AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online: Alicization - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 5 38.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 7.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-12-08, 00:37   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Sword Art Online: Alicization - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online: Alicization, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 14:43   Link #2
zeross87

the episode was super violent i was surprised the warning at the begin wasn't just for show. i'd like to know how the fuck their taboo index work if it allow them to rape two girls for the sake of punishment, like wtf.

i'm glad eugeo managed to break the taboo and i'm so glad those two got what they deserved. i wished kirito actually killed him instead of him going fatal error because kirito got the weakness of wanting to forgive the psychos since way before. he need to take the last step and be able to go for it when it mean protecting your friends.

those two pages will now be forever traumatized and the "mind lost" eyes were unsettling.

i wonder at the end if it's a brainwashed alice, the real alice gone turncoat (i hope not), a clone perhaps ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 17:08   Link #3
MartianMage

It's amazing that pretty much every arc of SAO has to have a rapist...

Also I thought these guys somehow couldn't break the taboo index and they wanted artificial souls that could kill but Raios is more than eager to kill here.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2018-12-08 at 19:10.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 17:09   Link #4
AntonKutovoi

Another arc, another rapist villain. I guess Kawahara just can’t think of any other way to write a detestable characters.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 18:26   Link #5
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Another arc, another rapist villain. I guess Kawahara just can’t think of any other way to write a detestable characters.
Did you forget the guy who murdered his wife because she grew stronger than him? PoH? XaXa? Or do you think Kayaba isn't detestable even with all the death he caused in the first arc?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 19:21   Link #6
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Did you forget the guy who murdered his wife because she grew stronger than him? PoH? XaXa? Or do you think Kayaba isn't detestable even with all the death he caused in the first arc?
Kawahara seems to try everything he can to make Kayaba look like a sympathetic character in spite of all he has done. This is like the nth arc after SAO and he's still not done with that, he had to show us how he was such a nice person with his lover. And he even made Asuna say that she doesn't hate him, which is his way to tell us we shouldn't either.

Kawahara is doing the opposite of trying to make him detestable.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 19:51   Link #7
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
the episode was super violent i was surprised the warning at the begin wasn't just for show. i'd like to know how the fuck their taboo index work if it allow them to rape two girls for the sake of punishment, like wtf.

i'm glad eugeo managed to break the taboo and i'm so glad those two got what they deserved. i wished kirito actually killed him instead of him going fatal error because kirito got the weakness of wanting to forgive the psychos since way before. he need to take the last step and be able to go for it when it mean protecting your friends.

those two pages will now be forever traumatized and the "mind lost" eyes were unsettling.

i wonder at the end if it's a brainwashed alice, the real alice gone turncoat (i hope not), a clone perhaps ?
From what has been explained higher ranking nobles have discretionary judicial authority. Meaning they can decide w/e a punishment should be.

Since disrespect to a noble is considered to what amounts to a federal crime that supersedes the academies rules its punished via federal(noble) law.

And given nobles have the discretion to determine punishment without apparent restriction they went all rapey.

I wonder if a condition for being an Integrity Knight is the ability to break the Taboo Index. Alice became one, and the Senpai figure that healed Eugeo's eye implied that error-freeze is a known barrier she couldn't overcome.

Will be interesting to see if Alice remembers Eugeo at all and if she does if she resents him doing nothing to save her.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 21:19   Link #8
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Kawahara seems to try everything he can to make Kayaba look like a sympathetic character in spite of all he has done. This is like the nth arc after SAO and he's still not done with that, he had to show us how he was such a nice person with his lover. And he even made Asuna say that she doesn't hate him, which is his way to tell us we shouldn't either.

Kawahara is doing the opposite of trying to make him detestable.
Kawahara can try, whether or not it works is up to the individual reader. Kayaba killed thousands of people all in the name of his own ego. Being nice to those you love does not excuse your evils.
Old 2018-12-08, 21:44   Link #9
Sakuratsuki

Seems like they did some extra censorship during the attempt rape scene in the Crunchyroll version of SAO. The Raw version was slightly different. I don't think they did this before. Despite the scene being violent I find it weird why they went ahead and edited it a bit for the western audience.
Old 2018-12-08, 22:09   Link #10
Wandering Soul

A new arc with a rapist villain? This truly is the SAO we know and have mixed feeling about.
Old 2018-12-08, 22:15   Link #11
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
A new arc with a rapist villain? This truly is the SAO we know and have mixed feeling about.
While not trying to be dismissive of the act, given era this resembles, asshole nobles doing disgusting crap like this is unsurprising, you did not want to be an attractive female back then. Though it does tend to crop up in SAO.
Old 2018-12-08, 22:36   Link #12
AP24

Be glad the web novel version wasn't shown
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 02:10   Link #13
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Be glad the web novel version wasn't shown
What happen??????
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 02:16   Link #14
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Also I thought these guys somehow couldn't break the taboo index and they wanted artificial souls that could kill but Raios is more than eager to kill here.
He was eager to kill as the law allowed. Rath wanted fluctlights capable of breaking "the law".
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 02:22   Link #15
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuratsuki View Post
Seems like they did some extra censorship during the attempt rape scene in the Crunchyroll version of SAO. The Raw version was slightly different. I don't think they did this before. Despite the scene being violent I find it weird why they went ahead and edited it a bit for the western audience.
It's likely a web streaming version thing. Goblin Slayer was much worse and was uncensored, so I highly doubt it's CR's doing.

I should also mention that Goblin Slayer's episode 7 ending was fucked up between the web streaming and broadcast version, so it's obvious they don't use the same tracks.

As far as extra censorship, it's pretty common. DLSite is a prime example of introducing extra unnecessary censorship to all of their digital works.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 02:45   Link #16
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidN7 View Post
What happen??????
The rape actually happened in the web novel, though only the after scene was shown
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 03:54   Link #17
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He was eager to kill as the law allowed. Rath wanted fluctlights capable of breaking "the law".
Weird. I thought all that mattered is the ability to kill. I mean why would they want law breaking fluctlights over law abiding fluctlights that can kill?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 04:35   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was so painfully stupid I had to laugh. Not quite as dumb as Goblin Slayer but it's definitely close. What is it with this season and rape anyway? Goblin Slayer, Sword Art Online, Banana Fish...

Well I guess that's Strike Two for me.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 04:36   Link #19
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Weird. I thought all that mattered is the ability to kill. I mean why would they want law breaking fluctlights over law abiding fluctlights that can kill?
because military operation are not always lawful. if you for example need a leader killed but doing so ins't exactly lawful under international law, you need soldier to do it quietly and not just fatal error in the middle of it.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 05:39   Link #20
moridin84
Custom User Title

A Lupin Dive?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote