AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 21:41   Link #1401
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
We had Turns 1 and 2 on farm with 1 person out of our static group MIA (we picked up a random dude from the FC to fill the last slot and swapped jobs around) and today we walked into turn 4 for the first time and it took us all 90 minutes, but we beat turn 4. My hands were sooo shaky the time we cleared it @_@:;; Half our members went in blind and the other half had beaten it with another static that had since fallen apart, so it was a great learning experience all around for group synergy.

Then we tried turn 5 @_@;;;

And in the entire time I've done the Binding Coil of Bahamut (about a month or longer), I have yet to see a single healer's item drop. So I'm thinking about just filling up with all myth items : /
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 05:01   Link #1402
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Have they fixed the issues with lag for this yet? I just remember it being horribly unresponsive in Australia. reason is that I just realised I still have a 3 month game card sitting here, was thinking of leveling my White Mage a bit again. I think, I was like, lvl 30 or 40? I cant remember.
Old 2014-02-10, 05:38   Link #1403
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Have they fixed the issues with lag for this yet? I just remember it being horribly unresponsive in Australia. reason is that I just realised I still have a 3 month game card sitting here, was thinking of leveling my White Mage a bit again. I think, I was like, lvl 30 or 40? I cant remember.
The data center change in patch 2.1 helped a good deal with it, though I am in NA, so I don't have personal experience on how Australia is for it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 12:45   Link #1404
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You should expect constant Free Company (guild) invites from presumably-well-meaning people as long you don't have a FC indicator next to your character's name. (And also, to blacklist at least a few gold spammers every day.)
Those are the reasons I abandoned North American servers and went over to the Japanese servers. I have no idea why — it could be because of cultural differences or because Japanese servers are less populated than American ones — but FC spam invites and gold-sellers are practically non-existent on the two servers I'd played on, Pandaemonium and Chocobo.

So, if the constant spam bothers you, it won't hurt to give Japanese servers a try. Tonberry, if I'm not wrong, actually has more English-speaking players than Japanese-speaking ones, despite being a Japanese server. I understand Australians have effectively adopted the server (and probably most Singaporeans, too), hence ratio of players.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 13:50   Link #1405
kyp275
Meh

IIRC, those are the low pop server?

TBH, I still hate how SE decided to go with regional servers, getting things done outside of prime time is such a pita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
And in the entire time I've done the Binding Coil of Bahamut (about a month or longer), I have yet to see a single healer's item drop. So I'm thinking about just filling up with all myth items : /
The Murphy is strong in Coil.

For example, between my main and alt, I've cleared 1-4 like 30+ times, and I've yet to see any casting body drop(or for that matter, the casting jewelry that i need)
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:33   Link #1406
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
TBH, I still hate how SE decided to go with regional servers, getting things done outside of prime time is such a pita.
Maybe it's cause I am on a high population server, but here you can find a CT, primals, ultima, or map parties almost anytime of the day in PF, though is more limited time range for finding coil is a bit more limited.
MAL
Old 2014-02-10, 19:37   Link #1407
Dark Wing

Quote:
Maybe they should try out that new Mega Server technology Bethesda is going to use for ES:Online?
Old 2014-02-10, 21:23   Link #1408
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
IIRC, those are the low pop server?

The Murphy is strong in Coil.

For example, between my main and alt, I've cleared 1-4 like 30+ times, and I've yet to see any casting body drop(or for that matter, the casting jewelry that i need)
During the login restriction debacle, chocobo is one of the most populated Japanese server while tonberry is populated by asia english speaking player(although to clarify Tiny's post, the Japanese player still outnumber English speakinh player, although not by much), so I don't think it's exactly low pop servers.

I think the reason for lack of RMT in Japanese is much more simple actually, most of the Japanese player(majority of population) simply abhor RMT announcement and ninja invite. When you have no buyer, the seller will naturally decrease. OTOH, there's much more FC recruitment shoutspam in the city on Japanese server compared to its NA counterpart.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:01   Link #1409
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, maybe it's a condemnation because I've become too suspicious (and also that I don't understand FCs deeply enough), but what is the motivation in the aggressive FC recruiting anyway? Is there a direct benefit to the guild for getting more members, beyond the expected benefit of more players to party with and potentially more contributions to the FC bank and FC goals like housing? With the way some people are aggressive about it (basically seeming to make guild recruiting a full-time job), it's almost like they're paid commission for each new recruit.

On the other hand, I suspect some people may just be good people legitimately looking for more friends/colleagues to play with, and in that sense I regret my suspiciousness a bit.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:29   Link #1410
Dark Wing

why not just make a Anime Suki guild so we all know we know we're in a guild that not just using it's members.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:33   Link #1411
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
During the login restriction debacle, chocobo is one of the most populated Japanese server while tonberry is populated by asia english speaking player(although to clarify Tiny's post, the Japanese player still outnumber English speakinh player, although not by much), so I don't think it's exactly low pop servers.
According to the latest census figures (Jan 25, 2014), English-speaking players form 55.2 per cent of Tonberry's population, versus 42 per cent Japanese. The total number of characters in Tonberry is about 31,000.

My first character was created in North American server Exodus, which has about 42,000 characters as of Jan 25. More than 90 per cent are English-speaking, with fewer than 3 per cent who are Japanese-speaking.

Pandaemonium is one of the newer Japanese servers (not by much; it was created in September 2013), hence its smaller population of about 19,000 characters, of whom just under 7 per cent are English-speaking. As for Chocobo, it's one of the older Japanese servers (created in August 2013), with a population of about 24,000 characters, of whom fewer than 4 per cent speak English.

Which makes me wonder why I'm in Chocobo. It's a bit too late for me to move now, unfortunately (there's a level cap for world-transfer applications).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
OTOH, there's much more FC recruitment shoutspam in the city on Japanese server compared to its NA counterpart.
That's true. But shout-spam is much easier to tune out than in-your-face, private-chat spam and free-company invites, which I have to either manually blacklist or click to ignore.

Quote:
By the way, maybe it's a condemnation because I've become too suspicious (and also that I don't understand FCs deeply enough), but what is the motivation in the aggressive FC recruiting anyway? Is there a direct benefit to the guild for getting more members, beyond the expected benefit of more players to party with and potentially more contributions to the FC bank and FC goals like housing? With the way some people are aggressive about it (basically seeming to make guild recruiting a full-time job), it's almost like they're paid commission for each new recruit.
Other than for housing, I don't see any major material benefit from having a large FC. But having a large number of players could make it easier to organise regular raids, I suppose. For my part, I've avoided all free companies, and am still non-aligned. Having experienced the petty politics and unnecessary drama of FFXI linkshells (for example, arguments over who should get the loot; hugely complicated raid-participation rules that made the game feel more like an actual job), I have no wish to go through them again.

I do belong, however, to the only English-speaking linkshell on Chocobo, and I imagine that I will soon have to join a free company if I wish to progress into late end-game content.

Quote:
I fully agree. I miss how I could encounter players from all over the world in FFXI, at any time of the day.
Old 2014-02-11, 01:18   Link #1412
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:

On the other hand, I suspect some people may just be good people legitimately looking for more friends/colleagues to play with, and in that sense I regret my suspiciousness a bit.
I believe the more active members you have in a Free Company the faster your free companies earns points for both ranks (maxing rank isn't hard), and free company actions, you can still only use so many per day, I think only 2 or 3 and only provide marginal benefits to people.

Though I believe obvious reasons are general reason for it.
MAL
Old 2014-02-11, 01:44   Link #1413
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I really, REALLY, hate Coincounter's bs one hit kill move =_=#
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 01:46   Link #1414
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I really, REALLY, hate Coincounter's bs one hit kill move =_=#
Heh. The trick is, if you're a DPS, always try to stay behind him. If you're a ranged DPS, stay as far away as possible. The battle is more of a heart attack for healers.
Old 2014-02-11, 01:48   Link #1415
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Heh. The trick is, if you're a DPS, always try to stay behind him. If you're a ranged DPS, stay as far away as possible. The battle is more of a heart attack for healers.
I'm the tank

Standing behind him doesn't work because his [100 ton] attack can either be a frontal cone or an aoe around him
Old 2014-02-11, 02:52   Link #1416
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm the tank

Standing behind him doesn't work because his [100 ton] attack can either be a frontal cone or an aoe around him
im guessing you're talking about AV 2nd boss...

100 tonne swing = run away asap
100 tonne swipe = you can avoid it by walking thru/ away from him

this should make it a lil' bit easier for you

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 02:56   Link #1417
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, only a two letter difference between death and certain death
Old 2014-02-11, 08:13   Link #1418
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea XD that guy is a freakin Jerk.

You say "I'm a Tank" he replies "I have big hammer" and kills everyone.
Old 2014-02-11, 11:01   Link #1419
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I believe the more active members you have in a Free Company the faster your free companies earns points for both ranks (maxing rank isn't hard), and free company actions, you can still only use so many per day, I think only 2 or 3 and only provide marginal benefits to people.

Though I believe obvious reasons are general reason for it.
Also theoretically speaking if you spam 100 people into your free company and only 10 stay, its still a net gain of members and you may gain a new valuable friend.

I dunno actually, usually I have shouts off

EDIT: My computer bugged out last night (my drive had 100% activity with 0 read or write activity) and caused my character to keep warrior armor while switching to white mage weapon:

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 21:47   Link #1420
Dark Wing

Now one more question before I make my final selection.

Is the collectors edition worth the extra cash?

Tags
mmorpg