AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-23, 09:43   Link #1121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So they got caught up in another lie. Espers can use magic. Maybe the lie was done to keep the power balance in check. Imagine what would happen if you had a powerful esper who could also be a powerful magician.

Like the guy said Touma's abilities are there for a reason. Maybe it's for the esper who can use magic.
Old 2008-11-23, 10:21   Link #1122
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Where was it said that people with psychic power can't use magic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think when Index was injured. They need a normal non-esper to perform the ceremony.
Eh? Forgot already?
But, yeah, there. After they escaped from Stiyl's first attack at the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
So, will they show Index's uncensored DFC in the DVD?
...Saa? It didn't really looked censored in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So they got caught up in another lie. Espers can use magic. Maybe the lie was done to keep the power balance in check. Imagine what would happen if you had a powerful esper who could also be a powerful magician.

Like the guy said Touma's abilities are there for a reason. Maybe it's for the esper who can use magic.
Sore ha nai.
At least, that would be more believable if someone in the anime/novel explained it. Yet, not shown in the anime, the author just suddenly states a different rule. If a character explained it, then that might be something else. Plus, for more evidence, for some reason, Touma didn't question why they could use magic. Instead, he just suddenly knew what would happen if they used magic. If he was told a lie, he would have questioned what was going on. At least, he shouldn't have known what would happen, by the new rule, if an esper uses magic.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-11-23 at 10:34.
Old 2008-11-23, 10:42   Link #1123
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Saa? It didn't really looked censored in the first place.
He's talking about this
Edit: I just noticed Aureolus is voiced by Kyon
Old 2008-11-23, 11:17   Link #1124
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Another Theory on ep8:

Oh and here's a cute Misaka, Touma & Index picture i found.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-11-23 at 12:27. Reason: pic couldn't be view
Old 2008-11-23, 11:35   Link #1125
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I knew Aurelios sounded familiar - Sugita "Kyon" Tomokazu. Quite refreshing to hear him as a villain, or at least an antagonist, for once.

Touma's Imagine Breaker right hand really is extremely handy, he could just unintentionally dispel the memory wipe spell Aurelios casted on him instantly like it was nothing, which I find amusing and funny.

I'm guessing Touma punching Stiyl with his right hand was a way to cancel out Stiyl's memory wipe as well as giving him a KO, no?

That's now two punches Stiyl has suffered from Touma, though this Touma probably has no idea.

Still a bit confused with Stiyl's "coin" explanation.

Stiyl says he and Touma (and the corpse) belonged to the "back of the coin", while the students belonged to the "front", and so are in separate dimensions, the "front" unable to sense the "back". - OK, I get that part.

Then Aurelios' "security system" noticed Stiyl and Touma's presence, and brought the tranced students into "alert mode", thus "transporting" them into the "back of the coin". - No problem here.

The question is, how on earth did Touma, Stiyl and those Gregarious Knights thingy get classified as the "back of the coin" while the students started off as "front of the coin"? Does this mean all unauthorized personnel and intruders automatically enter the "back coin" world? While the students and authorized personnel are grouped into the "front coin" world?

BTW, Index is once again so deliciously moe.

(Also drools at minor fanservice of random sailor uniform schoolgirl getting stripped by Aisa. )

One more thing, have I spotted one of the students to be the maid seen in the OP?

seranade, most grateful for your valued insight in the series, but one thing: Please, there really is no need to add in all sorts of Japanese exclamations in your sentences (like "mou", "sugoi", "saa", etc), is there? We know you can read Japanese. I used to be like you many, many years ago, though the more Japanese I learned, the less I do that, and I still cringe at how annoying I was back then. But maybe that's just me.
Old 2008-11-23, 11:55   Link #1126
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Eh...?

Quote:
Sadly, not even the episode explained everything like it should... Like the effect of merely stepping on the floor of the opposite side, or what really would happen if they entered the elevator and there were people inside...

Quote:
Oh and here's a cute Misaka, Touma & Index picture i found.
Spoiler for Kinda cute.:
Nothing's popping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'm guessing Touma punching Stiyl with his right hand was a way to cancel out Stiyl's memory wipe as well as giving him a KO, no?
Though that was really dangerous... The tongue...

Quote:
The question is, how on earth did Touma, Stiyl and those Gregarious Knights thingy get classified as the "back of the coin" while the students started off as "front of the coin"? Does this mean all unauthorized personnel and intruders automatically enter the "back coin" world? While the students and authorized personnel are grouped into the "front coin" world?
I can't remember... Either that was it, or Aureolus decided who was on what side... Can't remember...

Quote:
One more thing, have I spotted one of the students to be the maid seen in the OP?
No, she's not there.

Quote:
seranade, most grateful for your valued insight in the series, but one thing: Please, there really is no need to add in all sorts of Japanese exclamations in your sentences (like "mou", "sugoi", "saa", etc), is there? We know you can read Japanese. I used to be like you many, many years ago, though the more Japanese I learned, the less I do that, and I still cringe at how annoying I was back then. But maybe that's just me.
Hmm, I see. I was just typing what comes to my head (gyaah!), but I'll try to refrain from doing it. Habits are a hard thing to break...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-23, 17:49   Link #1127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, I worried for nothing. I really enjoyed this episode very much, though I have to wait for the english sub before I can understand the technical terms.

My suspicions was right though; The students couldn't see the body...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-23, 19:13   Link #1128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I knew Aurelios sounded familiar - Sugita "Kyon" Tomokazu. Quite refreshing to hear him as a villain, or at least an antagonist, for once.
For once? He's been voicing villains/antagonist characters for about the past year a bit. Also are you ever going to stop it with the "Kyon" mention? He isn't a one shot voice actor --- he's shown that with more then one occasion over the past year and a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2008-11-23, 19:27   Link #1129
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For once? He's been voicing villains/antagonist characters for about the past year a bit. Also are you ever going to stop it with the "Kyon" mention? He isn't a one shot voice actor --- he's shown that with more then one occasion over the past year and a bit.
Yes I like the work he's done in eroge the best
Old 2008-11-23, 20:14   Link #1130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-11-23, 21:09   Link #1131
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

9000 hours in MSPaint, just because.

That's a 100 yen shot right there.

And once again Touma sends Firestarter flying an impressive distance.

Old 2008-11-23, 22:33   Link #1132
NakedAngelX

Pretty confusing episode ~~

Spoiler for Ep 8:
Old 2008-11-23, 23:04   Link #1133
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post

Spoiler for Ep 8:
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-11-23, 23:16   Link #1134
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Also are you ever going to stop it with the "Kyon" mention? He isn't a one shot voice actor --- he's shown that with more then one occasion over the past year and a bit.
For f*ck's sake, no. Of course I bloody well know Sugita is well-talented and all-round, but let's face it, he's still best known to the very casual non-seiyuu aware fan as Kyon, and that's my first reference point whenever I want to introduce him to the casual fans.

It's just like when you think Keanu Reeves, the first thing that comes to your mind is "the Matrix", for Arnold Schwarzennegger, "the Terminator", Sean Connery and Pearce Brosnan, "James Bond", etc. These examples are all successful actors (OK, maybe Reeves is debatable) in their own right, yet they would always be associated with the role that made them in the first place. This is in no way trying to demean them or anything. If it annoys you, then I apologize, but I will not stop making that mention.
Old 2008-11-23, 23:46   Link #1135
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
9000 hours in MSPaint, just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

And once again Touma sends Firestarter flying an impressive distance.
If this wasn't an anime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Well, yeah... The episode dashed straight forward without explaining half of the stuff they needed to explain while cutting out a whole character. Understanding the episode would be harder...

Old 2008-11-24, 00:45   Link #1136
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, yeah... The episode dashed straight forward without explaining half of the stuff they needed to explain while cutting out a whole character. Understanding the episode would be harder...
You understand the whole irony of the situation ?

This is a "damn if they do, damn if they don't"...

JC Staff is probably going-

"We adapt and adapt, and yet they're still not happy -_-"
Old 2008-11-24, 01:03   Link #1137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You understand the whole irony of the situation ?

This is a "damn if they do, damn if they don't"...

JC Staff is probably going-

Hah, yeah... That's the problem. No matter what they do, everyone can't be happy.
Then again, if they explained what they needed to explain, there would be too many explanations again. If they don't, the story is confusing.
Conclusion? It's the original source's fault.
Though I think they are trying to speed up the process of going through the volumes...? They could have easily spent one more episode explaining a few things and go through the character they cut out without seeming to bogged down with talking... I think.

Old 2008-11-24, 01:04   Link #1138
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This is why sometimes it's best not to read the manga.

I loved this episode especially Touma's payback for what Stiyl did to him.
Old 2008-11-24, 01:06   Link #1139
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This is why sometimes it's best not to read the manga.

I loved this episode especially Touma's payback for what Stiyl did to him.
The manga didn't adapt this volume though.

Old 2008-11-24, 03:57   Link #1140
Used Can

Quote:
Well, it is a fool's task to try pleasing everyone. Personally, I like the explanations. I haven't kept on watching this show for the fights (which are quite good), but for the mysteries.

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen