Old 2004-10-22, 11:02   Link #5241
???
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
*shakes head*

many, many people (included sarcasteak, ???, Meow:)need to know this:

Spoiler:

to all of you 0/10 for being lazy and not doing proper transparency . What I wonder is how NSW didnt point out this, isnt s/he using the vBulletin alternative style as well?

Your the only one who use defaut vBulletin style
The layout is ugly.

0/10 for no anti-aliasing
Old 2004-10-22, 11:09   Link #5242
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Your the only one who use defaut vBulletin style
The layout is ugly.

0/10 for no anti-aliasing
seems more like Im the only one who use the search feature frequently (something that many thread starters should use) in the regular layout you cant use the search feature since its covered by the banner. I wonder why you changed your previous sig, the cropping was simply perfect. I dont see any improvement but doing the fake transparency....to be honest, i dont know what antialiasing can be done in a gif

anyway:

GustaveElazul: another bad use of transparency, no good 0/10

and since aahhsin is even more delusional doing a naruto sig I decided Ill do a naruto sig too ^_^ , Ill finish it soon
Old 2004-10-22, 11:23   Link #5243
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
seems more like Im the only one who use the search feature frequently (something that many thread starters should use) in the regular layout you cant use the search feature since its covered by the banner.
Wrong, manti--this can be fixed. Ask NSW how.

Quote:
I wonder why you changed your previous sig, the cropping was simply perfect. I dont see any improvement but doing the fake transparency....to be honest, i dont know what antialiasing can be done in a gif
One main reason is the "fake transparent" nature of GIFs--you can't actually have transparent pixels on the web, so unless you do pixel-edge borders, complicated and fancy text strokes will look as ugly as sin when saved. Also, because GIF has a maximum limit of 256 colors no matter how godly you are in Photoshop, higher resolution and better quality pictures simply will get butchered unless saved as JPG or PNG. PNG is the obvious solution, but due to its huge file size nature, I'd have to lower quality EVEN MORE just to fit under the lame 30 kb restriction. In conclusion, I have no choice but to go fake transparency.

mantidor - Now this is real transparency, but your pixel-edge cheats a bit too with the whites. 8.7/10
Old 2004-10-22, 11:27   Link #5244
???
Unknown

Because .gif only as 256 pixel colors anf .jpg as 16000 Pixel colors

Anyways sarcasteak: your new siggy is cool.. TOMO is just like me. 8/10
Mantimor: yeah and it noize alot to especialy the hair animation
Old 2004-10-22, 11:42   Link #5245
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Because .gif only as 256 pixel colors anf .jpg as 16000 Pixel colors

Anyways sarcasteak: your new siggy is cool.. TOMO is just like me. 8/10
Mantimor: yeah and it noize alot to especialy the hair animation
That Tomo sig was mine.

Mantidor: Nice animation... i think i already rated it 9.4/10
Old 2004-10-22, 13:30   Link #5246
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Yuiichi: Plus points for the golden eyes. As for everything else..... The sig overal is way to light. I can barely see your name or those petals er leafs... whatever the hell they are ... Cherry Blossoms? -_- Border fits nicely.

As for the Tomo sig. Nice pose for her, but background is so "no". Dont like the palm trees or that gasious green color. And that one leaf by her butt... whats up with that? At first glance i thought she let out a nasty fart and shes smiling cuz she just exterminated the entire population of all living things within a 10 mile radius do to the colors used. And yes its to blurry, up the contrast so you can see her better. oh and i like the text ^_^
Old 2004-10-22, 17:51   Link #5247
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
sarcasteak - cute and weird, great combo 9/10
Yuiichi - very cute Tomo sig, 8/10
SiL Eighty - wow, I love the Etna sig, cool colors too 9.5/10
Old 2004-10-22, 18:02   Link #5248
Jeerix
わたしのいかはばかです

Send a message via AIM to Jeerix Send a message via MSN to Jeerix Send a message via Yahoo to Jeerix
Jenichan :: Good composition and stuff on the sig. The only thing that looks a little off is the lighting on the character. Maybe it's just me? anyway, 8.6
Old 2004-10-22, 18:08   Link #5249
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Jeerix - Excellent composition. This rocks. 9.7/10

Jenichan - Whoever made this sig must be a friggin' genius. 9.3/10
Old 2004-10-22, 18:08   Link #5250
MikoKikyo

Jeerix - unique, interesting, and inscrutable. I don't mind that it's a fake transparency 9/10

Jenichan - without the girl on the left, it'd be perfect... But she just doesn't fit with the scheme in the bg or blend in the image though ... 8/10

SiL Eighty - I love this one!: movement, depth, vibrant colors. 9.5/10

Yuiichi - this is really cute and just nice to look at. I don't usually like the tendency to be squareish though (wider and shorter is ideal) 8.7/10
Old 2004-10-22, 18:24   Link #5251
aahhsin

Jeerix = Excellent ghost like effect. Too much Ghost like effect. I can't see what the hell is inside the space. I'm not even going to bother trying to figure it out either.

F

Jenichan = Whoever made this signature must be a freaking idiot. First off the girl on the right should NOT HAVE HER HAIR CUT OFF. She's in a transparency. the only part that should be cut off if needed is her neck/waist down depending on the size. Hair N-E-V-E-R. Looks tacky and unrealisitc. Secondly the girl in the inside needs to move over toward the right. This is to allow the girl on th left a bit more "Breathing" room so to speak. Finally the picture is much too glossy, glare sucks.

F
Old 2004-10-22, 18:43   Link #5252
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Jenichan = Whoever made this signature must be a freaking idiot. First off the girl on the right should NOT HAVE HER HAIR CUT OFF. She's in a transparency. the only part that should be cut off if needed is her neck/waist down depending on the size. Hair N-E-V-E-R. Looks tacky and unrealisitc. Secondly the girl in the inside needs to move over toward the right. This is to allow the girl on th left a bit more "Breathing" room so to speak. Finally the picture is much too glossy, glare sucks.

F
Nothing I can do about the hair--that's just how the source was. I COULD try to draw it myself, but it might not look as good. Don't know, we'll see. I'll move the girl more to the right; thanks for the suggestion. As for the glossiness...I simply don't see it; can you be more descriptive?

aahhsin - Mandatory anti-R.O.D protection. 8.4/10
Old 2004-10-22, 18:48   Link #5253
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

sarcasteak It would look better with a border. 8.2/10

Mine's an old souvenir Remix" :P

Edit:// oups have to run to the Rate that avatar thread to give a W.T.F.!?!?!? to aahhsin ^^
Old 2004-10-22, 19:27   Link #5254
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
sarcasteak It would look better with a border. 8.2/10

Mine's an old souvenir Remix" :P

Edit:// oups have to run to the Rate that avatar thread to give a W.T.F.!?!?!? to aahhsin ^^
But it's the same as yours...why would it need a border?

JOJO - Instant classic. 8.3/10
Old 2004-10-22, 19:36   Link #5255
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

F
Well I like it so blah

aahhsin - automatic 0/10 cause it's naruto
Old 2004-10-22, 19:39   Link #5256
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
Yuiichi: i like it but it's kinda too small....8.5/10
Old 2004-10-22, 19:43   Link #5257
Necrodeath

Quote:
[...]
and since aahhsin is even more delusional doing a naruto sig I decided Ill do a naruto sig too ^_^ , Ill finish it soon
Naruto Craze in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenichan
[...]
aahhsin - automatic 0/10 cause it's naruto
Does that mean that mine also gets a 0/10? Mine doesn't have Naruto in it....

Jenichan - I dunno...I'm not really fond of it...Would be better if the hair on the left wasn't cut off...not liking the fake transparency either, but I won't go so low to give you a 0/10 because it has fake transparency. Colours of the skin are different...so they kind of look like they don't belong. I dunno...5.5/10
Old 2004-10-22, 19:43   Link #5258
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_31
Yuiichi: i like it but it's kinda too small....8.5/10
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Lol, everything i do is wrong... either too big or too small!!
*Angst*

Jokes there, alright... i'll make the next one a little longer, and the same height... thats the general comment i'm getting.

Sarcasteak + Jojo: Hrmm.... interesting barcode siggy's there. Very original!
Old 2004-10-22, 20:28   Link #5259
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Does that mean that mine also gets a 0/10? Mine doesn't have Naruto in it....
Necrodeath - nah I like yours more, I'm just not a naruto fan and aahhsin said bad things about my sig so I was being mean yours gets a 7/10
Old 2004-10-23, 01:58   Link #5260
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
ok, maybe not my best sig, but I was tired and I pulled a 10 min sig, besides I didnt feel like reusing the old one

Spoiler for in case you dont remember:

ratings!

Jenichan: lazy

Yuiichi: Its very nice, I dont mind that its small, its alittle blurry though, but in general a nice sig ^^

Necrodeath: Too much Naruto, I tried to resist, but couldnt the efects look great on this one, Haku looks reat, but Gaara as a character annoys me, a very good signature.

sarcasteak: no comments ( seriously! I dont have anything to say)

JOJOS'STAR: its a classic ^^, "the army" text seems a bit out ofplace though

PriestessKikyo: I love that sig, the girl expression is very... special, for lack of a better word, I, of course, cant help too feel excluded but it will pass, dont worry ^^

Jeerix: lazy transparencies can be done, the quality some times cant be great, but others it perfectly can match the jpg quality if done right.

SiL Eighty: I dont now how that text with that color and that bakground can be seen, and its not the black border! it has a great effect overall, very nice
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature