AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-06-03, 09:50   Link #501
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-This is a cool one: A fan asks how Ace would look if he lived to grow older. Oda obliges with drawings of Ace in his 40s/60s:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Amusingly, the two bottom pics (with the less handsome Ace) represent how he'd look in reality, lol (he even asks Luffy to lend him cash in one of those drawings!).

-And even cooler, Oda does the same for Luffy:

Images

^Note that older Luffy resembles Garp (at least in the top pics), much like how young Garp resembled Luffy. Also, in one of the "reality" drawings, he says, "Pirate King? In your dreams". Er.... wow.
Now if only we could see such drawings for Sabo in his 40s and 60s.

Quote:
-We learn the favorite/least favorite foods of Crocodile and Mr. 1! Crocodile's favorite foods are crocodile meat and tomatoes, but he dislikes ketchup. As for Mr. 1, he likes raw ham, but hates roast pork. Interestingly, Oda adds that the reason why Croc kept all those banana crocs was because he was raising them for their meat!
With Crocodile, I guess he doesn’t like having his tomatoes reduced to a condiment. With Mr. 1/Daz Bones, I’m guessing he thinks that pork (including pulled pork) is too salty. Didn’t know Crocodile was a farmer with those banana crocs.

Quote:
-Someone asks if Nami's cold attitude towards Caesar is something she learned from Robin. Oda responds that that fan should reread Punk Hazard and refresh their memory on how horrible a person Caesar was. He also adds that there's only two types of people Nami are genuinely nice to: Lovely children, and lovely women. On the other hand, her disgust for people like Caesar runs deep.
I hope Nami isn’t too nice to Boa Hancock with her flawed logic (Hancock’s logic, not Nami’s). I happen to see a post on Tumblr on this subject that comments that Nami could possibly be a lesbian. Sure would be nice if that were true.

Quote:
-Oda reveals Smoothie's DF ability! She has the powers of the Shibo Shibo no Mi ("shibo" meaning to squeeze). She's a "dehydration human" who not only squeezes juice out of her targets, but also dehydrates anyone she cuts with her sword! She then adds that moisture to herself, which is how she grows in size and increases her own strength! A powerful one, indeed...
The growing in size is bound to be useful information for the people at Deviantart who have inflation fetishes.

Quote:
-Big Mom's 15th son, Noisette, is the minister of finance (so not all her children have food-related jobs....).
Unless bankers are capable of eating finances. 😏

Quote:
-Katakuri's least favorite food is ramen. Also, apparently he doesn't sleep on a bed, but merely sleeps with his back against a wall.
I’m guessing he finds ramen not as nutritious much like Sanji is with Konjac.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 10:11   Link #502
marvelB

Awesome news, guys: A new data/fanbook is on the way! Here's what we know so far, courtesy of AP's Redon:

Quote:
- Oda and Shueisha staff have been discussing publishing this new Databook/Fanbook for "10 years".
- It will be a completely new type and different book from other Databook/Fanbook.
- Naito (One Piece editor) says this Databook/Fanbook is "never-ending".
Quote:
New One Piece Databook/Fanbook name will be "Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary".

In next issue they will reveal the meaning of the title.

^It's also been confirmed the book will cover the NW arcs up to Whole Cake Island (nothing about the Reverie or Wano yet.... but it's a bit early to feature those arcs, anyway). The book comes out on September 4th, same day as volume 90, so that means we won't have just the SBS to look forward to in a couple of months!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 10:54   Link #503
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder just how thick that book will be, and how exactly it will be different from the others. Anyway, cool news.
Old 2018-09-04, 00:58   Link #504
marvelB

Hey guys, volume 90 is here, so it's SBS time! This time around, rather than summarize the relevant info, I thought I'd direct you to this page, where a poster from AP called Artur has compiled everything! Particular highlights for me include:

-Future Sabo (I actually prefer his "bad" future designs over the "good" ones (40 year-old Sabo is practically a Rayleigh clone, heh ))

-Hinting that Shakky (Rayleigh's lady friend at Sabaody) may be related to the Rocks/Rox Pirates

-Confirmation that Chopper is in love with that mink girl, Milky

-More of the Charlotte family introduced, as well as the reveal of Mont d'Or and Opera's DF abilities. There's also that rather disturbing info of Big Mom abducting her husbands and throwing them away after doing the deed....

-Flaming Atchan, who previously took bounty photos for the marines, now works for Morgans

-Hypothetical children of Crocodile, Mihawk, and Doflamingo (really hope Oda does this for more characters!)

-And of course, the usual round of dirty jokes (my personal fave being Oda's claim that no hat would be able to conceal his member, lol )

^Yes, this was a fun SBS indeed! Now, then, as I also mentioned a couple posts back, a new fan/databook, known as Vivre Card, was also released at the same time as the new volume. It must be noted that this databook is very unique compared to the past ones: Because you see, it's not really so much a proper book as it is a collection of cards, which contains info on characters from throughout the series. Furthermore, the cards come in packs, which are released monthly, I believe (with the starter pack being included with the book). Here's a few images so you can get a better idea of what this book is about:

Images
Vivre Card

^Well, as you can see, the constant release of new cards indeed proves that this databook will be "never-ending". And the book itself can be arranged to the owner's liking, which is pretty neat! Now to wait and see if we'll get anything particularly juicy from those cards.....
Old 2018-09-04, 10:52   Link #505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, so Vivre card is that kind of "book". That's actually pretty neat.
Old 2018-09-05, 01:07   Link #506
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Did Oda already discuss how the comic relief is made? Maybe like did he made Zoro vs Sanji on purpose or demanded by his fans and such?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 14:16   Link #507
Rainbowman

Like the look of future Sabo. As for Big Mom’s husband selection, almost reminds me of a hentai title: Boku wa Papa Nanka ja nai (Translation: I’m Not the Father). Kudos to anyone who can tell me where that story takes place as well as why the main female character wanted to be pregnant.
Old 2018-09-08, 12:19   Link #508
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
As for Big Mom’s husband selection, almost reminds me of a hentai title
I looked the title up and read it out of curiosity and... let's just say I wished I hadn't.

At least Big Mom herself doesn't stoop that low.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-09, 14:37   Link #509
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
I looked the title up and read it out of curiosity and... let's just say I wished I hadn't.

At least Big Mom herself doesn't stoop that low.
In terms of pregnant lust, it’s possible that Big Mom would stoop that low off panel (off screen in anime terms) with the smaller races. If that wasn’t the low you were thinking of, please feel free to correct me.
Old 2018-09-11, 15:51   Link #510
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
In terms of pregnant lust, it’s possible that Big Mom would stoop that low off panel (off screen in anime terms) with the smaller races. If that wasn’t the low you were thinking of, please feel free to correct me.
As in with children younger than eighteen, which was the low I figured Big Mom wouldn't stoop to. At least that hentai had a sort-of happy ending.

And I honestly wouldn't have expected speculation of Shakky possibly having been involved with the Rocks/Rox Pirates, though I doubt she would've been anywhere near as bad as Big Mom or Kaidou. Why do I get the feeling those pirates (Rocks), in particular, were the same ones that killed Brook and his crew when he was alive? The time frame looks off by about 10 years, but it seems plausible.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:46   Link #511
Ramero

Shakky by then is not a pirate is it? She state that she's a pirate 40 years ago but most likely Shakky have the journal of those pirates and obtain every information from it. Journal log is important such as Nami's island log and wave current which can tell where the Straw Hats travelled.

Most likely Rocks/Rox Pirates are active over ten years and if that happen it makes sense that Shakky may know about Rumbar through Ship's log.
Old 2018-09-11, 21:35   Link #512
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
As in with children younger than eighteen, which was the low I figured Big Mom wouldn't stoop to. At least that hentai had a sort-of happy ending.
A good thing Oda would not want Big Mom to stoop that low. Of course there’s the chance someone would use the Rule 34/35 trope to make that happen. Just saying.
Old 2018-12-03, 13:27   Link #513
marvelB

That time is upon us once again! Volume 91 releases this week, and with it, comes a new SBS! Credit goes to AP's Redon for compiling the info:

-Law's reaction to seeing a robot:

-A reader found it curious that Hina (who's confirmed to be a Rear Admiral, BTW) addresses Garp with the "-kun" honorific. Oda answers that Hina doesn't address all her superiors that way, and as Garp isn't the type to care about rank when being with friends, gets along pretty well with her. In fact, he feels they joined the marines at the same time, though this obviously isn't the case (note that Garp's age is 78, while Hina is 34).

-Another of Big Mom's offspring is confirmed to be a DF user: 18th daughter Charlotte Galette is confirmed to have the power of the Bata Bata no Mi (or Butter Butter fruit), a fitting power for the Minister of Butter. She even used her ability to trap Nami at one point.

-We get a little extra info on the 4 commanders of the RA:

Quote:
Karasu:
Hobby: Volunteering
Favorite food: Weiner
Food he dislikes: All the chicken dishes

Lindbergh:
Hobby: Board game
Favorite food: Hamburger
Food he dislikes: Cookies

Belo Betty:
Hobby: Growing vegetables at home
Favorite food: Almond
Food she dislikes: Mayonnaise

Morley:
Hobby: Karaoke, taking a walk in the earth
Favorite food: Bagna cÃ*uda
Food he/she dislikes: Fish
-Here's 40/60 year old Zoro:

Images

-Someone asks if the Pangaea castle from Mariejois can be considered the One Piece, since the real-life supercontinent had all of Earth's lands connected together in "one piece", so to speak. Naturally, Oda declines to answer this question...

-Morley of the RA commanders is confirmed to have the powers of the Oshi Oshi no Mi (or Push Push Fruit), which can be used to push and break apart things, which is how he/she can easily dig underground. Furthermore, Oda confirms that Morley was the one who dug up Level 5.5 in Impel Down! Over 100 years ago, Morley was a pirate who was arrested and imprisoned in ID, but used his/her power to tunnel through the prison and escape without anyone ever finding out, but apparently still got involved in some sort of incident. Interestingly, it's revealed that Morley is actually a recent recruit of the RA, and got along with Ivankov before the Okama King/Queen got sent to the prison himself. Curiously, despite turning Level 5.5 into an okama paradise, Iva is unaware that Morley was the one who dug up that level in the first place....

Oh, and it also turns out that our giant okama friend is 160 years old.... the same age as the giant pirate captains, Dorry and Brogy. However, it's still unknown whether or not Morley is from Elbaf, of has any connections to its pirates.....

That's it for now! Until the next SBS!
Old 2018-12-03, 14:07   Link #514
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Some really nice info here. I didn't expect Ivankov to be that old!

Does Oda always decline to answer questions about what One Piece is? I find it a bit suspicious he didn't just say that wasn't it.
Old 2018-12-03, 14:13   Link #515
Rainbowman

The Butter Butter Fruit and the Push Push Fruit were the main highlights for the volume 91 SBS corner.
Old 2018-12-03, 21:59   Link #516
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Some really nice info here. I didn't expect Ivankov to be that old!
Pretty sure you mean Morley, what with him being a giant okama and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Does Oda always decline to answer questions about what One Piece is? I find it a bit suspicious he didn't just say that wasn't it.
I wouldn't doubt that he gets thousands of fan letters asking that very question every year, but I do also find it curious that he chose to publish this specific instance in the SBS. It's most likely due to Mariejois having a strong connection to the treasure in question (that giant straw hat sure comes to mind)....
Old 2018-12-04, 11:43   Link #517
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Pretty sure you mean Morley, what with him being a giant okama and all.

I wouldn't doubt that he gets thousands of fan letters asking that very question every year, but I do also find it curious that he chose to publish this specific instance in the SBS. It's most likely due to Mariejois having a strong connection to the treasure in question (that giant straw hat sure comes to mind)....
Uh yes, giant mistake here!

Maybe you're right about that question, or he could be trying to mislead us. It's an interesting idea anyway. I hadn't made the connection at all.
Old 2018-12-04, 12:16   Link #518
Ramero

There is something that makes me curious though. Shakky remains her youth even her age is probably around 60 or 70. I wonder though if Kureha is also involved in the eternal youth recipe. Since now we got at least three characters that aged more than standard age (Which is around 80), i wonder how they got their secrets of their youth.

Kureha is still powerful as ever even now she's 140 (Even Sanji was put to submission due to his back pain XD)
Old 2019-01-24, 18:32   Link #519
marvelB

Hey, guys! For a while I've been itching to post all the interesting info from the Vivre Card databook, but with the way new info is released (new sets of card packs early every month), it felt like a potentially overwhelming task for me. Well thankfully, I came across a site that handles that very task in question! So without further ado, here are the new bits of info from the First, Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth volumes of Vivre Card! Lots of neat info to be found here, too (which I don't have time to comment on at the moment, unfortunately). The next volume comes out on February 4th, so I'll be sure to post the new info when it's out!

Secondly, looks like we've got some hints regarding the Yonkou's bounties! Long story short, it looks like all of them are worth over 2 billion (nothing concrete was revealed, though). It's also confirmed that Shanks indeed lacks a DF ability, and his apparent connection to the Gorosei (aka Five Elders) is pointed out, as well.....

Lastly..... Oda had a recent TV interview, which also reveals lots of interesting stuff. Here's a quote from AP member Starrk, who compiled all the info:

Quote:
information from u/TashigiTaisa (one piece reddit)

Quote:
I watched a stream of the TV show ホンマでっか!? where they visited Oda’s house and interviewed him (his face was always covered by a Luffy picture). It was recorded a month ago. Here’s what was revealed about Oda and One Piece:

-Oda’s workplace is attached to his house
-Oda has about 10 assistants
-When he’s concentrated working, he needs total silence and doesn’t even speak
-He said the One Piece is not going to be about “family”, or something that the Strawhats will “find inside themselves” like the end of the Wizard of Oz. Meaning it’s gonna be a real reward (he had already said this in an interview years ago)
-They ask him if Ace is ever coming back to life and he says no
-Oda has the end of One Piece already in mind
-He said One Piece will be over 100 volumes
-Oda sleeps from 9 to 12 in the morning. His staff sleeps from 5 to 12 in the morning.
-If someone predicted the end of One Piece, would he change it? Yes, he would.
-He was planning to do Amazon Lily later in the story, but then decided to do it earlier before his daughter went to school (I understood it's so that she would avoid pervy comments but I'm not 100% sure)

They also showed all the crazy stuff he has in his house, like the shark toilet and the crane machine. Hopefully someone will upload it on YT soon.
EDIT: Oda's name and the name of the TV show are now the top Twitter trends worldwide! A lot of people were watching this!

===========

Additional info from u/EtenBoby
Spoiler:

and
Spoiler:

=========

additional info from u/SKR47CH

Spoiler:
^Once again, very interesting stuff (I'm particularly fascinated by that tidbit about Amazon Lily originally being intended for later in the story and him changing the ending depending on fan predictions). Still a bit concerned about his rest hours, though. Well, that's why he has those breaks, I suppose. Anyway, that's all for now!
Old 2019-01-24, 19:09   Link #520
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit bothered by the fact he would change the ending if someone guessed it. I think it's important for an author not to let himself be influenced by his readers and to stick to his own ideas.