AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 08:38   Link #3921
tarachi
Observer

Cool twist if it turns out that Mest is the villain for this arc, and the Death Guy is really Natsu's friend with a problem with his powers.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:38   Link #3922
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Cool twist if it turns out that Mest is the villain for this arc, and the Death Guy is really Natsu's friend with a problem with his powers.
Death Guy? ahhh, you mean that guy who showed up in a few chapters ago, saying that he wants to meet Natsu? I almost forgot about him now that the focus has shifted to Mest! How are the two of them related I wonder...

Mest targetting Wendy. Guess this has something to do with Dragonslayers again. Dragonslayer AND Fairy Tail's history all bounded together. Something like that?

Other than that, I'm quite disappointed that they didn't show the fight between Juvia, Lisana and Erza. I hope the author would do more with Lisana. Otherwise why the heck did he bring her back? we had so much expectation since we were led to believe that Lisana was dead!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:42   Link #3923
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Makarov's memory isn't as good now, he's old.

Despite having being one of the few people who saw Mystogan's actual face, and also someone who's been in the attendance of the Council for more than quite a few times, he never bothered to question why Seiglain looked like Mystogan and vice-versa.
Alright, I'm just going to clarify what I think is a serious misconception here. What I think Laxus meant when he and Markov were the only ones to see Mystogan's face, I don't think he actually meant he SAW Mystogan's face, more like his mask, because until now no one had been awake long enough to see him at all, period.
Old 2010-10-30, 10:01   Link #3924
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A color page without Erza? I can't believe it.
Yea I couldn't either, it's a crime to not have Erza in the colour spreads when the rest of the gang is there but after you read the chapter the colour page makes some sense.
It's just missing Elfman and Evergreen but then I guess that just means they are probably to be taken out of the game next.

Maybe we'll get a S-Class colour spread next, now that would be awesome!

So whats everyone's thoughts on how Elfman adn Evergreen beat Mira-chan?
I guessing it might be something rather simple and plain yet will probably still be pretty funny.
Well most likely Elfman knows what Mira-chan's big weakness is and exploited, which in turn makes me rattle my brain even more, thinking and wanting to know about it all!!
Old 2010-10-30, 10:53   Link #3925
Wrath88
Kissing...

They kissed. Then Mirajane goes all 'my little brother... became a man already?!?'
Old 2010-10-30, 11:12   Link #3926
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I kinda feel robbed, heh. I wanted to see the Erza/Juvia and the Elfman/Mirajane fights. But it also stresses something to me; it looks like Mirajane let them pass much like Gildartz did with Natsu. But Erza didn't? She treated it more like a standard combat test where they had to win, much like the two on two fights where the winner passes. This makes this first test horribly disjointed, as if the rules aren't consistent.

Mest vs. Grey I can kinda understand, as they are keeping Mest's powers a secret from the audience, since there is obviously something to him. As people have said, it's likely he is working for someone, but I have another theory:

In those panels where he first talks to Wendy, he seems real keen on experiencing things, so I think Mest was just created not too long ago, perhaps specifically for this test. He's a newborn kid, so of course he likes new sensations. That means someone created him as a means to get him onto the island, obviously for nefarious purposes, and it was probably that person who cast the memory spell, too. Whether Mest realizes this or not, is another story. He could just be programmed, or he could be playing an act. Either way, I can't help but feel that Wendy will get through to him somehow, when she realizes what he's done.

I think Mest might be "innocent" because he got onto the island. Similar to the Fairy Law spell the island might be protected against those who wish to do it harm, so sending a naive "child" with hidden programming may have been the only shot.

Whether or not Marakov is aware of this, is another story. Obviously, Gadjeel played double agent and fed Marakov information on Ivan, who is my choice for the big bad behind Mest. Ivan was once in Fairy Tail, so he would know of the island and what rests there. So, Marakov could be aware of Ivan's scheme, that he would be planning to place a mole in the S-rank tests to get onto the island. In which case, Marakov is letting it play out for now, for some reason. Or he might not be aware, having been just as affected by the memory spell as everyone else.

Whatever happens, I have a feeling that Cana will be instrumental in stopping it, or minimizing the damage, and thus she'll be awarded S rank because of it. It would also counter her feelings that she doesn't belong or should leave, if she contributes greatly and everyone else recognizes that; "We couldn't have done it without you, Cana!"
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:25   Link #3927
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This makes this first test horribly disjointed, as if the rules aren't consistent.
It's supposed to be a test of luck, remember? Getting Erza is bad luck. No one ever said it was supposed to be consistent.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:39   Link #3928
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
it looks like Mirajane let them pass much like Gildartz did with Natsu.
Can't say Gildartz just "let Natsu pass", he literally tore him to pieces and gave him a good beating before the latter counterattacked - most mages would have quit by then.
Anyhow, interesting theory on Mest, he's been entering for who knows how many years, and he knows about some huge FT secret*, which smells like Ivan (Makarov had said that he had disclosed vital FT information and put the lives his comrades in danger before expulsion). Playing Mistgun's disciple makes memory magic suit him, but I wonder what the heck he wants Wendy for...lolicon jokes aside
Quote:
This makes this first test horribly disjointed, as if the rules aren't consistent.
We didn't really see the end of the Erza fight, and Ever said they got a lucky shot, so I assume it ended like Lucy's...I hope the event gets retconed later though.
Quote:
No one ever said it was supposed to be consistent.
Fairy Tail isn't Lucky Star; being random is not always good.

*secret most likely DS/prophecy-related.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:00   Link #3929
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can't say Gildartz just "let Natsu pass", he literally tore him to pieces and gave him a good beating before the latter counterattacked - most mages would have quit by then.
Anyhow, interesting theory on Mest, he's been entering for who knows how many years, and he knows about some huge FT secret*, which smells like Ivan (Makarov had said that he had disclosed vital FT information and put the lives his comrades in danger before expulsion). Playing Mistgun's disciple makes memory magic suit him, but I wonder what the heck he wants Wendy for...lolicon jokes aside
i don't think Mest has enter before or even a real member of FT.
Old 2010-10-30, 12:16   Link #3930
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, Grey and Loki can't really remember how his last test went, which was the whole impetus for the idea that there is some memory magic in play. Combined with how Mest is about new sensations, that led me to believe Mest is a creation, and memory magic used to make him fit into FT. Mest could have easily been told about the secret from Ivan, who is the only person I can think of who would have known.

If so, then we're starting the Ivan arc, and thus we might see Laxus again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's supposed to be a test of luck, remember? Getting Erza is bad luck. No one ever said it was supposed to be consistent.
Eh, not so much a test of luck, as it is a test of combat. It's luck as to who you get, but you have to fight against someone (unless you get the safe path). Literal trial by combat. Even if there are S-ranks involved, it was said they wouldn't be going full out, so my expectations were that they would weaken themselves enough to be beatable, to a team with the right tactics. It's been said that an S-rank isn't so much power, but also how they are able to use that.

So, ultimately, the fights come down to an S-rank vs. an S-rank(if they have the potential to be) and a helper. Under those conditions, the team should win, especially if the S-rank judge is holding back. That makes sense to me.

I ultimately accepted that Gildartz can't really hold back so much, and thus his decision to eventually let Natsu pass. But I expected different from Erza and Mira, who can control their power. I am really curious about the Mirajane fight, as that was one I really wanted to see. Also wanted to really see the Erza/Juvia fight. Feels like I'm getting treated to the fights I don't care about, and being denied the ones I want to see, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:29   Link #3931
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't think Mest has enter before or even a real member of FT.
He has entered at least once before, going from the comment upon his introduction.
Old 2010-10-30, 12:30   Link #3932
Slayerx

Seems like mashima may have redeemed Mest's sudden appearance... I Hated Mest because it his appearance was a HUGE ass pull, but it seems that it may have been meant to be that way. Could be that he was NEVER apart of fairy tail and may not even taken part in the last exam... it seems like he may have just altered everyone's memory to THINK that he's always been there so that he could get to the island... now if only Mashima can find a way to reddem Lisanna's resurrection...

Though this makes Mest like 85% chance of being "dun, dun, dun.. EVIL!"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:34   Link #3933
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

All this talk about Mest being a lolicon makes me imagine the last page with Pedobear's face shopped in. Thanks a lot, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
They kissed. Then Mirajane goes all 'my little brother... became a man already?!?'
A kiss wouldn't be enough. Evergreen told her she was pregnant with Elfman's child.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:42   Link #3934
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Yeah, Grey and Loki can't really remember how his last test went, which was the whole impetus for the idea that there is some memory magic in play. Combined with how Mest is about new sensations, that led me to believe Mest is a creation, and memory magic used to make him fit into FT. Mest could have easily been told about the secret from Ivan, who is the only person I can think of who would have known.

If so, then we're starting the Ivan arc, and thus we might see Laxus again.

Eh, not so much a test of luck, as it is a test of combat. It's luck as to who you get, but you have to fight against someone (unless you get the safe path). Literal trial by combat. Even if there are S-ranks involved, it was said they wouldn't be going full out, so my expectations were that they would weaken themselves enough to be beatable, to a team with the right tactics. It's been said that an S-rank isn't so much power, but also how they are able to use that.

So, ultimately, the fights come down to an S-rank vs. an S-rank(if they have the potential to be) and a helper. Under those conditions, the team should win, especially if the S-rank judge is holding back. That makes sense to me.

I ultimately accepted that Gildartz can't really hold back so much, and thus his decision to eventually let Natsu pass. But I expected different from Erza and Mira, who can control their power. I am really curious about the Mirajane fight, as that was one I really wanted to see. Also wanted to really see the Erza/Juvia fight. Feels like I'm getting treated to the fights I don't care about, and being denied the ones I want to see, heh.
If the anime follows Fairy Tail up til this point, then I'm sure that the studio will recieve instructions to flesh out the fights for Ezra and Mirajane - Mashima has only so much room to do so much per chapter.
Old 2010-10-30, 12:43   Link #3935
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Fairy Tail isn't Lucky Star; being random is not always good.
We're talking about the rules of the test. Makarov said from the beginning that it's a test of luck and strength. Half luck, half strength. Getting into unfair situations is the entire point of the test.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 13:00   Link #3936
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A kiss wouldn't be enough. Evergreen told her she was pregnant with Elfman's child.

Um... don't you think that would've made her go Demon mode instead? Though I suppose its possible that kind of statement could cause her to drop her guard

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 13:23   Link #3937
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
We're talking about the rules of the test. Makarov said from the beginning that it's a test of luck and strength. Half luck, half strength. Getting into unfair situations is the entire point of the test.
Unfair situations are fine by me, like the Lucy-Kana VS Freed/Bixlow was a lucky win, or Gazille and Levy were lucky for making it through the quiet path, but these situations were explained. I won't mind as long as we get a briefing or a reference as to what happened, that's all.
Quote:
All this talk about Mest being a lolicon makes me imagine the last page with Pedobear's face shopped in. Thanks a lot, guys.
You're welcome^^ It's just the most hilarious pairing I could come up with
Old 2010-10-30, 14:55   Link #3938
NoLongerSane

208 is out.
Spoiler for 208:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 15:09   Link #3939
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Though Evergreen was sure acting Tsundere after that part, when Elfman saved her.
Old 2010-10-30, 15:09   Link #3940
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 208:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen