AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-24, 00:39   Link #17721
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ well ... isn't it because of the "she somehow has to use a remote controller" condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's some overstatement....if Kamachi really jumps to that level it will be one massive, massive jump indeed
hahaha ... you must be new here, he did a planet buster foreshadow since vol 4 and the real deal began in vol 13 22, not to mention that the highest power ranking in the first 3 volumes was Dragon breath and the most broken offensive ability went from Ars Magna to Holy Right ... if that's not classifiable as a massive jump, well I don't know ... And, this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kamachi is going to do that, but step by step, majin was hinted since volume 1 and now we have Ollerus and Othinus.

Quote:
The one who touches the fridge the God only knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
What have i missed?
Well I don't know myself, mainly the original discussion which was "your opinion about the volume" turns into "Are AC's espers even able to carry out a war against the magic side?" ... or something like that
Old 2012-03-24, 03:27   Link #17722
tsunade666

cosmic is not new to this stuff. His pretty much an old timer geezer!

but the point of cosmic is the planet killer is pretty much different from galaxy killer.

Sure the planet is pretty cheap in toaruverse but still no where near a galaxy killer.

Kamachi would be doing some MAJOR JUMP in power levels to even introduce galaxy level killers.

Slayer series has those galaxy level as well as tenchi series for all I know being a fan of those series. Demonbane will leave even left alone in darkness and the universe is destroyed.

Point taken is planet level killer is different in power for galaxy level killer.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:46   Link #17723
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope not. Right now, all Kamachi needs is creative powers that doesn't need to be planet busters. Just threats to the human race (like rewriting major metaphysical laws, etc.) and a WMD (Dainsleif is a nice WMD with its heartstopping passive ability) are enough to make Touma's life a living hell... and an interesting read for the rest of us.

By the way, is anyone wondering what is going on right now in the Roman Catholic Church?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:46   Link #17724
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

we cannot say misaki is broken, afterall little is known about it, also that was pretty much the idea of her having that remote, it seems she needs some kind of support to activate it, much like tatsikubou and kinuhata, actually from what was said in vol 22 tatsikubou would be able to become esper-bane.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:49   Link #17725
judasmartel
*Author

Man, is this DBZ all over again, with newer enemies becoming insanely powerful than the previous ones?
Old 2012-03-24, 05:35   Link #17726
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Man, is this DBZ all over again, with newer enemies becoming insanely powerful than the previous ones?
How else would you like for the plot to progress w/out introducing more major enemies? Now that Touma has immersed himself deeper in the darkness it's no surprise he's going to start seeing more and more major players.
Old 2012-03-24, 05:37   Link #17727
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I hope not. Right now, all Kamachi needs is creative powers that doesn't need to be planet busters. Just threats to the human race (like rewriting major metaphysical laws, etc.) and a WMD (Dainsleif is a nice WMD with its heartstopping passive ability) are enough to make Touma's life a living hell... and an interesting read for the rest of us.
Ars Magna, execution of light, Divine Mother worship, Accelerator, Dark matter, IB, Holy Right, ... and I'm sure he won't stop there, no, he's actually beginning to step on Nasu's field of expertise, so I guess that part is not a problem anymore (°w°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
cosmic is not new to this stuff. His pretty much an old timer geezer!

but the point of cosmic is the planet killer is pretty much different from galaxy killer.

Sure the planet is pretty cheap in toaruverse but still no where near a galaxy killer.

Kamachi would be doing some MAJOR JUMP in power levels to even introduce galaxy level killers.

Slayer series has those galaxy level as well as tenchi series for all I know being a fan of those series. Demonbane will leave even left alone in darkness and the universe is destroyed.

Point taken is planet level killer is different in power for galaxy level killer.
*sigh* Then again, the fact about planet busters and galaxy busters being too far from each other is actually irrelevant in this discussion, sure it may take time but ... it'll come, we're talking about that stubborn Kamachi. Well, it's not like he'll directly jump from planet+ to universe+ in the next volume, I'd say it'll take 5 or 6 volumes before the holistic esper is possible, but he won't let something like that slip from the palm of his hand.
Furthermore, we're not talking about any random hotblooded franchise but Toaru, a universe where most powerful guys can be dealt with if you have the proper broken ability/luck (considering there's no one as hax as the opponent) which in not necessarily a cosmic level one ... well my point is that that guy who can own a galaxy just to create a fireball in his hand can be easily dealt with a single punch or a gunshot, so it's no big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
we cannot say misaki is broken, afterall little is known about it, also that was pretty much the idea of her having that remote, it seems she needs some kind of support to activate it, much like tatsikubou and kinuhata, actually from what was said in vol 22 tatsikubou would be able to become esper-bane.
Oh, that's right! I do reckon she also needs to touch her target before a link is established, with the remote controller in addition, it seems like she's not that broken finally ... let's see how she can manage to touch a Saint level magician or use that remote control in a casual fight with them
Old 2012-03-24, 05:52   Link #17728
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Wasn't Saronia Irvikas Leshy magic a little bit like mind control albeit it does not control a person/persons directly but makes use of suggestions of group psychology? Makes you question if this isn't practice for introducing Misaki.
Old 2012-03-24, 06:02   Link #17729
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Oh, that's right! I do reckon she also needs to touch her target before a link is established, with the remote controller in addition, it seems like she's not that broken finally ... let's see how she can manage to touch a Saint level magician or use that remote control in a casual fight with them
I don't know. My thoughts is that the remote control is used to restrict her powers, so that she uses them only when she wants to. Basically, she has the ability to use Mental Out any time she wants, but since that could be a hassle (would you want to be able to hear other people's thoughts all the time?), she's trying to avoid the situation of Mao from Code Geass.

Just a theory of mine ╮(╯_╰)╭
Old 2012-03-24, 06:34   Link #17730
judasmartel
*Author

So Misaki actually has the power of the Geass?

@Rikou Well, if you can demote any higher-level esper and buff level zeroes, yeah.
Old 2012-03-24, 07:35   Link #17731
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Well what if she can control whomever but she has a remote so she wont go insane because she can't full control her powers? I think some people think she wears gloves so she doesn't do something like Rogue from X-men does but Misaki seems like too much of a bitch to not control everyone.
Old 2012-03-24, 08:38   Link #17732
whitecloud

what i_am_kami said seems to be right.. at sport festival when her remote is taken from her she doesnt use her power so it seems to be the remote seems to be some kind of limiter or more like a google if you compare her ability to a sniper rifle without it she cannot accurately pinpoint her target and risk targeting everyone in range..like what sumeragi said

P.S: this is out of context..but sometimes i wonder if character from toaruverse being clashed with character from nasuverse which one will have more casualties.. well nasuverse have saber,archer(shiro), gilgamesh and everything but toaru also have othinus,aiwass,Fuse=kazakiri and many person which is also very very strong as well

Last edited by whitecloud; 2012-03-24 at 08:49.
Old 2012-03-24, 08:48   Link #17733
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Kakine is an exception, he's so badass that even though he's on the Science Side, a man such as him would have been awesome as a Magician. And he's awesome

Sadly he was born into the life of Science
So it seems the Kakine profile was just another illusion...
Old 2012-03-24, 08:54   Link #17734
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^ well ... isn't it because of the "she somehow has to use a remote controller" condition?

hahaha ... you must be new here, he did a planet buster foreshadow since vol 4 and the real deal began in vol 13 22, not to mention that the highest power ranking in the first 3 volumes was Dragon breath and the most broken offensive ability went from Ars Magna to Holy Right ... if that's not classifiable as a massive jump, well I don't know ... And, this :

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.....I've been here longer than you, reading Index longer than you wwwww

You mentioned "universe killer"

to go to that like that, just like that now, and now with the Universal esper theory in practice would be massive massive jump than mere "planet kill"

It would be breaking to the story itself as the protags have no way to catch up while still not making the plot cheesy

You have to bear in mind the Touma faction needs a good counter as well. Unless he wants a "fighting against hopeless odds and dying" story. IB as it is now has trouble with a Majin and a full power Holy Right can only be deflected while the thing inside his arm can only split the Holy Right's attack, not outright erase it
Old 2012-03-24, 09:34   Link #17735
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
he's actually beginning to step on Nasu's field of expertise, so I guess that part is not a problem anymore (°w°)
And both him and Kamachi are my favorites~

Quote:
So it seems the Kakine profile was just another illusion...
Kakine's return will be grand,
But may Utgaroa-Loki be honored even if he wasnt shown much
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Last edited by Kenju of the Right; 2012-03-24 at 09:47.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:19   Link #17736
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Kinda like an OT, but I realized that this thread has already 1.500.000 views. I remember than from 0 to 1m the period was "kinda long", but for the 2m it seems that it's going to be pretty short. That's Kamachi for ya.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:45   Link #17737
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

*Reads Connection Process a 2nd Time*
*Gets it now*

It all makes sense...
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-24, 12:13   Link #17738
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.....I've been here longer than you, reading Index longer than you wwwww
*sigh* please, have you ever taken one of Chaos' catchphrase seriously? Well I guess it was meant to be used only by the later ... whatever, my 16 years-old cousin was reading index longer than me and guess who has better understanding of the thing

Quote:
You mentioned "universe killer"

to go to that like that, just like that now, and now with the Universal esper theory in practice would be massive massive jump than mere "planet kill"

It would be breaking to the story itself as the protags have no way to catch up while still not making the plot cheesy

You have to bear in mind the Touma faction needs a good counter as well. Unless he wants a "fighting against hopeless odds and dying" story. IB as it is now has trouble with a Majin and a full power Holy Right can only be deflected while the thing inside his arm can only split the Holy Right's attack, not outright erase it
*sigh* well, I don't like repeating myself so :

Quote:
Kamachi is going to do that, but step by step, majin was hinted since volume 1 and now we have Ollerus and Othinus.
Quote:
Well, it's not like he'll directly jump from planet+ to universe+ in the next volume, I'd say it'll take 5 or 6 volumes before the holistic esper is possible, but he won't let something like that slip from the palm of his hand.
About what "the protag can do" I'll just add : bear in mind than neither of us knows what the invisible thing inside Touma can do, and he has plenty of time to reflect about this until that thing appear and ... even if it isn't the case, I already implied this but I guess I'll have to explain it explicitly : Fiamma's HR is "THE POWER TO SAVE THE WORLD" bring an universe+ evil threat to menace his beloved world and he'll get the corresponding upgrade (considering his ability is stable), the Kamijou faction is more than ready than you thought -_- and 'till the holistic esper really appears I guess both would have fixed their power somehow ... no actually who said that the holistic esper must be an antagonist anyway .
And : up to now the holistic esper's powers as it is described doesn't give them the ability to destroy a galaxy as they please but to do something else they have to destroy a galaxy by inadvertence in the process (yeah that's different) in other word all those guys can do is not greater than that of academy city's average espers in term of efficiency it's just that the drawbacks of their ability are cosmic = even if they are theoretically super strong those guys are still real weaklings >.>
Old 2012-03-24, 12:31   Link #17739
tsunade666

with this all holistic esper thing. It reminds me Aleister plan to alter the worlds law. I have few ideas concerning with it. First reviving a dead relative or family then again I just got an idea of Aleister picking a fight with the real deal angels. If the real deal angels start showing up and not just idol theory manifestation or in messed up way with mixed elements or just force summoning but as a real herald of god. I bet they will be more powerful.

I just got this idea right now while reading the comment of holistic esper and it might sound silly. But what if Aleister's plan was to go against god

like pick a fight with them and stop apocalypse or Armageddon or something. He already lost everything he has with the speech of "his illusions are already broken" Maybe his trying to save others. In the novel it's been commented that maybe he is jealous on the 3 hero's. Specially Hamadura for being able to defy his predictions ( though not sure on this part <.<) But just maybe. I also liked to think that all the big enemies in tamni aren't necessary evil. Well except archbishop LOL but the thing is. Fiamma despite being bad at first is actually good with twisted views of the world.

Well that's my theory and all. If you want a universe level battle. Then bring out the real deal like demons and angels which are outside of this dimension and which is the one the people in this dimension imitates or seek help for their power.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:16   Link #17740
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ ya ya ... there's a misunderstanding ^^", no one ever said once that they wanted universe level battles.
I also doubt there would be such things in this series merely the holistic esper will appear and Kamachi will somehow find a way to subdue him/her by punching him/her once or twice before any cosmic level casualties occur. At least until there's a good use for them.

As for the good bastard Aleister theory, why not? He doesn't really seem to be bad guy anyway, at least from what Aiwass told, but that means the final boss is the "Omnipotent God of Christianity" and that one is really ... a problematic matter

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen