AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-10, 17:05   Link #21
Rion Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSamurai View Post
I am looking for a more mature romance, by mature I mean the characters get into a relationship before the end of the series, and that this relationship grows and changes with the hardships they face. Something that really gets you involved with the characters so that you actually care what happens.
I would also recommend you watch any of the "Memories Off" OVAs if you havent seen them specially "Memories Off 2 OVA". Its a very short anime though, I think only 3 episodes.
Old 2007-11-11, 21:12   Link #22
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon View Post
I think Midori Days is what your looking for. The love relationship starts very early in the anime and gets even better as it gets near the end.
Midori no Hibi is really good but I wouldn't consider that "Mature Romance" ... just the same any KyoAni production (Kanon, Air, Clannad) aren't really mature... but then again it seems your just looking for anything with romance to it... so you might want to check out Shuffle!, Myself; Yourself and ef a tale of memories... one that is really focused on romance tho is Kimikiss pure rogue (and its one of my favorites)
Old 2007-11-11, 21:33   Link #23
and0neballa27

I think youll like Peach Girl...because i was just like you, looking for a good romance story, or a anime that Actually revolved around romance.

The plot of this anime is entirely about the main character's romantic life...not a plot with some romance on the side.

Although the main character is a girl..and at first i didnt like the drawing style..the romance is just way too good.

Ull like it cuz the romance starts from the first ep. all the way to the final ep
Old 2007-11-12, 07:00   Link #24
Valashu

"I am tired of anime where both the characters are too timid to admit that they like each other, and it is only during the last episode that they finally tell each other" If that is the case Fate/stay night isnt what youre looking for. Although i second its an good action anime.
Old 2007-11-12, 18:58   Link #25
EternalDragonWarrior
Haruhiist/Konata Fanboy

Honey and Clover was one of my first romance anime and is still stands as my favourite. It's a masterpiece.
Old 2007-11-12, 23:26   Link #26
kjk8288
Caffein > Sleep

You probably might not like this, but I'll throw it in anyways.

Ai Yori Aoshi and Ai yori aoshi ~enishi~

Yes, i know for a fact this is harem, but the main couple is pretty much already decided from the start so you don't have to worry about the character's too timid to express their feeling or not realizing it until the end. I can't say I liked this much myself, but let's just say this is a much more mature version of
Love Hina. The bad thing about this anime is that the story seemed to drag for a while.
Old 2008-01-24, 18:51   Link #27
MamoruUsagi

Kare First Love
Mars
Wild Act
Paradise Kiss
Kare Kano
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Fushigi Yuugi
Sailor Moon
Bokura ga Ita
Sensual Phrase
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
The Devil Does Exist
Happy Hustle High
Missile Happy!

Kare First Love

Kare First Love is a mature romance about a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship throughout the series. There is kissing, sex, a marriage proposal and a wedding.

Mars

Mars is the most realistic and mature romance series. The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series. The couple gets together at the beginning. There is lots of kissing and sex. The couple has a committed relationship and moves in together. Their is a marriage proposal. Issues like sex, rape and suicide are delved into. There are some break ups, but the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend during the beginning of the series and remain a couple throughout the series.

Paradise Kiss

Paradise Kiss

Bokura ga Ita

Bokura ga Ita is excellent.

Ceres Celestial Legend

Ceres Celestial Legend manga has lots of kissing and sex in hotel rooms.

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi Yugi the manga has a couple that is dating and their relationship is much more mature in the manga. They are a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend during the series. In the first half of the series they break up a lot, but in the second half of the manga which wasn't animated, they have a mature, committed relationship and are engaged to be married.

Fushigi Yugi

The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship. There is lots of kissing and sex and the couple get married twice. There are two marriage proposals and the couple is in a serious relationship.

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon manga has the main couple as boyfriend/girlfriend from the beginning. They are dating and boyfriend and girlfriend and in a mature, deep, committed relationship. They get married, become husband and wife, have a child and have a deep, moving relationship.

Sensual Phrase

The Devil Does Exist

The Devil Does Exist has a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a mature relationship.

Happy Hustle High

The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship. There is lots of kissing and dating and some sex. The couple is in a relationship and dating for a long time. They go on dates, have lots of kissing scenes, have sex and have a relationship as a couple and are dating for a long time.

Wild Act

The couple is dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, having sex and in a serious relationship with lots of kissing.

Sand Chronicles

Mature romance.

Akuma De Sourou

Realistic romance.

Missile Happy!

Couple is engaged, living together.

High School Debut

Couple is dating, in relationship.

Kare Kano

Mature romance series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-26 at 14:31.
Old 2008-01-25, 01:12   Link #28
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Eureka Seven

Granted that my experience in romance anime is fairly limited, I felt this actually had a convincing romance.

Renton's crush on Eureka starts out as being painfully adolescent. Watching his early attempts at romance is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. (You may actually find this funny. I just sort of flinched whenever he was going to do something stupid.) Eureka barely notices that he exists at the beginning of the show. She's not tsundere either. She's not holding back a burning passion for Renton out of embarrassment. The simple fact is that she barely notices him. She doesn't even really feel very much because she fits into the "emotionless girl" trope.

Which works great plot-wise. Renton has been living in a backwater town his whole life and actually running away from home for adventure and "to protect Eureka." He's painfully clumsy, but not "nosebleed" clumsy. He's stupid kid clumsy. He doesn't accidentally walk into a scene where the object of his romance is changing clothes or bathing. He just does genuinely do stupid things because he's a kid that doesn't know any better. You're learning about the setting at precisely the speed Renton does. His relationship with Eureka doesn't really quite take off until he actually gets immersed into some of the conflicts in his world and matures. Eureka herself develops an ever-expanding consciousness and actually becomes increasingly human.

Which personally, I find satisfying. The relationship starts out as a rather one-sided crush and develops into a relationship tested in a baptism of fire. Pretty much because Eureka and Renton have practically done all their growing up in close proximity together. Renton and Eureka are simply lucky that their first crush actually segues into a serious relationship. Although, like many other romances, they're destined to be together, Bones really doesn't use this as an excuse to slack off in writing their story. The payoff at episode 26 (out of 50 episodes), is rather rewarding. And a lot of this works simply because the setting is pretty well fleshed-out.

Also, the visuals are great. There is mecha action and some pre-existing relationships on the side. (Charles and Ray. Talho and Holland. Norb and Sakuya. Anemone and Dominic. Great subplots on their own.) The setting is rather fantastic and fun to see just for the sheer atmosphere it gives off. Of course, since they're going for "epicness," Eureka and Renton's relationship actually becomes increasingly important to the setting.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2008-01-25 at 01:41.
Old 2008-01-25, 02:19   Link #29
d.sinclair

YES maison ikkoku rocks, even though its old. There's something about watching a relationship unfold over 100 episodes that gives a completely different feeling of emotional involvement and satisfaction than shorter series.
Old 2008-01-25, 10:25   Link #30
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

onegai twins ?? i thought its a bit mature but its more comedy . he gets with her early tho
Old 2008-01-25, 10:37   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Strangely enough.... Lovely*Complex meets the OP requirements almost exactly though it involves high school seniors. It is deeply comedy, but at least half the series is what happens *after* the confession. and it concludes well. No harem, just several couples and their travails of learning to be couples.

I may also be recommending Spice and Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou) though the romance angle is subtle - its as good as any of the 'romantic comedy/drama' classic from the Grant/Hepburn cinema period (the REC references). Its only 3 episodes into subbing so its still hard to tell how it will fare.

The others I can think of have already been mentioned.
Old 2008-01-25, 10:50   Link #32
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Have you guys not realized this thread is near/is 3 months old?
That's the reason why I deleted off my post.
Old 2008-01-25, 15:41   Link #33
solidified

ef~a tale of memories~

i thought the relationships were pretty mature.
Old 2008-01-25, 19:20   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Have you guys not realized this thread is near/is 3 months old?
That's the reason why I deleted off my post.
And the information might be useful to OTHER people who have the same sort of question. These are threads, not chatrooms. Sometimes an answer comes months after the question was posed. Threads can be *years* old depending on the information they contain.

I routinely ignore the idiot threads titled, stupidly enough, "Need anime, plz answer" or "gimme suggestion!" This thread actually stated a summary of what was wanted IN THE TITLE LINE. That always gets my attention.
Old 2008-01-27, 06:18   Link #35
NightSamurai

I am still around to check the recommendations, and I appreciate them very much. I have seen/read most of the anime/manga suggested already and still hunger for more.
Old 2008-01-27, 06:46   Link #36
Phantasmagoria
*Author

In fact, I was telling you not to watch Suzuka and Peach Girl.

These 2 anime are not mature at all

I sort of went into a game-forum-mode and decided not to reply old threads

Anyway, it's good to know you're still looking around.
Old 2008-01-29, 00:17   Link #37
ainekaikan

Sensual Phrase is fantastic.
Old 2008-01-29, 10:51   Link #38
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

For some reason, I'm thinking Asatte No Houkou, when I think of this genre. Nodame Cantabile is a classic Screwball Romantic Comedy, but I don't know if it fits in here.

If you don't mind reading manga, both the Suzuka manga and Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō manga (his and her circumstances) blow their anime equivalents out of the water. I like the "Kareshi Kanojo no Jijō" manga best.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:38   Link #39
NightSamurai

Asatte No Houkou shows promise. As for Suzuka, I have seen the anime, which was pretty decent, I remember I really liked the main character, seeing as how he was man enough to confess a few times even though he got shot down, is it worth reading the manga? How much farther does it continue the story?
Old 2008-01-29, 19:49   Link #40
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I don't want to put any spoilers in, but it takes the relationship way farther than the anime left off.
Closed Thread

Tags
mature, romance