AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-05, 16:41   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah, Christmas is still a long time away... How this works is that the end of every month is a pretty big and major even that closes off a major 'chapter' in the story.

August 31 had the first multiple pov story with Accelerator, and it also close off the Summer vacation.

September 30 was the Academy City invasion, and again with the duo protagonist story, but also it's the escalation of the tension between Science and Magic.

October 31 was the conclusion of WWIII and the first 'series' of books.

So yeah, this business with Gremlin should conclude at November 30.
Old 2013-07-05, 16:56   Link #122
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

So when we get the cover of new NT volume?
Old 2013-07-05, 17:07   Link #123
Acer
Death to the infidels!

August 10 in good quality, but if follow the example of the last two volumes, should leave an image without quality a few days before.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:13   Link #124
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Guys, I came to the following conclusion: It was not by chance, that in the last volume there was a talk about Santa Claus. The author showed us a Cheknov's gun, that is just waiting to be fired!

I tell you, the final of the GREMLIN arc will be at Christmas. Why?

Look at this.

Now, that would be more awesome than Othinius making actually use of the most celebrated festival in the world and its bloody roots...

Alternative:

Spoiler:
Wow, then the GREMLIN arc is 8 volumes away from closing.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:56   Link #125
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah, Christmas is still a long time away... How this works is that the end of every month is a pretty big and major even that closes off a major 'chapter' in the story.

August 31 had the first multiple pov story with Accelerator, and it also close off the Summer vacation.

September 30 was the Academy City invasion, and again with the duo protagonist story, but also it's the escalation of the tension between Science and Magic.

Actually, the big event in November was the Ichihanaran Festival arc. We have already Mid to Late November!

So, yeah, we will get the next big story part around Christmas, I tell you.

So what will happen?

As I point out, it would be quite interesting, if Kamachi took note from Dresden Files and...

Spoiler:

So, what can we expect?

First, Christmas is in Japan a very important day for Couples, so it will be most likely another two-parter I think.

The first part will be light hearted RomCom around Christmas. Mikoto tries to find a good way to get a date with Touma, but of course "hilarious" situations will develop which will prevent this... But in the end she actually can get a quiet moment with him...

Spoiler:

Now, the second part...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-05, 17:57   Link #126
Acer
Death to the infidels!

then at the end, Othinus is a fat man with a big bag, haha, hilarious, Touma will evolve girls beater for beater seniors.
Old 2013-07-05, 19:14   Link #127
Miraluka
Banned

@DocAstaroth: "Mikoto being hurt badly" sounds like something from a parallel world, maybe Kamachi could do that but I don't think his editor will allow it .

Btw, you can't break the current Touma by injuring the people he is friends with; to pull that better use them against him like Agitate Halation did with Tsuchimikado.

The part about Othinus' fate is cool, though. Now we need Loki and Fenrir to make Othinus BURN.

Btw, I wouldn't be shocked if Laura has the tools and people to pull that off. Or Ollerus as well. Thor mentioned Othinus gouged her eye and hang up herself on a three for a reason.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:41   Link #128
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The part about Othinus' fate is cool, though. Now we need Loki and Fenrir to make Othinus BURN.
Dog the Cat will mimic Fenrir and eat her

Anyways... The unfortunate level 0 that saved Christmas... pretty nice.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:44   Link #129
Miraluka
Banned

What about Accelerator? He would be a good grinch .
Old 2013-07-05, 21:48   Link #130
Shinhwa
Banned

When Christmas comes in Academy City, I want a good event between Touma and Mikoto. Although I am sure a lot of girls will go after Touma during this day... > >;;
Old 2013-07-05, 21:58   Link #131
Acer
Death to the infidels!

appreciate that Touma wend spending Christmas in England with their Anglican brothers, we have seen him meeting with their bitches on the science side, now we have to see it to find the magic side, will he return to get drunk?

Last edited by Acer; 2013-07-05 at 23:57.
Old 2013-07-05, 22:18   Link #132
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Geez I always forget how slow everything in this series happens. I mean in any other series WWIII would be like a year long Kamachi did it in a week . I wonder why he does everything so slowly.
Old 2013-07-06, 04:05   Link #133
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm predicting that Touma's going to have a battle during Christmas and that everyone is going to be looking for him and he's going to be lamenting about how he's the unluckiest guy in the world with no girls who like him while the girls following him all try to pester him for some reason or other

(He is that clueless you know). I think it's totally possible.

When will spoilers come out? August 28th or so?... If so, then we get spoilers an the movie at about the same time... in two months... lol.

I hope Index has a role here. I want her to be more of a character again. I don't know why, but I had an odd change of heart. It's possibly due to Weifriback's influence on me...

I don't see how Kamachi could top NT 7 after all the fanservice (in terms of level 5's appearing)... Maybe we'll see more saints and super-powerful magicians.

!!! I hope we get new info on Imagine Breaker. That would top all of the level 5's meeting. I hope this is what we're going during this battle. I'm looking forward to it. I also hope Aleister will be involved. Everything he is involved in, automatically becomes cooler. Because then, as the audience, we know it must matter
Old 2013-07-06, 10:52   Link #134
Miraluka
Banned

Some random questions that might have a meaning in the future:

From WWIII:
Quote:
Norse mythology was a religion in which it was possible for both gods and people to die and be defeated. Freyr’s sword had never once been depicted as losing in Norse mythology.
Why Othinus choose to be Odin?

Quote:
Within Norse mythology, there was no legend in which that sword lost. Even in the final battle of Ragnarok, Freyr only lost because he had left the sword with someone else before the war began, so a means of defeating that sword was not recorded anywhere.
Even Odin and Thor were defeated along with their weapons, but that sword alone was undefeated.
This well could imply that Othinus even with Gungnir can meet defeat.
Old 2013-07-06, 15:31   Link #135
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Bet ya Freyr would'da lost even if he brought his sword ('tis a joke). :V

Just because something has never been defeated before doesn't mean it CAN'T be defeated...
Unless if in Index it gives the replica wielder some bullshit invincibility modifier.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:07   Link #136
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Some random questions that might have a meaning in the future:

From WWIII:

Why Othinus choose to be Odin?

This well could imply that Othinus even with Gungnir can meet defeat.
Well Othinus isn't literally Odin so it might not be that important.

Quote:
Just because something has never been defeated before doesn't mean it CAN'T be defeated...
Unless if in Index it gives the replica wielder some bullshit invincibility modifier.
Nah Index was really strong with it but it never said she was completely unstoppable. I don't think Index is even strong enough to make something unstoppable at all really.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:57   Link #137
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Bet ya Freyr would'da lost even if he brought his sword ('tis a joke). :V

Eh, what?

I'm talking why Othinus didn't choose to make something that was undefeatable instead of taking the risks of suffering the same fate Acqua had in Academy City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well Othinus isn't literally Odin so it might not be that important.
Yes, but she is getting closer to be one lthe more is said about her in the novels. It started with taking the power away from Ollerus, just like in the legend... and later what Thor said about her in Nt6... and she wants Gungnir...

I wouldn't be surprised if the next step is Ragnarok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Nah Index was really strong with it but it never said she was completely unstoppable. I don't think Index is even strong enough to make something unstoppable at all really.
She was in a poor condition during the World Ward due to Fiamma's control item to begin with.

-----

There was a common joke of posting Styl's photo with black laces on top of it on 2chan .
The narrative comparison of taking on her with 10,000 being naive is ominous .
Old 2013-07-06, 18:19   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Actually, the big event in November was the Ichihanaran Festival arc. We have already Mid to Late November!
Nono, Ichihanaran is like the Daihaisensai or the England Arc.

It's the BIG event in the middle of the month, but there is always one BIGGER than it at the end of the month
Old 2013-07-06, 19:00   Link #139
Doc Astaroth

General question: Should Touma learn some trapping or grappeling moves? Or even an entire fighting system?

I know, he doesn't use just his fist, but I think, if he really doesn't want to hurt someone like Hawaii Shirt again, he should learn how to pin someone. Fist into the face may look awesome, but there are some many other cool things you can do in an unarmed fight.

I just wish to see some martial arts fight in a Anime, that looks like this:

On the other hand, 2:20 has a very Touma-like feeling, hasn't it?

@ Chaos

I see, but when there is another option. That "Plain Skirt in Lab" Kihara looks like she is going to become the next boss fight.
Old 2013-07-06, 19:20   Link #140
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
General question: Should Touma learn some trapping or grappeling moves? Or even an entire fighting system?

I know, he doesn't use just his fist, but I think, if he really doesn't want to hurt someone like Hawaii Shirt again, he should learn how to pin someone. Fist into the face may look awesome, but there are some many other cool things you can do in an unarmed fight.
At the rate this series moves it would be NT volume 200 before he was able to become a master at it

Tags
novel predictions