AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-14, 19:23   Link #10221
Javani

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Hell, TatsuyaXAnyone is just about nonexistent due to his circumstances, so I don't really understand why people are trying to find evidence of his pairings at all.
I didn't say otherwise.
The relationship Brother / Sister is the only developed relationship (certainly one of the best I've seen in a LN) But for me there is no possible romantic relationships with Tatsuya. I don't really understand this shipping wars in MKnR.
Old 2014-02-14, 19:30   Link #10222
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
I do not think it means what you think it means.
I know what it means

Quote:
Hell, TatsuyaXAnyone is just about nonexistent due to his circumstances, so I don't really understand why people are trying to find evidence of his pairings at all.

Instead, it would be more interesting to find out who has feelings for him.
Miyuki
Honoka
Erika
Mayumi
Angelina
Shizuku(?)

Not to mention a majority of the female Nine School competitors' are pretty grateful towards him...

Such a boss.
Thats we're doing....#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Erika's the girl that gets shipped with a lot of characters in Hahouka, IMHO

-We have the obvious choice of Leo, considering how those two interact as foils to each other. In many cases Tatsuya make fun of this pairing as well, such as when those two went training during the Vampire arc.

-Mikihiko, the childhood friend, who knows Erika quite well. He also often play support for Erika when things get tough (again, Vampire Arc when those two team up at first). Mikihiko cares about Erika as well, considering he asked Tatsuya to keep an eye out for the Rozen family in case they try to go after her during the Double 7 arc.

-Finally, there's Tatsuya himself. Like-minded individuals in what they perceive Magicians to be and how to act as one. Also plenty of scenes together (eg 1st arc with him showing her around the school). Though IMO Tatsuya's out of Erika's league

You said it Flere
Tatsuya is too borish for Erika#! Thats why shes the one who makes trouble for him
Dont forget shes a major bro-con too

Quote:
I didn't say otherwise.
The relationship Brother / Sister is the only developed relationship (certainly one of the best I've seen in a LN) But for me there is no possible romantic relationships with Tatsuya. I don't really understand this shipping wars in MKnR.
Well I like KirinoXKyousuke tho~
Shipping is what makes you use your imagination; In Miyuki's case you dont need to imagine cuz you already know what you're gonna get!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-02-14, 19:35   Link #10223
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

What has happened in this thread?
Old 2014-02-14, 19:38   Link #10224
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
What has happened in this thread?
No topic so we went to shipping war again#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-14, 19:47   Link #10225
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
No topic so we went to shipping war again#!
What about a hundred and one ways to use Decomposition Magic?

I have one...Decomposition of space to create a wormhole to achieve teleportation.

1 down
100 to go....
Old 2014-02-14, 19:58   Link #10226
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
What about a hundred and one ways to use Decomposition Magic?

I have one...Decomposition of space to create a wormhole to achieve teleportation.

1 down
100 to go....
space has Edios Structure?

p.s. how about magic and space travelling or turning Mars/Moon in to livable planet?
Old 2014-02-14, 20:09   Link #10227
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javani View Post
I didn't say otherwise.
To but it lightly, it's the authors fault. He excels at writing truly interesting characters, as well as giving incredibly entertaining dialogue between them.

He has combined this with what is the most deadly possible shipping bait: Tatsuya can not fall in love with anyone. Even his feelings towards Miyuki, the most obvious pairing, are literally described as unable to be anything but brotherly love.

Incidentally, do not think about white elephants. Guess what you just thought about? Works the same way here: Tatsuya can't fall in love, so everyone looks for love (or at least attraction) in his every action towards a girl.
Old 2014-02-14, 20:20   Link #10228
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
space has Edios Structure?

p.s. how about magic and space travelling or turning Mars/Moon in to livable planet?
Everything in the world of Mahouka is nothing more than information structures...Information structures are made of eidos, and Tatsuya can decompose anything that has edios....Teleportation with decomposition is plausible....
Old 2014-02-14, 20:23   Link #10229
Rasen

Quote:
I know what it means
Then you used it wrong.

"SomeoneXSomeone" means that they have ROMANTIC feelings for each other (Friendly doesn't cut it). "Canon" means it's an OFFICIAL pairing. At the moment, TatsuyaXANYONE is non-canon because of his gimped emotions, but Miyuki is the closest by about the entire racetrack. (Honoka's the next closest, and that's because he KNOWS she loves him, and he feels guilty that he is incapable of returning the emotion. Guilt for Erika/Shizuku = jack diddly squat)

Erika may be attracted to Tatsuya, but Tatsuya (so far) only likes her as a friend who he will kill to protect the orders of the Yotsuba.

At most, it's Erika > Tatsuya.

You can talk about "hidden signs" all you want, but the author has no idea what "subtle" means. This author is as subtle as Hideyuki Kikuchi (of Vampire Hunter D). "Miyuki is the mostest beautifulest persons in all the land, so beautiful that other girls can't get jealous, they'll even turn at least bi-sexual!" "Tatsuya may have no emotions, but even HE thinks she's just about the most adorable perfect person in the world, who he would do anything and kill anyone for."

(The reason I bring up Vampire Hunter D: "When D faced a copy of himself, it was like the world would collapse, unable to sustain so much beauty." ) *gags*

Support whoever you want: that's the privilege of being a fan. But the romantic underdog in manga/anime NEVER wins, especially those for who you have to DIG for "hidden signs."

Last edited by Rasen; 2014-02-14 at 20:49.
Old 2014-02-14, 22:12   Link #10230
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Then you used it wrong.

"SomeoneXSomeone" means that they have ROMANTIC feelings for each other (Friendly doesn't cut it). "Canon" means it's an OFFICIAL pairing. At the moment, TatsuyaXANYONE is non-canon because of his gimped emotions, but Miyuki is the closest by about the entire racetrack. (Honoka's the next closest, and that's because he KNOWS she loves him, and he feels guilty that he is incapable of returning the emotion. Guilt for Erika/Shizuku = jack diddly squat)

Erika may be attracted to Tatsuya, but Tatsuya (so far) only likes her as a friend who he will kill to protect the orders of the Yotsuba.

You can talk about "hidden signs" all you want, but the author has no idea what "subtle" means. This author is as subtle as Hideyuki Kikuchi (of Vampire Hunter D). "Miyuki is the mostest beautifulest persons in all the land, so beautiful that other girls can't get jealous, they'll even turn at least bi-sexual!" "Tatsuya may have no emotions, but even HE thinks she's just about the most adorable perfect person in the world, who he would do anything and kill anyone for."

(The reason I bring up Vampire Hunter D: "When D faced a copy of himself, it was like the world would collapse, unable to sustain so much beauty." ) *gags*

Support whoever you want: that's the privilege of being a fan. But the romantic underdog in manga/anime NEVER wins, especially those for who you have to DIG for "hidden signs."
I agree with this, the author has been pretty blunt about the pairings, and the underdog almost never wins in ln/anime/manga, so if you have to look for subtle/hidden signs to prove the pairings, its not happening. Besides which, its impossible for tats to end up with anyone, he simply has no feelings for that sort of thing.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-15 at 02:58.
Old 2014-02-14, 23:34   Link #10231
Hokoga

Quote:

Instead, it would be more interesting to find out who has feelings for him.
Miyuki
Honoka
Erika
Mayumi
Angelina
Shizuku(?)

Not to mention a majority of the female Nine School competitors' are pretty grateful towards him...

Such a boss.
I think Shizuku secretly(or not aware) likes Tatsuya,
She brags about him to her parents to the point were they are like "who the hell is this guy"
Spoiler for Volume 12:

After Tatsuya gets into a quarrel(?) with Shizuku's mom, she ends up apologizing to him not once but twice.

From Shizuku's own personal dialog(back in the USNA)‎ we know that she's always comparing other guys to Tatsuya and they always come up short in her comparisons.

She had no problem appearing late at night(on her side) on Tatsuya's home monitor wearing her revealing pajamas(although she may have been drunk)
Spoiler for Volume 10:

Judging from the rest of that phone call, it kinda feels like she just wanted to listen to him talk.
(I'm not shipping, I'm just noting what I seen so far from Shizuku.)

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-02-14 at 23:51.
Old 2014-02-14, 23:43   Link #10232
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
I think Shizuku secretly(or not aware) likes Tatsuya,
She brags about him to her parents to the point were they are like "who the hell is this guy"
After Tatsuya gets into a quarrel(?) with Shizuku's mom, she ends up apologizing to him not once but twice.

From Shizuku's own personal dialog(back in the USNA)‎ we know that she's always comparing other guys to Tatsuya and they always come up short in her comparisons.

She had no problem appearing late at night(on her side) on Tatsuya's home monitor wearing her revealing pajamas(although she may have been drunk)
Judging from the rest of that phone call, it kinda feels like she just wanted to listen to him talk.
(I'm not shipping, I'm just noting what I seen so far from Shizuku.)
Haha I just remembered about that phone call.

That was the one where she asked Tatsuya to "praise her more" right?
Old 2014-02-14, 23:51   Link #10233
Hokoga

Quote:
Haha I just remembered about that phone call.

That was the one where she asked Tatsuya to "praise her more" right?
yep, that part made me laugh cause it's so uncharacteristic of her.
Old 2014-02-15, 01:39   Link #10234
Echizen777

Hi guys. I finally decided to stop lurking because of this shipping war.

Erika's discussion with Mizuki in the Visitor arc made it clear that she loves Tatsuya, it was hinted but we never really had a confirmation. She is paired with Leo but she doesn't love him and Leo doesn't care about romance. Among all the persons in his group of friends, Erika is the person who seems to understand him the most and he is interacting more with her than the others lately. I have the impression the story is becoming more Erika-focused and with the development that Tatsuya showed lately I am pretty surprised when I read he could kill his friends if he received orders just like that.

But it's clear than he can't fall in love and even his love for Miyuki is brotherly love, if Miyuki wasn't such a brocon they wouldn't even look like lovers sometime. So, I think that even if Tatsuya can't fall in love, the other girls have more chances than Miyuki because his feelings for Miyuki are the purest form of brotherly love.

For Honoka, Mayumi, Lina, Shizuku, Honoka is pretty much Miyuki without the beauty and talent, I think the author made it pretty clear that she has virtually no chances. It's obvious that Mayumi loves him, their relation is good and there is a lot of ship tease between them since volume 3 and even in the last one. Lina loves him, they have a good chemistry, her beauty rivals Miyuki to the point even Tatsuya couldn't stay indifferent, they have a similar background and his behavior towards her even made Miyuki jealous.

Tatsuya will most likely end up alone but the girls with who he has more chances of ending with are Lina, Mayumi and Erika.

I think it would be better to discuss who could have been his love interest if his emotions hadn't been suppressed.

English isn't my mother language so forgive my mistakes.

Sorry for mistakes, English is not my mother language.
Old 2014-02-15, 03:39   Link #10235
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Then you used it wrong.

Lol; the reason I called it hidden because Miyuki is always the light#!Most people only see Miyuki and just tries to browse everything; thats what I do when the author gives physics lesson#!

Tatsuya has already admitted that Erika is quite attractive; has shown he really care about her based on the action he had shown;but still oblivious why he acts that way.

Tatsuya would kill anyone who knows their real identity; thats why he was weary of Mizuki due to his aura might give away his special identity; but he let Erika walk away even though she has already seen through his identity;she even said so herself, why does she care so much?, and stated that even if she ever told someone,Tatsuya would probably forgive her but doesnt want to risk it. so question is why did Tatsuya risk everything he build then let one girl walk away; if anyone beside Erika knew of his identity, he would have killed her in a spot;let say Lina or Mayumi? Do you think Tatsuya would dirty his hands to keep his identity to those two? Answer is yes!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-15, 04:53   Link #10236
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
For Honoka, Mayumi, Lina, Shizuku, Honoka is pretty much Miyuki without the beauty and talent, I think the author made it pretty clear that she has virtually no chances. It's obvious that Mayumi loves him, their relation is good and there is a lot of ship tease between them since volume 3 and even in the last one. Lina loves him, they have a good chemistry, her beauty rivals Miyuki to the point even Tatsuya couldn't stay indifferent, they have a similar background and his behavior towards her even made Miyuki jealous.

Tatsuya will most likely end up alone but the girls with who he has more chances of ending with are Lina, Mayumi and Erika.

I think it would be better to discuss who could have been his love interest if his emotions hadn't been suppressed.

I wonder if Honoka will love other guy.
Actually, i don't want that happen more than Mayumi Katsuto pairing or Erika Leo.
Somehow I feel NTR-ed.
Old 2014-02-15, 05:15   Link #10237
kidswable

Quote:
Lol; the reason I called it hidden because Miyuki is always the light#!Most people only see Miyuki and just tries to browse everything; thats what I do when the author gives physics lesson#!

Tatsuya has already admitted that Erika is quite attractive; has shown he really care about her based on the action he had shown;but still oblivious why he acts that way.

Tatsuya would kill anyone who knows their real identity; thats why he was weary of Mizuki due to his aura might give away his special identity; but he let Erika walk away even though she has already seen through his identity;she even said so herself, why does she care so much?, and stated that even if she ever told someone,Tatsuya would probably forgive her but doesnt want to risk it. so question is why did Tatsuya risk everything he build then let one girl walk away; if anyone beside Erika knew of his identity, he would have killed her in a spot;let say Lina or Mayumi? Do you think Tatsuya would dirty his hands to keep his identity to those two? Answer is yes!
Lina instant death will only result that he is obviously the strategic magician. do you think why yotsuba even go deep to negotiate with the colonel?

and about mayumi from the start tatsuya never want to get close to the "saegusa". remember, who is the one who want to disturb tatsuya so much?

anyway, I think Lina(Angie Sirius aka USNA stategic magician, in a mission to find nuclear magician) and Mayumi(saegusa clan obviously) aftermath if they are killed are far outweight erika(chiba clan and not officially recognized as rozen)

sorry for bad english
Old 2014-02-15, 05:31   Link #10238
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post
Lina instant death will only result that he is obviously the strategic magician. do you think why yotsuba even go deep to negotiate with the colonel?

and about mayumi from the start tatsuya never want to get close to the "saegusa". remember, who is the one who want to disturb tatsuya so much?

anyway, I think Lina(Angie Sirius aka USNA stategic magician, in a mission to find nuclear magician) and Mayumi(saegusa clan obviously) aftermath if they are killed are far outweight erika(chiba clan and not officially recognized as rozen)

sorry for bad english
The usna havent theorized that the unregistered strategic magician is tied with the Yotsuba yet; they only know that the Yotsuba/Japan wants to stay as friendly as they were. If they know Lina found the strategic magician she was order to kill if none complaint, do you think Tatsuya would comply in exchange for his freedom/continues surveillance? Even the 101 battalion doesnt want to go over that borderline due to Tatsuya might rebel against them!

Yea the aftermath would be hazardous but do you think that can stop Tatsuya? He would even kill his aunt to achieve his freedom with Miyuki and his friends.

I agree that Lina/Mayumi far outweigh Erika's value;but still Tatsuya considers Erika as more than friends; Tatsuya is weary of Mizuku knowing his abilities and identity,she is his friend too, what made Erika different to Mizuki that Erika was allowed to see mist dispersal,elemental sight,regrowth,flash cast, Miyukis cocytus and their identity?

Erika had already seen through everything(except for material burst); if I were Tatsuya I would have killed her the moment she saw through his elemental sight. To both Tatsuya and Erika, killing isnt an issue;rather its a part of their normal life. Do you think Tatsuya would hesitate to kill another one?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-15, 05:44   Link #10239
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Hi guys. I finally decided to stop lurking because of this shipping war.

Erika's discussion with Mizuki in the Visitor arc made it clear that she loves Tatsuya, it was hinted but we never really had a confirmation. She is paired with Leo but she doesn't love him and Leo doesn't care about romance. Among all the persons in his group of friends, Erika is the person who seems to understand him the most and he is interacting more with her than the others lately. I have the impression the story is becoming more Erika-focused and with the development that Tatsuya showed lately I am pretty surprised when I read he could kill his friends if he received orders just like that.

But it's clear than he can't fall in love and even his love for Miyuki is brotherly love, if Miyuki wasn't such a brocon they wouldn't even look like lovers sometime. So, I think that even if Tatsuya can't fall in love, the other girls have more chances than Miyuki because his feelings for Miyuki are the purest form of brotherly love.

I am still a firm believer that the Shiba Siblings is a package deal.

Anyone who would marry Tatsuya would also have Miyuki.

Tatsuya would obey any orders that Miyuki gives. Do you guys honestly thing that Miyuki would let Tatsuya go?

I think that for Tatsuya to marry another girl, Miyuki would need to approve of her, and that girl should have an open mind in Miyuki joining them in bed and in other spousely activity.

But that's just me....
Old 2014-02-15, 05:45   Link #10240
kidswable

Quote:
The usna havent theorized that the unregistered strategic magician is tied with the Yotsuba yet; they only know that the Yotsuba/Japan wants to stay as friendly as they were. If they know Lina found the strategic magician she was order to kill if none complaint, do you think Tatsuya would comply in exchange for his freedom/continues surveillance? Even the 101 battalion doesnt want to go over that borderline due to Tatsuya might rebel against them!

Yea the aftermath would be hazardous but do you think that can stop Tatsuya? He would even kill his aunt to achieve his freedom with Miyuki and his friends.

I agree that Lina/Mayumi far outweigh Erika's value;but still Tatsuya considers Erika as more than friends; Tatsuya is weary of Mizuku knowing his abilities and identity,she is his friend too, what made Erika different to Mizuki that Erika was allowed to see mist dispersal,elemental sight,regrowth,flash cast, Miyukis cocytus and their identity?

Erika had already seen through everything(except for material burst); if I were Tatsuya I would have killed her the moment she saw through his elemental sight. To both Tatsuya and Erika, killing isnt an issue;rather its a part of their normal life. Do you think Tatsuya would hesitate to kill another one?
okay, but remember what's number 1 in tatsuya mind, MIYUKI. even if he could kill, he already explain that killing is not the best solution. even if he is godly against the world but what about miyuki's well being? will she become sad or will she become happy that he is known to the world?
and yotsuba, do you think what will happen if they ditch the sibling?

and the threat of mizuki's eye is already explained that her eye level is still not good enough.

and sorry, but until now all I see is that you only trying so hard to ship erika-tatsuya
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings