AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-09, 20:52   Link #41
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

this series has left me in dispair! how many more hours till the next episode??
Old 2008-02-09, 20:57   Link #42
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
this series has left me in dispair! how many more hours till the next episode??
I find it interesting that you seem to be affected a lot by the episode and still gave it the WORST rating ever given by anyone yet. I can see that maybe you are a Hiromi fan and with this episode your hopes for her are crushed. Still a 4 rating is too much!
Old 2008-02-09, 21:04   Link #43
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well,
Spoiler for episode 6 about hiromi revelation:
Spoiler for above spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I can't see Hiromi and Shin have very strong feelings for each other to just have them end with different people and be happy.
True. It's hard for me to imagine either one getting over such strong feelings in so short a time.

Noe is just starting to like Shin. Aiko has liked him for a while but it has'nt been shown to be at quite the intense level that Hiromi feels for Shin. Hiromi has had these strong feelings for probably several years.

Shin has close to the same level of feelings towards Hiromi as she does for him. He is'nt even aware of Aiko liking him plus Nobuse is a huge handicap for her in Shin's mind. He is starting to feel something for Noe but probably not enough for us to say he likes her.

With only a few episodes left I can't realistically see either one moving on that easily and quickly. They have such shared depth of emotion for each other. Neither one has anything close to that feeling for any other character. This is not something you get over in a few days or weeks. Feelings of this intensity take many months and beyond to get past. Maybe the writers just want to squeeze their hearts for some extra tears before a happy ending. Next episode preview shows just how difficult it is for Hiromi.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-02-09 at 21:16.
Old 2008-02-09, 21:04   Link #44
Falkor

Just finished episode 06…

The level of drama/tension has reached a new level by the end of the episode. It was simply amazing how the revelations were coming one by one to destroy whatever illusions the characters had thus far built. It was slow, painful, and heart-wrenching as the words hit their sense of reality more than once. The story has come across a point of no return where the easy path is no longer in sight.

Fake advertising aside, this episode was just wonderful in terms of drama, animation, facial expressions, mood, characterization, writing, music, voice acting, cliffhangers, tears. I’m more than satisfied or rather overjoyed with the situations this show has been able to develop/create up to this point. If I had to pick my favorite scene out of the 24 minutes, I would choose Hiromi’s revelation without doubts. The emotions swept through my body as her voice started to tremble with desperation and her tears were not able to hold on any longer inside the sadness of her heart. Ai-chan would come really close as hers was simply dry, just effective, filled with shocking truth and overwhelming frustration.

Episode 06 is probably the most important one now that we are only half-way through the show. It’s the point where only tragedy awaits at the end of the tunnel, where characters are forced to explore their emotions and feelings with more than simply scrutiny and mere skepticism.
Old 2008-02-09, 21:08   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I find it interesting that you seem to be affected a lot by the episode and still gave it the WORST rating ever given by anyone yet. I can see that maybe you are a Hiromi fan and with this episode your hopes for her are crushed. Still a 4 rating is too much!
Hold on...who says that shin x hiromi's relationship will be crushed?

If anything I think this is the perfect chance for them to bond even stronger provided that they could get over the blood related thing (which is possible). I find it hard to see hiromi not ending with shin as they are just made for each other (with screws missing to boot). Roadkill for aiko and noe tbh.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-09, 21:38   Link #46
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
in retrospect, i guess a 4 was too harsh (especially since there was alot of other things that went right right in the episode). though i really was shocked they decided to play the forced drama card. my opinion of this turn of events may change depending on how they spin it in the coming eps. (hence my anticipation )
Old 2008-02-09, 21:59   Link #47
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
in retrospect, i guess a 4 was too harsh (especially since there was alot of other things that went right right in the episode). though i really was shocked they decided to play the forced drama card. my opinion of this turn of events may change depending on how they spin it in the coming eps. (hence my anticipation )
lol! I can tell that they did their job with you, so I see why you give the episode such a harsh rating! You weren't rational when you did that. For next time, don't rate the episode immediately after watching it. Negative emotions can clund your mind. I was almost tearing up with hiromi. Wasn't hiromi also one of the girls that couldn't cry, Shin wanted to give back her tears. Well Shin did it.
Now he need to give Noe her tears back too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkillz

Hold on...who says that shin x hiromi's relationship will be crushed?

If anything I think this is the perfect chance for them to bond even stronger provided that they could get over the blood related thing (which is possible). I find it hard to see hiromi not ending with shin as they are just made for each other (with screws missing to boot). Roadkill for aiko and noe tbh.
I was talking about seravy being crushed about the revelation. I know it is far over for counting Hiromi out. Like she said, there is a posibility of they being siblings but as well there is one that they are not. it is a 50-50 thing.
Old 2008-02-09, 22:35   Link #48
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-09, 23:57   Link #49
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

In this episode - shit starts hitting the fan.

What a fantastic show this.
Old 2008-02-10, 01:19   Link #50
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

preview question...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-10, 01:23   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
preview question...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for lines:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-10, 01:35   Link #52
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The only thing that bothers me is the relationship between Shin's mother and father, and the way he said Hiromi was their daughter as much as Shin. Would he really say that if she were really his? I'm not saying she isn't, just that the writer should not have written that earlier scene that way if she was.
Spoiler for alternative theory:
Old 2008-02-10, 01:57   Link #53
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for lines:
I see, thanks.
Old 2008-02-10, 03:10   Link #54
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
I see, thanks.
well after episode 6 and the two big events, the percentages of the girls have changed.
Hiromi is now down to 40%, With Aiko at 30% and Noe at 30%. that is, if what that baba told hiromi is true! I demand a blood test immediately.
Old 2008-02-10, 06:36   Link #55
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

ah, that episode was phenomenal! as good as ep. 18 of kimikiss. now 2008's anime series are heating up! cloud ninja's theory is quite plausibe but 13 episodes wouldnt do the series justice if that scenario happens

i'll hold back my comments until i understand the episode more *wink* because translating every sentence is HARD!

episode 7:
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2008-02-10, 08:43   Link #56
Oppius
Banned

I was amazed with this episode!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-10, 10:14   Link #57
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
I was amazed with this episode!

Spoiler:
Remember that it is not set in stone. Even Shin mother was surprised that Hiromi still remembered that, maybe it was a bad joke and she expected Hiromi not to take it seriously.
Old 2008-02-10, 12:53   Link #58
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Remember that it is not set in stone. Even Shin mother was surprised that Hiromi still remembered that, maybe it was a bad joke and she expected Hiromi not to take it seriously.
let's hope it's true it then gives aiko and noe better chances which is good since they are more compatible with him, right golthin? :::nudge::: :::nudge:::
Old 2008-02-10, 13:12   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If anything the violin/piano piece at the end freaking rocks. Was it ever played before? Because if it was, damn, I must've been deaf. I usually could care less about OSTs and what not, but I'm going to be spefically hunting that piece down. Now let me play it again...

As for the episode itself, Drama is at its highest. Will it dethrone KimiNozo as my favourite drama series ever? Only time will tell, but hell, if they keep it up, it has a very damn good chance at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-02-10, 13:43   Link #60
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Ep 6 Speculation:
Closed Thread