AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 20:06   Link #3261
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still the chances of Negi´s mother being Akira is 50-50% I can see it happening that he reveals its someone else.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 21:57   Link #3262
Iromaru

So Negi won? I don't know what to think about that... This fight was very good for shounen standards, but I still think it's the worst part of the whole MSN manga.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 22:14   Link #3263
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
So Negi won? I don't know what to think about that... This fight was very good for shounen standards, but I still think it's the worst part of the whole MSN manga.
Just because he won doesnt mean he suprassed him, he just sorta pinned him down for 20 secs thats all.
Old 2009-04-12, 23:00   Link #3264
ChronoReverse

And only after using a specific trap that he spent the entire fight setting up which would only work on Rakan. Plus he has the protection layer from the pactio (Negi wouldn't be able to take similar damage after the battle). Nor would he have the artifact that allowed him to force the circumstances like this either.

So yeah.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:18   Link #3265
BerryDoyle

Quote:
honestly the general populace of the negima verse has been abnormal since the beginning. As noted Chisame from the beginning of the series when you have robots for classmates and no one cares the world isn't quite normal.
Of any manga/anime, really. I mean, look at Sailor Moon. They change into clothing that is only slightly different than their normal outfit, and nobody recognizes them. It is law #46 of the Laws of Anime: The Law of Flimsy Incognition.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:18   Link #3266
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont think that Rakan will avoid telling him, since Rakan told him if he won he would.
Never trust Rakan. It would be more surprising if he actually kept to his word, but since this manga isn't written by M. Night Shyamalan, I wouldn't count on it.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 03:18   Link #3267
magister of light

well now that the fightin has wrapped up, im still wondering how ken-sensei is going to bring back Yue into the group since they've praticly forgot about her.
magister of light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 03:55   Link #3268
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

That reminds me, Yue was on the bounty list too.

How come the Valkyrie squad recognized Negi but not Yue? It's not like Yue had any form of disguise.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 05:18   Link #3269
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

several things ... for starters, she showed up on campus before the list went public ... futhermore Collet have covered for her claiming that she is her cousin ... and with her ammisia any mind reading abilities they might sercetly have been using would fail, telling them that she aren't involved (under the assumption that you can't mindread stuff people don't remember) ... lastly ... she's a hell of a good student on the school and they'd be wary of writing off one of their most brilliant, fast learning students

and well ... i wouldn't say they've forgotten about her ... Negi 'knows' (eventhough he might not be aware and/or sure about it) that she's around and fairly safe so mentally they allow it to take a backseat untill they have time for it and fixed the slaving problem

But i can see them gaining her back with her battle patrol, intercepting a battle between Fate and Negi finding out, making it a Melee A Trois between the Valkyrie, Fate+girls and Ala Alba ... with some of the noncombat parts of Ala Alba convincing the valkyries about an allience ... with Seras and/or Theodora chiming in supporting the allience and or spilling the beans about different stuff supporting the case
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:39   Link #3270
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Still the chances of Negi´s mother being Akira is 50-50% I can see it happening that he reveals its someone else.
It's Arika, not Akira.
Old 2009-04-13, 16:53   Link #3271
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
It's Arika, not Akira.
I know, just spelled the wrong name and never changed it, so many animes and mangas im watching and reading that have so many common names like Akira, Arika, Akiha for exemple.
Old 2009-04-13, 20:29   Link #3272
magister of light

i wonder how they'll react to yue having such a power boost i mean she use to be one of the weaker group members but now she can fend off a dragon (with help of course)
magister of light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:45   Link #3273
Xacual

Even with her power boost, she is still one of the weaker members. I mean everyone has gone up a notch in this arc after all. The best thing about Yue leveling up is that there is finally another range caster other then Negi for the party(I know they all have range spells but most everyone else is melee, even Negi now).

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 21:49   Link #3274
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Reason Negi became Magic swordsman was because of Kotoro and he didint like the fact everyone was saying he was weak, because he had girls protecting him all the time lol.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:03   Link #3275
ChronoReverse

Huh. The translation shows that it isn't even clear if Rakan was counted out yet or not. Stupid Rakan, so broken it's not even funny.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 23:47   Link #3276
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister of light View Post
well now that the fightin has wrapped up, im still wondering how ken-sensei is going to bring back Yue into the group since they've praticly forgot about her.
A lot of people have been forgotten, and not just by the characters. Like, say, Asuna (and Anya). And Takamichi and Mana (HELLO, it's been almost 100 chapters since we saw them arrive!). Unless, of course, something's been done with that stuff in the chapters since I stopped reading the updates. When it became clear that SOMEONE had decided to do another pointless, time-wasting, unimportant, multi-chapter fight scene, I figured there was no point in me wasting my time each week with this stuff. Once I find out that our esteemed writer/artist has bothered to return to something that matters, I'll go read all the chapters from where I stopped up until then.

No no, I'm not BITTER about having my emotions dragged out for MONTHS waiting, whatever gave you that idea?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:15   Link #3277
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont know about you, but im loving it I just cant wait for my Negi fix this week lol.
Old 2009-04-15, 04:55   Link #3278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
That reminds me, Yue was on the bounty list too.

How come the Valkyrie squad recognized Negi but not Yue? It's not like Yue had any form of disguise.
Yue is under the protection of her school, if I recall. Though you're right, it's a plothole at the moment seeing how nobody seems to recognize her as a wanted criminal.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:30   Link #3279
Xacual

Well the Leader of the that school / order of knights is on Negi's side. If anything though I find it odd that she didn't connect the dots and realize this mysterious girl with no memory, showed up around the same time Negi and them did, and also she has a pactio with someone, but didn't think of her being part of Negi's group. I think that is much more of a convenient plothole.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 06:49   Link #3280
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I do find it also weird I was like okei they recognize Negi of the bat when they saw him, but not Yui? I mean it would make sense if the Leader of the school or Negi´s ally was hiding that fact she was wanted by removing her bounty of the bounty list at the Order of Knights most wanted or something.

Tags
action, fantasy