AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Shoujo-ai Couple
Natsuki Shizuru 111 57.81%
Shizuru Tomoe 3 1.56%
Arika Mashiro 16 8.33%
Nina Erstin 8 4.17%
Miyu Alyssa 2 1.04%
Miya Tomoe 2 1.04%
Chie Aoi 14 7.29%
Mikoto Mai 17 8.85%
Yukino Haruka 4 2.08%
Nao X Natsuki 15 7.81%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-31, 09:20   Link #81
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Funny how there is no mention of:

Arika x Nina
Arika x Erstin
Erstin x Akane (*points to Drama CD)

Personally I don't consider Mikoto x Mai a Shojo-ai pairing, because it just isn't. As for Haruka x Yukino, Haruka is way too straight, and I mean... stiff straight to be involved in anything like that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-31, 11:56   Link #82
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As for Haruka x Yukino, Haruka is way too straight, and I mean... stiff straight to be involved in anything like that.

- Tak

Definitely. That's why I give them a choice only in Mai Otome
Old 2009-09-01, 07:00   Link #83
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Personally I don't consider Mikoto x Mai a Shojo-ai pairing, because it just isn't.

- Tak
I don't too. As I said, they are more like sisters (or mother/daughter like Atlantis_Lux said) to me.
Old 2009-09-05, 01:15   Link #84
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
I get what you mean. lone_wolf said the same thing a few months ago on how the couple is getting way too overrated.

All I pointed out was that fans like that pairing for the wrong reasons.

As for me still a NatShiz fan till death...and I admire them objectively based on the series and the extra supplemental materials that come with the series...not because of the "Fanon" perception of them.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2009-09-05, 01:22   Link #85
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
I've a total dislike for the pairing MaixMikoto in Mai Hime, as I see it as a more mother/daughter relation
My favorite ones are NaoxNatsuki and HarukaxYukino in Mai Otome and, as much as I like Mai with Tate in Mai Hime, I would have not minded the couple MaixNatsuki
For Shizuru and Natsuki, I prefer their interaction in Mai Otome. It's more...well... balanced.
Yeah I have to agree about the Otome adaptation of Natsuki and Shizuru. Also because they are portrayed as adults it's a bit easier to identify with them.

In Mai Hime, it's a little difficult for 30-somethings such as myself to get into "teen" pairing because I'm just so over that period of my life and I can't relate anymore.....teenage angst just becomes so annoying after awhile that I just crave for more "adult" adaptations.

And yes I agree about the relationship between Mai and Mikoto in Mai Hime. There is just no getting around that "doting mother" image that Mai had portrayed and it's almost creepy to imagine them both together in a more intimate setting. For Mai Hime it's not anything more than "skinship" whereas in Mai Otome, a world where there is plenty of fantasy type themes and less logic (w00t!), creators were able to reimagine their roles so it was easier to accept that there "might" have been something between the two....well...maybe. *shrugs*

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2009-09-05, 01:26   Link #86
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Funny how there is no mention of:

Arika x Nina
Arika x Erstin
Erstin x Akane (*points to Drama CD)

Personally I don't consider Mikoto x Mai a Shojo-ai pairing, because it just isn't. As for Haruka x Yukino, Haruka is way too straight, and I mean... stiff straight to be involved in anything like that.

- Tak

Agreed on the Mikoto x Mai thing.

Haruka she certainly was as straight as an arrow and very disgusted with just the mere idea of two women together (That last confrontation with Shizuru just before she passed on into the realm of "green sparklies" is the biggest proof of that LOL)
In Otome, there's no hint of her disgust so it's safe to say that at least she doesn't abhor the idea. Though nothing in the supplemental material says anything much about her relationship with Yukino in that adaptation.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2009-09-05, 09:01   Link #87
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
In Otome, there's no hint of her disgust so it's safe to say that at least she doesn't abhor the idea. Though nothing in the supplemental material says anything much about her relationship with Yukino in that adaptation.
In the drama CD, I recall her disgust during Nao & Natsuki's rather... erm, compromising-pose in the shower room

On the other hand, Haruka seems to think that she is a man But she gets red-faced and embarrassed when a little boy made a marriage proposal Being straight is one thing, but I sincerely hope she is not shota-con

I am glad they made her Otome, it was just that much funnier.

- Tak (OTOH, I never read any ShizuNat fanfics, and I guess I should never start)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-05, 16:45   Link #88
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
In the drama CD, I recall her disgust during Nao & Natsuki's rather... erm, compromising-pose in the shower room
I think anyone would have been in disgust having walked in what they would assume to be an "act of carnal pleasures" regardless of whether you're gay or straight. And both were pretty exposed according to the CD track.

Haruka walks in on Natsuki and Nao just as Nao pounced on her and that is what Haruka had witnessed. It doesn't necessarilly mean that she is disgusted by two women being together. Afterall...she went to Garderobe...where it's almost "expected" to have kind of a relationship at some point. At least for quite a few of the students. And she was well aware of Shizuru's preference to the point where she and even Yukino even "helped" Natsuki and Shizuru get together due to a misunderstanding and self-realization on their parts. That was on the CD track that consists of Shizuru's Memoirs.

Quote:
On the other hand, Haruka seems to think that she is a man But she gets red-faced and embarrassed when a little boy made a marriage proposal Being straight is one thing, but I sincerely hope she is not shota-con

I am glad they made her Otome, it was just that much funnier.

I remember that omake. I think she was just flattered that "ANYONE" would even be remotely interested in her. While she had admirers in Garderobe (refer back to CD track with Shizuru's memoirs when Haruka was walking towards Natsuki and about to claim her as a heya-gakkari. You actually hear students squealing over her presence followed by squeals for Shizuru), Shizuru of course had even more.

But I do agree that that the relationship between Haruka and Yukino in Otome had Haruka acting like the "man" of the relationship...whatever their relationship actually consisted of. It was at least pretty clear that in Zwei, and even the last episodes of Otome the TV series, that Yukino was her top priority.

Quote:
(OTOH, I never read any ShizuNat fanfics, and I guess I should never start)
Oh and yeah...if you want to keep the integrity of Yoshino-san and Obara-san's original work then it's probably best to stay away from fanfiction lol. You'll realize just how many people don't have respect for "anime" as a whole and you probably wouldn't recognize Natsuki and Shizuru characterizations much less any of the others since they're basically stories about couples that just so happen to share the same names of the Mai Hime/Otome characters.

Let's face it...fanfiction sometimes ruins things like perceptions and is just meant for anyone who can't accept what the original creators conceive. And fanfiction is also part of the huge ShizNat problem that got out of hand the past few years. The fandom would have been a tad more respectable had it not been for the delusional bias that the fans seem to have aqcuired.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2009-09-05 at 17:00. Reason: forgot the other quote
Old 2010-01-10, 03:02   Link #89
Darthtabby

I voted for Shizuru and Natsuki. I have some misgivings about some of the things Shizuru did, but their story in Mai HiME was really powerful, and they just seem to have something that a lot of other anime couples lack for me.

I actually sort of go gah-gah over some Mai X Natsuki artwork as well, but I'm a huge fan of the canon pairings for both those girls.

And yes, that means I am a huge fan of both ShizuruXNatsuki and MaiXTate, as preposterous as certain members of those two camps may find that. One of the things that I've found frustrating about the Mai-HiME fandom is how members of those two camps have a tendency to bash the characters and/or pairing and/or fans in the other camp. I count both couples among my all time favorite anime pairings, and think their relationships are both vastly more powerful and convincing than that of your average anime couple. [End rant]
Old 2010-02-11, 20:26   Link #90
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Personally Shizuru X Natsuki was easily my favorite pairing in the show since none of the other yuri pairing felt developed like they did, and most of other pairs I liked didn't get much time since I wasn't much of a fan for Tate in any pairing.
MAL
Old 2010-02-27, 16:17   Link #91
miomio

Mikoto X Mai for me
Old 2011-01-22, 10:35   Link #92
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, there's no shiznao? L0L. it's a crack pair but i see it more awesome than shiznat. yeah, i was converted by a certain story i read a long long time ago. XDD
Old 2011-01-23, 18:12   Link #93
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I had to vote for Chie/Aoi, just because I liked their interactions in Otome. It wasn't as in your face, but somewhat subtle, and you couldn't really tell if Aoi felt anything in return. But you got definite vibes off Chie, although the whole thing was a bit ambiguous.
Old 2011-01-24, 23:49   Link #94
yurifanboy

Shiznat all the way!
Old 2011-04-22, 14:34   Link #95
Cari-san

I voted for Shiznat, but I see now this got the most votes.
Old 2011-06-12, 05:13   Link #96
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

there's even no competition at all. ShizNat is way above the rest in the poll. XDD
Old 2011-06-17, 20:46   Link #97
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

---They can be considered as canon couple so it's pretty natural for them to be at top in the poll. No one here likes Arika x Mashiro?

Old 2011-06-25, 07:31   Link #98
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Mai x Mikoto; maybe... that just feels right.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-28, 01:47   Link #99
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Mai x Mikoto; maybe... that just feels right.
I never found this pairing desirable. Mikoto grosses me out like sht. DX

anyway, that's your opinion and not mine. XD
Old 2011-07-17, 08:39   Link #100
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Voted for ShizNat, since they're like the glaring canon couple in Otome, but I'm growing to like ShizNao...