AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-18, 10:22   Link #2881
Cinnamon

Falling in love is a normal part of being a teenager so it doesn't surprise me. I'll say it's expected that he wants to experience a relationship since him entering the school in the first place was to seek out the "world" he was forbidden to see by his father. Puberty is the time where feelings for the other sex starts to go haywire so romance and such is a part of the development, not all of course. I bet we will get more development with other malestudents though we already have quite a bit already if you know what I mean. The anime sure has made an impact to how people now perceive him as this dark, cool, edgelord though...
Old 2018-01-18, 11:05   Link #2882
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Falling in love is a normal part of being a teenager so it doesn't surprise me. I'll say it's expected that he wants to experience a relationship since him entering the school in the first place was to seek out the "world" he was forbidden to see by his father. Puberty is the time where feelings for the other sex starts to go haywire so romance and such is a part of the development, not all of course. I bet we will get more development with other malestudents though we already have quite a bit already if you know what I mean. The anime sure has made an impact to how people now perceive him as this dark, cool, edgelord though...
It's like someone said here once.

Ayano in:

manga - shows emotions inside and out.
book - emotions inside, robot out.
anime - robot inside and out.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 13:22   Link #2883
sasabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
No, we don't & not everyone assume that way. Don't jump into conclusion like this. It was just that your way of thought has left an impression that you're nihilistic of the idea of having a romance into stories such as this, even though it's obviously not the main focus of the story. It's like you'd see it as a cancer of the story should the guy began to engage a relationship with any girls. Still, what could go wrong with that?

Yet at the same time, being all grim dark & edgy all the time doesn't always make a great story either, if the author failed to add a little more layer of personality to drive the story around as well as improving the audience's perception on a character in an interesting way. It's boring for not doing anything about it at all. A protagonist are suppose to have his/her own perspective center of the story & will have a decent amount of character developments along the way. It's a human nature to change their perception on life as time goes by.
You dont have to take "everyone" so literally lmao its just an expression people use.
and where did you get grim, dark, and edgy from? if its from the "emotionless machine thing" then ill admit that was a bit of an overstatement from my part. theres nothing wrong with romance being a part of Ayanokoujis character development at all, i never said it was unnatural, just my personal preference it stays a tiny priority in his life, as you said its obviously not the main focus of the story.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 19:20   Link #2884
Liuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post

Spoiler for Volume 7.5:
I swear, the first time I read this my thoughts automatically reacted to Satou-san before I remember that this is not desumachi.

And after that someone mentioned Nagumo and I went straight to arifureta. We only need one OP MC per story! Stop it with the misleading names!

On the chapters' topic, the "Each Individual's Way of Spending" chapter will probably include some shenanigans of Hasebe going out with Sakura to help her buy Aya a present, in the scene of the illustration. And then the first teasing the later to kingdom come with theories about what may happen in the date would be hilarious
Liuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 02:42   Link #2885
Signa
Degenerate

I just wanna see how things end up for this volume since I'm pretty sure we've all seen the illustration of Hasebe and Sakura. I'm really curious as to what they will be doing the rest of this volume. So far I'm expecting another low-key yandere moment with Sakura and I'm really looking forward to it.
Signa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 09:50   Link #2886
tuckersister

I wonder if there are more members of Kiyotaka's family.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 18:19   Link #2887
A7am

I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
A7am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 20:31   Link #2888
UberChelo
натчовек

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7am View Post
I read all the posts in this thread and wonder why noone is mainly focused on the protagonist rather than his will-to-be romance or main heroine blah blah, like I really want to know about a more detailed kiyo's childhood (family members, training regimen, traumas..etc) or anything in particular that may help us understand the real depth of his personality, redeemable maybe ???
The only family member mentioned in the LN has been his dad. If he has more family members is still unknown.

Also, his past is not fully revealed yet, the only thing that it has been shown is he was educated in the White Room, a place where anything considered as ''unnecessary'' by his dad was thrown away (social relationships for example). You can always read Kiyotaka's meeting with his father to understand a little bit more about his past.
UberChelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 21:24   Link #2889
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
As Uberchelo mentioned, Ayanokoji's past was not touched that much, which is understandable since by what Kinugasa(the writer) said, Youkoso will be a long light novel series, he probably wants to give glimpses of Ayanokoji's past thorughout the volumes and then reveal the full picture later.
Old 2018-01-20, 23:12   Link #2890
LG-MAX 2.o

a doubt about volume 3. after horikita loses to ibuki, in the anime Ayano while talking with her, presses his fingers on her neck and puts her to sleep. Does this happen in the novel?
Old 2018-01-21, 00:45   Link #2891
Signa
Degenerate

Quote:
I actually find it hard to come up with discussions concerning Kiyotaka because his past and background are so enigmatic and still unknown. It's easy to come up with a couple speculations but it sort of just feels half assed or it doesn't really lead to anything hype worthy in my honest opinion.

On the other hand, discussions about other characters are more prominent due to the fact that we know more about them than we do to Ayanokouji. Also don't forget about things like the characters SS which help open them up to us readers more and their interactions.
Signa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 00:52   Link #2892
A7am

Well that means for the time being we should still wait for dem flashbacks if we ever got a 2nd season.
And thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signa View Post
I actually find it hard to come up with discussions concerning Kiyotaka because his past and background are so enigmatic and still unknown. It's easy to come up with a couple speculations but it sort of just feels half assed or it doesn't really lead to anything hype worthy in my honest opinion.

On the other hand, discussions about other characters are more prominent due to the fact that we know more about them than we do to Ayanokouji. Also don't forget about things like the characters SS which help open them up to us readers more and their interactions.
I am pretty aware of the fact that the other characters are more open for discussion due to their given SS, yet i am also more attracted to the most interesting character ; the protagonist, i mean undoubtly IRL if you ever saw someone so reserved yet so terrifyingly capable of anything is just breath taking no matter his age.

Last edited by LKK; 2018-01-21 at 10:00. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
A7am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 09:28   Link #2893
Cinnamon

When even Ayanokouji has problems talking about his past due to him comparing it like a blank slate, we can guess that either their personalities haven't been allowed to be acted upon, or that in his view, nothing that happened there was worth talking about.

He even says he started "living" when he entered the school so if there is a place we can start seeing his "character" it's at the school and not in his past where he most likely was like a robot, just following orders. From what we know, he is a good judge of character (able to see his classmates' strengths and weaknesses), has a curiosity for the unknown (what happens when etc etc), he is starting to value friendship (as seen in his group) etc. He has a somewhat low self-esteem, maybe because he values the abilities he doesn't have higher like social abilities and the ability to get a girlfriend? He seems to want those things, but feels he can't since he is aware of his lack of required skills.

If there is something he got when entering the school, it's self-preservation. He seems to be able to do anything to maintain status quo, staying at school. The island exam, Karuizawa case was all just an extension to his wish to stay there. In that case, he shares this trait with Karuizawa and Kushida who all seems to just wanting to protect themselves no matter methods.
Old 2018-01-21, 09:41   Link #2894
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoilers should be out today, right?
Old 2018-01-21, 09:44   Link #2895
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Spoilers should be out today, right?
There are some stores which sell early copies tomorrow according to 5ch.
Old 2018-01-21, 12:56   Link #2896
tuckersister

How people in the school knows that Kiyotaka isn't what he appears to be?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:25   Link #2897
maton456full

Some spoilers are out , but there are too strong for read that i Will not post it , and i dont know if there are real .
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:54   Link #2898
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
Some spoilers are out , but there are too strong for read that i Will not post it , and i dont know if there are real .
How is it so far? You could place it under spoiler tag in here, or PM me about the details.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 20:54   Link #2899
Yahyas

Well to resume the spoiler
-horikita accepte dating with sudo
-Ichinose have some physical relationship with nagumo (You know what I mean)
These spoilers are 99,99% false

Last edited by Yahyas; 2018-01-22 at 21:07.
Yahyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 21:00   Link #2900
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahyas View Post
Well to resume the spoiler
-horikita accepte dating with sudoku
-Ichinose have some physical relationship with nagumo (You know what I mean)
These spoilers are 99,99% false
Spoiler:

Yeah, this better be a fake spoilers. There's no way Kinugasa would be so eager to shot himself on his knee.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller