AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-03-08, 21:33   Link #3741
philmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
This is really sad, but the right wing of my MG SF has worn because the little binder that rotates the mechanism inside didn't seem to clip on properly like the left one did (dunno if that's my fault or the defect of the kit), so now I'm gonna buy the normal MG SF just for that one little part. That's really sad, but seeing how I like this kit so much, I wouldn't mind spending more just to get more spare parts, lol, in any case, I get new (better) decals from the normal MG SF kit.
Actually, I can always bag myself a Hi-n instead
Yup, same here. The right wing's clip totally tore up so it can't fully rotate without coming loose. I'm utterly disappointed. Oh well, the rest is all good. But I must say, the wings for this unit is extremely disappointing. Oh well, I still have the Hi-Nu and potentially the Zeta Gundam.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 11:23   Link #3742
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Nice update of the Zaku II, I've been meaning to dive into that more, considering the old Zaku MG kit's were so.....unarticulatable

And, not sure if this has been discussed yet, I'm wondering if anyone saw the update on MG Strike Noir. Which, if no one is interested consider this a post for kct only lol. Apparently, straight from Bandai themselves they said the MG Strike Noir's "Appearance and specification are totally recreated, based on MG Strike Freedom, with new parts and inner mechanics." Now that is what I'm talking about. Make this like the 4th MG Strike concoction, but this time with new technology. Very nice, with a MG SF frame this will be amazing. Hope it's true, because I can see kct's gonna beg me for one now

This is why I keep slapping you with one, I have faith in the Strike Noir!

Bandai hobbie site

And it seems the Akatsuki has ABS in it's joints to strengthen the limbs for poses. Understandable considering the backpack options
its not based off of the Strike Freedom, that was a mistake/typo
Deus EpS Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 21:15   Link #3743
philmein

Another question regarding the Zeta V. 2 Gundam:
Are there any loose or unsecured parts that I should be aware of? I honestly hope it doesn't end up like my MG Strike Freedom (well, the wings were the issue).
Old 2007-03-10, 00:21   Link #3744
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Actually, the fit is tighter than the Freedom, since it does not use that much polycap joints than something like the Freedom.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:12   Link #3745
subaruhess

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Yup, same here. The right wing's clip totally tore up so it can't fully rotate without coming loose. I'm utterly disappointed. Oh well, the rest is all good. But I must say, the wings for this unit is extremely disappointing. Oh well, I still have the Hi-Nu and potentially the Zeta Gundam.
You guys obviously need to be more careful when posing the wings, its a very delicate mechanism & doesnt take much to rotate into position. If you forcefully rotate the wings or exert too much pressure on the joints it will get damaged. Unfortunately bandai moulded the wing bearings in a soft less dense plastic, which is daft considering theres alot friction in the joints.

Last edited by subaruhess; 2007-03-11 at 22:42.
subaruhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 16:34   Link #3746
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

ha, you all have a problem with your right wings too eh?

me too, and a few others i know have th same problem with that wing...infact, a friend of mine has completely torn away that specific part and he's one of the more careful people i know with models...

in any case, putty will fix that right up.
Old 2007-03-11, 17:06   Link #3747
philmein

~Time to buy some putty then...lol

But yeah, I'm not going to even bother adjusting the wings..I'll leave it as it is..
Old 2007-03-11, 22:33   Link #3748
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruhess View Post
Unfortunately bandai moulded the wing bearings in a soft less dense plastic, which daft considering theres alot friction in the joints.
- Those are polycaps, I think. And the problem IMHO isn't the movement, but the weight. But that's just my opinion.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 22:53   Link #3749
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

theyre not polycaps
Old 2007-03-11, 22:56   Link #3750
subaruhess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Those are polycaps, I think. And the problem IMHO isn't the movement, but the weight. But that's just my opinion.
No your wrong, weight has nothing to do with it & there arent any polycaps. Its been explained before but theres a male & female connecting parts which sit inside a ring which holds the wings. The problem is that the connecting male/female parts are moulded in a really soft plastic. Frequent reposing will damage this joint, since the plastic isnt strong enough to withstand the friction.
Old 2007-03-11, 23:35   Link #3751
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Which raises the question, why wasn't it made in ABS plastic? Sure, good idea, but we should remember that, if I recall correctly that those infected parts are the gold color, in this case the inner frame of the wing. Bandai may have cited part count over quality when designing the wing area, resulting in the joint area using the gold inner frame parts for the joint. I say they could've used ABS for that joint area.

Oh well, another lesson learned. For me anyways. But does Bandai know about this?

Of course they have to, who wouldn't watch TV after building one lol...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 10:53   Link #3752
subaruhess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Which raises the question, why wasn't it made in ABS plastic?
Probably to lower production costs, bandai are tight people after all. The plastic material used to mould strike freedom's joints is slightly lighter though. The original MG freedom's frame material was much stronger, but that made the joints stiff & fiddley to pose. But MG strike freedom's frame is frictionless, with lighter plastic they've used makes it easier to pose. But it still doesnt justify using a weaker material.
Old 2007-03-13, 04:50   Link #3753
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Some official promo pics, from http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp...=4543112494825

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 13:22   Link #3754
Kittie Rose

Just assembled my first HG kit, it's a Strike Freedom.

Very excellent. Was impressed I didn't have to Gundam Marker it to make it look awesome. It's also a little bigger than I expected it to be.

Unfortunately it's also very fragile being so small and elaborate, and the catch for hte left arm inside the body broke, meaning it's loose in certain positions. If I shove some glue in there it might help.

Still have to assemble my Aile Strike, it looks like it needs a lot of paint work. But I thnk it would be a better figure to fiddle with.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 20:52   Link #3755
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m100/m100_i.htm

Dalong have some pics of the MG Strike Noir up. And manga, I'm sticking to the IWSP >.> .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 20:56   Link #3756
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

WHOA, that was quick...

Dalong sure gets its models fast. Noir looks sexy as always XD Looks like those yellow bits on the shoulders are individual colored parts, and not stickers as has been assumed a few pages back, which is a good thing. ^^

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 21:35   Link #3757
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Must be nice to be a Gunpla fan in Korea.. anyways, now that Strike Noir is out, I'm waiting for the announcement of the next MG. Destiny please!
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 23:23   Link #3758
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Seconded! They'd better make us a MG Destiny. It'll be a waste if they remade S-F, Legend and I-J into BEECRAFT style, but leave out Destiny Gundam.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 00:33   Link #3759
philmein

The only thing that grips me from getting an MG Destiny (if it is released) is the fact that Shinn pilots it. I know, I'm weird. I just cannot stand him at all. By far my most hated character of the SEED series. I mean the model itself is very nice.
Old 2007-03-14, 02:43   Link #3760
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m100/m100_i.htm

Dalong have some pics of the MG Strike Noir up. And manga, I'm sticking to the IWSP >.> .
You know what. I hate life!

Eh, what I mean is, with the Noir being yet another inner frame re-hash(kinda ), I now am faced with the worst nightmare ever: Buy all MG Strike variations, buy the MG SF, take the SF lower body, recolor it, stick the Strike upper body on it, and voila! A much better Strike with all the lovely MG packs available!

The stupid part is putting that whole thing together. Time is something I don't have much of these days and the thought of doing all that to enjoy a decent MG Strike is....crazy

But hey, I'm crazy, insane and maybe my zany-ness can actually make it all work out

And yeah, I somewhat like the IWSP pack more than all of those packs. Gimmicky stuff is my game

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
The only thing that grips me from getting an MG Destiny (if it is released) is the fact that Shinn pilots it. I know, I'm weird. I just cannot stand him at all. By far my most hated character of the SEED series. I mean the model itself is very nice.
But, we want a MG Destiny, not a Megahouse RAH doll of Shinn
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy