AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-31, 16:55   Link #141
djc89

There has to be a second season just because they mention a sequel to Adventures of Mikuru. ^_^...
Old 2006-05-31, 16:57   Link #142
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

One thing I noticed in this episode: we really get to see the influence Kyon is beginning to have on Haruhi. She had to get him out of the room before she would start "playing" with Mikuru. She said it was because he was annoying, but I suspect it is because she really cares what he thinks. She also put a coat on him and asked him to share an umbrella.

I liked the character development in this episode. Even if it was a little more boring than the rest, not every episode can be spectacular in a series. 7/10
Old 2006-05-31, 17:12   Link #143
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I think if every episode of a series was presented on a knife-edge with bangs and exposions and stuff all over the shop, things would get annoying fairly quickly. You need a down to earth slightly less impressive episode every now and then to keep things fresh.
Old 2006-05-31, 17:45   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The reason why loud bands get boring quickly is that there's no dynamic -- loud is much more impressive if jacketed by quiet bits --- even AC/DC knew that

I'm hopeful because if Negima can "rise from the dead" so can Haruhi get a second season. They're selling the novels as fast as they can print them now, the DVDs will be key (I may actually buy R2s instead of waiting for R1 this time), and where are those figures, eh?
Old 2006-05-31, 18:41   Link #145
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I've never bought figures before, but this could be the first time Tsuruyu and Mikuru most likely being the first
Old 2006-05-31, 19:23   Link #146
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

I came up with a dumb thought. I was thinking what if Kyon was the reason for all this and not Haruhi? In the prologue he says he wouldn't mind just being the sidekick, so what if he subconciously made Haruhi so he could be the sidekick without knowing he really is the one with the power. Haruhi still has power because he gave her power. I know its dumb but atleast I tried.
Old 2006-05-31, 19:25   Link #147
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
I'm kind of sad after watching this episode. It was truly enjoyable and as many people said Haruhi's actions towards the end made it one of the best episodes of the series (if not the best), but now I feel like it is over when I still have more to watch. I've yet to see the merit in presenting the episodes in this fashion. I would have preferred viewing them chronologically, though of course when I see a new torrent I rush to download it and watch it... No self control.
Spoiler for My two cents on viewing order:
Old 2006-05-31, 20:03   Link #148
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1
I came up with a dumb thought. I was thinking what if Kyon was the reason for all this and not Haruhi? In the prologue he says he wouldn't mind just being the sidekick, so what if he subconciously made Haruhi so he could be the sidekick without knowing he really is the one with the power. Haruhi still has power because he gave her power. I know its dumb but atleast I tried.
This has already been seriously speculated in the other threads and such.. some of us think that it's so.
Old 2006-05-31, 21:29   Link #149
SGSeries2

Quote:
what if Kyon was the reason for all this and not Haruhi?
I haven't read much of the forums outside of the discussions/polls of the episodes themselves. I don't remember coming across this idea yet, and I think it's a very intriguing proposition, and it would seem to fit the story as I understand it so far rather well. I'm not sure if I would have ever come to that conclusion by myself unless I have some guidance, but there are clues that would back up this possibility. Glad you brought this to my attention. It adds a whole new dimension. (Just what we need. )

The only thing I see against it is exactly where, or more precisely, when, did this all happen? As I recall, Itsuki and/or Yuki suggested that all of this started 3 years ago from when all of them met... they just started high school, and I thought that's when Kyon said he finally let it all go. Even though why or how they know all of this is still up in the air, as far as the anime is concerned from what we've seen so far.

Maybe I'm wrong and/or I'm just missing something or there's something we haven't been told. Maybe Kyon just subconsciously put in that filler info about Haruhi just so the world makes a little sense; that she didn't just come out of nowhere, but such nonsense wouldn't matter, would it? lol... Or, maybe it's Haruhi who created Kyon who created Haruhi. Alright, I'll stop now. I'm sure this has been beaten to death.
Old 2006-05-31, 21:33   Link #150
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Ontology, general threads even the translation threads are decent reads to reach your your verdict on the subject matter. (although heavy on spoiler of course)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-31, 21:46   Link #151
SGSeries2

Ah, yes, metaphysics. Gotta love it.
(Naturally speaking as someone with a minor in philosophy. )
Old 2006-05-31, 22:23   Link #152
superzombie23

I thought this episode was just as unique as the others. The dreaded 3 mins to me was not that bad. After the pronunciation excercises, they start saying random quotes from various anime according to the subs. Me being a heavy anime watcher, they definitely sounded familiar. I think one of them might be from GTO. One of the others quotes I definitely recognized was from Battle Athletes: Victory. There is no mistaking it... and recognizing those sayings are what made those 3 mins funny lol...
Old 2006-05-31, 22:33   Link #153
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Yes, i noticed that too, im glad Afk sub them , its funny when the radio actually called out to Yuki, but typically got no reaction. lol.
Old 2006-06-01, 01:16   Link #154
Devin

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-01, 01:20   Link #155
Knavinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin
Spoiler:
One of them is hers, and the other is Yuki's.
Old 2006-06-01, 06:08   Link #156
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Yes, i noticed that too, im glad Afk sub them , its funny when the radio actually called out to Yuki, but typically got no reaction. lol.
No, yuki was actually listening to the radio and reading at the same time, she did have a reaction at the end lol. Probably the perverted conversation did grab her attention and tilted her head lol.

At first, watching the raw was enough to let me give the episode more than just 10. After watching the sub, I think the episode does deserve more than 10 lol

The episode was beautiful, in overall package and presentation. I can only say I love it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-01, 08:16   Link #157
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knavinusa
One of them is hers, and the other is Yuki's.
Maybe I missed a hint, but how are we sure it's Yuki's? Wasn't it left unclear?

I'm prepared to admit I didn't catch something.
Old 2006-06-01, 08:32   Link #158
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I was wondering something about Tsuruya, specifically whether we'll see any more of her in future episodes.

For what it's worth, I read spoilers and read whatever's been translated in the Haruhi Novel Translation Wiki, but that's about all, so my knowledge is somewhat patchwork.

Spoiler for Novel Knowledge:

Ah well. If nothing else, I can keep following the novel translations for my Tsuruya fix.
Old 2006-06-01, 08:42   Link #159
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai
Maybe I missed a hint, but how are we sure it's Yuki's? Wasn't it left unclear?

I'm prepared to admit I didn't catch something.
It's possible it's Mikuru's, but Yuki was the one in the room with kyon when he fell asleep. Plus, Mikuru probably wouldn't have been in the room without Haruhi, so she wouldn't have had a chance to put her's over kyon. If she tried it, Haruhi would have just gotten jealous and stopped her.
Old 2006-06-01, 09:18   Link #160
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Personally I believe it was Yuki's as well, but I just thought of something weird lol.

You see, when Kyon took off Haruhi's cardigan, I thought it looked really small compared to the other cardigan underneath.

Big cardigan? doesn't look like it belongs to any of the petit girls in SOS dan. Who else can it be?

Itsuki's.

edit:
Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-01 at 10:00.
Closed Thread