AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-03, 00:24   Link #101
mickbis

I would be appreciate if the MC start as early 20 as well it would fit more with the setting and how this MC is a very tall person for his age
16 is a bit too young and most teenager out there is still the very definition of "Naive"
I don't understand why JP story in particular need to have MC age around 16-18
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 01:45   Link #102
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
I would be appreciate if the MC start as early 20 as well it would fit more with the setting and how this MC is a very tall person for his age
16 is a bit too young and most teenager out there is still the very definition of "Naive"
I don't understand why JP story in particular need to have MC age around 16-18
Well the running gag of this novel is that Ryouma is always estimated as a 20+ years old person despite him being 16. And the difference between his age and capabilities start to appear in volume 2, volume 1 was more 'realistic' in my opinion.
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 16:02   Link #103
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
The thing is the MC is 16 at that point (in the latest raws he is 20 i think). How can a 16 year old guy have such a huge understanding on tactics and politics? This is to me a loophole in this whole novel. I mean I personally like it the MC is calm and makes hard cold decisions depending on the situation. I get that he is a formidable fighter thanks to the training in 'sure-kill' martial arts but he is also a (so far) flawless strategist / politican. Like he is a reborn Sun Tzu or Machiavelli
Some of the greatest generals in our world start their military careers around that age.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 16:16   Link #104
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Some of the greatest generals in our world start their military careers around that age.
but they raise in that environment, the mc isn't.
Old 2017-08-03, 19:40   Link #105
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Just because we're not in that environment doesn't mean we don't have that talent.

Take Galusha Pennypacker in the US civil war as an example, joined the union army at the age of 16 and was a brigadier general when he was 20 with no formal military training, some people are just natrally talented at certain things.
Old 2017-08-03, 20:03   Link #106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Just because we're not in that environment doesn't mean we don't have that talent.

Take Galusha Pennypacker in the US civil war as an example, joined the union army at the age of 16 and was a brigadier general when he was 20 with no formal military training, some people are just natrally talented at certain things.
he was prompted to brigadier general because they thought he was going to dead. If the wound was less serious he wouldn't have been prompted. Also he became a colonel when he stay with the army after war and join the army for real.

just read on wiki that pennypacker came form a family with a long service in the military so in a way he was raise in the kind of environment.
Old 2017-08-03, 21:49   Link #107
Newhope

Quote:
he was prompted to brigadier general because they thought he was going to dead. If the wound was less serious he wouldn't have been prompted. Also he became a colonel when he stay with the army after war and join the army for real.

just read on wiki that pennypacker came form a family with a long service in the military so in a way he was raise in the kind of environment.
No he wasn't he was raised by his grandmother as his parents where dead, and had no formal training, unlike say custer who was also young but went to west point.
Old 2017-08-04, 12:43   Link #108
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I tried this , but after it got into the whole 'infiltrate the government to save the princess', it sorta bored me.

I was thinking it was more about growth in his personal power and the power of the 2 sister.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 09:07   Link #109
WyrdMonger

Does the mc get any "potential" heroines?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 11:26   Link #110
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Does the mc get any "potential" heroines?
To be honest the latest Manga chapter hints more for heroines then the novel. In the novel we only get small glimpses of heroines (the Malfisto sisters are the only noticeable so far but in the novel they don't get much 'screentime') but no development so far.
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Old 2017-08-22, 12:36   Link #111
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
To be honest the latest Manga chapter hints more for heroines then the novel. In the novel we only get small glimpses of heroines (the Malfisto sisters are the only noticeable so far but in the novel they don't get much 'screentime') but no development so far.
Well in manga it seems he kills monsters too, while in novel he hasn't done that yet dealing only with human affairs
Old 2017-08-22, 12:48   Link #112
personal

I wonder if in the future Lione can become one of the "potential" heroines.
personal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 13:40   Link #113
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by personal View Post
I wonder if in the future Lione can become one of the "potential" heroines.
In the manga is sure looks like that while in the novel:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2017-08-22, 13:48   Link #114
personal

^Since that time to the latest chapter she didn't show anymore affection to Ryouma, that's why I said "I wonder if in the future Lione can become one of the "potential" heroines.".
btw, the twin sister seem livelier in the manga than in the WN (I haven't read the LN).
personal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 14:20   Link #115
ValvraveTruth

Started reading the Volume 2, I'm shocked to know where the title word "Wortenia" actually come from. I mean the so called 'Wortenia Senki' started at that island lol.
Old 2017-09-25, 19:41   Link #116
personax

Does anyone know what happen with the recent update.
personax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 20:36   Link #117
Nicaea

Quote:
You easily forget that prior to being summoned, Ryouma wasn't your average kid by his world's standards. We even have fellow Japanese guy Sudou comment on this.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 02:26   Link #118
InMyOwnMind

Can ANYONE explain what's up with his childhood friend being summoned to the empire and whats happening with here? This was asked earlier and got ignored.

For those commenting on protagonist's ability, it's pretty clear he's a mary-sue character. That's like calling the sky blue or the sun bright, a 16 year old can't manage what he does both physically and physiologically. At the very least he doesn't have the backstory to excuse anything but good swordsmanship and survival skills.
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 03:42   Link #119
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Dude you talk about ryouma opness forgetting that any 10 years old bumpkin can access google.. I learn warfare strategy on google ya know..(medieval total war) any smart bumpkin can do that with little modification.
Old 2017-10-23, 08:43   Link #120
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
Can ANYONE explain what's up with his childhood friend being summoned to the empire and whats happening with here? This was asked earlier and got ignored.

For those commenting on protagonist's ability, it's pretty clear he's a mary-sue character. That's like calling the sky blue or the sun bright, a 16 year old can't manage what he does both physically and physiologically. At the very least he doesn't have the backstory to excuse anything but good swordsmanship and survival skills.
Unless something changed in the LN. The childhood friend was never summoned.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cliche villains, gary stu mc, politics, strategy