Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 12:58   Link #27301
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I might've mentioned that I had a MG 00Q a while back, and if I didn't, I have now. That was a pretty fun build, and although I loved the construction and detail, I lamented the 00Q's minimalistic loadout. Interestingly enough, the full sabre was released as a promotional item or something in a Hobby Magazine (don't quote me on this one). That said, I am very satisfied with the MG 00SS/G and because term is starting, I don't think I'll have time to build any more models. Maybe I should post some images...

Meanwhile, as for your YouTube videos, I think you should review more kits, and show off some completed products. I think people don't like seeing boxes all the time, hence their responses
The 1/100 Full Saber add-on was released by the company BTF.
Prime92 did a review on it.

It's not very good at all, but it's the best that we have at the moment.

If Bandai did do a Full Saber release with the MG 00 Qan[T], then with a few more plates, they can charge like 6000 YEN for it. =)

Good profit for them at minimal cost, while us fans finally get a complete version of the Qan[T].

As for MG Exia R2 and 00 Qan[T] ELS.. Yea. I wouldn't mind those as a P-Bandai exclusive. =)

As for the video I mentioned that Prime92 did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc3qz8WR0Nw&hd=1

The Full Saber that Bandai licensed Hobby Japan to include in the magazine was for the 1/144 High Grade 00 Qan[T]...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-RU_c3EXuc&hd=1
Old 2012-08-29, 13:49   Link #27302
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post

I just hate how HG kits:

a. require so many stickers
b. no inner frames
c. missing details
d. require painting for many details
e. some stickers are annoying as hell to put on and either don't go on well or fall off too easily
f. loose parts. yea i know you can use some tamiya extra thin cement to stiffen them up, but still.. >_<
The more recent kits don't have that much stickers, especially those from AGE. The missing details isn't bad for me, because I like my kits to be accurate to the Anime. While I like the details that, for example, the MG 00 Gundam has to offer, I prefer the more clean design of the NG/HG kits. Also, MG's are more prone to loose parts than HG's, at least that's the case for some of my kits.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:18   Link #27303
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The HGUC ones also have fewer stickers: the HG Unicorn Destroy Mode only has stickers for the eyes and the scope on the beam magnum, along a pair of white seals for the psycoframe on the neck area. It helps that the HGUC series is reasonably detailed: the HG Unicorn and Sinanju have near-MG level details
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:21   Link #27304
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
The HGUC ones also have fewer stickers: the HG Unicorn Destroy Mode only has stickers for the eyes and the scope on the beam magnum, along a pair of white seals for the psycoframe on the neck area. It helps that the HGUC series is reasonably detailed: the HG Unicorn and Sinanju have near-MG level details
I agree on the Unicorn, but it also has stickers for the shoulder vulcans. Other than the Unicorn, some newer kits rely on stickers while others don't. It's not really consistent. Not that I have a problem with that
Old 2012-08-29, 14:27   Link #27305
Appel

Quote:
b. no inner frames
c. missing details
e. some stickers are annoying as hell to put on and either don't go on well or fall off too easily
f. loose parts. yea i know you can use some tamiya extra thin cement to stiffen them up, but still.. >_<
a. That depends on the kit. Kits like the Jesta or the AGE-3 don't need more stickers than your regular MG kit.
b. So what?
c. Paint it.
d. No, really? You do realize that you are building model kits and that these aren't toys, right?^^
e. You clearly heaven't built the MG EX-S...
f. I have yet to see a lot of lose parts on my HGs. The MGs that I have have more lose parts!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:35   Link #27306
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
f. I have yet to see a lot of lose parts on my HGs. The MGs that I have have more lose parts!
That's my point exactly Thanks for confirming that
Old 2012-08-29, 14:42   Link #27307
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
That's my point exactly Thanks for confirming that
I concur.

OTOH I like some HG kits better than their MG counterparts. Its not blasphemy, its personal experience!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:24   Link #27308
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
OTOH I like some HG kits better than their MG counterparts. Its not blasphemy, its personal experience!

- Tak
I'm basically agree. Some kits are better in the HG version than the (old) MG. Solid examples would be Nu, Sazabi, RX-79, ZZ, and to some extent, 00 Raiser (coz you can pose the side-binders even more freely than the MG without it drooping or falling off).
Old 2012-08-29, 15:39   Link #27309
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm basically agree. Some kits are better in the HG version than the (old) MG. Solid examples would be Nu, Sazabi, RX-79, ZZ, and to some extent, 00 Raiser (coz you can pose the side-binders even more freely than the MG without it drooping or falling off).
Good examples! The ZZ really benefited the most from the HGUC release. The MG is a brick, nothing more. Other than the porpotions, I consider the HGUC and MG of the Nu Gundam equal in terms of articulation. Can't say much about the Sazabi, because I only have HGUC, but I like it. The sad thing is, the polycaps in the stomach and the left shoulder broke on mine And I agree about the 00 Raiser. IMO, it's the perfect version of the 00 Raiser if one makes the effort and paints the clear parts, the V-Fin and the grey on the feet and maybe the backthrusters. The articulation is still top-notch. Only most of the AGE-kits rival it in that aspect, but none has trumped its so far. Also, the sculpting is just perfect, IMO.

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2012-08-29 at 16:29. Reason: Because my grammar sucks -_-
Old 2012-08-29, 19:42   Link #27310
maknaedik

Quote:
I concur.

- Tak

True! Most specially if the MG was released way before its HG counterpart.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:33   Link #27311
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh yeah, I wouldn't look down upon the 144 HG kits either. They may be small, but they are filled with plenty of details on their own right. I would dare say some of them are even better than their larger counterparts.

I don't know if anyone here build dioramas, but those come in very, very handy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:36   Link #27312
Araxiel

Quote:

I just hate how HG kits:

b. no inner frames
c. missing details
a. Paint them.
b. Rarely, if ever, needed.
c. Not an issue I've encountered.
d. All kits should be painted, otherwise you've just bought a toy.
e. See answer a.
f. See answer c.
Old 2012-08-29, 20:44   Link #27313
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Granted, the inner frame is cool and everything, but how often does one take the exterior plating apart to display it? The HGUC Unicorn and Sinanju look just fine without the frame, thank you very much

Quote:
Oh yeah, I wouldn't look down upon the 144 HG kits either. They may be small, but they are filled with plenty of details on their own right. I would dare say some of them are even better than their larger counterparts.
The first example that comes to mind for me is the HG 00 Qan[T]: compared to its MG counterpart, the shield binder on the former is significantly lighter in proportion to its size, allowing it to hold poses better. I picked up the MG simply out of vain curiosity, as that was my first-ever master grade
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:29   Link #27314
casval cehack

HG means more choices too, some MS will never move to the MG line in Bandai's lifetime (especially now there's the RG).
Old 2012-08-30, 04:52   Link #27315
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
So, it's been awhile since I last ordered some kits. Today I ordered:

HG Gundam AGE-2 Double Bullet (My second one)
HG Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound
HG Gundam AGE-3 Normal
HG Gundam AGE-3 Fortress
HG Gundam AGE-FX
HG Gundam Legilis
HG Ghirarga
and to top it of the MG Nu Gundam Ver.Ka

Can't wait for them to arrive/to be released^^
Just added the HG Danazine and the HG AGE-3 Orbital to that list^^ I think the only HG AGE-kits I'm missing are the G-EXES Jack Edge, the Shaldoll Custom, the Clanche, the Adele Diva Colors and Farsia

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2012-09-01 at 17:01.
Old 2012-08-30, 06:00   Link #27316
casval cehack

Any photos of your current Age gunpla collection?
Old 2012-08-30, 06:29   Link #27317
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Sure. Might as well show some more of my collection^^ My desk is a little messed up though, and I don't have all kits in fancy poses, so excuse em please

Spoiler for size:

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2012-08-30 at 07:32.
Old 2012-08-30, 08:05   Link #27318
Akyra

Actually SF, quite like the "mess"! It sorta portrays the chaos within a massive crossover war...especially with all the different "battles" going on in there...

Good stuff...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 08:10   Link #27319
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
Actually SF, quite like the "mess"! It sorta portrays the chaos within a massive crossover war...especially with all the different "battles" going on in there...

Good stuff...
Thank you^^ Though I'm dire need of space
Old 2012-08-30, 08:28   Link #27320
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
on a serious note, people tend to do more dynamic poses more on HG/RG 1/144 rather 1/100 (if you got the luxury space). Most 1/100 are usually standing/Singular pose, the most would be 2 kit doing side by side dynamic poses for 1/100 . PG/ Megasize is already your "shrine"
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy