AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 20:00   Link #581
Archmagination2002

totoum, why don't you just use VisualHub?
It does tranfers everything easily.. I haven't really tried iSquint the free version of VisualHub.

Anyway I wanted to ask about anything special I need to change on my mplayer settings now that I am getting a Intel iMac? I am transferring from a G4.. and I seem to remember needing to do something with Mplayer(I also have that assfontconfig setting on) if you use an intel mac? Sorry but I don't want to go through 30 pages looking for something I vaguely remember as having to do with intel macs.
Old 2008-01-10, 13:31   Link #582
Nonezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Anyway I wanted to ask about anything special I need to change on my mplayer settings now that I am getting a Intel iMac? I am transferring from a G4.. and I seem to remember needing to do something with Mplayer(I also have that assfontconfig setting on) if you use an intel mac? Sorry but I don't want to go through 30 pages looking for something I vaguely remember as having to do with intel macs.
If you are using the Migration Assistant during set-up of the new Mac (with Firewire cable) then I doubt there will be any major issues, but I cannot quote on that from personal experience - When I moved to Leopard I completely blitzed the hard drive and started again (after making backups, of course!)

If you do see any problems, just reinstall the MPlayer package and it'll sort out anything it may have missed. The configuration settings on both the Intel and PPC versions are the same, and have been for many months now!
Old 2008-01-11, 14:45   Link #583
Ryoujin
What?

Is there any way in MPlayer to make subtitles show or load up right away without having to press the button? Maybe something that we could put in the Additional parameters?

Nevermind, seems I had that option written already, just not selected.

Quote:
-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig -framedrop -sid 0
I'm guessing it's the -sid 0 part

Subtitle ID?
Old 2008-01-11, 15:10   Link #584
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoujin View Post
Is there any way in MPlayer to make subtitles show or load up right away without having to press the button? Maybe something that we could put in the Additional parameters?

Nevermind, seems I had that option written already, just not selected.

I'm guessing it's the -sid 0 part

Subtitle ID?
Indeed. -sid 0 tells mplayer to play the first subtitle track (0 is first, 1 is second, etc.).
Old 2008-01-14, 06:54   Link #585
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
It does tranfers everything easily.. I haven't really tried iSquint the free version of VisualHub.
Oh I already do
I was hoping extracting the video would be quicker since converting files can take a while.
Old 2008-01-20, 18:17   Link #586
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
I'm having some issues with MPlayer, that is, it crashes the second I try to play anything on it.

The console cites this as the reason why:
Quote:
Process: mplayer [120]
Path: /Applications/MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_ppc.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
Identifier: mplayer
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: PPC (Native)
Parent Process: MPlayer OSX [118]

Date/Time: 2008-01-20 17:09:43.968 -0600
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.1 (9B21)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libmad.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_ppc.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
Reason: image not found
I also get "error code 5"

Anyone know how I could get it to work?
Old 2008-01-20, 19:23   Link #587
Nonezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
I'm having some issues with MPlayer, that is, it crashes the second I try to play anything on it.

The console cites this as the reason why:

I also get "error code 5"

Anyone know how I could get it to work?
The files you are playing have MP3 audio in them. The link of the front page probably still has a missing library (libmad) in it.

Grab this version of the program and REPLACE the version from the front-page you've already installed. It should cure those problems.

http://www.itsamouse.com/OSX/MPlayer%20OSX.zip
Old 2008-01-24, 12:28   Link #588
voxxchubbs

Thanks to this thread, I was finally able to play all those bazillion animes I'd downloaded on my PC before I had switched to Mac! Thx everyone. However I do have one more question regarding MPlayer. How do I switch between audio tracks? I know how to switch subs, but not audio tracks. Sorry if this has already been covered...
Old 2008-01-24, 17:07   Link #589
Hanxue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxxchubbs View Post
Thanks to this thread, I was finally able to play all those bazillion animes I'd downloaded on my PC before I had switched to Mac! Thx everyone. However I do have one more question regarding MPlayer. How do I switch between audio tracks? I know how to switch subs, but not audio tracks. Sorry if this has already been covered...
From the MPlayer manpage:
Quote:
#
(DVD, MPEG, Matroska, AVI and libavformat only)
Cycle through the available audio tracks.
If that doesn't work, pass -aid <number> (0 for the first track, 1 for the second etc) or -alang <three-letter-language-code> (eng or jpn for example) on the commandline.
Old 2008-01-25, 22:12   Link #590
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonezumi View Post
If you are using the Migration Assistant during set-up of the new Mac (with Firewire cable) then I doubt there will be any major issues, but I cannot quote on that from personal experience - When I moved to Leopard I completely blitzed the hard drive and started again (after making backups, of course!)

If you do see any problems, just reinstall the MPlayer package and it'll sort out anything it may have missed. The configuration settings on both the Intel and PPC versions are the same, and have been for many months now!
When I initially installed Leopard on my Macbook Pro, I had already did a clean install on my Mac Pro. I used the migration assistant to migrate my settings from my Mac Pro to my Macbook Pro during the Leopard install on the MBP. It made quite the mess of things on the MBP. All my documents and some of my apps moved over. Finder was suddenly showing all the normally hidden unix directories. Settings in a bunch of apps just weren't right. Instead of screwing around with it I just did a clean install on the MBP without migrating.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:10   Link #591
Vavali

This might be a weird question, but when I go fullscreen on MPlayer, my top bar doesn't hide, so to me it's not really considered fullscreen... and I can't seem to find a way to make it hide under the video. I tried looking in the preferences, but I couldn't really find anything that looks like what I'm trying to look for.

Incidentally, I wad going to post how I can't watch a single video with Andiyar's custom MPlayer, but when I switched the video output to Quicktime/Quartz, it started to actually work.

So any ideas on how to get the top bar to disappear? Don't know if this is relevant, but I'm on a 17" PowerBook G4.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:36   Link #592
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavali View Post
This might be a weird question, but when I go fullscreen on MPlayer, my top bar doesn't hide, so to me it's not really considered fullscreen... and I can't seem to find a way to make it hide under the video. I tried looking in the preferences, but I couldn't really find anything that looks like what I'm trying to look for.

Incidentally, I wad going to post how I can't watch a single video with Andiyar's custom MPlayer, but when I switched the video output to Quicktime/Quartz, it started to actually work.

So any ideas on how to get the top bar to disappear? Don't know if this is relevant, but I'm on a 17" PowerBook G4.
This probably isn't the issue, but for me if I have my mouse near the top of the screen (where the menu bar would be) then the menu bar is there. If I move the mouse away from there, it disappears. You're not trying to enter fullscreen with your mouse up there, are you?

Are you entering fullscreen using the keyboard command, or mousing over a menu to get to it? If you're not using the keyboard shortcut, try it and see if it makes a difference (shortcut is command F).
Old 2008-01-29, 04:24   Link #593
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavali View Post

I had the same problem. To get the bar to disappear you need to select Mplayer as the video output.
Old 2008-01-29, 04:39   Link #594
Kakashi_333

Can OS X can play the .srt file type in conjunction with .avi's? Wikipedia says it's for Windows. :/
Old 2008-01-29, 06:53   Link #595
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Vavali

The reason the bar is appearing is because you are using Quartz/Quicktime output. Try with the CoreVideo (BETA) output, and it'll disappear

@ iamtetsuo

Sadly, if you're using any version of MacOS X 10.5, the Mplayer video output module no longer functions, at all. It merely crashes the player.

@ Kakashi

Yes, it can. You need to rename the files so that they are identical bar extension - movie1.avi and movie1.srt, for instance. Then, if you open the movie file, and hit the subtitle key (j for MPlayer, s for VLC), it'll activate the subs

Oh, and a brief update for all the people awaiting a new version of MPlayer for PPC - I have a rather sad tale. My trusty PowerBook G4, which has been my primary machine for coming up on to four years now, has finally began to give up the ghost (hard drive failing for the second time, other random hardware behaviour) and so I have begun to make the jump and have ordered new Intel hardware. I am not sure if I will be able to continue to compile the PPC version of MPlayer - I have partial access to a G5 iMac, so it is possible - but at present, it looks like it'll be harder. And with the problems that the MPlayer output module is having with Leopard (here's hoping 10.5.2 fixes it, as it apparently does some nice tweaks to all the Cocoa NSObjectXXX frameworks), releasing a new version at the moment is rather a touchy issue.

I'll try to keep you all informed, when I know more

-Andiyar
Old 2008-02-01, 18:08   Link #596
yutaro

I've been searching forums after forums for an answer to this but haven't been able to find any. I hope you guys can help me out here. Ever since the switch to leopard it seems like MKV + DTS is an impossibility on my mac. Apparently there's a nasty bug preventing me from using my usual workaround with VLC, Mplayer - wow with all the unnofficial builds popping up everywhere I have no idea if this thing supports DTS at all (no offence to the fine build you guys have put together, I use that on a daily basis)-, and as for Perian, well I've heard enough about that 1.1 fix that's supposed to come.

Do I really have to resort to switching to boot camp everytime I want to experience basic DTS in anime these days?

Last edited by yutaro; 2008-02-01 at 18:23.
Old 2008-02-02, 09:19   Link #597
Skyjersey

How about compiling Perian 1.1 beta? It fixed the MKV + AAC issue in leopard. I compiled mine successfully 2 weeks ago, but new SVN builds might cause Xcode to not compile properly. Hope it helps.
Old 2008-02-02, 23:17   Link #598
voxxchubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanxue View Post
From the MPlayer manpage:

If that doesn't work, pass -aid <number> (0 for the first track, 1 for the second etc) or -alang <three-letter-language-code> (eng or jpn for example) on the commandline.
This isn't working for me. I'm not really sure I'm getting this command line stuff right since I haven't really ever used it. I'm opening MPlayer from the command line option within the application package. Then I just normally open the file and try copying in those commands to get the audio tracks to swap (the file is .ogm), but nothing happens. Am I completely missing out on something? Thanks for any help!
Old 2008-02-03, 01:51   Link #599
Skyjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxxchubbs View Post
This isn't working for me. I'm not really sure I'm getting this command line stuff right since I haven't really ever used it. I'm opening MPlayer from the command line option within the application package. Then I just normally open the file and try copying in those commands to get the audio tracks to swap (the file is .ogm), but nothing happens. Am I completely missing out on something? Thanks for any help!
I tried the -alang jpn command, it works if you put it in the MPlayer options from the GUI on the 'Miscellaneous' tab then At the textfield below 'Advanced Settings' (where you put the -ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig -framedrop -sid 0), I tested it on a .mkv file with two languages. Never tried playing files on a command line though.
Old 2008-02-03, 02:54   Link #600
voxxchubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjersey View Post
I tried the -alang jpn command, it works if you put it in the MPlayer options from the GUI on the 'Miscellaneous' tab then At the textfield below 'Advanced Settings' (where you put the -ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig -framedrop -sid 0), I tested it on a .mkv file with two languages. Never tried playing files on a command line though.
Tried all of the above, still didn't work. The only thing it did was remove the softsubs (replacing them with MPlayer's subs) when I wrote another command in the box. Maybe its because my file's an .ogm? Because if it was an MKV it'd be easy, just # and voila.

Tags
fansubs, mac, wiki candidate