AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 18 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 13:18   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It's kinda sad that many still consider her an annoying b*tch. :/
Personally i never understood why she was so disliked in the manga, let alone annoying.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:18   Link #62
tsunade666

Kanon isn't annoying! and what's annoying with her to begin with?
Old 2010-11-12, 14:58   Link #63
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Double stun guns?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-12, 16:24   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Double stun guns?
I don't see how a girl carrying around protection makes her annoying.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-11-12 at 16:54.
Old 2010-11-12, 17:07   Link #65
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see how a girl carrying around protection makes her annoying.
Ignoring her = threatening = she needs protection

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-12, 17:13   Link #66
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Ignoring her = uncontrollable low self-esteem = she needs perceptiveness

Fix'd.
Well, she's got her circumstances. Plus the stun guns are cute, and they're safe, and she never used both of them on Keima in the end.
So all's good? And the broken tree even got special service from Elsie! Lucky tree.
Old 2010-11-12, 17:17   Link #67
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The part where Kanon kept dragging Keima all around with issues that he doesn't even possibly know himself how to handle was just hilarious It shows that Kanon is becoming truly dependable and clingy to Keima. Now I can understand what Keima means when he says he knows what will happen. This is going to be a great next episode, showing even more about Kanon's past.. But the question still remains.. Does she dissapere because of the evil spirit inside her? Or does it have something to do with her past, and how she was ignored?
Old 2010-11-12, 17:23   Link #68
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
But the question still remains.. Does she dissapere because of the evil spirit inside her? Or does it have something to do with her past, and how she was ignored?
Both. Though if you talk about the disappearance alone it's caused by the loose soul.
If she hadn't a space in her heart, there wouldn't be a loose soul to begin with that could cause supernatural effects.
edit: Of course with disappearance I merely talk about the fact that she turns invisible / transparent. She can't teleport or something.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:58   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Both. Though if you talk about the disappearance alone it's caused by the loose soul.
If she hadn't a space in her heart, there wouldn't be a loose soul to begin with that could cause supernatural effects.
edit: Of course with disappearance I merely talk about the fact that she turns invisible / transparent. She can't teleport or something.
Makes sense, thank you Vanish
Old 2010-11-12, 23:40   Link #70
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i never understood why she was so disliked in the manga, let alone annoying.
Well in my case its not that i hate her, its more like that i prefer all the other girls xP .
Old 2010-11-13, 01:49   Link #71
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I didn't know stun guns could break a tree in half
Old 2010-11-13, 02:54   Link #72
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I didn't know stun guns could break a tree in half
Didn't know you can fix a tree with ribbon either... (nice job Elsie)

But yeah, if she turn invisible due to the loose soul in her heart, then maybe her own insecurity was buffed up by loose soul also. I mean... she was in the industry for a while already, an audience not paying attention shouldn't distract her that much!!

PS: and yes, Kanon's seiyuu improved a lot from last episode. And i'm not a big fan of the whole seiyuu's appreciation either

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-11-13 at 03:06.
Old 2010-11-13, 03:10   Link #73
tsunade666

actually this episode. Do better on giving her a background story. I didn't know before that she belong to another group called Citron before she become the idol kannon.
Old 2010-11-13, 06:24   Link #74
Seiryuu

Her disappearance is related to her spirit and her past, but it may have to do with something more. She's the first one to show physical manifestations of her possession, which suggests to me that the spirit is on another level or there's something else connected to it.
I didn't like the excuse Keima came up with for sleeping. Instead of saying that her song was so wonderful he fell into a peaceful sleep, I wonder what would've happened if he'd mentioned the fact that she was only there to "defeat" him, and that if he liked her song she'd have no more reason to come up there.

I can sort of understand why some people would find her annoying or something. She does come off at the start as a needy, demanding girl, not to mention a little whiny. Nothing could happen to her without her calling for him and wanting him to come immediately, and while he always shows up it still feels like she might go crazy if he didn't. I think part of the problem is that she occasionally seemed to be near-obsessive, both in the first email and later when she sent a flying keima a sudden rapidfire flood of mails(You have Mail! You have Mail! You havYou have MaiYou have Mail!). She did run a risk of overloading his mail system. I like her personally, but that sort of behavior could have turned some people off.
Old 2010-11-13, 07:58   Link #75
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I can sort of understand why some people would find her annoying or something. She does come off at the start as a needy, demanding girl, not to mention a little whiny. Nothing could happen to her without her calling for him and wanting him to come immediately, and while he always shows up it still feels like she might go crazy if he didn't. I think part of the problem is that she occasionally seemed to be near-obsessive, both in the first email and later when she sent a flying keima a sudden rapidfire flood of mails(You have Mail! You have Mail! You havYou have MaiYou have Mail!). She did run a risk of overloading his mail system. I like her personally, but that sort of behavior could have turned some people off.
She seems quite alone, despite being watched by half of Japan.
Keima is her first true friend (since Citron? ).
So, she over-reacts, maybe because she under-reacted while the Citron crash.
Did she enjoy Citron because of her partners, not because she liked to sing?
We'll surely get more information in the coming ep. The old man will surely get some exposition too.
Overall, a nice addition to the manga, without doubt.
But still quite puzzling if they decide to stretch it to a full episode...
Old 2010-11-13, 08:01   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kanon is an attention whore when it comes to Keima, imo he shouldn't have succumbed to her threat and keep pushing, after all by admitting her song was nice he admitted defeat and was added in Kanon's "fan section", so his effect on her diminished over time (despite the mail spam, she never really spends any time with him). Wonder what kind of ending Keima saw...
Quote:
I didn't know before that she belong to another group called Citron before she become the idol kannon.
It was mentioned in ep.5, although briefly.
Old 2010-11-13, 08:57   Link #77
Seihai
スマイリウム

If anyone's familiar with Ga Rei -Zero- or the Ga Rei manga, I'd personally compare the loose souls to the Sesshouseiki.
They're basically splitters of the nine-tailed fox spirit that come in forms of small red jewels which amplify one's negative emotions such as anger and jealousy.
It's like a parasite where the negativity and the parasite are feeding off each other to escalate, in Kanon's case, her self-destructiveness about turning transparent / invisible.

So the bigger the gap in the heart and the longer it remains, the worse the abnormal side effects of the loose soul get.
It's also safe to say that the side effects are very much related to the actual issue of the target girl so stay tuned for different side effects concerning the gaps in future captures.
I'm not excluding the possibility that loose souls also start off with different 'power levels'.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:16   Link #78
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

since the previous 2 heroines didn't have negative effects from the loose souls possessing them, i thought that kanon's case might be different in that the loose soul didn't have anything to do with her transparent moments and that there is something in her past that would have made her transparent/disappear.

after all, she is going to have a concert in the same place that a flashback back in ep5 showed her with citron and her reaction before she said the name of the place i think are clues to what is causing her disappearing acts.

oh well, just my 2 cents, everything will become clear in about a week anyway
Old 2010-11-13, 11:22   Link #79
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
since the previous 2 heroines didn't have negative effects from the loose souls possessing them, i thought that kanon's case might be different in that the loose soul didn't have anything to do with her transparent moments and that there is something in her past that would have made her transparent/disappear.

after all, she is going to have a concert in the same place that a flashback back in ep5 showed her with citron and her reaction before she said the name of the place i think are clues to what is causing her disappearing acts.

oh well, just my 2 cents, everything will become clear in about a week anyway
In Ayumi case, it's her incontrolable speed. And her relative sturdyness when crashing into every walls she encounters.
But the gap in Kanon is probably stronger than Ayumi or Mio, so are the side effects.

Damn Elsee for her inability to explain important things right from the start.
Like the number of runaway spirits...
Old 2010-11-13, 18:58   Link #80
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ I actually preferred sometimes if they don't disturb my peaceful times but probably people have different circumstances. I just prefer to watch on the sidelines.

As for kanon that traumatic feeling has been the trigger why he keeps bugging kami to the point she even draw kami on her notes sweet

though more of the parts feels a lot of drag for me on this episode.
Well it's not like I want attention all the time, the past days I started to get too much of it that it starts to become a head ace

Sometimes I wish to be left a lone too.

But yeh, as you said it depends on circumstances.