AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-18, 01:39   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They did not catch up to the novels. There are enough novels already written to carry the series to episode 64. The cancelled the series because the later novels don't have Youko as a main character and the idiot producers feel that unless they rewrite the show to give Youko a more central role they will lose their audience.

Originally they were planning to rewrite the story of the novels, but they were running into problems with the scripts since some of the characters would need to be rewritten to fit with the new plot. Unfortunately the character of Tai's General of the Left Division isn't well enough defined in the already written novels that they could figure out what he would say if he met Youko.

That's when the rewrites faltered and they decided to cancel the show. Perhaps when more novels are written they will be able to rewrite it without fear of inconsistency. Personally, I'm hoping that they will eventually decide to simply go with the authors original plot instead of rewriting it for ratings.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 07:41   Link #22
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMelody
But its a series which means I cant just buy 1-2 DVDs.....$$$$$ So trying to see if its that good....
One point to remember is that the first story arc consists of the first 14 episodes (the first three DVDs), so at least you can buy then and then decide if you want (or afford) to continue.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 17:45   Link #23
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

xris is right. These first 14 episodes really do conclude the first story. They've got a real conclusion, so you won't feel incomplete if you don't get episode 15. The only reason to get the fourth DVD is if you're dying to see more. (Of course if you do that, you won't be disappointed since there are so many more great story arcs to come. Then you'll be hooked and incapable of breaking free of this addiction!)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-19, 16:14   Link #24
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Then you'll be hooked and incapable of breaking free of this addiction!)
o_x!

Thank u for telling me about 14 eps. Otherwise I would probably afraid to buy more. (remembers neverending Cardcaptor Sakura)
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 05:18   Link #25
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Junni Kokki (12 Kingdoms) is an excellent series. I would say that almost no other anime series would come close to its depth in term of story and character development. I only wish I could read japanese to read the actual novel on which the series is based on.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 16:58   Link #26
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Some of the novel has been translated by fans. It is much more detailed and complex than the anime. If you're intested then you can find the beginning of it here and more of it here.

Old 2003-11-22, 21:43   Link #27
CommS007

I loved it
And it's finally also being stocked at my local store
I can't wait till they have all the 4 DVD's in stock.
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 11:30   Link #28
Lady~Kagome
Guardian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Lady~Kagome Send a message via MSN to Lady~Kagome Send a message via Yahoo to Lady~Kagome
I'm am so excited that there are other people besides myself who like The Twelve Kingdoms! I have only seen the first five episodes, because where I live they have only released the first two DVDs, and I'm out of money currently. I would recommend Twelve Kingdoms to anyone who likes anime. From what I've seen its very well done, and the art is fantastic.

Thanks to those of you who know a lot about this anime, you have told me many things I don't know. I'm very sad that it doesn't seem to be continuing on, but its nice to know that there are novels out there. Can someone help me out, and let me know if they are translated? And if they are, is there anywhere I can buy them?
Lady~Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 04:34   Link #29
nexus

Lightbulb Juuni Kokki (12 Kingdows)

I wanted to know how many eps were subbed for this series? I currently have 42. But on animenfo.com it says that there is a total of 68 and that NHK halted at episode 45. And I can't find anything beyond 42. Can someone clear this situation up for me? Thanks :]
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 04:42   Link #30
nexus

sorry for type-o. it's 12 Kingdoms (-_-)
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 04:50   Link #31
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Your information about how many episodes there are is accurate although incomplete. I believe that there is a thread where I answer the question in detail. Search for it if you want to know more.

As for how many were subbed... that is irrelevant since we do not endorse the subbing of licensed anime. You'll need to figure how to learn that for yourself.

Old 2003-12-10, 17:58   Link #32
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

haven't really seen the show yet, but from all the rumors/gossips floating around, i think i'd like to take a look at the anime once it comes out in U.S., i supposed it's gonna take quite a while with all the fuzz about the unfishined story etc. anyhow, so it is true that junni kokki will end at ep 45 instead 68? or they're just halting the production at 45, and the rest of the series will eventually be released. sorry for asking all these questions, but thanks to whomever willing to share the knowledge!
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 19:44   Link #33
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

If you search around the forums there are other threads that will answer your questions. (BTW, did you even read the rest of this thread?)

The first couple DVD's for Juuni Kokki are out here already. (or at least the first volume for sure that I know of).
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 20:15   Link #34
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
If you search around the forums there are other threads that will answer your questions. (BTW, did you even read the rest of this thread?)

The first couple DVD's for Juuni Kokki are out here already. (or at least the first volume for sure that I know of).

yes, i actually did search the forum for junni kokki, and aside from this thread, only two others with the obvious name junni kokki as the title of the thread existed, and both of which aren't really informative at all.[ if i missed something, please link me to the thread?] and I did read the entire thread before I posted my questions, since i stated that I've never even started the show, i was really confused with what the others said about Taiki...etc, the mentioning of characters' names and the discussion of the plot, I merely asked a question because after I read all the information I can get, I was still unable to comprehend what was going on with the series.

And I've checked a couple of the local retails at ny, and they told me that they've never even heard of such a title, if you would just kindly point me to a store where i can purchase the two DVDs that are out already, I can't get them via internet, since i don't have a credit card at the moment.

thanks anyone else, for the help.
Old 2003-12-10, 20:33   Link #35
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

How about this. The last sentence should contain your answer.

Old 2003-12-10, 20:38   Link #36
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter junkie
And I've checked a couple of the local retails at ny, and they told me that they've never even heard of such a title, if you would just kindly point me to a store where i can purchase the two DVDs that are out already, I can't get them via internet, since i don't have a credit card at the moment.

thanks anyone else, for the help.
It's called "Twelve Kingdoms" in R1 release by Media Blaster. First three volumes are already out and fourth is coming next Jan.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 20:41   Link #37
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
yes, i actually did search the forum for junni kokki
Well, it would have helped if you searched for Juuni Kokki and not for Junni Kokki!

And I just purchased the first three DVDs of Twelve Kingdoms from www.dvdpacific.com during the last few weeks, so they should be easy to find / order at your local DVD store.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 20:45   Link #38
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
How about this. The last sentence should contain your answer.
yeah, thanks, the indefinite hiatus, i took it as it means the show's indefinitely postponed till something can resolve the development of the story...no?, but when i checked the 'How Many episodes..' thread, it concluded that junni kokki was going to end at 45. does it mean there's going to be another season? or that's it after ep 45.
i'm sorry i've been really persistent about this matter, but i really wanted to get a clear answer before i buy the stuff.
Old 2003-12-10, 20:52   Link #39
lordwu

Quote:
yeah, thanks, the indefinite hiatus, i took it as it means the show's indefinitely postponed till something can resolve the development of the story...no?, but when i checked the 'How Many episodes..' thread, it concluded that junni kokki was going to end at 45. does it mean there's going to be another season? or that's it after ep 45.
i'm sorry i've been really persistent about this matter, but i really wanted to get a clear answer before i buy the stuff.
It's likely the rest of the episodes will be produced but it's really up in the air right now. Personally I don't care that Youko is not in the show and I don't want them to modify the original novel in order to put Youko in it. But I guess it's really up to the general fans in Japan...

Media Blaster is releasing the DVDs based on the length of the arc. If you like certain arc, you can just buy the DVDs for that particular arc. For example. first three DVDs covers the first arc about Youko in the anime. It's quite conclusive IMO and you can wait for the Taiki story to be concluded later on to buy the rest of the DVDs.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 21:00   Link #40
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
The show already ended at episode 45. There is no word about when, or even if, they are ever going to make any more episodes. Ever. Maybe there will be another season. Maybe there won't be. That's what I meant by "indefinite hiatus."

Don't worry about getting cut off in the middle of things. They finish a storyline at episode 45.