AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 07:19   Link #461
Kakkou
Tch.

I was bored, read a few posts in the thread and then this happened:

Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 07:59   Link #462
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Valvrave just needs a Jibbun WOOO and it will go full code geass.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 08:55   Link #463
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Best mecha show this season ? don't make me laugh after watching Gargantia....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:05   Link #464
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What's this about Twilight representing vampires?

No, I don't get it. You are seriously calling Twilight a representative franchise for vampirisim. And you are not the only one. A novel about a horny girl deciding which boy she wants to sleep with is now what vampires are about?
But unfortunately Twilight does represent vampires these days. And while it is not just Twilight the whole vampire/teen romance is what vampires have become.

It's really rare for a story to do something different or go back to the horror root of vampires.

I don't think this series will use vampires like Twilight per say but it seems to me that the ending was just another gimmick because vampires are in right now so lets add vampires.

Anyways this first episode was entertaining but it was entertaining in a flashy ridiculous way. The ending was just the worst aspect of this.

I probably will continue to watch though because I expect this thread will be very entertaining. In that sense this series so far does remind me more of Code Geass than Guilty Crown (at least I don't find any characters annoying).
Old 2013-04-14, 09:16   Link #465
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Best mecha show this season ? don't make me laugh after watching Gargantia....
Hmmm... I think Gargantia and Valvrave are kinda incomparable due to differences in story format between the two, even though they're both mecha shows.

I have watched both but I've yet to form a complete opinion on either.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 09:23   Link #466
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post

Kill it! Kill it with FIRE.
Old 2013-04-14, 11:32   Link #467
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Hmmm... I think Gargantia and Valvrave are kinda incomparable due to differences in story format between the two, even though they're both mecha shows.

I have watched both but I've yet to form a complete opinion on either.
In terms of grip and consistency Gargantia is ahead of Valvrave atm (watched 2 eps of Gargantia). In my opinion Valvrave has to many twist and turns, like the makers wanted to match every cliche there is in 1 short ep, lets see how the next ep is. Due to Valvrave setting it will continue to a big war, while Gargantia is a big question mark atm... so fight action war scenes and drama should be on Valvrave side. I will hopefully enjoy both serie, but please no Guilty Crown story progress... i stop watching after 4. ep...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:32   Link #468
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Those aren't roses. They are splattered blood.

An indication of what would happen should both of them come together.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 13:08   Link #469
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Those aren't roses. They are splattered blood.

An indication of what would happen should both of them come together.
There's already been plenty of blood from their first night together. I mean, L-Elf penetrated Haruto so hard that he bled, then proceeded to shoot two loads into him. To top things off Haruto responded with a hard bite to L-Elf's neck. Their angry vampire mecha pilot secks sessions are going to be rough by the looks of it.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:33   Link #470
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
so if that's true, the possibility of 'Valvrave 03~06 is just another form of the basic red Valvrave' is just getting higher

and these buttons sure giving "press me to change the colour" vibe

http://i.imgur.com/0P0b7ku.jpg?1

red, green, blue, yellow and purple(?) all accounted for

making valvrave 02 identity more and more mysterious @__@
It looked like he pressed the middle green button to start it up though. So that kind of throws a wrench into that theory. And yeah, there is still Valvrave II to consider. We'll see.

Quote:
My understanding is "D-Zero" was a bad translation and not at all what was said in that scene.
What I want to know is where did the "Liesrotte" or whatever come from. Because no matter how many times I listen to it, I still hear D-Zero. I guess it could come from the show's closed caption.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-04-14 at 14:56.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:24   Link #471
ReddyRedWolf

Make a Faustian deal with the mecha OS-tan to avenge your murdered girl.

Become a vampire. WTF?!

As for the Bishi squad just another bunch of Seed Destiny druggies.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 20:48   Link #472
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Images
what?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:15   Link #473
FateAnomaly

Hmm, a pretty cliche 1 episode except for the (expected) come back to life part. To be fair though there isn't many original ways a normal high schooler could pilot a OP mecha. Why did JIOR put the mecha under a normal school instead of a military installations though. And no guards or survillance to boot.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:15   Link #474
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
There's already been plenty of blood from their first night together. I mean, L-Elf penetrated Haruto so hard that he bled, then proceeded to shoot two loads into him. To top things off Haruto responded with a hard bite to L-Elf's neck. Their angry vampire mecha pilot secks sessions are going to be rough by the looks of it.
Well they had to figure out who was uke and L-Elf lost.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:22   Link #475
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Pretty generic first episode, not going to judge much from this. Lets hope it improves after this.
Oh, does anyone found a gif of the girl playing with that swim teacher's boobs? Probably the best part of the show.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:24   Link #476
Traece
:cool:

Wow. The award for most blatant ripoff of Mobile Suit Gundam goes to Valvrave. If we renamed the MC to Amuro Ray it would basically be the plot of the first episode of Gundam in nearly every single way except that one death (that they weren't willing to actually show for some reason). Plot wise, it's very obvious what inspired this. Painfully obvious.

Initially I expected something interesting from the Dyson Sphere concept. I've yet to see any movies or TV shows or anime that properly monopolized on the Dyson Sphere concept. Unfortunately this show doesn't seem to really care either. In a perfect world they would've spent the time to really engross the audience in this awesome sci-fi setting and show us what's so great about this concept. Instead it appears to be more of a surrogate for space colonies from Mobile Suit Gundam. So again, I'm disappointed.

Honestly, I have no idea what was going on in this. At one point there was this potentially interesting set of character relationships being created with a circle of friends and a budding romance that was instantly turned into a death flag and subsequently discarded in favor of high-speed lasers and death machines. I have no idea why this mysterious faction decided to attack PLANT this JIOR neutral faction (beyond them wanting to steal this high-tech machine that is somehow extremely above and beyond major nations). Basically the plot after the first episode is this: War against a small neutral Space Colony Dyson Sphere module to take their supercool mecha, and some kid who is surprisingly not named Amuro wound up in the cockpit of said supercool mecha to fight a war that was apparently started to get the supercool mecha.

The only hope that I have for this was post-credits, so I'll continue to watch hoping they pull some really interesting plot out of this despite all of this amazingness of the first episode. I'll admit, the post-credit scene piqued my interest enough to give it further watching.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:36   Link #477
ReddyRedWolf

Yeah the cliches is also the reason for me to place Valvrave at the bottom of the first episode impression of the three mecha anime this season. Gargantia at number 1 while Majestic Prince coming second.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:00   Link #478
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Someone has no sense of humor.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:09   Link #479
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:

i bet this series is soooo gonna end up like Tiger & Bunny, if it were intentional tough
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:21   Link #480
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The only hope that I have for this was post-credits, so I'll continue to watch hoping they pull some really interesting plot out of this despite all of this amazingness of the first episode. I'll admit, the post-credit scene piqued my interest enough to give it further watching.
I thought that was the part where everyone cracked up and stopped taking this show seriously in any level whatsoever.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire