AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-24, 09:44   Link #241
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well the only thing i gotten out of this is a release period and confirmation of platform for P5, since P5 was confirmed to be in development quite awhile ago. I thought Atlus would have released for xbox360 as well considering P4A was multi platform but i guess they probably had a deal with Sony or something.

Interesting choice of color used for the teaser though, I'm wondering if they are going to explore a darker theme for P5 as opposed to the more lighthearted P4. Probably going to get some social commentary on school life in japan as well with chained school chairs.
Old 2013-11-24, 09:52   Link #242
Nerroth
NePoi!

Would it be worth having separate threads for P4D and P4Q?

(I set up threads for each over in the Persona social group, for anyone so interested; but I figured it'd be worth asking for this sub-forum.)
Old 2013-11-24, 10:01   Link #243
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just got around reading the news from this place and siliconera damn somehow I feel bad for falling asleep and missed all those rage feelings that you guys felt

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:41   Link #244
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

(I set up threads for each over in the Persona social group, for anyone so interested; but I figured it'd be worth asking for this sub-forum.)
Probably. Ah, man, I kind of wish that there'd be a Megami Tensei subforum.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:46   Link #245
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

Not sure if we have enough discussion for those games yet but I think the mods would be more than ok with them showing up.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:47   Link #246
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I just saw the stream footage (via Youtube) and I was really pleased with the presentation, but some things had me scratching my head. Sucks I missed the thing due to catching a cold and needing to rest, but thankfully I was able to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
My guess, probably a classroom, especially given the kind of chairs ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That would be my guess as well. It's quite clearly a classroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Persona 5 official site now opened:

Link: http://persona5.jp
Well there goes my dreams of seeing a college setting. Unless they have chairs in college or university in Japan. who knows, but it looks like it's back to go old high school it seems. Still doesn't stop me from wanting P5 though. Can't wait to see where they'll go wit this still since the ball and chains attached to the chairs look and sound like this upcoming game will be dark, creepy and cryptic.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:49   Link #247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Unless they have chairs in college or university in Japan.
I lol'd at this
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:54   Link #248
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I lol'd at this
No... "sighs" alright let me word this again. What I was trying to say is that the atmosphere in the picture looks and feels like a traditional Japanese high school classroom. I was wondering if colleges and universities are also like that over there. Don't have to so flippant, you know.
Old 2013-11-24, 11:04   Link #249
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I never had high hopes for the game to go to a college/university setting.

I mean, ultimately this game's core audience are Japanese young gamers, and the high-school setting is something that the core audience is very comfortable with.
It's not like there's a clamor for change in any significant way.

Besides, think of the waifus! They're constraining themselves if they have to write strictly older women. =P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:12   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We've got footage for that shitty dancing game and the 3DS game but not P5 even though it's supposed to come out first? Come on! I'm dying to see what it looks like. I'm expecting the graphics to be at least on Catherine's level.
Old 2013-11-24, 11:18   Link #251
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Winter 2014? As in Q1 or Q4 of 2014?
Old 2013-11-24, 11:27   Link #252
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I guess that's the biggest question
Someone on here said that P3 and P4 only got announced a few months before their releases so maybe it's the same here and we get it Q1 2014. Wouldn't mind that at all
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:31   Link #253
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm betting Q4 2014. If they release it in two months time I'll gladly eat my hat
Old 2013-11-24, 11:40   Link #254
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's Q4 2014. It would be marketing suicide to do a teaser and release a game immediately in two months time considering P5 had zero marketing prior to this unveiling. Granted not unheard of but considering the potential of Persona IP have with gamers, I'm sure Atlus will want to build up some momentum in leads up to it's release.
Old 2013-11-24, 11:54   Link #255
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Can't wait to see where they'll go wit this still since the ball and chains attached to the chairs look and sound like this upcoming game will be dark, creepy and cryptic.
*a false* Yay! Three key words I would rather avoid in my standard RPGs But as always, I'll wait and see. I didn't like P3, but found Persona 4 and Devil Survivor (yeah, not a Persona) fine enough. Unless the vast majority, I don't share 99 % of the fandom-joy and thus can easily wait for let's play videos next year without any urge/finger twiching of pre-ordering .

Anyway, 5 chairs with those steel chain thingies to represent five party members (in the front row)? The aforementioned idea of the main theme being Freedom sounds indeed interesting.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:37   Link #256
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now I guess the wait begins just to find out more about the game itself. Even though it's a year away I hope we can find out more about the main cast and story relatively soon. At least it exists.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:45   Link #257
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Persona Mag is out Dec. 5 or it might feature in upcoming Dengeki/Famitsu.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:58   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
*a false* Yay! Three key words I would rather avoid in my standard RPGs But as always, I'll wait and see. I didn't like P3, but found Persona 4 and Devil Survivor (yeah, not a Persona) fine enough. Unless the vast majority, I don't share 99 % of the fandom-joy and thus can easily wait for let's play videos next year without any urge/finger twiching of pre-ordering .

Anyway, 5 chairs with those steel chain thingies to represent five party members (in the front row)? The aforementioned idea of the main theme being Freedom sounds indeed interesting.
I think a little bit creepy and disturbing is fine, what I hope they would include from P4 is an overarching mystery- doesn't have to be a murder, but something as intriguing...

...Like say maybe a secret cult or something, which then leads to more Persona users vs Persona users ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:03   Link #259
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

P3 didn't even have that much "dark, creepy and cryptic." It was a good balance between some dark and light-hearted stuff. It's why I love it the most.

I don't know if other people thought of it but friend was thinking it represents a high school from psychiatric wards.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:05   Link #260
Key Board
Carbon

I hope the P5 doesn't have a Saw/dangan ronpa like survival story

Those prisoner chains worry me
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei