AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-07-11, 04:37   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 911 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler's here earlier, guys! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the rather detailed info:

-Chapter title is "Great Adventure in the Land of Samurai". Splash is a color page this week (as will be the case for next chapter, as well).

-Luffy briefly recalls the moment he got split from his group. As they were about to be sucked into the whirlpool, the rubber man inflates himself into a platform that Sanji hops on while carrying the rest of the gang. Unfortunately, Luffy ends up getting caught by the octopus from the previous chapter, and is pulled into the vortex. As he gets sucked in, he ends up losing the vivre card he stored in his hat.....

-Back in the forest, we see a girl who is captured by a group of thugs! Interestingly, it's revealed that she's a vassal of the Kouzuki clan.... whom the thugs refer to as "evil". They threaten to either sell her to the red light district or throw her into prison before they encounter Luffy and the Sunny on the beach. As it turns out, that baboon from before is also their bodyguard, who's fighting with the komainu. The men get in contact with their boss, who is only known as the "star performer" at this point, and plan to capture Luffy for illegally entering the country....

-One of the brigands points a gun at Luffy, but he ends up getting beaten up. They then decide to let the baboon take care of him instead, but the pirate intimidates the monkey into submission with his mere gaze! Taking advantage of this distraction, the girl slips behind her captors and manages to knock them out! The girl introduces herself as O-Tama, and interestingly, it seems she has a DF ability where she can create dumplings by making a ring shape with her fingers and literally pulling them out of her face! She feeds said dumplings to the baboon, which pacifies him. She then tells Luffy that they're currently in the Kuri province, and says she was out shopping when she encountered those thugs. She also says to take note of the Kouzuki clan, though at the same time warning him that very clan is considered a huge taboo in Wano.....

-O-Tama tells Luffy that the komainu was protecting her, and later brings the rubber man to her home, where she serves him a small meal of rice and pickles. Naturally, Luffy is disappointed by such meager portions, but Tama excuses herself to use the privy. In reality though, she went to drink water from a river in order to stave her hunger. Later, Tama's master, a man named Tengu (who very much resembles his namesake,) comes home, and is upset that Luffy ate that rice.... as Tama hasn't eaten for days. She works hard daily for money by making hats while often ignoring her hunger, and that rice was a present for her 8th birthday. Tama tries to smooth over the situation when she returns, but she ends up collapsing instead, which shocks Luffy! Tengu tells him that the river she drank from was polluted by Kaidou's factory, rendering her ill. While it's possible for her to relocate to a new home, she refuses to move in order to uphold a promise she kept with none other than.... PORTGAS D. ACE.

-Elsewhere in Wano, we learn the identity of the "star performer" those thugs contacted earlier.... it's BASIL HAWKINS!!! He tells his men to cut off communications and prepare to head towards Kuri, but also warns them to keep their actions hidden from Kaidou....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-07-12 at 23:37.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 07:58   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the year of sanji continues? lol
a little girl is hungry...

OR...
this might have already happened

(saw this pic before, thought it was funny/epic)

Last edited by khoa1708; 2018-07-11 at 09:30.
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 11:32   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First girl Luffy meets in Wano is related to Ace. Fate at work again.
Old 2018-07-11, 11:40   Link #4
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
First girl Luffy meets in Wano is related to Ace. Fate at work again.
We're all bound by fate.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 12:36   Link #5
marvelB

Okay, updated with a few pics! Huh, so Tama really is just a little girl.... well, at least she gets points for not being a clone (though it's pretty much inevitable that at least one will pop up sooner or later, lol). Also, her ability is.... unique, to say the least. Though, I do find it odd that she doesn't use said ability to keep herself fed (unless there's some catch to it, like those dumplings are lacking in nutrients or something?). Also, rather disturbing to think that those thugs literally threatened to sell a small girl like her into prostitution.....

Also, the fact that Hawkins is hiding his movements from Kaidou pretty much guarantees that another supernova alliance is on the way! Now, that just leaves X Drake, the Kid/Killer Duo and Apoo left to team up with (though I feel the latter is the least trustworthy of the lot, to be honest)....
Old 2018-07-11, 13:29   Link #6
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Well, i guess it's time for Sanji to make another Okama Kenpo recipe again. I do hope that Tama can tell about Ace's activity at Wano aside of we known of him making Straw Hat for Oars.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 20:40   Link #7
Rainbowman

Rice and pickles, huh? Gotta try that someday. Something tells me Luffy will make an alliance with Basil Hawkins in this arc.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 02:24   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Rice and pickles, huh? Gotta try that someday. Something tells me Luffy will make an alliance with Basil Hawkins in this arc.
I don't think so... Hawkins is not someone who could do that
although I'm surprised to see him make an alliance with Kaido...

I think Wano arc would be a very long one... There are lots of information from the beginning
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 04:33   Link #9
rladls2121

All these Worst Generations pirates.
Law dropped his Warlord title for sake of defeating Donflamingo and Kaido, so this is betraying the World Government.
Bege, he was going to kill Big Mom someday, so his loyalty toward one of four Emperors was short lived.

And now here is Hawkins, he isn't so blind to be an always yes man to Kaido, he'll probably take advantage to bring the favor out of his situation once he meet Luffy and check his survival rate using his fortune telling cards.
I'm guessing he will side with which ever his outcome probability will be better.
Luffy might as well teach him that relying on his survival rate just to win battles is not everything.

I feel bad for two of these Emperors because not really because of there are lot of traitors but there are so unneeded conflicts even among themselves without the Captains's knowledge.
Whitebeard's and Shanks's crews, most of the crews seems to be good fellows, they'll most likely sort things out with each other like true ladies gentlemen.
Look at Ace and Whitebeard when they conversed each other about Roger, it is most likely that Big Mom and Kaido will just talk to their crews for the sake of deep normal conversation to sort out issues.

The thing is something always goes wrong in certain parts of the world depending on in what way that are not normal.
Big Mom and Kaido are not normal folks since birth i guess.
Previous chapter confirms Edward Newgate is a normal male human since he was born.
No info in Shank's background yet, but most likely a normal human being.
Luffy and maybe Teach are normal, without considering Devil Fruits.
Luffy's life at home itself was not normal.
Teach might have lived an unusual life as well

Blackbeard, I have yet to conclude.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2018-07-12 at 04:54.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 08:51   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

it's funny to think about how O-Tama doesn't realize she made friends with the future pirate king and one of the strongest people in the world
Old 2018-07-12, 09:00   Link #11
grecefar

man I like how the supernovas are having his part in the story in the new world with the straw hats, first law, next bege and now hawkins.

I'm curious... o-tama can eat herself?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 11:08   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Sunny made a worried face when Luffy was about to abandon it. Thought that was a fun detail.

Hawkins will probably be the Capone of this arc. The inside man who will help the crew topple Kaido. Pretty sure he's been waiting for an opportunity like this all this time.

Tama is cute and a really good girl. Now we know who taught Ace how to make hats. I wonder what his promise to her was exactly. No doubt Luffy will take it upon himself to fulfill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, updated with a few pics! Huh, so Tama really is just a little girl.... well, at least she gets points for not being a clone (though it's pretty much inevitable that at least one will pop up sooner or later, lol). Also, her ability is.... unique, to say the least. Though, I do find it odd that she doesn't use said ability to keep herself fed (unless there's some catch to it, like those dumplings are lacking in nutrients or something?). Also, rather disturbing to think that those thugs literally threatened to sell a small girl like her into prostitution.....
Given that she makes the dangos out of her own body, eating them probably does nothing to her. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually made herself hungrier by creating that dango for the baboon, so it's not like she can just make some and sell them either.
Old 2018-07-12, 11:12   Link #13
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
man I like how the supernovas are having his part in the story in the new world with the straw hats, first law, next bege and now hawkins.

I'm curious... o-tama can eat herself?
Hawkins:
Monkey D. Luffy, chance of victory: 100%. Chance of defeat: 0%..... fuck that, make an alliance with me.

So out of those three: Eustass, Apoo and Hawkins, Eustass was the only one who refused to ally with Kaido. Apoo and Hawkins were the only two to say 'fuck Eustass, let's make an alliance with Kaido'
Old 2018-07-12, 12:05   Link #14
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

This was a fun chapter. I enjoyed seeing Luffy use his King Haki like boss, he was actually acted pretty mature this chapter and I liked his relationship with the new kid. Sanji is apparently trying to kill the boys of the crew while saving the woman, he knows half of them minus Zoro and Usopp are devil fruit users, all according to plan he thought.

Hawkin's joining Luffy first is a surprise, oh him working with Kaidou too was one as well. Guess these supernovas thought it was best to jump ship as soon as they saw how powerful the guy was. However I was thinking Kid would be the first to join, guess he will have to be stuck in prison a little while longer LOL. Should be an interesting dynamic though to watch unfolding.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 12:27   Link #15
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Still sucks at lying.
Old 2018-07-12, 15:58   Link #16
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, rather disturbing to think that those thugs literally threatened to sell a small girl like her into prostitution.....

Well... the fact that they would have gotten money for it meant that there's a market, and if Stormblood has taught me anything, it's likely to happen. Good to see Oda ain't shying away from the dark side of things in Wano, even the factory run-off being dangerous.
Old 2018-07-12, 18:29   Link #17
Tuor

I did think it interesting that the Baboon-guy was immediately charmed by O-tama the moment he ate her dumpling. Maybe it's not just normal food, eh?
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 21:44   Link #18
itachi-san314

Nice chapter. It's about time we got to see more of Hawkins, not that I'm a huge fan yet but I'm definitely interested.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 23:35   Link #19
marvelB

Geez, is Luffy gonna confuse every long-nosed guy he comes across with Usopp!? The same thing happened with Kaku so many moons ago (though at least he had the distinction of a rectangular nose as opposed to a rounder one, heh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given that she makes the dangos out of her own body, eating them probably does nothing to her. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually made herself hungrier by creating that dango for the baboon, so it's not like she can just make some and sell them either.
Yeah, checking out the chapter, that does seem likely to be the case. Interestingly, it seems that she does eat her own flesh-dumplings according to Tengu (sounds kinda wrong for me typing that out, heh), but they most likely aren't enough to fill up her little belly (and the polluted rivers certainly aren't helping). Still, frail or not, she seems to be stronger than she looks, considering how she knocked out that pirate like that (and she even said she's training to be a ninja, so....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well... the fact that they would have gotten money for it meant that there's a market, and if Stormblood has taught me anything, it's likely to happen. Good to see Oda ain't shying away from the dark side of things in Wano, even the factory run-off being dangerous.
Oh, I wouldn't doubt that child trafficking was not an uncommon practice even in RL feudal Japan, but I'm still a bit surprised that Oda would even bring it up in a more generally kid-friendly series like OP. But then again, thinking about it now, he's already alluded to some pretty dark events involving children in the New World (Caesar manipulating children into becoming drug addicts at PH and Big Mom cannibalizing her foster family during her youth particularly come to mind).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I don't think so... Hawkins is not someone who could do that
although I'm surprised to see him make an alliance with Kaido...
The fact that Hawkins is concealing his movements from Kaidou already pretty much shows that he's planning something behind the emperor's back. Still, I do find it interesting that he'll apparently be the first supernova to approach Luffy in Wano..... I was expecting him to meet X Drake or maybe Eustass Kid first. Though, speaking of Drake, he should still have Caribou under his supervision, should he not? If so, I imagine Kaidou would be very interested in the information he has about a certain mermaid princess......
Old 2018-07-13, 00:11   Link #20
The Small One

I think the fact, that Hawkins doesn't want to report to Kaido yet doesn't necessarily have to mean he is hiding something. It could very well be, that he first wants more information before reporting.

BTW; what Vivre Card was Luffy talking about? I remember him having a card of Ace, but this one was lost with Ace's death.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote