AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-26, 08:25   Link #861
OmegaWeaponZ

Or you can do what i do,which is: watch it, enjoy it, respect it shortcomings and place it it down the rankings of anime you enjoy. I think before all that is if you like the premise of it in the first place. I for one watched this show because i read the LN and enjoyed the way it was going. Not the best, but still enjoyable.
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:38   Link #862
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Or you can do what i do,which is: watch it, enjoy it, respect it shortcomings and place it it down the rankings of anime you enjoy. I think before all that is if you like the premise of it in the first place. I for one watched this show because i read the LN and enjoyed the way it was going. Not the best, but still enjoyable.
Agreed.

I plan to read the LNs after I finish the latest Certain Magical Index novel, so the show go me interested in the setting and characters enough to make me want to know more.

I don't rate it as the best show I've ever watched, but I like it and was there on episode release day every week. I certainly rate it as one the best shows this session and I'll be interested in other works by the same people.

On the show and it themes, I really enjoyed the fact Julie wasn't a Tsundere, passive female leads have been a rare breed recently and tbh the show had a Bleach like feel to it places too.. and I love Bleach >.<
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 20:34   Link #863
zerozeronine

Absolute Duo = Absolute Garbage,one of the worst shows this season,as bad as Mahou Sensou and Rail Wars.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 21:57   Link #864
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I really don't get some people's criticisms of this though. I mean... this show wasn't nearly that bad. It actually said some stuff and isn't just fanservice... I mean... it never annoys me either... unlike other shows in this genre... IDK this one rather resonated with me...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 22:24   Link #865
Miraluka
Banned

It's OK, some people are entitled to their opinion but among them some are biased way before they watch the series due to prejudices.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 22:47   Link #866
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I really don't get some people's criticisms of this though. I mean... this show wasn't nearly that bad. It actually said some stuff and isn't just fanservice... I mean... it never annoys me either... unlike other shows in this genre... IDK this one rather resonated with me...
I wasn't really that bothered with the story (although it wasn't without problems).
My biggest gripe was that the production team didn't get enough money to give it justice.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 05:41   Link #867
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wasn't really that bothered with the story (although it wasn't without problems).
My biggest gripe was that the production team didn't get enough money to give it justice.
Something thats tough to remember is that when u watch a show for the sake of watching it and when u watch a show for the sake of evaluating it.

Absolute Duo is a great example of a show that if you watch it but evaluate it as you watch you'll hate the show because of how many things it does wrong . If you look at most of the people who watch it we pretty much admit the same things we watch it for Lilith or for Julie. Things like character development and the heavy flaws of the battles are extremely notable.

If you read the LN beforehand all those things are emphasized even more because you read a story and imagine it a certain way and i think for most of us Duo failed to do that rather miserably. The problem with most of us isnt the story because the story is what it is since its based off the LN. Though practically everything else was bad. (In my opinion the story was bad also).

Now this is my opinion on the matter.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 15:25   Link #868
s07195
However,

So... last episode of Absolute Meatshield.

I don't like how they had to suddenly throw in that bit about El Awakes at the end, as some sort of mismanaged sequel hook. It didn't feel important, and suddenly Julie was had an internal conflict for no reason. (Because we could definitely see that in the anime, right? Haha, no.)

It's been pretty average through and through. I don't regret watching it, but I do regret buying the first novel way back before the announcement of the anime. I kept it on my backlog, and I'm not sure I wanna read it now.
Old 2015-04-01, 05:26   Link #869
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We're never able to receive the complete answer to what an Absolute Duo really is. Signs point to a possibility that each of the seven leaders in Blaze "technology", the Reign, have their own approach to attaining this status, with Miss Blaze Diabolica resorting to nanomachines or something similar to unlock the soul's true potential, and Equipment Smith choosing to create machines that attempt to level the playing field.

The second issue, fortunately, was decently handled. By the end, we're able to see steps forward between Tor and Julie, but still at the realm of familial friendship, as Imari stated. Now, what's left of the story is for both of them is to deal with their own reasons to be Avengers, namely the one who killed Tor's little sister and the one who slew Julie's father. There's also what seems to be a power gap between Tor and Julie, which may have been addressed by her status as a natural Exceed, but who knows.

All in all, as I expected, Absolute Duo wasn't outright bad, but the issues revolving the series like the concept suffering from Ruby Abuse Syndrome (excessive use of English to correspond to Japanese terminology) and the quality issues in the anime itself made this rather problematic to follow. One thing that probably improved the experience for me is that it manages to capture my expectations of the series—that it would remind me of Unbreakable Machine Doll's anime series.

That said, I'm not expecting this to get a Season 2.
ENTRY #239 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 01:50   Link #870
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Just finished the series, very disappointed. I wanted to learn more about what happened with his past first off, am I the only one that wanted that? Second, ending was weird and I thought the girl they choose as a secret weapon was off

The romance subplot was cute. Animation was weird, I didn't think the main character's eye color matched well with his skin, was it just me that thought this

Really liked the opening though

The girls were pretty bad ass too.

Over all meh series.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 05:47   Link #871
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I was enjoying the school episodes in the first half.

Episode 7 & 8 - are basically fan sevice episodes with Julie getting attention from Tooru because she can't swim.

Episode 12 - is this a plot hole? Tooru could have let Julie kill K first, before stopping Julie rage mode. I guess it was done so Tooru could look cool holding a sword to finish off K.

Bunny sensei ended up with yuri harem...

7/10 some boring moments, but decent enough to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
We need season 2, so Tooru can hunt down and kill Kirito.

Julie = best girl. Finally, a lead female that's not tsundere.

Last edited by LKK; 2018-11-22 at 18:17. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi