AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 08:14   Link #661
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Argh. Yuuichi Nakamura.

Mind giving your personal thoughts on his voice as Tomoya? Disregard any comparison to Kenji, just thoughts based on what was shown, IF there was a voice-in by Nakamura. It's okay if there's bias, I just want some reassurement.

I personally was never really fond of his voice work. Of course, he has little roles thus far, but none of them (( that I watched )) really clicked with me yet.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:16   Link #662
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

October isn't all that much of a shock, though brilliant news! I can't wait to hear the musical score for the series, yet again.

I have no problems with Nakamura, and i'm sure to keep thinking that after the first episode.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:25   Link #663
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

He did a pretty good job.

There are basically two sides to Tomoya which Kyoani was trying to portray. The exterior, deliquent side, and via the use of monologues which reflects the aimless-ness of Tomoya's life. He was able to do both pretty well and conveyed the right emotions.

I wouldn't say he was as perfect of a fit as say, Sugita as Yuuichi in Kanon where on the get go you feel he was spot on, but otoh Nakamura did better than Ono's first episode as Yukito of AIR. That's how I would rank it.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:32   Link #664
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

That's good enough for me. Thanks a lot for the input.

Well, I'll just look forward to Clannad. Looks like it was a good idea to put the game on hold after all. Other than the boring monologues, the first ~meeting, and some other friend~interactions, I haven't been spoiled on anything.

Btw... Sakaguchi IS VOICING Sunohara...RIGHT!?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:35   Link #665
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Btw... Sakaguchi IS VOICING Sunohara...RIGHT!?
Yes. Nobody is changed AFAIK.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:36   Link #666
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Back from TBS Festival, so here's the meat:
* Clannad goes on air on 4th October on BS-i, TBS and MBS.
* Tomoya's seiyuu is Nakamura Yuuichi
* Opening is Megumaru (as expected), ending is a new song "Dango Kasoku" which has its music based on Chiisa na Tenohira.

As for the show itself, let's just say there is nothing to worry about - it's Kyoani quality and I think that speaks for itself. Sunohara, Akio and Sanae are brilliantly handled, no complaints from me as a fan of the game.
Thanks for the report back, houkoholic! Sounds like it's going to be an anxious wait for the next couple of months then!

Any idea if 'Meg Mell' will be sung by Riya as the original game version or will there be a new mix? I'm guessing the new ED song will feature Riya as vocals as well. It's a shame that they won't be using 'Kage Futatsu' as the ending theme.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:37   Link #667
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I wouldn't say he was as perfect of a fit as say, Sugita as Yuuichi in Kanon where on the get go you feel he was spot on, but otoh Nakamura did better than Ono's first episode as Yukito of AIR. That's how I would rank it.
Hmm, i'm quite fond of Ono's Yukito, even in the first episode. Ah well --- i'll take your word for it, hopefully we'll hear Nakamura's Tomoya before the first episode airs, preview or something like that.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:47   Link #668
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Any idea if 'Meg Mell' will be sung by Riya as the original game version or will there be a new mix? 
It's a new mix, but the difference is not that big.

Quote:
I'm guessing the new ED song will feature Riya as vocals as well. It's a shame that they won't be using 'Kage Futatsu' as the ending theme.
The ending is not sung by Riya but a big ensemble, in fact there were so many names I couldn't remember all of it (I think there were at least 6). It's got a nice children's song feel to it, which fits the whole "dango daikasoku" theme (plus the ending animation is of the dangos). Replacing "Kage Futatsu" with a different song is a very good choice, as I would bet that they are saving it for the right moment to play it as an alternate ending theme, as you don't really want it to play "Kage Futatsu" and waste its impact at the end of the first few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, i'm quite fond of Ono's Yukito, even in the first episode. Ah well --- i'll take your word for it, hopefully we'll hear Nakamura's Tomoya before the first episode airs, preview or something like that.
Ono's Yukito during the first half of the first episode was still a little stiff IMO. By the second episode he eased in a lot more and I did eventually liked his Yukito more than Midorikawa's.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:58   Link #669
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
The ending is not sung by Riya but a big ensemble, in fact there were so many names I couldn't remember all of it (I think there were at least 6). It's got a nice children's song feel to it, which fits the whole "dango daikasoku" theme (plus the ending animation is of the dangos).
Thanks for the update.

Do they reuse the BGMs from the game or do they compose new ones for the TV instead?

BTW, have they announced how long will the series be, 13 or 26 (or more) episodes?
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 08:59   Link #670
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Do they reuse the BGMs from the game or do they compose new ones for the TV instead?
Well, seeing as though both Air & Kanon both used the score from the game, i can see it being the same here for CLANNAD --- well, i hope.
Old 2007-08-11, 09:00   Link #671
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Thanks for the update.

BTW, have they announced how long will the series be, 13 or 26 (or more) episodes?
Same music. I would expect so since they never messed with AIR and Kanon's soundtrack either.

I don't think they mentioned how long it is.
Old 2007-08-11, 09:01   Link #672
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
The ending is not sung by Riya but a big ensemble, in fact there were so many names I couldn't remember all of it (I think there were at least 6). It's got a nice children's song feel to it, which fits the whole "dango daikasoku" theme (plus the ending animation is of the dangos). Replacing "Kage Futatsu" with a different song is a very good choice, as I would bet that they are saving it for the right moment to play it as an alternate ending theme, as you don't really want it to play "Kage Futatsu" and waste its impact at the end of the first few episodes.
I guess that's a good point. ^_^ Blame my ignorance of the actual plot details as this story is all new to me. I'm just hoping that the 'children's feel' won't ruin my perception of the series... lol... I guess I'll wait to sample it in the imminent Prologue DVD release (I think that there is one similar to Air and Kanon previously?).

Haha... otherwise I'm jumping around in eager anticipation of October 4 now...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 09:51   Link #673
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I guess I'll wait to sample it in the imminent Prologue DVD release (I think that there is one similar to Air and Kanon previously?).
Yes -- it's available as a mail-in offer for those who ordered all the Kanon DVDs. Hopefully they're organized and can get them out before the show starts airing, but I'm not necessarily counting on it... Mail-in offers can be quite slow to ship.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 10:37   Link #674
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Back from TBS Festival, so here's the meat:
* Clannad goes on air on 4th October on BS-i, TBS and MBS.
* Tomoya's seiyuu is Nakamura Yuuichi
* Opening is Megumaru (as expected), ending is a new song "Dango Kasoku" which has its music based on Chiisa na Tenohira.

As for the show itself, let's just say there is nothing to worry about - it's Kyoani quality and I think that speaks for itself. Sunohara, Akio and Sanae are brilliantly handled, no complaints from me as a fan of the game.
3 days off. Thank you!
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 10:47   Link #675
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, looking forward to another good anime. ^_^

Good to know the date now. Though at the same time it's kinda depressing because this is just one more that I have to keep track of. *sigh*

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 10:53   Link #676
UPR

I have now 2 romance shows to watch this October it does not get better with SnS and now this. Im a sucker for a good romance series.
Old 2007-08-11, 11:05   Link #677
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I have now 2 romance shows to watch this October it does not get better with SnS and now this. Im a sucker for a good romance series.
I'm more worried about the fact that I have 90 million shows to watch that are sitting on my hard drive. LOL

I've watch soooo much anime this summer and it seems like I've barely made a dent in my backed-up collection. I want to finish off Inukami! this weekend, then Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~ and Magikano next week... Probably also Tokimeki Memorial, since I've decided to push that way up in the "To watch" list now that it's finally finished being subbed.

I just have a thing about not watching too many anime concurrently. I already don't like watching Zero no Tsukaima 2, Potemayo, and Sky Girls concurrently with whatever series I am burning through at the moment. I think I'll watch Clannad as it comes out, and DEFINITELY watch SnS as it comes out. So that's already an increase in my "work" load. LOL

Grrrr.... So much anime to watch, so little time.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 11:33   Link #678
FireChick

YAAAAAAY! October 4th Woohoo! I better see this! Nakamura Yuuichi as Tomoya? The only voice I've heard him do is Wataru from Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo. But that was okay to me so I bet Tomoya will be good too! I get the feeling Youhei is gonna sound like Kish/Kishu from Tokyo Mew Mew. Oh! Who's doing that new ending song called "Dango Kasoku"? I need to add it to ANN.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 15:58   Link #679
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

MOON PHASE also posted the TBS info and episode comments.

Looks like it'll be really nice come October. The first episode ended after Tomoya has already witnessed Nagisa's acting? That's pretty fast. ^^; But a fitting cut off point, I think.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 16:21   Link #680
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Interesting.... the Haruhists should be spontaneously exploding in the street by next April ---- but nice to hear Clannad didn't get bumped.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen