AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 376 64.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 86 14.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-31, 11:17   Link #401
golthin

Well, add patricide and matricide to the list of sins that LELOUCH has commited. Their reasoning to stop charles was failed. it doesn't matter how well LELOUCH knew his sisters, it would have been better in a new world without war. now imagine how many more people are going to suffer due to geass and the war that is comming. LELOUCH is not rational anymore.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:18   Link #402
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've already been concerned about the direction this show has been going lately, but this episode made it worse. Now I doubt we will see Marianne or CHarles again which makes me pissed in the sense that it seems they just used those two as plot devices to make Lelouch emperor. THis entire show just continues to fall more and more each episode and characters are just being used and tossed away for really pointless and stupid reasons to be honest and character developments are being spat in the face.

7/10
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:18   Link #403
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Spoiler for im confused:
He displayed the lenses-removing hand-motion before geassing the whole court, so we can assume he now wears two lenses!
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:21   Link #404
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Well, add patricide and matricide to the list of sins that LELOUCH has commited. Their reasoning to stop charles was failed. it doesn't matter how well LELOUCH knew his sisters, it would have been better in a new world without war. now imagine how many more people are going to suffer due to geass and the war that is comming. LELOUCH is not rational anymore.
And thats way we love him!

Also we don't really know if Lelouch actually geassed Jupiter, he "made a wish", gained double geass, and Jupiter complied - it didn't follow the typical geass pattern and Charles and Marianne began vanishing, Lelouch seems to have complete mental control over the Sword now, even the ability to kill immortals in it.
Old 2008-08-31, 11:21   Link #405
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
He displayed the lenses-removing hand-motion before geassing the whole court, so we can assume he now wears two lenses!
his contact lens changing speed could be in the would record
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:25   Link #406
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I've already been concerned about the direction this show has been going lately, but this episode made it worse. Now I doubt we will see Marianne or CHarles again which makes me pissed in the sense that it seems they just used those two as plot devices to make Lelouch emperor. THis entire show just continues to fall more and more each episode and characters are just being used and tossed away for really pointless and stupid reasons to be honest and character developments are being spat in the face.

7/10
To be fair the only characters they threw away were never developed. Marianne was never developed beyond being a bitch, this episode confirmed it. Nothing was thrown out, mysteries are only exciting until you know the truth. Charles has always had the Lord Genome/misguided air to him, this episode confirmed it.

Now, their deaths were a bit untimely or sudden, but the characters in general have been kept intact.

Suzaku is back to where he belongs, fighting for Euphemia and Nunally. That is why he is following Lelouch, to make Euphemia's dream a reality.
Lelouch is back to being human, his wish was for tomorrow to come. He is fighting for Nunally's wish.
Kallen is rightfully in limbo, unable to pick between her love and her 'family' and friends.

Now, the pacing, that can go and fuck itself apperantely as this episode had no passing.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:30   Link #407
Harimo Haria

I wonder where's the new thread?
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:31   Link #408
pingva

Lelouch is back to being human - wrong
Lelouch became the DEmon king(C.C. isn't happy,in the last picture of the opening (several episodes) is night and Lelouch with geass in his eye, before there was a day and Lelouch without geass)
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:31   Link #409
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
To be fair the only characters they threw away were never developed. Marianne was never developed beyond being a bitch, this episode confirmed it. Nothing was thrown out, mysteries are only exciting until you know the truth. Charles has always had the Lord Genome/misguided air to him, this episode confirmed it.

Now, their deaths were a bit untimely or sudden, but the characters in general have been kept intact.

Suzaku is back to where he belongs, fighting for Euphemia and Nunally. That is why he is following Lelouch, to make Euphemia's dream a reality.
Lelouch is back to being human, his wish was for tomorrow to come. He is fighting for Nunally's wish.
Kallen is rightfully in limbo, unable to pick between her love and her 'family' and friends.

Now, the pacing, that can go and fuck itself apperantely as this episode had no passing.

I was somewhat rating things on a few of the past episodes as well(basically I was on a rant). I'm not sure I agree with you on Lelouch becoming human, but too eachs own. Anyhow my main comment about this episode was the fact that it seems like so much more should have been done with the whole Charles/Marianne thing, but because of the amount of episodes left they couldn't expand it out more. Honestly thjough I could give two shits about Schneizel(don't know how to spell it). Him being a final boss just doesn't tickle my fancy. It seems like a lame attempt to play off the chess playing symbolicy. However now that they got a lot of the confusing points of the plot out off the way, hopefully the pace slows down and they give off some quality episodes to finish the series off. And unless its something extravegant I doubt I will be impressed.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:51   Link #410
Mr.Mo

Best episode ever 10/10

I loved how Marianne turned out to be a bitch lol. I also loved the ending where he used geass to make ppl loyal to him(FINALLY).

I don't really care for the philosophical aspect of the show cause, to each to their own but the turn of events were awesome.

So Shicnezel is last boss... Hmm..
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:52   Link #411
Narona
Emotionless White Face

IIRc someone said that lelouch did ask C.C. why she hasn't disappeared too

He didn't say that

He asked her "will you come too?" (with him and suzaku)

That's all. Lelouch hasn't said that he hates her or something like that.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:53   Link #412
gabbytay
Banned

Suzaku has finally redeem him self!
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:54   Link #413
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mo View Post
So Shicnezel is last boss... Hmm..
I just hope it isn't Lelouch, if he's the last boss then the anime will end "Death Note" style, w/c I really hate
Old 2008-08-31, 11:57   Link #414
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I was somewhat rating things on a few of the past episodes as well(basically I was on a rant). I'm not sure I agree with you on Lelouch becoming human, but too eachs own. Anyhow my main comment about this episode was the fact that it seems like so much more should have been done with the whole Charles/Marianne thing, but because of the amount of episodes left they couldn't expand it out more. Honestly thjough I could give two shits about Schneizel(don't know how to spell it). Him being a final boss just doesn't tickle my fancy. It seems like a lame attempt to play off the chess playing symbolicy. However now that they got a lot of the confusing points of the plot out off the way, hopefully the pace slows down and they give off some quality episodes to finish the series off. And unless its something extravegant I doubt I will be impressed.
I'd argue that he is human now, because, simply, he's doing everything to change the world into what Nunally and Euphemia wanted it to be. This is why he and Suzaku are now allied. Suzaku would never allow Lelouch to become a demon king. They are doing what they have to to change the world, that much is clear.

The rest, I'll reserve my judgement on, though I agree that they somewhat wasted Marianne. Not so much Charles, but certainly Marianne.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:58   Link #415
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
read the thread till p.8 and decided to give up before I change my mind on this episode

ep.21
- See. I told you Marrianne was on the other side
- Geassing god was.. wtfbbqlolgag
(how the hell did he even pull that? was 2geass really that outrageous? )
- Charles , V.V., C.C., Marriane, Nunnally and Anya past.. need subs.
- 'All Hail Lelouch' 'Knight of Zero' 'Emperor Lelouch'.
- 1month timeskip. Scnizzel, Diethardt. Kallen, Kaguya, BK's. Milly, Rivalz.
(someone hit me )
- palmstrike lv.10

gave it a 9/10. LMAO @ those who gave 1,2,&3
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 12:00   Link #416
Lunarskylar

oy vey, marianne and charles watched one too many episodes of neon genesis evangelion
i wonder if the world was going to turn into soup if lelouch and suzaku didn't rebel

and LMFAOOO!!! AT JIGGLYPUFF-MARIANNE
Old 2008-08-31, 12:02   Link #417
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
read the thread till p.8 and decided to give up before I change my mind on this episode
- Geassing god was.. wtfbbqlolgag
gave it a 9/10. LMAO @ those who gave 1,2,&3
He did say that he will conquer geass and become the king.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 12:04   Link #418
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'd argue that he is human now, because, simply, he's doing everything to change the world into what Nunally and Euphemia wanted it to be. This is why he and Suzaku are now allied. Suzaku would never allow Lelouch to become a demon king. They are doing what they have to to change the world, that much is clear.
Actually, that much isn't clear yet, and I would argue that Suzaku may have gone over to the dark side. They may state their intention is noble (changing the world) but with the kind of powers Lelouch has now and his ethics thrown out the window (he no longer has qualms with geassing people into absolute loyalty), and Suzaku having broken from his ethics as well after the Fleia incident, it's obvious that Lelouch is no longer "the good guy" (though that should have been obvious from the first episode).

The fact that they are taking on the UFN and Schneizel over the next few episodes would indicate as much. But like I said earlier, I'm not expecting swimming lessons in this show.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 12:05   Link #419
vbann

For some reason I dont think the geass story is over just yet. Bismark still has a geass and I dont think that they would give lelouch double geass just to take the throne. Schnesel probably has some role involving the geass.
vbann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 12:07   Link #420
a1047

errr....

I think the last boss must be Schneizel. I still wonder what schneizel true ambition. depend on spoiler really make a sense (but im still trembling, big shock after watch ep21, lelouch become emperor earlier than i though. more than that, with full of evil).

Spoiler for next episode title:

So, dont look if you hate spoiler
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote