AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-03, 17:03   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
are any well known fansub groups going to sub this?
by well known groups i mean groups that have been in the "business" for a while
Andrew LB's site says that a.f.k. plans to do it.

I had exactly the same confusion about the cat, but I think...
Spoiler:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the cat keep turning up in various weird situations. At least I hope it does.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-03 at 17:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 17:33   Link #62
CaiSter21

what group is titled, "a.f.k."?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 17:35   Link #63
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
what group is titled, "a.f.k."?
a.f.k is a.f.k...I don't think it stands for anything. If it does, I haven't seen it used in that way.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 17:36   Link #64
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
This one still is not that big quality but a bit better and... complete (I put together 3 sequence )

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/6...hi01mix2nm.gif

and I add a variante of previous one

Awesome! Thank you very much for those.

@Caister21 - I suppose they're just called a.f.k, and If I'm not mistaken, they've been subbing Karin for a while.
Old 2006-04-03, 18:03   Link #65
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Neither do I. Perhaps they are talking about the graininess to show the effect that it was shot through a DV camcorder? That doesn't really mean the sakuga quality. I thought that it was high as with any other Kyo-Ani productions.
Yes, when I said "craptastic visuals", I was referring to the image quality rather than the animation quality. It's quite obvious they made the picture grainy and faded out the colors on purpose when you compare it to the "real anime" at the end. The problem would be with those people who weren't patient enough to watch until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
If anyone has a minute and can answer this:
Spoiler for About the cat:
Thanks.
The cat's name is Shamisen (given by Haruhi). As for the talking thing:
Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 19:15   Link #66
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Thanks everyone for the replies about the cat (Shamisen). Glad I didn't hear that wrong.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-06 at 20:35.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 20:38   Link #67
CaiSter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun
Awesome! Thank you very much for those.

@Caister21 - I suppose they're just called a.f.k, and If I'm not mistaken, they've been subbing Karin for a while.
oh!
ok thanks!
i probably didn't know who they were because i dont watch any of the shows that they sub
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 00:31   Link #68
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for About the cat:
Spoiler:

If you are hoping for more, however, you will be disappointed...

Spoiler for reason why the cat talked:

Spoiler for details:

Spoiler for notes:

Manga first- Thank GOD they remade the manga. I read it a few days ago and I am happy to say the characters finally look right. The major differences between the 2nd manga and the novel is how Kyon gets to know Haruhi and the order of character introduction.

Anime second- I don't know. I read the story; I think they should have made it more "first-time-viewer-friendly". I sort of got bored halfway through the episode ^_^;; .

The ending scene made it all up though XD The look on the characters' faces is priceless.
And I think the narrator(Kyon) should shut up if he doesn't want to get punch XD
Old 2006-04-04, 00:49   Link #69
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
And I think the narrator(Kyon) should shut up if he doesn't want to get punch XD
Are you crazy? The monologues from Kyon is one the best parts of the novel. I think this episode wouldn't have been half as funny as it were without Kyon's constant tsukkomis. I would LOVE it if they would keep Kyon's internal dialogues intact throughout the rest of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun
Thanks Woland! A Friend just found this on 2chan, shame it's low quality.

*ED dance clip*

Moe~ <3~
Actually, I have created an animated gif containing the dance sequences in the ED credit (minus Tsuruya-chan's group, because I forgot ^^; Oh yeah, and I may have gotten some sequences in the wrong order, it was messy), but the file size isn't funny... 14MB at original size... -_-

Ah, for the heck of it.
http://rapidshare.de/files/17166507/Haruhi-77.gif.html

Bonus! AK Mikuru-chan

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-04 at 05:14.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 01:21   Link #70
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Are you crazy? The monologues from Kyon is one the best parts of the novel. I think this episode wouldn't have been half as funny as it were without Kyon's constant tsukkomis. I would LOVE it if they would keep Kyon's internal dialogues intact throughout the rest of the series.
It's a joke XD. Actually the narration was what pulled me though the episode.

Anyway I was always wondering how is the production team going to handle the main character's monologues since the monologues are what hold the story together.

Spoiler for a light spoiler on the main character "Kyon" for those who are interested:
Old 2006-04-04, 08:15   Link #71
DaFool
Resident devil

This is good stuff. It takes a genius team to pull of a good indie parody.

All the bad effects are purposefully done. But when you look at the actual animation quality....note this means keyframes, not just backgrounds...it is godly. I mean, just the girls dancing on the end, omg wow.

Off-topic: How did KyoAni come about? They're a new studio who started only with Munto OVA. How come they can beat the old studios like Tatsunoko and JC Staff?
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 08:31   Link #72
wao
OK.

Actually Kyoto Animation has been around before that, as a contract studio... sort of, from what I remember it first started out as a contract painting studio started by Yoko Hatta, and it expanded from there. I remember their art department did some backgrounds for Turn-A Gundam, and they have done some entire episodes of Inuyasha.
It's essentially self-sufficient, it has all the departments in one place (animation, finishing, composition, 3D, background art...), and they never seem to depend on other studios besides Animation Do (which is their sister studio or studio 2 or something like that anyway) and AniVillage (usually in-between animation, rarely key animation). Perhaps mostly because they're in Kyoto so it's just cheaper and easier for them to do it all in-house, as most of the anime stuff is in Tokyo iirc...

And I guess they're just that good because the staff members feel very united or something. From what I read about them, they're a pretty cheerful bunch and they'll do things because they like it, rather than just seeing it as a job (Although I really cannot attest to the truth of these statements.)

They actually organise animation classes, for amateurs as well as for pros (the pros end up joining Kyoto Animation, if you go look on their page you will see some of the names there are in Air and so on...) They have a similar course for background art as well. They have amateur classes in design and manga stuff as well.

You just get studios like that sometimes... although it's also possible that they've just been really lucky/smart with the production scheduling so that you don't have rush-jobs like other anime.

Now I just wish Kyoto Animation would do something out of the mainstream, I'd like to see what they could accomplish.
Old 2006-04-04, 08:40   Link #73
DaFool
Resident devil

Thanks wao that was very informative. I think being located in Kyoto serves to weed out some competition so that they can actually charge higher for their services and hence maintain their quality. Also like you said with everything being in-house, and with training classes to boot. Generally when the animation studio fosters a unified culture, the artists tend to be loyal and have more incentive to do great work. If not, then they might as well be snatched by the next studio offering higher compensation package. However making artists in-house requires more investment than in keeping them on contractual basis. That's one of the issues my studio is currently tackling.

I'm pretty sure KyoAni will go mainstream one of these days...they probably need to rack up more DVD sales from fanboys before they can get the bigger sponsors.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 09:48   Link #74
wao
OK.

Well, I don't know how it really works out, but I imagine they're pretty much the only studio in Kyoto so if you're in Kyoto Animation and you've lived in Kyoto most of your life... you can't just up and go to another studio unless you move to Tokyo.

Whereas in Tokyo if you get pissed off with the studio and so on you could join one of the numerous other studios in that area.

At least that's what I imagine it to be, anyway...

It seems like they don't utilize any freelance animators either (then again most of them are probably in Tokyo anyway so it's no point unless you specifically want one particular animator's...)

KyoAni's definitely not the only studio with the seniors teaching the juniors though, they do it at Production I.G. and other places too. But AFAIK it's the only one that actually offers animation courses for anyone to join.

They even accepted a girl from New York (I think she's ethnically Japanese - they called her Kyoko, anyway) who applied to do a short internship there as part of her college/university studies (I can't remember which - there's an article on it on AnimationWorld or some online animation mag, just google it).

I almost want to go there myself but... for now maybe I'll try staying on topic

edit: and they're quite well known by fans I believe, that's why they've even got Kanon lined up already and so on... I don't think they'll have any problems.
Old 2006-04-04, 18:46   Link #75
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I did not get the first episode at all. But hey, it has godly animation qualities, and should hold me off until Kanon 2006 comes out.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 01:22   Link #76
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

A.F.K has come out with ep1 for all the shameless leachers on planet earth
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 03:37   Link #77
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
Just watched ep1 from afk
I'm glad that I finally know what they were talking about ^^'
Now I know that with my japanese its better to wait for the fansubs then watching raw, because I understand only about 20% dialogues

Last edited by Deiwos; 2006-04-06 at 11:18.
Deiwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 03:48   Link #78
Sakuya
*Artist

Very funny. I especially liked that live action Sailor Moon parody, especially the jump-over angle and then the fireworks and the teachers. They seriously need to learn how to edit their films afterwards though.

The ED sequence was cool, I especially liked the para para (is it?) sequence the characters danced to the song. If only they'd enlarge that animation...
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 04:55   Link #79
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This is the last time I watch this with my roommate sleeping!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 08:18   Link #80
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

I can only said:Wakewagaranai.(わけわからない)

The sub simply increase the confuesion to a more human explanable level.
Only the narration by Kyon is your "normal" people in episode one.

No one had the balls to anime this story like KyoAni. KyoAni, you are the winner.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen