AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-10-11, 05:59   Link #6641
NapoleonDeCheese

See, if Akamatsu wanted to have an Ala Rubra series he should have just done it. He clearly didn't, and thus he administered the Ala Rubra flashbacks in Negima wisely. That was okay, but by now more than half the time in UQ Holder the story isn't about UQ Holder as such, which is even more troubling for a monthly since the pace of the actual main plot moves like molasses.

Touta is not the most compelling lead character (he'd have made a damn fine supporing character with less of a powerwank, a la Kotaro) and he's a major downstep compared to the more unique and layered Negi, but shoving him out of the focus all the time now only makes the problem as bad as it was when the camera was constantly on him. There must be some balance, the likes of which Negima struck until the final arcs but UQ just can't seem to achieve.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 06:39   Link #6642
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Nice to see Jinbei in action in the flashbacks, though I'd like it to be a little bit longer.

Kinda disappointed with how easily Eva got destroyed by that Noble chick. She also seemed unstable, unlike Dana.

And I agree with @AstroNerd about Touta, his optimism is annoying, it removes all the tension from the story itself. He needs a push to the dark side, like Anakin Skywalker.
This still seems to be pretty early in Eva's history, before she was the Averruncus wrecking super mage from Negima.
Old 2018-10-11, 09:49   Link #6643
NapoleonDeCheese

She has already trained under Dana, though, which poses the question how much of Eva's uberness comes from her. I kinda doubt she went back to her for more training after this, but everything is possible, I suppose.
Old 2018-10-11, 09:53   Link #6644
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
She has already trained under Dana, though, which poses the question how much of Eva's uberness comes from her. I kinda doubt she went back to her for more training after this, but everything is possible, I suppose.
Dana taught her about being immortal, but her uberness came from her doll magic (which we see her get here) and Magia Erebia (which we haven't seen her use. After that it's just the passage of time and experience making her into a monster combat wise. She isnt the "Dark Evangel" yet.
Old 2018-10-11, 20:45   Link #6645
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Dana taught her about being immortal, but her uberness came from her doll magic (which we see her get here) and Magia Erebia (which we haven't seen her use. After that it's just the passage of time and experience making her into a monster combat wise. She isnt the "Dark Evangel" yet.
But Eva is already infamous based on things Karin and Jinbee said. Jinbee called her The Apostle of the Dark Gospel, which is close to Dark Evangel. Ditto the Martian Mage Lord. Karin called her Demon Queen.
Old 2018-10-11, 21:19   Link #6646
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
But Eva is already infamous based on things Karin and Jinbee said. Jinbee called her The Apostle of the Dark Gospel, which is close to Dark Evangel. Ditto the Martian Mage Lord. Karin called her Demon Queen.
Being a little famous in a certain country doesn't mean she's yet achieved the heights we know she will. She proably still hasn't gotten that huge bounty yet, which is likely what makes her truly famous.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 04:01   Link #6647
SilverGlavenus

Meh, even in Eva's peak, Dana still played around with her. Safe to assume that each Noble possesses the same amount of power, and Dana gained her moniker because she has been meddling more with the human world more often.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 09:37   Link #6648
NapoleonDeCheese

Have we seen Dana go up against Eva at her peak, though? Odds are almost complete Dana would still win easily, but so far I think we've only seen Dana interacting with Evangeline during the later's training and then after she's the powered down Yukihime, never during the Ala Rubra-Negima period that would be Eva at her best (when Infernus Scholasticus isn't hampering her anyway).
Old 2018-10-12, 14:58   Link #6649
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Being a little famous in a certain country doesn't mean she's yet achieved the heights we know she will. She proably still hasn't gotten that huge bounty yet, which is likely what makes her truly famous.
As to the bounty, I suspect she's about to get it. So I don't disagree that Eva's about to become notorious.

But Karin appears to have come after Eva due to her reputation. Jinbee is from Japan, but he knew Eva's rep. Ditto the Martian mage. I suspect that Eva's infamous in the European region.
Old 2018-10-13, 02:06   Link #6650
Shippuu
The Insatiable

I don't see how Dana could ever be beaten by anyone considering she's basically using the Second and Fifth Magic simultaneously.

I'm also interested in the fact that Evangeline compared a Noble's power to a Demon King's. Now normally I'd just ignore it as the usual video game language nonsense Japan is so fond of an I've always hated (please stop calling Ialda Last Boss for x's sake), but considering actual demon royalty exists in this setting one has to wonder powerful they are.

Oh, well. Only a matter of years until the Demon World arc.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2018-10-13 at 05:58.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love