AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 03:32   Link #2161
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Sorry seems I've confused you and you missed what I was referring to there, Marcus H.'s has "Should I add Mayoi Neko Overrun! to my plan to watch list" in his signature, and I was just commenting on that for them.
sorry I just read the last part of this entire thread and just thought you were still On-Topic, edited the post

Learned my lesson on to read earlier and earlier posts before I just go into chatting
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:28   Link #2162
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
I think before they fought the Aizen siblings.
If the TVTropes article meant episode 11, Shana just pointed her sword at Yoshida for a second and said she wouldn't give up on Yuuji, there was no yandereness going on. Pretty boring.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:37   Link #2163
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
If the TVTropes article meant episode 11, Shana just pointed her sword at Yoshida for a second and said she wouldn't give up on Yuuji, there was no yandereness going on. Pretty boring.
Well if there was yandereness involved... Then it would put Shana in some trouble if Yuuji found out...
Old 2010-12-22, 06:02   Link #2164
tyciol
*Artist

If she has a yandere side, I think her violence would be directed at Yuuji (just look at how she trains him) rather than Yoshida, albeit her intention could be misinterpreted by flinging the sword around as a digital proxy.

Considering how she um... in episode 19 (not going to put spoilers) I think she puts her duty and the sanctity of life above her love, although the latter seems like a recent aquisition considering her earlier attitudes towards humans (not to mention torches) which left much wanting.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:52   Link #2165
Berlin

Man to be Yuuji has to be ruff but he keeps everythin in perspective and stays positive!
Yuuji Rocks!
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:49   Link #2166
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I am re-watching this season on the english dub. Just wondering about how the Tiriel's hougu practically incapped Shana after one attack.. I don't get what it really worked for, thought it was just to give the brothers some extra power of existence for regenerations and spells.
Old 2011-02-23, 18:22   Link #2167
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Man to be Yuuji has to be ruff but he keeps everythin in perspective and stays positive!
Yuuji Rocks!
Hell yea!!!!!!
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 14:27   Link #2168
Fenel

Shana S1 gets Blu-ray on 22th June.

Quote:
Shakugan no Shana Blu-ray BOX 6/22 31500yen (link). 24 eps. SP/Bonus: Trailers, Shana-tan, Shana-tan returns, Furiagune(probably wrong spelling) & Mariane no nazenani Shana (and SP), non-credit OP & ED, and TV spots. Don't see Eng dubbing or subs but it's Geneon and I think it is a possibility.
Source: allcinema
Fenel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:58   Link #2169
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Dubs?... Hell no...
Old 2011-04-08, 19:48   Link #2170
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Dubs?... Hell no...
I have to agree with SkyFlames here.... Dubs.... Please don't torture me again (dubs are ok, it's just how they dubbed Shakugan no Shana)
Old 2011-04-08, 22:15   Link #2171
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, as is always the case with dubs included on these JP BD boxsets, they'd be an optional feature thrown in at no extra cost (simply because they have them lying around, so "why not"), so people who don't want it can just ignore it. It'd be more of a curiosity inclusion than anything else (I imagine some of the Japanese fans think it's interesting to hear how a show is rendered in other languages, and if it gets a few extra people to buy the set, why not).
Old 2011-04-08, 22:16   Link #2172
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as is always the case with dubs included on these JP BD boxsets, they'd be an optional feature thrown in at no extra cost (simply because they have them lying around, so "why not"), so people who don't want it can just ignore it.
Ah! Glad to hear that relentlessflame, sure brought out a bunch of worries from me
Old 2011-11-30, 21:04   Link #2173
Riamu

This anime is amazing just finished season 1 and im almost done with season 2 *proceeds to keep watching*
Old 2012-05-15, 00:06   Link #2174
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Funimation is soliciting a BD/DVD combo for Season 1 in August. Glad that Shana is gonna be back in print(they confirmed the re-release at AnimeBoston) and I am most definately pre-ordering it. (although I likely won't be watching the Blu-Ray).
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere