Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 18:23   Link #801
sky black swordman

The 3 main characters seem to ne focused on different time periods;
Kodoka Present
Yozora Past
Sena Future

Kodoka is like I want things to stay the same relationship wise.

Yozora is like I want things to back to way they were before relationship wise.

Sena was things to change in her life like making true friends and maybe getting in to a relationship with Kodoka and in the future maybe maknig Kobato her real little sister. Well she would be her Sister in law.

Vol 7 told me a lot about what they want.

Yozora is intresting because I can be said she loves Kodoka and may try to get in a relationship with him.
But she think about the past too much and freaks out when the past as she knew it changes like when she found out that Sena is also kodoka childhoood friend and may the his first one.
Old 2012-05-29, 20:12   Link #802
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
With good reasons. She just can't reach him and she does not open up to him (gaining trust) and he has no reason to open up to her. It must be painful for her watching how Sena is running circles around her in her own progress to form friendships.

Yes, asking Kodaka for a swimming lesson and not realizing that this is actually a full-fledged date where she gave him some moments where he could protect and care for her is typical for Sena.
At the end of Episode 3 she already reached a state where she could become Kodakas girlfriend. In comparision with Yozora who had to realize in Episode 12 that their childhood friendship ended already ten years ago and that she had to form a new friendship with him.
I do not agree with some of your interpretions. Also quoting the anime event doesn't really lead anywhere in LN discussion.

Yozora and Kodaka's relationship was strong in the past but diluted due to the passage of time. When Kodaka's interating with Yozora it tends to invoke recollection - what they did back then and bring back feelings and memories of what Kodaka already knew about Yozora's personality. It is almost like a long term relationship with a lot of taking things for granted. The past is also 'all the good bits about Yozora' in a sense and unfortunately the present day Yozora is a lot of other bits as well. Yozora not wanting to resume the symbolic nicknames can be interpreted many ways - she may not just want a continuation of the old friend status (hint: she was surprised that it is apparently OK for friends to kiss), she may simply be too embrassed, or due to the same reason Kodaka reasoned (which is your interpretation but do remember it is actually Kodaka's perspective from his typical pragmatic ways, Yozora is actually more idealistic)

Sena is the far from girlfriend status as well. She being the new one on the block is in the process of being understood - however instead of Yozora who has a contrast of past good and current problems, Sena's traits are often both good and bad. Kodaka is at the same time admiring her forthrightness and disliking it. Every time Sena does things Sena way - ie barge in guns blazing without a thought about others, be it calling late at night, making decisions on behalf of others etc - Kodaka always makes an observation, in contrast to what he himself considers normal. Except Kodaka's not normal, he's overly conscious of other's feelings and self-rationalize without actually reaching out, therefore he does things what he considers right but are interpreted differently by everyone else - you can say his interpretation of Yozora's response re: nickname is also an example of this.

A note about the perception that Sena being good at forming relationships - not really. In fact she has low rapport with people in the club other than Kodaka/Yozora/Kobato. If you draw a graph expanding on the various relationships between club members drawing analogy from Persona - social links aside from Kodaka who's the clear centre, Yozora is the second centre whilst Sena has almost no interaction with Maria/Rika/Yikumura, which is fair enough because they not on Sena's radar.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 23:32   Link #803
novalysis

I'd say that Rika is more of an Outside Context Problem to Sena, rather than off her radar completely.

By that, I mean that Sena cannot assign Rika into a place that fits easily into her world-view. Rika disturbs her in some ways. I dare say that in the Neighbour's Club, Rika is the only person Sena fears and is wary of.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 04:00   Link #804
mironicus

Quote:
Yozora not wanting to resume the symbolic nicknames can be interpreted many ways - she may not just want a continuation of the old friend status
Maybe. Those past memories are about a great friendship and Yozora is probably more interested in becoming his girlfriend now. That old friend status does not automatically lead to love. That was the status after Kodaka found out that she is Sora. She has to build a new relationship with him from the ground so he can eventually fall for her. However he also has this memories in mind so that maybe hinder him to see Yozora as an attractive girl he can fall for.

Quote:
Sena is the far from girlfriend status as well. She being the new one on the block is in the process of being understood - however instead of Yozora who has a contrast of past good and current problems, Sena's traits are often both good and bad. Kodaka is at the same time admiring her forthrightness and disliking it.
Sena is mentally ready to become his girlfriend after the swimming lesson date, I suppose.
Her good traits are that her attempt to approach people is like "I trust you a little - you can trust me.". From the start she was not in good terms with Yozora so she was automatically leaning to Kodaka. She can talk casually to him and he does listen to her. She is able to talk about her own weaknesses and they start to share secrets and he never betrays her trust. Kodaka seems to be like a "best girlfriend replacement" for her first (like he seems to be a kind of replacement for his father for Pegasus). Remember that she does not take guys seriously and sees men just as "servants". That changes after the swimming lesson. After that she gets more shy around him. The impression Sena gives Kodaka maybe something what he really wants - a good trustful relationship first. Her attempt to "barge in guns blazing without a thought" in this case was successful as she was able to open some closed doors within his heart with maximum speed.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-05-30 at 06:12.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 23:12   Link #805
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Vexed released another chapter. Off to the "date"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika
"...Hmmm... Still, I wonder, is that denseness of his real...? Or is it that... that's just how he wants things to be...?"
So, early foreshadowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora
"...Hold on. ...I-I'm... cute...?"

"Wha...!? F-femini-... Sexy... cu-...!?"
Plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
I replied, all the while taking peeks at her dazzling, white legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika
"Keheheh... By the way, in Rika's opinion, hot pants make a girl's butt look way sexier than a simple swimsuit or some underwear."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
"I know, right!?"
Great chapter

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-05-30 at 23:36.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 01:17   Link #806
novalysis

And, through uncharacteristically staying quiet, Sena won another date with Kodaka. Lucky girl.

And there's still the "date" to look forward to.

You know, I wonder whether this is sheer dumb luck, or whether something is going on behind the scenes with Sena and Kodaka.

And is he really as thick as he seems to be, or is he trolling everyone?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 02:04   Link #807
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And is he really as thick as he seems to be, or is he trolling everyone?
Spoiler for really big spoiler:
Old 2012-05-31, 02:27   Link #808
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Spoiler for really big spoiler:
exactly, which is why I predict a deep/choose one girl end rather than ambiguity
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 02:27   Link #809
potchip

Heh, female power level of 5 - possibily with a 'galge lover' modifier sitting on top that's another -20. The one with the highest female power level out of the group, unfortunately, is Kodaka.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 09:18   Link #810
mironicus

Sometimes I think the author uses Rika too much just for pointing out embarrassing things about the other characters. I like to know more about Rika herself, but it seems that she is just a supporting/gag character to move the story forward.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:01   Link #811
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That bit with the hot pants was great and totally true

Love when Rika is being so blunt, it's highly amusing and having her describe Yozora's look is kinda ero!

I need a more anime to see Yozora in hot pants!!!
Old 2012-05-31, 22:47   Link #812
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Finally catch up with the latest translated chapter >3<

Yozora worried about Sena's being pissed off on her own way, dawww :3
Kodaka blurted his thought of Rika again, lol. Will this gonna be running joke for two of them?
So next chapter will be yet another Sena flag, can't wait for it. As well as the Kobato's birthday party
Old 2012-06-05, 10:39   Link #813
Miraluka
Banned

Volume 8 cover:

UNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Info:
Quote:
僕は友達が少ない 8“はがない”待望の新刊が登場!
著者:平坂読
イラスト:ブリキ

2012年6月25日発売
聖クロニカ学園学園祭本番、前座のような体育祭はつつがなく終わり、いよいよ文化祭当日となっ た。
自主製作映画を上映する予定の隣人部だったが
映画の仕上げを担当していた理科が倒れてしまい、映画は未完成となり上映は中止に。

残念な結果となった学園祭ののち
これまでの馬鹿馬鹿しいけど賑やかで楽しい活動の日々へと戻っていく隣人部。

互いに絆を深めていく隣人部の面々と過ごしながら、小鷹は隣人部への思いをいっそう強くする。
そんなおり、星奈を敵視する生徒会の遊佐葵が隣人部に対して不穏な動きを見せ
小鷹、夜空、星奈、理科、幸村の関係にも大きな転機が訪れる――。

残念系コメディ、ついに終幕……!?
Ok, I don't know if Hirasaka is trolling me, again, there are the usual club problems like the quarrels between Yusa and Sena , festival failure, etc. but what I don't is the last part about the comedy ending because a turning point on the characters relationship e_e, which kind of change there will be when Kodaka isn't any better IMO than the usual MC and isn't far to be another Ichika or Natsuru ?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 11:22   Link #814
mironicus

Can someone translate the text? Google Translator does not help at all.

Rika without glasses and long hair and no lab coat - this is how Kodaka likes her most I guess. PSP ending...?

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-05 at 11:35.
Old 2012-06-05, 17:34   Link #815
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Volume 8 cover:

UNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Info:

Ok, I don't know if Hirasaka is trolling me, again, there are the usual club problems like the quarrels between Yusa and Sena , festival failure, etc. but what I don't is the last part about the comedy ending because a turning point on the characters relationship e_e, which kind of change there will be when Kodaka isn't any better IMO than the usual MC and isn't far to be another Ichika or Natsuru ?
Err, except that he actually realizes the affections of those around him and my prediction is that the author is actually going to make him make a choice which is kinda a big thing.
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:57   Link #816
sky black swordman

When I first saw the cover I thought that yozora for a second . Thats Rika right? I thought Rika was a brunette?
Old 2012-06-05, 19:05   Link #817
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
When I first saw the cover I thought that yozora for a second . Thats Rika right? I thought Rika was a brunette?
I thought it was Yozora, too, then I saw the glasses.
Well, it IS a bit brown... But iirc, in the novels, Rika's hair was black?
Old 2012-06-05, 19:20   Link #818
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Err, except that he actually realizes the affections of those around him and my prediction is that the author is actually going to make him make a choice which is kinda a big thing.
^This. Those other two mentioned are true blue dense MC. Although what Kodoka is doing can also be just as frustrating...

And Rika looks smoking hot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 02:44   Link #819
mironicus

Rika taking off her glasses and throwing away her lab coat could mean that we will learn more about her character and true self in the next volume.

Quote:
turning point on the characters relationship
A good turning point would be the reveal that Sena is actually blood related to Kodaka and Kobato.

Quote:
This would imply the end of the story. Do you really want that?
Old 2012-06-06, 02:53   Link #820
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Volume 8 cover:
Spoiler for Size issues:

Warning, if it looks like a very happy Yozora , it is not Yozora.

I think that would be worse than someone who's unaware of the affections from the girls. Kodaka's trying to please everyone, but it's obvious that the girls aren't willing to share. That means I don't actually see the story ending at least in the next volume (we're still not through the cover cycles of Yukimura and the two kids).
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen