AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 13:51   Link #41
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Wait, what happened to Deidara anyway?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 14:18   Link #42
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
true, but what else can they do here ? talk-no-jutsu doesn't work anymore, does someone there know how to seal souls ?

Wonder if zombies chakra can be sealed .. also - they have limitless chakra now ? Or they can exhaust it ? It was said that they regenerate endlessly (unlike, say, Homunculi, in FMA), but that would need endless chakra too, no ? Kinda of an asspull

soo ALL of the zombies chakra (which they use for their jutsus, and, I presume, regen) comes from Kabuto alone ? really ? WOW, the bijuu have nothing on him then
The stipulation for ending the jutsu is separating the soul from the body. "Talking" them down was just a way to make the Zombie do it to itself. It would be really ridiculous if no ninja in the entire united ninja army had a jutsu that could be useful. Not to mention Kakashi sealed Diedara's full body explosion with his MS. If they were immobilized (and in one spot) then he could theoretically seal them away(not accounting for poor plot).

Finally I doubt that Kabuto is using his own chakra to support the Zombies as he said there were "No Drawbacks" to the jutsu. Having to support multiple high level bloodlimit using ninja with one person's chakra seems like a pretty big drawback to me. What seems more likely is that he's using his chakra to exert control over their minds, which isn't mandatory for the jutsu to function in the event of his death. A good plot twist would be that suppressing their minds too much would be just as bad as not suppressing it enough in some way.
Old 2010-12-26, 14:36   Link #43
Kallen4life

Well, how many jutsu do we even know that deal with the soul ?
- Edo Tensei
- Minato's Death God thing
- Orochimaru's body-snatching + soul-transfer
- Pein's ripping the soul during that interrogation thing with the King of Hell eating it
- maybe Itachi's sealing of the soul via Totsuka sword
.. all done by kage-level people
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 14:39   Link #44
Rahan

You guys are making the situation way more serious than it is.

Kakashi's division is not in trouble yet.
In 521, Chuukichi was fetching the bosses for their division battle. Chiyo is for Sakura, so her teammates are for Kakashi's division (Hanzou for Kakashi, Kimimaro for Juugo most likely since he'll join the fray due to Suigetsu's obsession for Zabuza's sword)

Which means Kakashi and Sakura at the very least will remain unscratched by those swordsmen.

You know how those shonen go anyways. Kabuto was the first one to power up (as soon as Kakashi said he knew what to do, Kabuto used more zombies) so he cannot win this battle. Kakashi still has more than 10000 red shirts to use anyways.

Oh, and Kabuto intends to not dehumanize Itachi and Nagato even though Zabuza and Haku were still struggling with a stronger bind.
After Kabuto's arrogance last chapter (no drawback at all, becoming more famous than Madara) and the fact we know Naruto won't even bother with Kabuto before he fights Sasuke (and Sasuke won't either since it's unlikely he'll fight Kabuto before Naruto), I guess one of those two zombies will kill him.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 14:53   Link #45
Fran~
floating away...

Kakashi's division is made of Mid and Short range ninjas, plus Kankuro's Ambush Party (Kankuro, Omoi, Sai, Ittan).

To me, despite the 7 swordsmen plus Haku, Gari and Pakura, Kakashi and Kankuro's group gather enough power to face the battle, besides they have the plot at their side.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:04   Link #46
Kallen4life

I would sooooo love for Itachi to kill Kabuto .. it makes sense, since Itachi is quite likely his strongest zombie atm (remember, not a single Hokage can be ressed and neither is Jiraiya (so far) .. pretty much the only other candidate is Pein, but he only has his frail Nagato body so far which Kakuzu lunges around .. also, Itachi's two big weaknesses were the illness and the detiorating MS .. regen, presumably, solves those) + his force of will should be sufficient to pull something like that off

besides, killing Kabuto would sorta finish the job of finishing off Orochimaru for good too
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-26, 15:17   Link #47
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
I would sooooo love for Itachi to kill Kabuto .. it makes sense, since Itachi is quite likely his strongest zombie atm (remember, not a single Hokage can be ressed and neither is Jiraiya (so far) .. pretty much the only other candidate is Pein, but he only has his frail Nagato body so far which Kakuzu lunges around .. also, Itachi's two big weaknesses were the illness and the detiorating MS .. regen, presumably, solves those) + his force of will should be sufficient to pull something like that off

besides, killing Kabuto would sorta finish the job of finishing off Orochimaru for good too
I seriously doubt that Kabuto would be killed by one of his zombies considering he knows where they are and how under control they are without looking. Not to mention the fact that they are there because of his jutsu so he should be able to cancel it.(and the fact that being killed by your own jutsu would be a drawback)

Also why is Nagato's body frail? Sasori had his whole real body even thou he was a puppet core when he died, and both Nagato and Itachi have their eyes even thou they were taken. This would be a good chance to see what rinnengan would function like with one body instead of 6.

Lastly why would Kabuto fight with anyone? We know he's after the sage's secrets, but that wouldn't give him a reason to fight with Naruto or Sasuke. So far his only real goal seems to be to backstab Madara and take the knowledge/resources he accumulated.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:22   Link #48
Kallen4life

Quote:
Also why is Nagato's body frail
dunno, seemed that way in the chapter

Quote:
I seriously doubt that Kabuto would be killed by one of his zombies considering he knows where they are and how under control they are without looking. Not to mention the fact that they are there because of his jutsu so he should be able to cancel it.
Kishi always finds a way .. though I doubt it'll happen

Quote:
This would be a good chance to see what rinnengan would function like with one body instead of 6.
probably mostly similar to Deva Path

Quote:
Lastly why would Kabuto fight with anyone?
they will come to him .. also, maybe he has/had the hots for Orochi and wants revenge on Sasuke for betraying & killing his master
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-26, 15:34   Link #49
Zek
Eyebrows...

This is so ridiculous, even by Naruto standards... Bringing back every ninja that's ever been seen in the series isn't enough for Kishi, now he's also bringing back every ninja that's even been alluded to?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 15:39   Link #50
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

I may have said this before but Kabutomaru's is the best thing happening in this story so far. I really hope he has a good reason for sticking to Madara like he is. It's already amazing that Kabuto was able to figure out Madara was alive when most of akatsuki and the other Sanin didn't know. I could see him going after Sasuke's eyes, but I can't see Kabuto trying to participate in a straight up fight. If he tries to take out Sasuke without securing all the secrets (that apparently only the Rinnengan can read) he still has to deal with Madara. Why he doesn't just have zombie Pein read it for him is a bit of a question, but war makes delays understandable.

On a bit of a side note I've watched some old naruto eppisodes and even the ones at the beginning of shippuden before sage mode, and Naruto's progress post timeskip gets really random! First he's focused on more in depth kagebushin and rasengan evolution, and they even compare his battle intelegence to shikamaru and Kakashi(kakuzu fight). Then they change how rasengan AND rasenshiruken work and give him sage mode limiting 9 tails and bushins. Now they are trying to make use of the 9 tails chakra and a new rasengan bullet/bomb while cutting Bushins, Sage mode, AND Kyuubi mode(time limit). Its cool that he's getting 1 shot powerhouse moves, but his stamina was his strong point and the part that made the battles interesting.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:58   Link #51
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

What if Nagato is just skinny to begin with, not being frail?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 16:13   Link #52
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I may have said this before but Kabutomaru's is the best thing happening in this story so far.
For Kishi probably. He is just dragging the milk cow. For the reader, of course not.

Quote:
I really hope he has a good reason for sticking to Madara like he is. It's already amazing that Kabuto was able to figure out Madara was alive when most of akatsuki and the other Sanin didn't know. I could see him going after Sasuke's eyes, but I can't see Kabuto trying to participate in a straight up fight. If he tries to take out Sasuke without securing all the secrets (that apparently only the Rinnengan can read) he still has to deal with Madara. Why he doesn't just have zombie Pein read it for him is a bit of a question, but war makes delays understandable.
You are aware that "Rikudou's secrets" it the part 2 way of putting Orochimaru's goal (discovering all the ninjutsu) to make it look like Orochimaru had plans concerning Rinnegan / Rikudo and was not just a dumbass obsessed over sharingan ?

There is absolutely nothing to Kabuto.

He is just there to give secondary characters some panel appearance. But since there are too many, Kishi can't give them any development. Kankurou is just as we knew he would be after the Kage summit and Sai and Omoi are just as undeveloped as they were. And I am not talking about the Shin's fiasco)
And as if there weren't already too many zombies, Kishi add to add 6 more. Of course, it doesn't really matter, since, as it was shown the last 5 chapters, the zombies barely ever attack the important characters (those we knew of before the war) and are just there to show off one or two jutsus against the redshirts. (it will only be zombie attacks redshirt => Focused on secondary character destroys or stops zombie in one or two moves => next zombie)

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-12-26 at 16:28.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 16:48   Link #53
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Also why is Nagato's body frail
Kakuzu also has his stitches. Chances are, it reverts them to their last "full" body. Not necessarily their peak or final one before death.

Quote:
What if Nagato is just skinny to begin with, not being frail?
He was normal until he merged with Madara's summon.

I wonder if Nagato can still summon Gedo Mazo and kill Kabuto's zombies that way?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:00   Link #54
Kallen4life

Quote:
He was normal until he merged with Madara's summon.
you mean the many-eyed Statue thing ? that's his summon, not Madara's .. though it's still sround in the akatsuki bat-cave, but Madara needs Sasuke to synch with it

Quote:
Nagato can still summon Gedo Mazo and kill Kabuto's zombies that way
good point, it eats souls .. though it's currently holding 7/9 bijuu, maybe it can't be used while they're in there
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-26, 18:34   Link #55
Ero-Senn1n

So far Madara looks pathetic, since his Zetsu army didnt do shit yet, it's all about Kabuto vs the whole world right now. I hope the zetsu-army will kick asses too, otherwise Madara will look like a loser again. I mean Madara wanted to fight this war alone and didn't count with Kabuto when he planned all this, so either he is an idiot who completely underestimates the enemy or we didn't see the real strength of the zetsus yet, or his plan with the Zetsus was just a diversion and he plans to strike on the headquaters with black-zetsu, Sasuke and himself using the rinnegan.

I think there's no chance that Kakashi will use the Kamui since he is the general of a large army so he can't just put himself into a coma again, without the commander there would be chaos. Also such a focused jutsu cannot be used on such a large number of enemies, that is a jutsu that's good against one super strong guy and not against a huge army of regenerating zombies and zetsu-clones (i guess zetsu clones can regenerate and suck chakra too, since they did it at the kage meeting too).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:39   Link #56
Kallen4life

Madara still has the 7 bijuu, they're not supposed to be disturbed, but Kishi will forget that
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-12-26, 19:24   Link #57
Fran~
floating away...

I think that Kishi will leave Madara aside for a while and he will be focused in all the battles that Kabuto will provide.
Old 2010-12-26, 19:48   Link #58
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Kabuto is going to end up frying his own brain trying to control all these zombies.

Trying to kill two birds with one stone by just adding the Seven Swordsmen into this arc (and telling their story in 2 panels) just because he knows he has to tie up that loose end before he ends Naruto and he just wants to finish it is a terrible idea. They need their own arc. One that isn't in the midst of all this craziness with the world at stake.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:54   Link #59
naruske

Quote:
Madara still has the 7 bijuu, they're not supposed to be disturbed, but Kishi will forget that
didn't madara use the powers of the 7 bijuu to make the 100,000 zetsu's?
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 00:58   Link #60
antjluc

So its the previous Seven Swordsman so i guess Kisame was part of a new group along with Raiga huh?
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion