AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 22:59   Link #3921
Marina2

The early spoiler should come out soon today. ( I hope so)

This time, I seriously hope that the author won't hide the ability of a character until the very last chapter like in Achiga-hen.
Old 2013-09-22, 23:57   Link #3922
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This time, I seriously hope that the author won't hide the ability of a character until the very last chapter like in Achiga-hen.
What would be the point though? We KNOW that Sukoyan wins, so whatever Hayarin's teammate's ability is, it's not enough to counter Sukoya's mahjong hax. More interested really in not-Kuro's personality and motivations at this point.
Old 2013-09-23, 01:53   Link #3923
Sukhoi
RWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
What would be the point though? We KNOW that Sukoyan wins, so whatever Hayarin's teammate's ability is, it's not enough to counter Sukoya's mahjong hax. More interested really in not-Kuro's personality and motivations at this point.
This.
I'm pretty certain I won't be disappointed because !Sukoyanswins!... Unless they changed the outcome... Hmmm.
I hope Shindouji to advance to final, but I guess no such luck...
Sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 04:25   Link #3924
teja208
Critical fanboy

Of course, Sukoya is undefeatable in Japan. That was written in her pro card. However, "undefeatable" may only cover her own performance but not include her teamates. Like Shiraitodai, I don't expect much from her teamates. Hack, I won't even be surprised if they're all weaklings to compensate Sukoya's overwheming skills.

Actually, more than anything else, I'm looking forward to her abilities. For someone who will eventually became the world second strongest player, I hope her hex is at least as dominating as Teru's match in Achiga.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 05:32   Link #3925
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Of course, Sukoya is undefeatable in Japan. That was written in her pro card. However, "undefeatable" may only cover her own performance but not include her teamates. Like Shiraitodai, I don't expect much from her teamates. Hack, I won't even be surprised if they're all weaklings to compensate Sukoya's overwheming skills.

Actually, more than anything else, I'm looking forward to her abilities. For someone who will eventually became the world second strongest player, I hope her hex is at least as dominating as Teru's match in Achiga.
Even if it is, Sukoyan's sad puppy face should make it a different experience.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 06:03   Link #3926
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Even if it is, Sukoyan's sad puppy face should make it a different experience.
I doubt she will look anything like that in the eyes of her opponents especially coming from Harue. For reference, just look at how monsterous Saki is from her opponents POV.
Old 2013-09-23, 06:48   Link #3927
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I doubt she will look anything like that in the eyes of her opponents especially coming from Harue. For reference, just look at how monsterous Saki is from her opponents POV.
Even when Harue remembers her, Sukoya still has the sad face. It's not like Saki, who looks outright evil to her opponents.
Old 2013-09-23, 09:10   Link #3928
Sukhoi
RWV

Quote:

I dunno, I just want Sukoyan- and her school to an extent to win. Kouko did say that Sukoyan became champion back then (vol 08 extras), I hope it's both Individuals and Teams tournament...
And don't forget, Sukoyan did utterly crushed Akado 10 years ago, and her team lost pretty much because of her, so... Maybe she's taishou... -fingers crossed-

Quote:
Even when Harue remembers her, Sukoya still has the sad face. It's not like Saki, who looks outright evil to her opponents.
This. I wonder why such sad face? Does she already knows she'll win in advance and feels bad for her opponents? So many questions...
Old 2013-09-23, 10:56   Link #3929
raincrow

I don't see it so much as a sad face, but rather more as a nervous person that just got serious/mad. TBH when I first saw her playing (with her Picasso powers in the background), I thought she was like a gloomy/occult person, like someone from the Addams Family XD

Oh, new here btw, hello! I had so much fun reading everyone's posts in this awesome thread!
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 11:21   Link #3930
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
I don't see it so much as a sad face, but rather more as a nervous person that just got serious/mad. TBH when I first saw her playing (with her Picasso powers in the background), I thought she was like a gloomy/occult person, like someone from the Addams Family XD

Oh, new here btw, hello! I had so much fun reading everyone's posts in this awesome thread!
Serious? Yes. She certainly needs more tanoshii in her life.

Mad? No. Why would she be mad when she's facing so many strong opponents. Of course not as strong as her, but still could've give her a decent challenge of a life time. In fact, do we ever see her mad like ever?

Oh and welcome to the forum mhazaru. Hope you have a good time joining our discussion here.
Old 2013-09-23, 12:31   Link #3931
Marina2

I think it's more like Sukoya is the type of person who doesn't show much emotion on her face.
Old 2013-09-23, 12:42   Link #3932
raincrow

Quote:
Serious? Yes. She certainly needs more tanoshii in her life.

Mad? No. Why would she be mad when she's facing so many strong opponents. Of course not as strong as her, but still could've give her a decent challenge of a life time. In fact, do we ever see her mad like ever?

Oh and welcome to the forum mhazaru. Hope you have a good time joining our discussion here.
I think we should ask Kouko about her getting mad, haha...

Hmm, maybe 'mad' isn't the right word for me to use. Gameface (or as best as she can manage one) maybe? Or to go with what Marina2 said, just someone in general who isn't very used to showing emotion, so they might come out a bit awkwardly.

And ty!
Old 2013-09-23, 13:03   Link #3933
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I think we should ask Kouko about her getting mad, haha...
I like you already. Welcome to the thread. Glad to know our ramblings can be found amusing.

Heh, it's probably a blessing Kouko doesn't play mahjong, at least officially. A mad Sukoyan in the table... the horror

Hmm, was that Sukoyan's first time in such a big stage, I wonder. Maybe that's why she looks so sad.
Old 2013-09-23, 16:56   Link #3934
Sukhoi
RWV

Quote:

Well, hi. I'm new too- or not, I'm the occasional lurker since back then in 2011s
I was thinking Sukoyan's occult power is the one that made her kinda awkward and that's her game face, I guess.

Quote:
I like you already. Welcome to the thread. Glad to know our ramblings can be found amusing.

Heh, it's probably a blessing Kouko doesn't play mahjong, at least officially. A mad Sukoyan in the table... the horror

Hmm, was that Sukoyan's first time in such a big stage, I wonder. Maybe that's why she looks so sad.
If Kouko is playing mahjong, I'll feel bad for the other two... on the same table.
Highly likely, since she was- wait, how old was she again- oh, 17? on Shinohayu-verse, which means she's on 2nd grade... and she immediately becomes individual champion.
Teru's the one hyped to be three-time champ, so that might mean Sukoyan didn't play on her first year...
Old 2013-09-23, 18:52   Link #3935
raincrow

Would love to see Kouko play mahjong! That'd make a great Biyori chapter. Or maybe we need a commentator spin off, starring a certain someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
If Kouko is playing mahjong, I'll feel bad for the other two... on the same table.
Highly likely, since she was- wait, how old was she again- oh, 17? on Shinohayu-verse, which means she's on 2nd grade... and she immediately becomes individual champion.
Teru's the one hyped to be three-time champ, so that might mean Sukoyan didn't play on her first year...
That would make Sukoya older than Harue then right? I thought I remember Harue saying that she was the 1st year club president in the anime, or something like that. And, hello
Old 2013-09-23, 19:53   Link #3936
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
That would make Sukoya older than Harue then right? I thought I remember Harue saying that she was the 1st year club president in the anime, or something like that. And, hello
Sukoyan and Harue are the same age, 27. Only Hayarin (28) is older than them.
Old 2013-09-23, 20:11   Link #3937
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sukoyan and Harue are the same age, 27. Only Hayarin (28) is older than them.
I'm pretty sure Harue is younger since she was just a freshman 10yrs ago.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 21:37   Link #3938
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Come on you guys... quit picking on Sukoyan's face... I can see her now like...

Sukoya: Well sorry for being born with this face... so can you guys just let it go already?
Kouko: Yeah, so stop already with Sukoyan's gloomy face comment with Sukoyan's gloomy face.
Sukoya: Why do you have to say "gloomy face" twice?
Kouko: Huh? To make a point?
Sukoya: You're just bad as they are!!!
Kouko: Say the girl with the gloomy face who won the interhigh 20 years ago.
Sukoya: STOP IT WITH THE GLOOMY FACE!! And it's not 20 but 10 years ago!!
Kouko: Huh? Was it?
Sukoya: You're doing this on purpose, right?!!

To be honest, I think Kouko is the only person who can get Sukoya to do her unique expressions... KoukoxSukoya pairing has tarajis' seal of approval...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 21:48   Link #3939
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I can totally see them saying that... you're good, tarajis.
Old 2013-09-23, 22:57   Link #3940
King-Slayer

Looks like spoilers are starting to show up.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri