AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-08-10, 10:33   Link #2501
Galaxian

The first chapter of the KRW manga is out.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 12:45   Link #2502
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ex-aid 43

Freaking final bosses and their multiple forms. Masamune is right, they should have seen this coming.

I was glad Taiga finally got an upgrade (Cronus) and was disappointed five minutes later when he reverted to level 50 Snipe.

2 episodes left, I think? I'm going to be sad to see this one go. I really fell in love with it.
Old 2017-08-24, 16:00   Link #2503
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This show had its way of continuously lulling us into this false sense of security of being this lighthearted show only for there to be this sudden moodshift. To think that this didn't actually get old because every time it was executed pretty well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 17:41   Link #2504
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The return of the level 1 to defeat the final boss in episode 44 was super cool. But of course it's not over yet. Sad about the sacrifices made in this episode, but I suspect they'll be brought back in the end.

Funny that Build made the same mistake as Ghost and mistook Genm for Ex-aid.
Old 2017-08-25, 03:16   Link #2505
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I loved the whole 'only level 1 can separate the bugster from the patient' thing. Excellent use of Chekov's Gun.
Old 2017-08-26, 20:43   Link #2506
The 48th Ronin

Looks like we're getting V-Cinemas for Ex-Aid.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 16:34   Link #2507
justavisitor

Thanks Ex-aid for a great year!! What a wonderful series it is. I believe this is almost the first time that every episode is for the story development. Not one single episode is wasted. Hopefully Toei will take note and pay more attention to the story in the future (who am I kidding ?)

Now, on to build...hopefully it will be another great series
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 17:35   Link #2508
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a nice ending.

Spoiler:

The end of the episode was trying to sell the movie as the true ending taking place after this episode, but is that really the case? I really thought it was an alternate ending.
Old 2017-08-30, 14:54   Link #2509
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not a magical fix-all, but there was hope none the less.

Ex-Aid has been the wildest ride I was on since Gaim. I will remember this show fondly.
Old 2017-09-01, 11:22   Link #2510
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i swear that Masamune & Kuroto do not act like they are father & son to the point of them killing each other without any effects at all, & to an extend Hiiro with his own father who always acts like coworkers 24/7,

on the design side Ex-Aid's Gashacon Breaker is the most underrated main Rider weapon that it's being rarely used again to the point villains & other Riders used it instead, hell people will forget that it's supposed to be Ex-Aid's signature weapon before he threw it away in favor of the Key Slasher, heck at least Brave still uses the Gashacon Sword regardless of whatever new form he's got, & Snipe even when he's not in his Rider form (because his Level 3 & on wards may render his hands unable to use his gun).
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 11:44   Link #2511
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i swear that Masamune & Kuroto do not act like they are father & son to the point of them killing each other without any effects at all, & to an extend Hiiro with his own father who always acts like coworkers 24/7,
Regarding Masamune and Kuroto, you have to consider the history between them. Kuruto used his own father as a scapegoat and let him rot in prison, indicating he didn't have any love for him. We were also shown he really liked his mother and he seems a bit too attached to Poppy. The man has a massive Oedipus complex.

As for Masamune, he's a complete nutcase. He sees people as products, including his son.
Old 2017-09-01, 16:21   Link #2512
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

TL;DR Both of them are crazy.
Old 2017-09-02, 02:00   Link #2513
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
TL;DR Both of them are crazy.
But at least one of them become glorious meme material.
Old 2017-09-03, 13:16   Link #2514
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First episode of Build is already subbed. It was pretty good. The concept has a lot of potential, I hope they won't mess it up. Oh, and the villain is Batman.

Ryuuga's actor was Chihiro's friend in Amazons, right? It took me a while to remember where I had seen him.
Old 2017-09-03, 19:04   Link #2515
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
First episode of Build is already subbed. It was pretty good. The concept has a lot of potential, I hope they won't mess it up. Oh, and the villain is Batman.

Ryuuga's actor was Chihiro's friend in Amazons, right? It took me a while to remember where I had seen him.
I have a tiny feeling that the staff discards the logic a little bit just to keep the plot running, they could improve on some of the scenes, for example:
Spoiler for example:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 11:16   Link #2516
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I have a tiny feeling that the staff discards the logic a little bit just to keep the plot running, they could improve on some of the scenes, for example:
Spoiler for example:
I didn't really take note of the first one since it's so common for superheroes to vanish from their day job, but I definitely felt it was super weird that Ryuuga was able to get on the bike without being shot.
Old 2017-09-04, 12:37   Link #2517
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so anyone just realized that Build isn't the first Rider to use bottles as a henshin item?
if you managed to remember the infamous parody Rider that uses a wine bottle as his gimmick.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 12:16   Link #2518
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The jury's still out on whether I think it's any good. I'm not sure whether or not I actually like the atmosphere. And I feel the joke with the "genius hair" will get very old very fast.

To be fair, I just finished watching Ex-Aid. Them's some big shoes to fill.
Old 2017-09-05, 17:54   Link #2519
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll be happy if it ends up being even half as good as Ex-aid. That's just how good Ex-aid was.

All I can say is that the premise is good at least, I like the idea of three different nations developing inside Japan as a result of the incident, each with their own ideals and agendas. Mystery organization abducting civilians to run experiments on them is far from original but it works.

I also liked that the MC is already an experienced Rider. That hasn't happened since... Wizard, I think?
Old 2017-09-06, 00:19   Link #2520
The 48th Ronin

Finally, Episode 1.

Looks a bit rushed for me. But it is impressive for a pilot episode.

I dig some of the humor. And boy, how did that adult joke passed through?

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu