Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-13, 18:35   Link #201
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Totally off-topic, but I have 4 of the japanese Karaoke Revolution games. I would not recommend buying them if you do not have experience with real japanese karaoke booths, because it's exactly the same. Go try out a karaoke booth and see if you like it/can handle it first ^^

If you live near NYC I can tell you the locations of some really good ones. Oh, and to answer your question, if you can't speed-read katakana/hiragana and read kanji you won't be able to follow the lyrics.

-Tofu
oh..is that so...thx
My little sis might ask me to buy it anyway, and probably use the Romaji lyrics (found in web), print it then sing.
I heard there is a trick. You just have to sing loudly and a simple "wah-wah-wah" works. Just make the timing right.

Anyway, Shura no Toki ep. 15 is a talker.
And like the past episode, its sort of a cliffhanger.
But this Mutsu-guy eyes is weird. Maybe he was just drawn bad.

Feels like Mutsu men seems to like "manly women/tomboys".
Cuz' there's another one in this episode.

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-07-13 at 18:56.
Old 2004-07-13, 20:55   Link #202
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
oh..is that so...thx
My little sis might ask me to buy it anyway, and probably use the Romaji lyrics (found in web), print it then sing.
I heard there is a trick. You just have to sing loudly and a simple "wah-wah-wah" works. Just make the timing right.

Anyway, Shura no Toki ep. 15 is a talker.
And like the past episode, its sort of a cliffhanger.
But this Mutsu-guy eyes is weird. Maybe he was just drawn bad.

Feels like Mutsu men seems to like "manly women/tomboys".
Cuz' there's another one in this episode.
Cool! This ep Izumi Mutsu met Ryouma Sakamoto, the next strong samurai to be in match. And already too, they met Souji Okita, one of Mibu brothers of Shinsengumi. This Okita is different from long hair effeminate version from Peacemaker Kurogane.
Old 2004-07-14, 20:24   Link #203
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Just watched 14....
Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-07-15, 02:58   Link #204
Tommy
Mr. Prince

14 was really good. And it looks to have wraped up the second arc. Which means the whose more of a badass discussion can begin Yakumo or Takato!
Old 2004-07-15, 03:34   Link #205
tsadi

just watched 14 again, the subbed one this time, and it was amazing!

i really should speed up studying japanese, but i can only absorb 1 Pimsleur lesson a day.
Old 2004-07-15, 04:39   Link #206
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsadi
just watched 14 again, the subbed one this time, and it was amazing!

i really should speed up studying japanese, but i can only absorb 1 Pimsleur lesson a day.
Hey, another Pimsleur student.

Shura no Toki isn't all that hard to understand though, even if you don't know any Japanese. It's a fairly straightforward martial-arts series.
Old 2004-07-15, 06:07   Link #207
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
14 was really good. And it looks to have wraped up the second arc. Which means the whose more of a badass discussion can begin Yakumo or Takato!

I kinda like Yakumo more than Takato. Yakumo just seems like a MUCH nicer person.

Old 2004-07-15, 10:23   Link #208
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
I kinda like Yakumo more than Takato. Yakumo just seems like a MUCH nicer person.

....which is why he would probably lose out in the "whose more of a badass" competition.

Takato all the way!! :fingers:

Plus Tsubasa, his lover is a kick arse Ninja fighter, much more sexy and cooler then Yakumo whimpy Iori who carries around a sword but doesn't know how to use it....
Old 2004-07-15, 11:58   Link #209
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I feel that Yakumo has a lot more class though. Maybe it's because he smiles all the time

Old 2004-07-15, 12:26   Link #210
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I like them both although I like takato better since he doesn't hide his powers. but you have to admit Takato ended up with a hotter chick
Old 2004-07-15, 16:58   Link #211
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I was going to say Yakumo until we saw that fight. Juubei has been compared to Musashi and Takato beat Juubei without having to use a sword to deflect his strike as Yakumo did with Musashi.

Although Musashi is widely regarded as the best Samurai in Japan's history.

So... It's kind of a toss-up, but I think Takato is colder and more likely to win.

I'd like to see a Mutsu vs Mutsu fight though. Can we get some feuding twin brothers or something?
Old 2004-07-15, 20:30   Link #212
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I'd like to see a Mutsu vs Mutsu fight though. Can we get some feuding twin brothers or something?
Funny you would say that because there's a Mutsu vs Mutsu fight in the manga (volume 14 - Nobunaga arc). Twin brother (Komahiko vs Torahiko) fight to see who's stronger and to settle their differences. Winner succeeds the family name.

The bad news is this is not cover in the anime. We can hope for a second season but the chances are pretty slim...
Old 2004-07-15, 21:46   Link #213
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I was going to say Yakumo until we saw that fight. Juubei has been compared to Musashi and Takato beat Juubei without having to use a sword to deflect his strike as Yakumo did with Musashi.

Although Musashi is widely regarded as the best Samurai in Japan's history.

So... It's kind of a toss-up, but I think Takato is colder and more likely to win.

The difference is that Musashi uses twin swords while Juubei uses only one. So even if the Mutsu evades one sword for Musashi, he still has the other one to avoid.

Old 2004-07-16, 07:58   Link #214
tsadi

Quote:
The difference is that Musashi uses twin swords while Juubei uses only one. So even if the Mutsu evades one sword for Musashi, he still has the other one to avoid.
exactly! which is why i think Yakumo is more badass.

also, i think that between Musashi and Juubei, Musashi will win.
Old 2004-07-16, 09:38   Link #215
a_nevels666

Quote:
2 swords are not neccesarily better than 1.

When you use 2 swords, you hold each sword with one hand only so there is less power behind them.
Old 2004-07-16, 11:09   Link #216
DukeGaladrien
Hopeless Baseball Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to DukeGaladrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666

When you use 2 swords, you hold each sword with one hand only so there is less power behind them.
Yes there is less power behind them, but the versatility they offer will more than make up for that if you are skilled enough with dual swords. The issue with dual swords is that it is a lot harder to master using them than it is with just one.
Old 2004-07-16, 12:49   Link #217
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666

But there's an optimum level of power required only. More than that and it would just be wastage. Not to mention it's against an unarmed opponent where versatility will probably be a lot more useful than outright strength. I mean, as it is, with Juubei or Musashi behind the strike, if the sword cut even lands properly, it's going to be hard and deep enough to cut the guy badly even if they use 1 or 2 hands.

Old 2004-07-16, 14:52   Link #218
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
Dude, ep 14 was one hell of a fight.
He finally identified his self.
And I think he wil teach Tsubura the mutsu techniques, cus she got potential to be the next generation of the shura's.
Old 2004-07-16, 16:05   Link #219
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, I fully agree. Especially since she's already carrying that name in a way.

Also, WTH was up with Jubei? They said he died 16 years after the fight with Takato (sp?), and my guess is he's about mid 20's when he fights Takato. That would put his death at his late 30's, early 40's. I was to understand that he lived to something like 70yrs old kinda like Musashi. Or am I mistaken on that?
Old 2004-07-16, 17:53   Link #220
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Well, I fully agree. Especially since she's already carrying that name in a way.

Also, WTH was up with Jubei? They said he died 16 years after the fight with Takato (sp?), and my guess is he's about mid 20's when he fights Takato. That would put his death at his late 30's, early 40's. I was to understand that he lived to something like 70yrs old kinda like Musashi. Or am I mistaken on that?
So what, he didn't secretly have 2 eyes either. This show just throws some historic characters in for fun.

Hell, it's not even 100% sure if Juubei ever really existed.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-07-17 at 06:20.
Closed Thread