AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-13, 07:36   Link #6921
Waxman

No, they are more powerfull not more strong, like Hattori is more powerfull than Tatsuya (if you discount his secret magics). And even so, the less powerfull win their duel.
Other example, remember the thesis competition when the alliance forces started their attack, the "powerfull" Shizuku and Honoka left Tatsuya, Miyuki, Erika and Mikihiko deal with the attackers when they left tha presentation area.
About Erika speed, it was mentioned many times that not only her movement magics but also her natural reflexes and reactions added to her skill with the sword make her (in close cuart combat) second only to Tatsuya and a few first course student that close the gap with magic (Sawaki, maybe Tomitsuka), among their high schooler companions.
Now, about the females that yet have not graduated, the most powerfull is likely A-chan, but in my opinion the strongest its between Erika and Kanon.
Old 2013-10-13, 09:06   Link #6922
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Eh? Where'd you get that Erika is the fastest in the series?

It was always Miyuki the strongest, even among the boys, the only one that could possibly win against Miyuki was Juumonji.
Its been stated that Erika's martial arts are top notch, second only to Tatsuya....
Vol.9
Quote:
Erika automatically activated Personal Acceleration Magic.

Her body achieved a degree of motion that surpassed common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
When did she become the fastest? She has that Orochimaru attack, but in terms of personal acceleration I don't remember anyone noting her to be particularly fast.

Also, unless she has Orochimaru, and maybe even then, both Shizuka and Honoka are "stronger" than her.
a person who can catch up to a Pseudo-teleport isnt considered fast?? the only people that those thing doesnt work are Tatsuya ES...other than him even Lina get a hard time dealing with that!....beside in magic battle i think Lina, Erika and Miyuki are on par....well all their fights ending up in Tatsuya's saving grace(or rather Tatsuya preventing both parties to be killed)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-10-13, 10:26   Link #6923
blackwhite67
Banned

Man. You can barely tell the difference between the character designs and the novel illustrations. This is good.
Old 2013-10-13, 11:10   Link #6924
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
more pics and interesting news
credited by Mattdamon from Jcafe24
Well asides from Dengeki Bunko I actually liked BookWalker better since they have a larger library than just 1 publisher and I do think it also has an Android App
Old 2013-10-13, 13:15   Link #6925
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Its been stated that Erika's martial arts are top notch, second only to Tatsuya....
Vol.9

a person who can catch up to a Pseudo-teleport isnt considered fast?? the only people that those thing doesnt work are Tatsuya ES...other than him even Lina get a hard time dealing with that!....beside in magic battle i think Lina, Erika and Miyuki are on par....well all their fights ending up in Tatsuya's saving grace(or rather Tatsuya preventing both parties to be killed)
Ahahahahahahaha............no. Erika wouldn't last three seconds against either of them. As in, the battle would literally be over in less than three seconds. There is no way Erika could activate her magic under their interference strength, and both of them have far faster Activation speeds anyway.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:53   Link #6926
Sylux

Quote:
Quote:
Vol.9
Do you know which chapter?
Old 2013-10-13, 14:28   Link #6927
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Vol.9
The series mentioned a person called "master" by Tatsuya. Yanagi it seems. From a part of volume 8, he's superior to Tatsuya in Martial art.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:41   Link #6928
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
The series mentioned a person called "master" by Tatsuya. Yanagi it seems. From a part of volume 8, he's superior to Tatsuya in Martial art.
I believe you mean this part:
Quote:
"Merely being a Yotsuba Guardian isn’t anything special. My own conceit was abruptly brought to a close by Yanagi-san, and I’m still unable to win against my master yet."
The master he's talking about is Kokonoe Yakumo.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:55   Link #6929
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I believe you mean this part:

The master he's talking about is Kokonoe Yakumo.
Oh my bad.
Old 2013-10-13, 15:29   Link #6930
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Every magician using Accelerating speed magic surpasses common sence..... Naotsugu (Erika's brother) is much faster than she is. And please, show me where it says that Erika is only second to Tatsuya.....

Quote:
Prevented Both parties from being killed? Please, read their fights again.

Erika is strong? Yes, she is, very strong. But nowhere near the level of Lina and Miyuki.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:13   Link #6931
Sylux

How far can does Tats decomposition works under the influence of cast jamming?
Old 2013-10-13, 16:23   Link #6932
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

The protagonist is the strongest and most talented.
His sister supposes to be the second strongest save to him.

They see, they fight, they win.

The series turns boring after 10 volumes.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:33   Link #6933
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
The protagonist is the strongest and most talented.
His sister supposes to be the second strongest save to him.

They see, they fight, they win.

The series turns boring after 10 volumes.
Okay? Well, I guess I won't be seeing you around these parts then? (trolololol, much?)

That said, addressing his comments, the issue about "power" and "strength" is not as simple as you make it out to be. A strong individual still can't resolve all issues by themselves.

No matter how strong an individual is, they can't be at multiple places at once, which is why you have to cultivate your network, collect allies and strengthen your influence .. all things which a plot can easily be built around.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:43   Link #6934
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
What overhaul in rules was there? Was it because of his software skills last year, or the tampering of the CADs by a mole last year, or what?
I only posted a blurb, and the author is not going to infodump all the changes and the reasons for them there

Though the blurb confirmed Tatsuya will be competing in the new obstacle course cross country event.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:47   Link #6935
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I only posted a blurb, and the author is not going to infodump all the changes and the reasons for them there

Though the blurb confirmed Tatsuya will be competing in the new obstacle course cross country event.
If this new event really is a race across an obstacle course, then Tatsuya might very well be the man for the job. Such an event emphasizes efficient and effective use of magic instead of strong magic. Furthermore, that Tatsuya was chosen to participate must also mean that interference, at least direct, against other players is forbidden.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:30   Link #6936
Jirachier

I was wondering, what does the vol12 cover exactly ? does it contain all the individual chapters that were being released every month or just some of them, if it's just some then where does it stop ?
Old 2013-10-13, 18:34   Link #6937
Waxman

From what i understand, one of the if not the most powerfull female student magician after Miyuki is Nakajou Azusa (now that Mari and Mayumi graduated), and yet no one consider her the stronger, same with Honoka.
Yeah, Lina beat Erika but not after receiving a hit, and afterward she mentioned that Erika was strong.
Her brothers faster than her? There is a misunderstanding, Erika speed is not limited at her movement or speed magic, like her streng don't come precicely from the magic but rather swordmanship.
I would read again the part translated from vol 11 chapter 16 but i didn't get the impresion of Naotsugu beign faster, it was mentioned his skill let him attack without wasting movements, almost by surprise and yet she blocked it because of her speed or reflexes.

About the race, i believe combat is a given, even if its not between competitors, i suppose there will be lots of visual interference that will allow this "misterious interference" to ambush the racers. Oh poor helpless Tatsuya what will he do?
Old 2013-10-13, 19:03   Link #6938
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I was wondering, what does the vol12 cover exactly ? does it contain all the individual chapters that were being released every month or just some of them, if it's just some then where does it stop ?
If it follows the regular 2 volumes per arc, then it will probably cover only half the chapters for the Double 7 arc.
Old 2013-10-14, 00:03   Link #6939
Yye1
Wide Right

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...knr_v11_87.jpg
anyone know whats happening here? Why is Tatsuya pissed off at Erika?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-10-14, 00:31   Link #6940
Ultragunner

I think that's when Erika tries to ask about his identity. Tatsuya goes all scary to warn her, sth like "Please do not say another word! For the sake of both of us"...

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings