AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-06-08, 09:21   Link #21
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the theories people are throwing out there are crazy after this one chapter:

- shanks is really an evil character
- shanks is celestial dragon
- luffy's mom is the one in the frozen chamber looking at the big straw hat
- it's joy boy's hat

etc... exciting time in One Piece
Old 2018-06-08, 09:36   Link #22
grecefar

Sabo is going to sit in that throne just to troll everybody there.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 11:04   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't believe the summary left out the Locks/Rocks pirates. They're obviously the legend the Strawhats will have to face in Wano that Oda spoke of, and Big Mom and Kaidou were most likely part of their crew, like Shanks used to be part of Roger's crew.

Shanks being allowed to meet with the Five Elders does make him more mysterious. The "famous pirate used to be a celestial dragon" plot was already used with Doflamingo though, so I don't think Oda will reuse it for Shanks.
Old 2018-06-08, 11:40   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Not only that, but apparently Garp's involvement with the Locks pirates made him into the hero of the marines. Just makes one wonder what he managed to pull off back in the day.

I'm eager to see the samurai of the Wano country. If Sakazuki is hesitant on sending Kizaru down there, that really tells us how formidable of a nation it is.
Old 2018-06-08, 12:12   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^Not only that, but apparently Garp's involvement with the Locks pirates made him into the hero of the marines. Just makes one wonder what he managed to pull off back in the day.
Yep. Until now, we thought it was the fact he was Roger's equal that made him a legend among the marines, but it turns out he was already considered a hero before Roger's era came.
Old 2018-06-08, 13:11   Link #26
marvelB

Okay, slightly edited the summary once more! Yeah, the earlier spoilers left out that tidbit about the Rock/Lock pirates. Man, these conflicts just getting deeper by the chapter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
Now does anyone think Mjosgard's heel face turn is legit? Because I have this theory he only supported the migration of fishman island, only for him to have easier access to slaves.
While I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Mjosgard shedding crocodile tears for personal gain, I just have to wonder if free access to more slaves is worth creating more friction amongst his fellow world nobles? I really doubt that Charloss' family would be very happy to learn that he ended up getting walloped again, and even Lucci seemed suspicious of Mjosgard's actions. Again, I'm not dismissing the possibility, but I wouldn't be adverse to the idea of Otohime genuinely leading him to redemption, either....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 17:16   Link #27
Rainbowman

This week’s lesson in this chapter: Sometimes it takes a Noble to strike a Noble.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 22:32   Link #28
marvelB

BTW, I just want to point out again that two of the VAs Garp spoke with this chapter were first introduced through the SBS, specifically the ones for volumes 74 and 75! The dark-haired lady is Momousagi (means pink rabbit, but her real name's Gion), who's based on the actress Michiyo Kogure. As for the frog-faced fellow wearing the checkered coat, he's Chaton (or brown pig, though his actual name is Tokikake), who's based on the actor Kiyoshi Atsumi. Interestingly, both these VAs were considered for the admiral position, but were rejected in favor of Fujitora and Ryokugyu. They also made cameo appearances in Film Gold. Now that Oda's made them canon, I really want to see them in action.... if they were considered potential admirals, they must be quite strong, indeed.....

Oh, and here's their SBS pics, for those interested:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^BTW, another fun fact: Chaton asked out Momousagi 100 times and got rejected each time, heh. But one last interesting tidbit to share: Oda originally considered making the two new admirals a "pig" and "kappa" to give them a Journey to the West theme (since there's already Kizaru as the "monkey"). However, in the end he went with a "tiger" and "bull", instead. He says he has his reasons for this decision, but isn't willing to tell just yet.....
Old 2018-06-09, 13:30   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So Shanks, Teach, Kaido and LinLin, were former members of the Roger pirates, Whitebeard pirates, and Rocks pirates, respectively. I agree with Kanon that the legend Oda referred to a while back is most likely Rocks in some way, shape, or form. And as for the certain pirate Shanks wishes to talk about with the gorosei, my money is on either Teach or Rocks.

Amazing world building we've been getting in these past few chapters. Bravo Oda.
Old 2018-06-10, 03:05   Link #30
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I gotta say, this series has been on fire as of late, information after information. I hope we get given more details on the other subplots going on here before moving onto the Wano arc though. That Shanks though, every time he shows up things get crazy around the fandom LOL This time is understandable I mean how is he able to talk to those guys like that? And they said the same thing that was said during the War too, that makes his character even more of a powerful figure to the world. I mean is because he has some sort of hidden past we weren't aware of? Maybe he really as an important figure of the world that even has to have these guys have to back off from him? Ask for who he's talking about, I think it's BlackBeard and there setting up the actual battle between them soon. I refuse to believe he'd betray Luffy, they have always had a close relationship I mean the man was a father to him more than his own dad LOL No way.

Ask for the other revealing facts, I'm scared of this Rock guy who had even the likes of Big Mom and Kaidou under his commands. I hope it's the real deal and not a set up for an up coming film, that'd be crazy. I'm glad Garp's still involved, I was worried that was it for Garp the last chapter so YAY The fact that he was able to do what he did was impressive, no wonder he got that title of his would love an Ova on that but meh.

Can't wait for the next chapter ^

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 12:24   Link #31
marvelB

BTW, I highly doubt that theory about Shanks being a world noble... mainly because I doubt Oda would recycle the same twist he used for Doflamingo so soon after Dressrosa. Also, Shanks said during his meeting with Whitebeard that his homeland was in West Blue, and I see no reason for him to lie about that. My guess is that the Gorousei agreed to meet him because, compared to the other emperors, he's far more reasonable and has an overall better temperament. We certainly can't say the same for Big Mom and Kaidou, from what we've seen of their personalities. And Blackbeard.... is far too unpredictable in general (and is most likely the purpose of this meeting in the first place). So yeah, I'm not counting on Shanks being of royal lineage....