AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 02:19   Link #121
yozaku
Always Idle

I see vampire knight had been subbed by shoku-dan

its comment so funny

Winner of the race to release episode 1

ROTFL
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:33   Link #122
Westlo
Lets be reality

What's the chances of this going with an original anime ending and actually pairing Yuki up with someone? 10%? 5%? 1%? 0.01%?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:40   Link #123
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What's the chances of this going with an original anime ending and actually pairing Yuki up with someone? 10%? 5%? 1%? 0.01%?
This kind of show usually banks on multiple seasons. At least in my experience.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 02:54   Link #124
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I love Yuki's voice. Yui Horie did a good job voicing her...it's really adorable . I like how they put the comedy relief even in the serious scenes (i.e. Aido). Oh and that scene when Yuki fixed the desk, that was hilarious
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 04:02   Link #125
Westlo
Lets be reality

I thought they did a pretty good adaption of the first chapter(s), I can't thinkg of anything they left out though they seemed to drop a few more hints than the manga did for the "obvious thing". The intro song fit the opening animation rather well and I liked the voices for Yuki, Zero, Kaname and Aido.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:53   Link #126
ahmad

Wow i heard good things about the manga but never got to read it. I love vampires and this anime looks like it's going to be very good.
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 06:06   Link #127
Jobrill

Man, I think I'm going to have to break down and admit that Shoujou is my favorite genre now. I have not read the manga, but... This is way too awesome. Vampires, love triangles... Oh I want more.
Jobrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 06:42   Link #128
Leval
非現実的

Great animation and awesome script. Totally surprised that Deen did this, never would have guessed from the visual quality of the show.
Leval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 07:43   Link #129
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leval View Post
Great animation and awesome script. Totally surprised that Deen did this, never would have guessed from the visual quality of the show.
I don't like you.

Yes, but (having seen Fruits Basket and Marimite) it seems that they fixed the "nose problem" in this adaptation, though it wasn't that big of a deal.
I though the animation could have been a bit better, but it was fine.
EDIT: Scratch that. I've watched too much KyoAni recently and just rewatched ef - a tale of memories.
It was indeed quite good.

They were pretty faithful to the manga besides the obvious Zero thing, but all-in-all, it's good so far.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-04-09 at 08:00.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 07:51   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I thought they did a pretty good adaption of the first chapter(s), I can't thinkg of anything they left out though they seemed to drop a few more hints than the manga did for the "obvious thing". The intro song fit the opening animation rather well and I liked the voices for Yuki, Zero, Kaname and Aido.
It was a solid adaptation of the first few chapters, so i'm nice and happy with it. The animation was indeed on top form, though one has to wonder how long they can keep that up.
Old 2008-04-09, 08:41   Link #131
andromeda0201

Quote:
I'm going for 0.01%
No seriously, I haven't seen many shoujo anime romances solved properly these days, especially if it involves at least a triangle. Off the top of my head for recent ones, only Lovely Complex had a resolution.
For this with both male leads having their own supporters? No way, unless the manga manages to finish before they finish
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:46   Link #132
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, the replacement for KimiKiss and True Tears has arrived for me. Although this time around, I'm pretty ambivalent between the two LIs, as they can be both considered osana-najimi lol. So I don't really care if they don't end this conclusively (which they most probably won't); it's going to be one or the other. XD

Very good start. Hocchan was just marvelous, ranging from her strict to her embarassed side as usual. I usual am not that interested in vampire romances, but geez, even I want to bite Yuuki's neck lol.

And I find it quite interesting that Zero is a vampire (hello blood tablets and urge to bite Yuuki's neck?), yet he hates them with a passion. Probably got turned into a vampire unwillingly with the attack. Embrace the dark side like your namesake, Zero... :evil:

Also, I really, REALLY dig those uniforms. God, so stylish for both men and women... and zettai ryouiki (especially black) is always a plus in my book lol.

All in all, this series is up there in my enjoyment level. Still have to see Special A before making a decision, but this is definitely one of the best this season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:23   Link #133
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, the replacement for KimiKiss and True Tears has arrived for me. Although this time around, I'm pretty ambivalent between the two LIs, as they can be both considered osana-najimi lol. So I don't really care if they don't end this conclusively (which they most probably won't); it's going to be one or the other. XD
Well, one of the characters is
ahh, that would be no fun.

But yeah, we might have a conclusive ending depending on now long the anime is and whether or not the manga ends.

This has everything for you, huh?
Double osana najimi power, no lolis, no yuri, but lots of non-humans (who aren't dolls).
Quote:
Very good start. Hocchan was just marvelous, ranging from her strict to her embarassed side as usual. I usual am not that interested in vampire romances, but geez, even I want to bite Yuuki's neck lol.

Ehhh.
Quote:
And I find it quite interesting that Zero is a vampire (hello blood tablets and urge to bite Yuuki's neck?), yet he hates them with a passion. Probably got turned into a vampire unwillingly with the attack. Embrace the dark side like your namesake, Zero... :evil:
Spoiler for Not really.(Manga spoilers incoming, beware):

Quote:
All in all, this series is up there in my enjoyment level. Still have to see Special A before making a decision, but this is definitely one of the best this season.
Special A is Gonzo.
Done.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 09:32   Link #134
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was a solid adaptation of the first few chapters, so i'm nice and happy with it. The animation was indeed on top form, though one has to wonder how long they can keep that up.
I hope they can keep it up but they're doing 4 series this season...

Quote:
Well, the replacement for KimiKiss and True Tears has arrived for me.
I did mention this in the Kimikiss thread when searching for a title to replace that and True Tears, but with a 99% chance of having an open ending so they can continue it (perhaps) one day it might not satisfy people who want a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Special A is Gonzo.
Done.
Gonzo & AIC to be exact and episode one has been getting generally positive feedback and it seems to be following the manga as well.
Old 2008-04-09, 10:00   Link #135
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Downloading the episode now im up to date on the manga which just reached the WTF moments (manga readers will know what im talking about) Good to see some positive feedback about the anime looking forward to it. So did episode 1 cover the first 3 chapters?
Old 2008-04-09, 11:10   Link #136
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
So did episode 1 cover the first 3 chapters?
Haven't watched the actual episode yet, but from the screenshots, it looks like Episode 1 covered only Chapter 1.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:24   Link #137
Westlo
Lets be reality

I just checked, Episode 1 covered the first chapter.
Old 2008-04-09, 11:34   Link #138
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Vampire romance, forbidden love huh...

I won't be surprised if Kaname isn't as good as he appears to be. Just like how you fatten up a turkey before feasting
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Special A is Gonzo.
Quote:
Gonzo & AIC to be exact and episode one has been getting generally positive feedback and it seems to be following the manga as well.
And the last time they did team up with AIC they brought us lovely masa san

I do believe that people prejudge gonzo too much though. The can so some pretty good hits once in a while (and hopefully SA is one of them).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:38   Link #139
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
they are using kuran instead of clan in shoku's sub
Old 2008-04-09, 12:15   Link #140
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

This was........sexy
juss is offline   Reply With Quote