AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-03, 01:00   Link #24021
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
All Members Of OC Get Off The IRC Channel Now!
*just finished playing C&C3 when this happened* is it over?

Note: might not have anything new to post, but I have plans to rebuild Into the Dusk (FYI, this is my take on the AU possibility of the OC) if time permits.
Old 2008-05-03, 01:02   Link #24022
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Gah, what the hell did we do to get DOS attacked? I'd blame the legion, but then again there are more bored asshats on the internet then just the legion.

*goes to play PDS*

Damnit and I was wanting to talk Sentai with Aaron too T__T

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-03, 01:06   Link #24023
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do, except place a limit of how many active users can be one at any given time
Old 2008-05-03, 01:08   Link #24024
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Gah, what the hell did we do to get DOS attacked? I'd blame the legion, but then again there are more bored asshats on the internet then just the legion.
Apparently it was a random a-hole who just found the channel and decided to ruin our lives for their entertainment

Though we can't rule out the possibility that it's someone who's been lurking in these forums for a while now

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-05-03, 01:11   Link #24025
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Apparently it was a random a-hole who just found the channel and decided to ruin our lives for their entertainment

Though we can't rule out the possibility that it's someone who's been lurking in these forums for a while now
Could it be an /a/sshole? As in the -chan variety?
Old 2008-05-03, 01:13   Link #24026
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamott99 View Post
Could it be an /a/sshole? As in the -chan variety?
Farfetched, but can't rule it out.

Still, an a-hole is an a-hole no matter where they come from. >.>

And now I can't access both #outercadia AND #mabinogi

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-05-03, 01:17   Link #24027
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Tsurupettan

Meh, what a frustrating Saturday over here.... wish I could do some hotraburabuyuritwincestnotrelatedbybloodintimatelo veaction short OC story, but as for now the lab's closed and I don't have the mood to continue my stay at cyber cafe after playing C&C3 for 2 straight hours (FOR KANE!!!!!! )

And besides, next week's going to be a very busy and packed week for me. So I don't think I'll be online as often as I am now.

Note: still trying to figure out how to do the Aggressor story, though this is what I have in mind:

Spoiler for events @ Village of Scarlet Illusion:

*cue Trombe!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Kill them with fire! Burn them at stake!!! Where's my Reimu when I need her?

hey, Lowe, how's your trip?
Old 2008-05-03, 01:23   Link #24028
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
It is safe to log in to the channel now, so long as your nick has been registered with the NickServ. And no, I'm not talking about mibbit
Old 2008-05-03, 01:26   Link #24029
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
If you don't know how just Google "Regsitering nick IRC" it's very simple just one simple command line really.

Old 2008-05-03, 02:04   Link #24030
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I had a very odd way to be reminded of things in networking and telecom course that I'd thought I would not need to think of again today. Now going back to whatever insanity with OC. (All discussion on IRC is not complete without at least one mentioning of a DDOD at least once. It was embarrassing that I really know nothing of IRC other than logging on to channel, register and identify my own nick and comment in color tags. O rainbow pony!)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-05-03, 03:59   Link #24031
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Soooo who wants to read my long ass spiel about Electronic Warfare in Nanoha and my prototype character for the specialization?

*crickets can be heard*

Well screw you I'm posting it anyway prepare to be buried under an avalanche of technical and tactical jargon maggots!

First off we have an 3,000 word in character essay as a primer!
Spoiler for Tactical Babble GO!:
That was fun to ready wasn't it?! Now let's see how we can apply all this wonderful tactical theory can be applied to a character!

Spoiler for Rebecca Keller:

Ahhh that felt good! I just love droning on and on about tactics and strategy, wouldn't you all agree?
*Everyone in the thread posters and OCs alike can be seen to be asleep with many of them drooling.*
Well I though it was interesting.

Old 2008-05-03, 05:48   Link #24032
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
It is safe to log in to the channel now, so long as your nick has been registered with the NickServ. And no, I'm not talking about mibbit
For those who often goes to the IRC channel. You no longer have to register your nick anymore.

Lets hope this is the last attack
Old 2008-05-03, 07:15   Link #24033
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Soooo who wants to read my long ass spiel about Electronic Warfare in Nanoha and my prototype character for the specialization?

*crickets can be heard*

Well screw you I'm posting it anyway prepare to be buried under an avalanche of technical and tactical jargon maggots!

That was fun to ready wasn't it?! Now let's see how we can apply all this wonderful tactical theory can be applied to a character!

Ahhh that felt good! I just love droning on and on about tactics and strategy, wouldn't you all agree?
*Everyone in the thread posters and OCs alike can be seen to be asleep with many of them drooling.*
Well, at least you're painfully honest that obviously it was kinda dry. After all, tactics are always dry when you describe them, but fascinating when put into action.

Well, now, who found that length invigorating, folks?

*sees that only his hand is up so far*

Um, right
Old 2008-05-03, 07:49   Link #24034
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
See me I like to start off with some canon then hurl a grenade into it and watch the plot scatter in funny ways. Which is basiclly what the crack I mentioned was it’s basiclly a “what if some tech using guys befriended (and no busters where not involved in that process at least not on them) some of the cast before StrikerS and was sort of quasi-allied with the TSAB (and RF6 in particular) by its start. It starts off close to canon, but by about Ep 6 it starts to go off the rails and gets progressively more and more out of control as time goes on, and by Ep 15 all but the most board aspects are totally different.
I do that too at times, but those scenarios are usually scattered 'what if' things, and hardly ever make it to paper. I guess I like the challenge of sticking to plot more then the challenge of writing a good story outside of the lines.

Quote:

*crickets can be heard*

Long posts are looong. -_-

Anyway, I'm not one for long-winded technical and tactical jargon, but I don't see anything contradicting canon, so I don't see a reason to whine about a new way to use magic.

Quote:

Good profile, though I'm rather surprised that all of the countermeasures seem to focus on countering scanning, but don't stretch into the area of countering communication or attacks (our debate aside, I can easilly see these abillities used to mess with a mage's control over his or her projectiles, or disrupt or destabilize targeting for long-range shots).

Also, she likes giving people make-overs? Any particular targets in mind?
Old 2008-05-03, 08:17   Link #24035
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I do that too at times, but those scenarios are usually scattered 'what if' things, and hardly ever make it to paper. I guess I like the challenge of sticking to plot more then the challenge of writing a good story outside of the lines.
Well mine get written down, but never see the light of day otherwise they're sort of like a long rambling journal of semi-coherent ideas I've had over the years.

Quote:
Long posts are looong. -_-

Anyway, I'm not one for long-winded technical and tactical jargon, but I don't see anything contradicting canon, so I don't see a reason to whine about a new way to use magic.
Yeah I tried not to contradict anything we see or know in canon while still extrapolating to bulk out scanning magic and the "electronic battlefield" as it where. Basically I wanted to make it something more complex then "activate generic scan to see enemy". At the same time since since the Manga mentions that the Belkan style (or at least Neo) tends to focus on forming effects on or near the user it's probably something Mid is pretty much just better at which also helps with me wanting to differentiate the two a bit more.

Quote:
Good profile, though I'm rather surprised that all of the countermeasures seem to focus on countering scanning, but don't stretch into the area of countering communication or attacks (our debate aside, I can easilly see these abillities used to mess with a mage's control over his or her projectiles, or disrupt or destabilize targeting for long-range shots).
Acutally they do maybe that wasn’t really that clear, but the “spells” were really more about the various classes of jamming and how they worked overall then the targets basiclly jamming can target any sort of signal it’s more about how you do it then what it’s targeting (since it’s all jamming). You can target the various sorts of jamming on scans, communications, guidance, etc. The problem is somewhat that listing every little thing it could do would make the list huger then it already is… Some editing is probably going to happen (this is basiclly a somewhat polished draft.) but to some extent I decided to sort of just outline it a bit here and get into the real specifics in the story.

Just like how I didn't list the probably dozen plus sub-sets of each overarching scan type like IR, RADAR, LIDAR, etc. More specifics are talked about when they acutally come up in the plot but in the profile it's sort of enough to say "she can do these sorts of scans over ALLOT of the spectrum".

Quote:
Also, she likes giving people make-overs? Any particular targets in mind?
Several it was only mentioned becasue such an incident was already planned... Luckily for the intended victims she's acutally good at it.

Old 2008-05-03, 08:34   Link #24036
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, I let my creativity run wild, but I enjoy making stories fit into canon. That's where half the fun in character creation lies for me. Making a story and having the fit into the story without taking over the entire story is a challenge, and one I like to take on. It's not jus Nanoha either, there are Keroko's in Shana, Mai Otome, Slayers, Negima, heck even pokemon (dog-type trainer main pokemon are Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon and Arcanine).
I'm the same
There's pretty much a Koji, Yui and Maren for almost every anime/game I saw and like
Though in some cases, Koji and Yui have different names

~~~~

About BreakerS...still working on a few things
I'll try to post it soon

Also...what's with the talk about the OC channel?
Old 2008-05-03, 09:59   Link #24037
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yeah I tried not to contradict anything we see or know in canon while still extrapolating to bulk out scanning magic and the "electronic battlefield" as it where. Basically I wanted to make it something more complex then "activate generic scan to see enemy". At the same time since since the Manga mentions that the Belkan style (or at least Neo) tends to focus on forming effects on or near the user it's probably something Mid is pretty much just better at which also helps with me wanting to differentiate the two a bit more.
True. Simply saying Mid is better at 'long range magic' is a bit bland.

Quote:
Acutally they do maybe that wasn’t really that clear, but the “spells” were really more about the various classes of jamming and how they worked overall then the targets basiclly jamming can target any sort of signal it’s more about how you do it then what it’s targeting (since it’s all jamming). You can target the various sorts of jamming on scans, communications, guidance, etc. The problem is somewhat that listing every little thing it could do would make the list huger then it already is… Some editing is probably going to happen (this is basiclly a somewhat polished draft.) but to some extent I decided to sort of just outline it a bit here and get into the real specifics in the story.

Just like how I didn't list the probably dozen plus sub-sets of each overarching scan type like IR, RADAR, LIDAR, etc. More specifics are talked about when they acutally come up in the plot but in the profile it's sort of enough to say "she can do these sorts of scans over ALLOT of the spectrum".
Noted. And I may use this when I get to writing a more tactical fight with Tesla. Granted, since she is a Belkan knight (and an Ancient Belkan knight at that) she won't be using the exact same skills, but the basics of jamming shouldn't have been a stranger to Belka.

Quote:
Several it was only mentioned becasue such an incident was already planned... Luckily for the intended victims she's acutally good at it.
Lucky for them I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I'm the same
There's pretty much a Koji, Yui and Maren for almost every anime/game I saw and like
Though in some cases, Koji and Yui have different names
Maybe I should poke around in some of the other forums for an OC-thread.

By the way, how heavy a sleeper is Koji? I kinda need this for Uomo's introduction scenario (I'm planning for the two to have been roomies in the academy, Koji's acceptance of everyone makes him the perfect candidate for rooming with a trap).
Old 2008-05-03, 10:17   Link #24038
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I'm gone for a day and the place gets invaded and attacked.

Do I need to come down on someone with rightious anger?

Old 2008-05-03, 10:25   Link #24039
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

If I knew anything at all about hacking, I'd trace this guy back to his IP address and get medieval on his ass. But alas, I am merely a poor n00b with no hope of being able to dispense righteous electronic justice...

Quote:
Looks great, TK. A bit wordy for my tastes, but there's definitely stuff I can use with Ciel here.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-03, 10:45   Link #24040
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

@TK: Am reading your 3000 word essay right now, and I'm finding it interesting reading but God the lack of punctuation and stuff argh....

...Tell ya what, how about I take it and clean it up a bit, make it easier to read? <.< Comma here, comma there, adjust spelling abit...

Also, nice profile on Rose *nodnod* And more delicious ideas *nodnod* But darn I'm not sure I could have an EW mage in the OFM... it'd attact too much attention.

Also: Rose is cute. And well-endowned.

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread