AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-20, 22:27   Link #61
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

And they want to speed it up eventually, but nothing specified yet.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 23:58   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Excellent, it'll only take them 10 years then :3
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 03:31   Link #63
LevelSeven

will the NT still stay in baka-tsuki?? or does this vanish too??
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 04:24   Link #64
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
But I wonder how expensive will be the ship costs...
Check this out.
http://www.bookdepository.com/Sword-...ctCurrency=USD

The price is very standard for a book with over 200 pages. Free shipping.

Quite cheap actually. Much cheaper than amazon...

It's safe to assume Index will have the same prices.
Old 2014-04-21, 04:50   Link #65
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Personally I wonder how they will do the covers, with Haruhi they changed the paper back versions (I suppose to appeal to the non-anime crowd) and left the original covers for the hardbacks. Honestly I don't really mind either way, only problem I have with the cover art is that since the art has evolved over time the Touma on volume 2 is a bit awkward to look at now.

... And I also wonder how people are going to take all the Pseudo-Christian nonsense in the series. While I enjoy the books, being a person who studies religion in depth, some of the stuff is cringe-worthy to say the least.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 06:29   Link #66
Draco Spirit

Its anime, everyone knows anime always gets Christianity really wrong!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:15   Link #67
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Exclamation Baka-Tsuki and Toaru Majutsu no Index Licensing Announcement

Here is how the situation currently stands regarding Baka-Tsuki and the Toaru Majutsu no Index Project:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...p?f=58&t=10359
Old 2014-04-21, 09:07   Link #68
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Personally I wonder how they will do the covers, with Haruhi they changed the paper back versions (I suppose to appeal to the non-anime crowd) and left the original covers for the hardbacks. Honestly I don't really mind either way, only problem I have with the cover art is that since the art has evolved over time the Touma on volume 2 is a bit awkward to look at now.
Did Haruhi in Japan have a paperback/hardcover option? I think that's what decides it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Excellent, it'll only take them 10 years then :3
Old 2014-04-21, 12:00   Link #69
Trung-t-rung

Well, the only thing I like about this is to see the raging looks of all the Mikoto fans when they see how insignificant she is in the grand scheme of things in Index verse.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:06   Link #70
LevelSeven

Quote:
Well, the only thing I like about this is to see the raging looks of all the Mikoto fans when they see how insignificant she is in the grand scheme of things in Index verse.
except the MC's and the arc enemys... everyone else is insignificant in toaru....
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:13   Link #71
Birdway
Banned

That's why they'll rage anyway.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:14   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Those who care enough to read the LN already knows, those who don't care about the LN would never know.

I really don't think the LN being licensed would suddenly make them care.

However I want to avoid this devolving into a pissing competition for no apparent reason.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:18   Link #73
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Cmon. Don't base this off of childish taunting/vengeance or turn it all upside down like that with baseless assumptions.

See the good in it.
Old 2014-04-21, 13:10   Link #74
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Has there been anything on hardbacks and such?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 15:17   Link #75
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Those who care enough to read the LN already knows, those who don't care about the LN would never know.

I really don't think the LN being licensed would suddenly make them care.

However I want to avoid this devolving into a pissing competition for no apparent reason.
Wait shouldn't we be ecstatic everything else except the first part is staying? While volume 22 is a shame. In the meantime NT will be there.

I also want to point out that there are plenty of people who would watch season 1 and 2 and then read the novels and fall in love with the series. I mean that happened to me. I didn't read volume one until I had finished OT and maybe even NT 5 or something like that.

For people who will read it for the interesting story, there could be a boatload of non-anime fans who would read this series because it is amazing. They happen to be a lot less judgmental to some of these things sometimes than anime fans can be. I think you'd be surprised by the large difference maybe in the series popularity at least in the US in the next few years as a result of this move.

I've always had a feeling like a lot of people don't know about BT so they don't read it. Novels that are official might change that you know.

Furthermore, I'm also curious and slightly antsy to see the reaction to the Christian symbolism. But I think it's better than what the reaction to attack on Titan on toonami is going to be. That is for sure!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 16:46   Link #76
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I don't know if the Christian thing will be a big deal... it's definitely more in-the-face than other series, but I think it should have happened with the anime.
Old 2014-04-21, 17:21   Link #77
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I just got back home after a week and finally got back on the internet and this is the first thing I see...hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Here is how the situation currently stands regarding Baka-Tsuki and the Toaru Majutsu no Index Project:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...p?f=58&t=10359
Okay...my worst fears have been averted, then. Does anyone know if they have a release schedule anywhere or is the announcement the only info we have? I gotta know when to go to the book store to pick up the first volume when it comes out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I don't know if the Christian thing will be a big deal... it's definitely more in-the-face than other series, but I think it should have happened with the anime.
There are people who are stupidly sensitive to that and I pity them but even as an atheist, I never found the Christian thing to be a big deal at all. Heck, I quite enjoyed it.
Old 2014-04-21, 17:27   Link #78
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Well first volume is out this Winter. They are following their every 4 month per release schedule and plan to speed it up.

Yeah. They take the religion thing too personally.
Old 2014-04-21, 17:35   Link #79
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Well first volume is out this Winter. They are following their every 4 month per release schedule and plan to speed it up.

Yeah. They take the religion thing too personally.
They hope to speed it up if possible, but there's no guarantee. Doesn't nearly every work of fiction portray Christianity, or more precisely Catholicism, in a negative light?

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-21 at 17:45.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 17:38   Link #80
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Anyone that uses religion? Yeah. I mean, if they wanted to start now, it would be really weird.

That's why I cited the anime which has more exposure than any LN.