AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-13, 15:21   Link #21
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Music at the very end of the second video sounds cool. And I'm also glad the fight scenes seem to be the same in quality as the OVA.
Old 2012-08-14, 20:18   Link #22
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

BY 8 BIT?!

That's like asking for a crossover....

MY BODY IS READY! MY HEART IS NOT!

(Though I'm disappointed to the lack of testosterone, it works the same with the source material anyway)
Old 2012-08-14, 20:32   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Angelic Layer+Infinite Stratos...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:35   Link #24
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

...I'm only finding this out THREE MONTHS after announcement...? *facepalm* I fail as a Shinki fan.

Though in my defense it kinda dropped off my radar after they shut down the Battle Rondo service and the releases of figures kinda slowed down, in a manner of speaking. As much as I love the Strarf models, by the time KONAMI released Strarf Mk.2 Lavina: Full Arms, I was like, "Enough".

Strarf, Strarf bis, Strarf bis repaint, Strarf Mk. 2, Strarf Mk.2 Lavina, Strarf Mk.2 Full Arms, and then finally Strarf Mk.2 Lavina Full Arms...enough is enough, stop abusing my wallet KONAMI. There are other Shinkis that I must tend to...

Anyway, back on the anime, F*CK YES. I thought "Maybe..." when the MOON ANGEL OVA came out but for it to actually come true, awesome. Hopefully KONAMI will have the mind to print more copies of MOON ANGEL now...and hopefully not charge 10,000yen for it. Last time by the time I pulled the money together they were sold out...orz. Sure, I could settle for DLing in on the PSP and watch it in-game on Battle Masters Mk.2 but...the quality on PSP is meh-ish at best.
Old 2012-09-07, 06:51   Link #25
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Hasn't been posted here yet, but broadcast starts October 4th: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/busou/onair/
Old 2012-09-27, 16:04   Link #26
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Latest PV:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, the supposed ED for the series:

YouTube

Also, site containing general info about the TV series, as well as more new screenshots.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 20:39   Link #27
blackwhite67
Banned

Does anyone find the character design a little, how do I say this, tacky, especially that of the main character? Personally, I was hoping for more IS-style character design.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:19   Link #28
AdamEndless9

Sentai has licensed Busou Shinki!
Old 2012-09-29, 15:25   Link #29
Midonin
Last Engage

Both TBS shows are licensed before airing... I always thought TBS shows were unlicensable (or at least, far less likely), but now, I have been proven quite wrong.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:40   Link #30
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Both TBS shows are licensed before airing... I always thought TBS shows were unlicensable (or at least, far less likely), but now, I have been proven quite wrong.
The quick licenses for both TBS shows are probably due to:

1. Sentail already licensing the rest of Hidamari Sketch (making it easy for them to pick up season 4);

2. The people at Sentai having strong ties with Konami (the company behind Busou Shinki), with it dating back to the days of ADV.
Old 2012-09-30, 03:35   Link #31
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Images
scans

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-09-30 at 04:02.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 19:35   Link #32
Arctic_Kitsune

I'm expecting it to go from comical to a darker over-tone, especially after hearing someone from Magical Madoka helped with the show. Lovin' that Azusa is singing the ED for the show because I can loosely associate it Amagami SS. It reassures me that the quality will be up there.

Can kind of support the speculation as well of people's Magical Madoka theories with Artemis from Battle Rondo, Tempesta & Athena from Moon Angel, and Mimic from Battlemasters. Just a few more days as well...getting highly impatient.
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 20:57   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Kitsune View Post
I'm expecting it to go from comical to a darker over-tone, especially after hearing someone from Magical Madoka helped with the show. Lovin' that Azusa is singing the ED for the show because I can loosely associate it Amagami SS. It reassures me that the quality will be up there.

Can kind of support the speculation as well of people's Magical Madoka theories with Artemis from Battle Rondo, Tempesta & Athena from Moon Angel, and Mimic from Battlemasters. Just a few more days as well...getting highly impatient.
Wait, what?
That meas that "someone" could be Urobuchi?? I can't see this series going darker without him, right?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:14   Link #34
AdamEndless9

Quote:

Takahiro Kishida, who is a character designer for this show, has done character design for the Madoka Magica TV series and the movies. Ryouma Ebata, also a character designer as well as the chief animation director for this series, was the animation director for episode 1 of Madoka.
Old 2012-10-01, 14:03   Link #35
Arctic_Kitsune

*Nods to the two above posts*

Well, going to go take a guess that the first few episodes will be overly comical, gradually going into abusive Shinkis & Masters then into boss. As for the boss wonder what he, she, or it will be hmm....rogue Shinkis I bet.

--

- Wishful Thinking -

That Renge won't be afraid of the supernatural, instead be one with it stirring up chaos for the 4 Shinkis and the Master. Just pranking chaos heh. Ya, I'm wishing too much.
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:12   Link #36
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I should point out that character designers and chief animation directors have no majority input on an anime's story whatsoever. So the fact that they worked on Madoka means nothing about what the story may entail.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:38   Link #37
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:57   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Typically when it comes to these types of shows I find they don't ever really become more dark and complex and tend to keep their lighthearted tone throughout. Usually there's an attempt to inject drama, but it never feels like the overall atmosphere of the show becomes darker, depressing and/or more nihilistic like say what happened to ZZ Gundam back in the 80's.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past 3 or so years it's that just because a show has a mecha construct and/or weapon attached to the cute girl doesn't mean it's necessarily going to be any grittier or darker at any point than if it was just cute girls sitting around eating cake. It honestly depends on whether the emphasis is on portraying an overall concept, idea and tone with the characters in the show playing a part in events that are going to actually affect and change their personalities and outlooks over time (Madoka did indeed do this quiet well) or if it is simply showcasing moe personalities going through checklist events (getting to know their "handler", going to the beach, taking a bath, trying to cook etc.) and the expectation is that the viewer just gravitates towards whichever personality they prefer the most and that's that.

Anyway somehow I get the sense that this is definitely one that's going to fit into showcasing moe personalities going through checklist events.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 13:11   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Busou Shinki 01 - Some Kind of Agonist:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 13:57   Link #40
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, from the sounds of it, it reminds me of a cross between Angelic Layer and Bottle Fairy with the male lead act like a nanny for these miniature girls.

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life