AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-09-19, 14:36   Link #41
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I consider it more likely that if Lina should end up assisting Tatsuya, it will be when Tatsuya fights AGAINST the Yotsuba.
Or maybe the World War. When all the SCM are roaming, that'll be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/928/928816/

if this announcement says anything of lina getting added to the mahouka psvita game, this is probably what Lina will look like in the anime also.

I think she looks... not as cute or cool as i got from the novel illustrations. Maybe it's the pigtails or just the angle.
Whatt, she looks cute enough.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 14:47   Link #42
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/928/928816/

if this announcement says anything of lina getting added to the mahouka psvita game, this is probably what Lina will look like in the anime also.

I think she looks... not as cute or cool as i got from the novel illustrations. Maybe it's the pigtails or just the angle.
It's probably the angle and the lighting.
She looks better in the second picture, even if details are a bit more hazy.
Pegasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 15:28   Link #43
Pegasai

Quote:
Lina was thrown onto the ground, and Tatsuya pressed down from above. Pinned to the ground, Lina spoke in an amazed voice. Her lips, not hidden behind her mask, were curled into a smile, but it wasn't difficult to see through her bravado.

"It's textbook when dealing with an opponent you can't locate to simply bring out non-directional attacks, right?"

"That's called an indiscriminate attack."

"Feel free to think so. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the skill to cast area effect magic. Well, if it's Lina I'm sure you would've been able to defend against that anyway, so with that said please forgive me."

"If you incapacitate yourself in the process, I think it defeats the whole purpose."

"Without resorting to this, there was absolutely no catching you."

"You wanted to catch me? If you're going to declare your love, I'd have preferred a more romantic manner."

Looking downwards into those azure eyes, Tatsuya grinned. He was pinning both of Lina's hands above her head with one palm.
Quote:
Miyuki interjected with emphatic words.

"Miyuki."

"So I shall not say goodbye, Lina."

"...Miyuki, what was that — it sounded like a confession?"

Lina widened her eyes as she stared at Miyuki with a face that had grown mischievous.

"Hmm, I suppose it might be a type of confession. You are my rival, Lina."

Lines like these are why Lina is one of my favorite characters lol. There are a couple more, but don't really want to go hunting for them.

It's really funny how she jokes about things being related to love and then falls in love with Tatsuya herself. Hahahaha.

Really hope she shows up again and soon.
Old 2014-09-19, 23:15   Link #44
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
Lines like these are why Lina is one of my favorite characters lol. There are a couple more, but don't really want to go hunting for them.

It's really funny how she jokes about things being related to love and then falls in love with Tatsuya herself. Hahahaha.

I found a brother-in-arms

Indeed, Lina's jokes are really amusing and her inner tsundere antics are truly adorable. I like the fact that Tatsuya sometimes goes along with her jokes and there are times when he himself makes jokes and teases her.

Quote:
"I know. The worlds we live in are completely separate after all."
Just hoping that she'll move to Japan soon and joins Tatsuya's faction.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:30   Link #45
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I found a brother-in-arms

Indeed, Lina's jokes are really amusing and her inner tsundere antics are truly adorable. I like the fact that Tatsuya sometimes goes along with her jokes and there are times when he himself makes jokes and teases her.

Just hoping that she'll move to Japan soon and joins Tatsuya's faction.
Lina is one of those well written tsundere, who don't have infuriating character traits. Let's hope for volume 15 ok?
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 16:35   Link #46
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Lina was a fun character and I really hope to see more of her in the future.
Old 2014-09-20, 18:28   Link #47
Enternal

Definitely. Would love to see more of her as well. I think she would also make an excellent rival to Miyuki considering they're similar in ages. These 2 fighting for onii-sama while Mayumi fighting for otouto-kun?

Wait. What does that make Honoka fight for? Poor Honoka...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 06:57   Link #48
Pegasai

Pictures of Lina from the game Out of Order. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the bottom of her school uniform has "stars" on it for decoration.

Spoiler for Large images:

If people want to hear how Lina's "voice" may sound like in a possible season II of Mahouka - check the preview below (the Lina segment begins at 2:18). It's not much though--she simply shouts out Muspelheim and only talks for a few moments in the scene afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...n3jwdgJ4#t=139
Old 2014-12-06, 10:56   Link #49
amtro
Distro

It would appear that Yoko Hikasa will be voicing Lina. If they bring in an A-lister like that (not to mention the introduction of Pixie and the Parasites), then the anime announcement is just a matter of time. I really don't want them to squeeze in Reminiscence into an S2 though. That one would be better as a movie. Also a more dramatic OST, tone down on the wannabe techno wubwub and take a leaf from Shiro Sagisu's book, or Thomas Bergersen.
The composer from S1 can do some really good OSTs, I'm a huge fan of his older works and the Accel World OST.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 03:09   Link #50
novalysis

Well, back in the day where International marriages between powerful mages in Allied Countries were the norm, Lina would almost certainly have been a leading candidate for Tatsuya. A Lina as a serious contender for Tatsuya basically has International Ramifications in the balance of power for Mahouka's world.

In-fact, it could trigger the revival of the practice, where allied countries try to encourage international marriages between powerful Mages. Eugenics between two Persons of mass destruction. There's a certain... odd appeal in that idea.

Of course, there is no guarantee that any children from such a union would be as powerful as their hypothetical parents. But then again, it could lead to insanely powerful children too - and if it does, it would probably soon become rather common practice for relatively close and long-standing traditional allies to swap strategic mages in International marriages.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 08:16   Link #51
Mentar
Banned

Quote:

Oh, you were not alone. Lina was an exceptionally likable character, and lord knows she had it hard.

Hoping to see her again soon!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 00:18   Link #52
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Well, back in the day where International marriages between powerful mages in Allied Countries were the norm, Lina would almost certainly have been a leading candidate for Tatsuya. A Lina as a serious contender for Tatsuya basically has International Ramifications in the balance of power for Mahouka's world.

In-fact, it could trigger the revival of the practice, where allied countries try to encourage international marriages between powerful Mages. Eugenics between two Persons of mass destruction. There's a certain... odd appeal in that idea.

Of course, there is no guarantee that any children from such a union would be as powerful as their hypothetical parents. But then again, it could lead to insanely powerful children too - and if it does, it would probably soon become rather common practice for relatively close and long-standing traditional allies to swap strategic mages in International marriages.
The difficulty in this situation is who gets to keep the children let alone the parents. Which country would they be under?

They are maybe in an alliance but if it comes to the balance of power, they will typically look for their own interest first.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 04:33   Link #53
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
The difficulty in this situation is who gets to keep the children let alone the parents. Which country would they be under?

They are maybe in an alliance but if it comes to the balance of power, they will typically look for their own interest first.
And therein lies the problem of Lina x Tatsuya. Which country would the children be under?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 18:30   Link #54
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And therein lies the problem of Lina x Tatsuya. Which country would the children be under?
She could defect to Japan?

Tatsuya did ask her that when she was leaving for home. He even left the offer open for her to consider in the future.

Tatsuya thought that Lina was being taken advantage of as she was not even experiencing life as a high school student or as a regular teen in her native USNA.
Old 2015-04-26, 15:52   Link #55
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
She could defect to Japan?

Tatsuya did ask her that when she was leaving for home. He even left the offer open for her to consider in the future.

Tatsuya thought that Lina was being taken advantage of as she was not even experiencing life as a high school student or as a regular teen in her native USNA.
The only thing I feel is Tatsuya made it sound simpler than it is. Wouldn't the USNA send assassins after her. I think her best chance would be to brought back as the heir of Kudou clan or something. Something like that would work
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 16:23   Link #56
Blonddude42

Lina defecting to Japan could possibly start a war between USNA and Japan. It probably wouldn't start WW IV but would almost certainly cause a major conflict.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 17:20   Link #57
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonddude42 View Post
Lina defecting to Japan could possibly start a war between USNA and Japan. It probably wouldn't start WW IV but would almost certainly cause a major conflict.
A major diplomatic conflict maybe, but a war ? As long as they know there is the caster of the titanic explosion somewhere in Jp the USNA won't risk anything that could be too reckless. Of course giving up on one of your major weapons is no option either. Probably they really would just send assassins.

One of the possibilities I see is if she would fake her death. Regrouth and Parade could be incredibly helpful to do so and the Yotsubas are responsible for the cover up. And even if someone finds out i'm not so sure that anyone would dare to challenge the mighty house Yotsuba of Japan. Of course the last point only works if she became family and the world knows about it (about the alias the Yotsubas create not Linas real identity - she should just not show her real face in public)

This scenario is maybe not so convincing yet but at least it's an interesting option to recover Lina. I kind of miss the rivalry between her and Miyuki. How ever I can not see any other way that actually has a remote chance to work.

Lina - Heir of Koudu? I don't like that. Sounds impossible to me.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 18:08   Link #58
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
A major diplomatic conflict maybe, but a war ? As long as they know there is the caster of the titanic explosion somewhere in Jp the USNA won't risk anything that could be too reckless. Of course giving up on one of your major weapons is no option either. Probably they really would just send assassins.

One of the possibilities I see is if she would fake her death. Regrouth and Parade could be incredibly helpful to do so and the Yotsubas are responsible for the cover up. And even if someone finds out i'm not so sure that anyone would dare to challenge the mighty house Yotsuba of Japan. Of course the last point only works if she became family and the world knows about it (about the alias the Yotsubas create not Linas real identity - she should just not show her real face in public)

This scenario is maybe not so convincing yet but at least it's an interesting option to recover Lina. I kind of miss the rivalry between her and Miyuki. How ever I can not see any other way that actually has a remote chance to work.

I mean she is related to the kudou clan. The kudou clan doesn't really have the best heir right now. Minorou is sick. Then Lina is quite strong and can kinda balance out the yotsuba power ( kinda not a lot ) which Kudou wants. Then that is more likely than Yotsuba helping her out. Why will they help her out? I mean they don't really gain something they don't already have. Only thing I can see is tatsuya helping out but Miyuki might be jealous.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 18:32   Link #59
Blonddude42

Quote:

You're right. They probably wouldn't reach the point of war, but might approach it. Similar to how the US and USSR almost had a nuclear war during the Cuban missile crisis. But definitely not the same. For Japan's government, the pros of having Lina defect to them are far to little compared to the cons.

I do like the idea of her faking her death. That has the highest chance of actually working. Although proving her "death" without providing a body would be extremely difficult because of how important she is. She would have to be involved in something that would not be allowed to be made public or the USNA would have to decide that the world thinking they still have her and her strategic class magic is more important than investigating her "death"
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 19:26   Link #60
Armando99

Quote:

She has the blood of the Koudo clan. She can be considered one of the side families considering her grandfather is the brother of the elder Koudo.

Given that description, she can become a candidate for family head just like the latest two candidates in the Yotsuba clan.