to be much help for me in studying. Seemed to distract me enough from what I was doing. Some shows have easier music for studying purposes to others, but silence seems to work fine for me.
Screenshot of what my music organisation looks like. I organise my music by series/source and then I create shortcuts of everything to arrange on this massive tree. This way I know roughly what effect the song should have on me when I invoke it while working. Listening to music chosen by a randomiser is equivalent to taking a drug cocktail for me - I want absolute control over what I'm going to go through.

I've gotten it to the point where I abstain from Caffeine to keep me awake. When I tell people I listen to the same track for hours on end at times (though usually it's 10~40 minutes), they wonder how it's possible. The answer's the same as why I'm not distracted by the music - half the time I'm no longer consciously listening to it. Thus if it's doing its job, I can't tell when a track ends and loops over to the start. In fact, I go around chainsawing tracks (after archiving the original) to get rid of overly-long fade out endings, overly-long fade in starts and out-of-place chorus sections. All so that I make it harder to notice when the track restarts.

As for watching/absorbing Higurashi, for me it started months before the anime aired when kj1980 and Sushi-Y hyped on it - from there I knew this was a multi-chapter story with 4 Question arcs and 4 Answer arcs. Those days I was around in other threads of ASuki so I caught wind of it. Gathered my usual Synchers when the time came and we sat discussing each week's ep as it aired (we're all analytically minded). Read some of the TIPS but didn't bother for all of them. Mostly because I learnt the manga adaptations are much more faithful to the original source than the anime, so Opt and I decided it was most efficient to just wait for the manga to be translated.

I also grabbed the 9th bonus disc until the day I understand Kanji well enough or until it gets animated. I want to see this world where Everything Is Alright and therefore Rika goes insane...

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-19, 08:59   Link #3008
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Okey...that is the last time I will be clicking on the main site before turning down my speakers...

But nice choice of song
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
I know I shouldn't but I just find this hilariously entertaining

But I think you are missing out a nanoha-RM co-op faction there. seen as their are big time oldies, it's only fair to have them as a single force if the menace kyoani legion is to be stopped

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-19, 09:03   Link #3009
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

VOTED! I'll post up later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
1. Internal 'rebellions' added to both Kyo-ani and Other civil strife-ridden sectors.
2. Polished the map a bit more, added descriptions/images to the Kyo-ani Empire and the Kugimiya Alliance (renamed, read the map and you'll see why )
3. Did a tally of Kyo-ani wins vs Non-Kyo-ani wins with visuals. Only counting matches where a Kyo-ani character was up against a Non-Kyo-ani, intra-Kyo-ani and intra-non-Kyo-ani results were disregarded. Some one please check if my numbers are correct.

There's been a whooping 88 Kyo-ani victories over Non-Kyo-ani 28 wins...

With rebellion brewing in the ranks, Leader of the Kugimiya Alliance, Jedi Master Shana has had to leave her citadel in Shakugan-no-Shana for the far flung province of To-Heart-2.

It is suspected that a potential Sith interference is involved.

It is uncertain if this has anything to do with the internecine strife that has cropped up in the Strawberry-Panic and Utawarerumono sectors.

Meanwhile taking full advantage of the absence of Shana from the frontlines, the Empire has launched an intricate offensive on the Alliance. Diversionary attacks are being made from Ayu to Setsuna in the Negima province and a deep raid by forces commanded by partners-in-crime Mai and Sayuri upon the 'sister' planets of the Fate-Stay-Night province. These are but a cover for a sweeping campaign on the core planets of the Hayate-no-Gotoku prefecture and neighbouring outlying neutral territories of Horo and C.C.

However, civil strife has also erupted in the Lucky-Star sector between sister planets Tsukasa and Kagami over trading rights with neighboring Izumi. What is more worrying is with "Coordinator Extraordinaire" St. Nagato-chi occupied with an intellectual battle with her Key-side opposite Kotomi can such a bold plan be carried out?
Dude, love that Space Opera, seriously.

And where are Jedi Master Shana's two loyal Jedi Knights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Did someone say Au Au~??

Now animated~

Screenshot of what my music organisation looks like. I organise my music by series/source and then I create shortcuts of everything to arrange on this massive tree. This way I know roughly what effect the song should have on me when I invoke it while working. Listening to music chosen by a randomiser is equivalent to taking a drug cocktail for me - I want absolute control over what I'm going to go through.

I've gotten it to the point where I abstain from Caffeine to keep me awake. When I tell people I listen to the same track for hours on end at times (though usually it's 10~40 minutes), they wonder how it's possible. The answer's the same as why I'm not distracted by the music - half the time I'm no longer consciously listening to it. Thus if it's doing its job, I can't tell when a track ends and loops over to the start. In fact, I go around chainsawing tracks (after archiving the original) to get rid of overly-long fade out endings, overly-long fade in starts and out-of-place chorus sections. All so that I make it harder to notice when the track restarts.

As for watching/absorbing Higurashi, for me it started months before the anime aired when kj1980 and Sushi-Y hyped on it - from there I knew this was a multi-chapter story with 4 Question arcs and 4 Answer arcs. Those days I was around in other threads of ASuki so I caught wind of it. Gathered my usual Synchers when the time came and we sat discussing each week's ep as it aired (we're all analytically minded). Read some of the TIPS but didn't bother for all of them. Mostly because I learnt the manga adaptations are much more faithful to the original source than the anime, so Opt and I decided it was most efficient to just wait for the manga to be translated.

I also grabbed the 9th bonus disc until the day I understand Kanji well enough or until it gets animated. I want to see this world where Everything Is Alright and therefore Rika goes insane...

Okay, Psieye, as a fellow human being and Bio proofreader, I have to tell you this.

The amount of neatness in your music collection brings a tear to my eye. *sniffs*
Old 2008-04-19, 09:11   Link #3010
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
The flip side of it is that I'm waaaaaaaaay behind on my music processing. Especially if you include the near endless amount of Touhou music remixes that come out... But alas, work and anime are always taking higher priority. It's like studying Physics - I need to do it some time and pretty soon I'll need to adjust my weekly life schedule to have a slot here and there...

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-19, 09:54   Link #3011
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I know I shouldn't but I just find this hilariously entertaining

But I think you are missing out a nanoha-RM co-op faction there. seen as their are big time oldies, it's only fair to have them as a single force if the menace kyoani legion is to be stopped
Actually going by win count alone all non-Kyo-ani characters combined only have a measly 28 wins to Kyo-ani's 88. So it's looking like it'll take more than a Nanoha-RM pact to stop the God-Empress' war machine. And the fact that unless they regroup quickly the dolls are looking like a spent force...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Dude, love that Space Opera, seriously.

And where are Jedi Master Shana's two loyal Jedi Knights?
Holding the line in the master's absence? Louise's void capability (while skirting dangerously close to the Dark Side) makes an attack on the Alliance left flank a daunting task. Whilst Nagi right now has her work cut out for her trying to stop the irresistable hell-on-motorcycle Key Advisor Kyou who's leading a full scale onslaught on HnG's sector of the front.

As in the Clone Wars, there are too few Jedi's to go around

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2008-04-19, 10:17   Link #3012
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nagi, second ranked Kugimiya Knight, is facing the Leader of the Key KyoAni Forces, Kyou.

Meanwhile the Fifth Column from Hinamizawa is progessively sniping at other Alliance worlds. Only the world of Rika-chama is putting up a brave front for the Kugimiya against the Rear Key Guard, Ryou.
Collector for Oyashiro-sama, Rena has targeted the third ranked Kugimiya Knight, Louise of the Void, for collection.
Club Master Mion, without the aid of her sister, Inquisitor Shion, Has lead a movement into Nanoha Space, likely to aid the advance from the KyoAni loli-in-a-bag troops to Vita. Nanoha's partner Fate is out in the fringe worlds.
Following in her footsteps in the mysterious soldiers from Hanyuu open a two pronged invasion of Negima Space with their secret KyonAni allies from Ayu.
This Negima offensive also has the direct support of the God Empress Haruhi herself leading a charge against the defenseless world of Nodaka.

There is more, but the vastnes of the Galaxy make coordination on a single map quite difficult, for humans at least.
Old 2008-04-19, 11:20   Link #3013
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Actually the RM characters aren't really doing anything except for Suiseiseki, so I'm not sure if Nanoha/Fate wants them in the pact.
Old 2008-04-19, 12:01   Link #3014
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Yes you are.
But don't most of the characters in Higurashi have the troubled past and the "in need of help" type feeling to them?

And I don't really think any of us here could protect any of the characters from any of the characters in Higurashi very well (protagonists and villains alike.), and I personally don't really want to imagine it.

Wow. I really, really, really need to rewatch this now.
Gah. My "to rewatch" list keeps growing and growing, even though I began (and haven't continued since) rewatching Kino's Journey after three years not too long ago.
Would agree that Higurashi is just full of characters that give you the feeling of wanting to help them out. Though you obviously know that it isn't a great plan in reality since you'd probably end up in a very bad place. Actually did take into account my own abilities and what would happen if I got in there....not good . A situation where wanting to help is much better than getting involved.

Might not be a bad idea to rewatch the series. Should do that myself after the exams finish up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
For those who care, post 3000 was also my 300th post in this thread! Yay!
That's some posting magic you have there. If I wasn't asleep at that moment I would have been a real contender for 3000 .

The moe wars really is a dark world to be living in. A massive struggle between technological and biological as the FMP forces lead by Tessa engage the wolfpacks of Horo. Is this a case where human firepower will overwhelm all opposition? Or will the crushing fangs of the high level wolves endure?
Old 2008-04-19, 12:14   Link #3015
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Actually the RM characters aren't really doing anything except for Suiseiseki, so I'm not sure if Nanoha/Fate wants them in the pact.
Currently desu is languishing just outside the halfway point at #35. The further their 'balloon' shifts towards the periphery on the map the less of a force they become. Against Shiori, Desu may have a chance to tug them back towards the core.

Old 2008-04-19, 13:27   Link #3016
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Let's aim for 300 votes for one character guys. Link a witty moe signature to the voting site for the forums you go to. If you have a MAL account, post on the ISML thread to keep it within the first 1-2 pages so it can capture people's attention.
Old 2008-04-19, 13:31   Link #3017
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
204 mass multi-votes between three IP addresses. Nix that, and we have about 370 votes at this point. I haven't checked for other kinds of illegal votes yet...
Old 2008-04-19, 14:05   Link #3018
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
204 mass multi-votes between three IP addresses. Nix that, and we have about 370 votes at this point. I haven't checked for other kinds of illegal votes yet...
370votes without the multi-votes or with them?
Old 2008-04-19, 14:50   Link #3019
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Are people stupid enough to think that over 200 fake votes are not going to get caught? Not even that it's overall that many but just from so few people.
Old 2008-04-19, 15:15   Link #3020
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Wow.
That's... a lot.

Not that would tip any match.

Some suggestions regarding the space opera...
-The Nanoha and Rozen Maiden empires, once bitter enemies, have since made peace and allied to the Kugyu trinity. As the two oldest of the great factions, they were once the in disputable leaders of the universe, but have since lost much of their influence. Their belief that KyoAni's conquest of the universe would only bring destruction and turmoil is what pushed them back into war and their alliance to Kugyu and the other non-KyoAni factions.
-Tessa should be a captain of a KyoAni outpost (because a lot of people don't see her as a KyoAni character.) on the outskirts of the KyoAni empire, a vigil watch against incoming opposition.
-Kotomi, one of the leaders of KyoAni's Key Faction, and Yuki, one of the leaders of KyoAni's other major faction (The Lucky SOS Dan) have met disagreement after learning that Shana had been the one to defeat them both in the race to the first intergalactic treasure, the Aquamarine Necklace. The quarrel reached its climax and the two are now in heated battle, with the winner named the superior captain.

I'm also copying down everything written and I'll edit it a bit and such then release in as a novelised version. hahaahaha.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe