Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 15:30   Link #961
Sumeragi
Banned

NSFW
SNAFU
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:30   Link #962
Henshin_Datenshi_Kal

someone please explain the book scene at the end. i didn't get it
Henshin_Datenshi_Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:43   Link #963
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:52   Link #964
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshin_Datenshi_Kal View Post
someone please explain the book scene at the end. i didn't get it
Spoiler:

too much info perhaps?

Last edited by frodonk; 2013-05-11 at 04:50. Reason: Hauu nanodesu
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:56   Link #965
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well maybe you're right , coincidence is pretty common in anime.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:57   Link #966
Clarste
Human

She seemed to recognize the dog too.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 16:32   Link #967
Funkatron
Highly irregular

My thoughts on the show and the last episode. I think that Hikki is actually a nice guy with a mask of indifference. I think he secretly wants to interact with people but doesn't trust himself to get closer to people because he's gotten hurt too many times. When he talked about Yuki's sister, I think he was able to recognize her mask because he wears a similar mask. I think he was actually a bit jealous of hers, which is why he said she was awesome.
I agree with the fact that the conflict was not resolved, just sidestepped. I think there are still unresolved feelings, especially from Yui's side.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 16:47   Link #968
Tenzen12

Damn it! So many posts I have to react (and it's pain with just phone ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
There was no conflict. And there never was. That was kind of the whole point. Hikki told Yui to stop being nice to him if she was doing it out of guilt and since she wasn't there was no reason for her to stop being nice to him. Obviously she was kind of hurt that he thought of her like that, but it never actually changed their situation in any meaningful way.

Hmm... I also think some people took Hikki's monologue way too literally. He said he hates nice girls, but that never meant that he hates Yui. He was actually quite nice to Yui in episode 5. He just hates what they do to him, which is give him false hope. He never once blamed them for it.
Actually I wouldn't say it's so simple. Yui thought it is, but after Hachiman confronted her about her motivation, it got complicated. Was her feelings ready genuine? I thik she were avoiding him cause she weren't sureanyones herself. That's why it weren't anyones fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Honestly,I was kinda disappointed with Episode 6.I thought the conflict between Hiki and Yui would be way more difficult to solve.Sometimes I think that hiki is to soft.He claims that he is such a maverick,but honestly I don't really see any sign of a hardcore maverick.... More like a wanna be maverick.
He IS wannabe maverick. Unlike him those doesn't get hurt. And yes , he indeed care about Yui, or did you thought he "reseted" their relationship with light heart? But if he didn't neither of them could move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Spoiler for How not spoil informations by Tenzen12:
I think you should put such details into spoiler, even if you are not certain about it's credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
That's kind of sad really...
I wonder what exactly. That it weren't in anime? Way how Hikki handled it?
That Yukino accepted? All above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
It was supposed to be foreshadowing on how 8man handles things.
Not really . We already know that our beloved protagonist likes shortcuts and loopholes abusing

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-05-10 at 17:05.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 17:05   Link #969
HandofFate

Yui needs to fix that damn leash or collar of her dog. Dogs just asking to get run over for real.

lol @ the energetic sisters of MC and Yukino
Old 2013-05-10, 20:01   Link #970
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now that even Komachi and Haruno are pretty much shipping HikkiXYukinon, guess I'll join the bandwagon as well. Yukinon was pretty cute getting close to Hikki when Sable was rushing them, plus she did buy that apron that Hikki said that looked good on her. Not to mention Hikki cleared up the misunderstanding between Yukinon and Yui (since they were talking about totally different things), and Yukinon repayed the favor by clearing what Hikki was really trying to say that the end is just the start of another beginning. For two people who's supposed to be totally incompatible, they understand each other pretty well. XD

Plus, I want Hikki to eat his words, claiming he won't date Yukinon even if she was the last girl on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Yui needs to fix that damn leash or collar of her dog. Dogs just asking to get run over for real.
Guess that's why Hikki bought the dog collar

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:44   Link #971
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Yukinon was pretty cute getting close to Hikki when Sable was rushing them, plus she did buy that apron that Hikki said that looked good on her.
Yeah that was pretty cute. I also like how she didn't comment or anything when she buys it like some tsundere characters. She didn't really show her dere side to him but still come up pretty cute at the end

Quote:
Yukinon repayed the favor by clearing what Hikki was really trying to say that the end is just the start of another beginning
Oh? I like your interpretation of that scene.. I never thought about it that way now the scene looks much better than before for me.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:48   Link #972
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not really . We already know that our beloved protagonist likes shortcuts and loopholes abusing
Actually it was foreshadowing.

Spoiler for Explanation of cut scenes purpose in the story:

TL;DR: Basically that cut scene was supposed to hint at 8man's philosophy of social suicide.

By the way, if anyone wants to know about the scenes that were cut from this episode just read below. Most of it isn't vital to the story, just fun scenes that would have been enjoyable to see; I doubt they will spoil anything but I'll post them in spoiler tags anyway.

Spoiler for Scenes that were in the light novel that did not make it into the anime.:

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2013-05-10 at 21:08.
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:52   Link #973
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
Actually it was foreshadowing.

Spoiler for Explanation of cut scenes purpose in the story:

TL;DR: Basically that cut scene was supposed to hint at 8man's philosophy of social suicide.
It's also supposed to show that above anything else, Hachiman hates pity, especially kindness out of pity.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:53   Link #974
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I think Yukino's appeal was directed more t owards the audience than Hiki.

And the present to Yui at the end felt like an acknowledgement that his previous words had been to harsh, thus he chose a different path to resolve things. Yui was happy because he took her into consideration instead of being obstinant.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 21:15   Link #975
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So much Yukino cuteness and even cuter being scared
Old 2013-05-10, 21:17   Link #976
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
My thoughts on the show and the last episode. I think that Hikki is actually a nice guy with a mask of indifference. I think he secretly wants to interact with people but doesn't trust himself to get closer to people because he's gotten hurt too many times. When he talked about Yuki's sister, I think he was able to recognize her mask because he wears a similar mask. I think he was actually a bit jealous of hers, which is why he said she was awesome.
I agree with the fact that the conflict was not resolved, just sidestepped. I think there are still unresolved feelings, especially from Yui's side.
Yes Hachiman is a nice guy and he can be dependable if he want to, but I never see him wearing a mask, he just don't want to show that particular property of him, because that will only bring a relationship with others, which is in this case he avoid the most, you know I see that Hachiman is a honest person he'll say anything in mind even he will lose a relationship with other and the one who can stand with is only Yukino, he amazed Yukino's sister not because he is jealous of her, but I think it as a negative/sarcastic amaze, that how she can put a nearly perfect facade face.

I don't think there is conflict between Yui and Hachiman to begin with, Hachiman just want to clear the base of the relationship they build upon, and there where Yukino come in to clear this thing up, I could say that relationship their already have is not reset, but they will move their next relationship not based on the accident.
Old 2013-05-11, 03:21   Link #977
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 03:44   Link #978
Traece
:cool:

It's strange, but I think I'm more confused as to the status of Yui and Hiki's relationship now than I ever was. Things got a lot more complicated!

The plot does seem to be thickening in a rather good way though, and I'm glad that there didn't end up being a shift to Yuki as some people had thought might happen.
Old 2013-05-11, 04:38   Link #979
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

As it stands, the relationship between the main characters is status quo (although Yukinoshita seems to regard Yui as someone closer than simply an acquaintance), which means we're back to the former dynamics.

I was quite amused at Yui's dog simply running off every time. She doesn't have a leash on it that works? It ran off twice, which would have hinted that she needed to get it changed (or at least the collar). Hachiman bought that for her, so he's pretty sharp in some aspects.

Hachiman still thinks relationships are unneeded for him to get along with his life, but it's not surprising - he's got as far as he has, all alone. If you don't get involved, you don't face having your feelings cheated, which is pretty logical but at the expense of communication, which most people thrive on. Basically, I see his acts of social suicide as this: as long as others are happy and gain something positive from his actions, he does not care about what or how others look at him (especially if it's swiftly done). At the very least, this twisted way of thinking affords him an ability to see through any facade that others put up.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:46   Link #980
Mubyoshi

Well that sure didn't take long to resolve. I like how the only person Hachiman thought of when they needed a new member was Totsuka, made me laughed more than it should. Yukino looks good with twin tails and an apron.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen